Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:58 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon the Ferryman View Post
Um... lol?

I would just learn how to assemble the music via hex editing. So much more reliable than crappy Sappy.

My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.
there are no tuts for this and also I've erad the sappy tut and he didn't talk about that error
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:08 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon the Ferryman View Post
My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.
In FR/LG there's a special for setting the Seen (and only that). I believe there could be something similar in R/S/E. If not, you'll need to make a custom ASM routine to do the job.
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Kingprawny
Beginning Trainer

Im trying to edit pokemon Ruby so that there is a new type called light. I also want to change the way some of the types effect each other. (If it is not possible in Ruby i could do it in crystal.)
Any help would be much apreciated, thanks!
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM
TuRbO-LuT
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I have just started to learn how to map, script etc etc. My qeustion is....... How do i make it so that a pokemon will only evolve when leveled up at a certain location?? e.g Eevee evolves into Glaceon while leveled up at that Icy Rock place in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Oh & im going to be hacking Fire Red! :D
Ta :D
Turbo~

Platinum Team -
Platinum FC -
Turbo~
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Unless you are a very advanced ASM/Hex hacker, you can't.
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Kingprawny View Post
Im trying to edit pokemon Ruby so that there is a new type called light. I also want to change the way some of the types effect each other. (If it is not possible in Ruby i could do it in crystal.)
Any help would be much apreciated, thanks!
Doable in both versions.
iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
JerisEnigma1337
Rocket Recruited Trainer

Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... ;
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:49 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerisEnigma1337 View Post
Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... ;
use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM
JerisEnigma1337
Rocket Recruited Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map
Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...

Last edited by JerisEnigma1337; July 20th, 2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: to avoid double posts and spellcheck
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerisEnigma1337 View Post
Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...
go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Beesafree
Beginning Trainer

eh does anyone know the answer to my question?
does anyone know Rayquaza's palette offset for platinum?
please and thank you
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
JerisEnigma1337
Rocket Recruited Trainer

Quote:
go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....
EH?! Aha! Thank you so much! You just saved me sooo much time! -- I just need to do a lot of digging before I can really dive into this project. Thanks for the welcome, too, everyone!

@Beesafree: You can find it with PokeTex I think... I started to go search for you, but I don't have a working platinum rom. Sorry!

Last edited by JerisEnigma1337; July 20th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Beesafree
Beginning Trainer

thank you - i will try that

EDIT: i couldn't find pokeTEX English.....
i did find a German one though, although all i saw was a list that i ran into before it starts off:

hero,4350808
heroine,4353C30
herobike,4357058
heroinebike,4359BA0
tower01,4381698
tower02,4383100
tower03,4384B68
tower04,43865D0
tower05,4388038

that's not helpful because i don't need those palettes....
anyone know rayquaza's palette offset?

now i am getting frustrated >_<

Last edited by Beesafree; July 20th, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
thereefernander
4:20

Nature: Docile
Quote:
just change the patlate until you find the color mewtwo uses,and then recolor the rest of the things....
When I go to recolor the sprite it says runtime error 9 subscript out of range
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
When I go to recolor the sprite it says runtime error 9 subscript out of range
this happpends me too sometimes,so do this again -____-
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Lawnmower
Chibi Ninja

Nature: Hasty
Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto 0x800300
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800300
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
= The weather's nice,\n isn't it?

#org 0x800200
= I think I'll head\n down to the beach\n today.

#org 0x800400
= Is that so?\p Well then, what did\n I do with that\n umbrella?

Thank you!
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:29 PM
MC Blaze
The Breeder

Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mr.Silver
Say Hello To Nurse Barbra

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mr.Silver
As for 1 and 3 i have NO clue but for 2 use YAPE (yet another pokemon editor)

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Lawnmower
Chibi Ninja

Nature: Hasty
Actually, MC Blaze, for #1 couldn't you use the unLZ app in the EliteMap pack? There's a tutorial somewhere...
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Blaze View Post
Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.
1-use ape
2-there is evulotion editor pro by dartharon
3-change the script on the s flags
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
thereefernander

Is there a way to make custom palettes or get different ones in the program included with elitemap; "Spread"?
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
Is there a way to make custom palettes or get different ones in the program included with elitemap; "Spread"?
never EVER use elite map, it is outdated. try going with Advanced map(has a palette editor for the tiles) and Advanced Palette editor (APE)(edits ANY palette)
Paired with Druyii.
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:31 AM
thereefernander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
never EVER use elite map, it is outdated. try going with Advanced map(has a palette editor for the tiles) and Advanced Palette editor (APE)(edits ANY palette)
I can't seem to find the Hero's sprites in Advance Map.
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

Spoiler:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto 0x800300
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800300
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
= The weather's nice,\n isn't it?

#org 0x800200
= I think I'll head\n down to the beach\n today.

#org 0x800400
= Is that so?\p Well then, what did\n I do with that\n umbrella?

Thank you!
May I suggest you downloading XSE (eXtreme Script Editor) ? The syntax is not that different from ScriptEd but it's way easier and better. Also, it comes with a guide too. You can get it in my Tools Factory thread in the Toolbox. Oh, and by the way... we have a thread specific for script help, you better ask there next time ;)
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:11 AM
Trainer 11
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
How do I change the sprite of Prof. Birch at the into? I can't find him on unLZ-GBA.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here