Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2009 (04:38 AM).

Is there a good list of Pokemon Diamond hex values for the scripts/events/maps?
Or is there a tutorial on how to find them?

Old July 21st, 2009 (05:09 AM).
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
Hemm, I tried to edit a multichoice, but in the game it doesn't quite work. I followed this to do this.

What I did is two options with [buffer1] and [buffer2]. Before the multichoice I did two bufferattack lines. With a normal message this should work, but it looks like it doesn't with a multichoice.

Is there a way to make this work? I need this for a script where the attacks of your Pokémon are shown in a multichoice (I know there is a special to do this, but it doesn't quite work for my script. It stores the slot number of the attack, but I need the number of the attack.)

Oh yeah, about the special. I believe it's 0xDC. It lets you select an attack and stores the number of the slot in a var.
I don't need the slot number, but the number of the attack (like those in attackstd.rbc). If the multichoice thing doesn't work, is there a way to get the number of the attack based on what attack is in attack slot x of pokémon y?
Old July 21st, 2009 (05:22 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Trainer 11:
How do I change the sprite of Prof. Birch at the into? I can't find him on unLZ-GBA.
Prof. Birch is uncompressed, and unLZ will find compressed sprites. Therefore you need a tile editor.

Quote originally posted by iTeruri:
Hemm, I tried to edit a multichoice, but in the game it doesn't quite work. I followed this to do this.

What I did is two options with [buffer1] and [buffer2]. Before the multichoice I did two bufferattack lines. With a normal message this should work, but it looks like it doesn't with a multichoice.

Is there a way to make this work? I need this for a script where the attacks of your Pokémon are shown in a multichoice (I know there is a special to do this, but it doesn't quite work for my script. It stores the slot number of the attack, but I need the number of the attack.)

Oh yeah, about the special. I believe it's 0xDC. It lets you select an attack and stores the number of the slot in a var.
I don't need the slot number, but the number of the attack (like those in attackstd.rbc). If the multichoice thing doesn't work, is there a way to get the number of the attack based on what attack is in attack slot x of pokémon y?
I'm sorry but the multichoice command won't work with buffers. Anyway, if there's a special that let you choose the attacks I would rather use that. Thing is the returned value is the slot, and not the attack value. So you would then need an ASM routine to retrieve the attack value from the selected slot.
Old July 21st, 2009 (11:31 AM).
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Is there a way for a player to leave a map, go set a flag, then come back and have a different map where the original one was?

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Old July 21st, 2009 (02:44 PM).
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
1.Is there a way to change the shiny rate to 1/2000 instead of the 1/8000 or whatever the default is?

2.Can the max money amount be increased to 9,999,999 instead of 999,999?
Old July 21st, 2009 (02:48 PM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Misty Sama:
1.Is there a way to change the shiny rate to 1/2000 instead of the 1/8000 or whatever the default is?

2.Can the max money amount be increased to 9,999,999 instead of 999,999?
Both can done through ASM.
Old July 21st, 2009 (03:53 PM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by JohnPaulJones:
Is there a way for a player to leave a map, go set a flag, then come back and have a different map where the original one was?
Do a level script that has a setmapfooter command.

Basic setup:

Code:
#org 0xblahblah
checkflag 0xblah
if 0x1 goto 0xyadayada
end

#org 0xyadayada
setmapfooter 0x[map footer number, might need a little work to get the right number]
end
Make sure that events line up properly (warp tiles are in the same spot, people aren't in walls, ect.)
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:02 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Charon the Ferryman:
Do a level script that has a setmapfooter command.

Basic setup:

Code:
#org 0xblahblah
checkflag 0xblah
if 0x1 goto 0xyadayada
end

#org 0xyadayada
setmapfooter 0x[map footer number, might need a little work to get the right number]
end
Make sure that events line up properly (warp tiles are in the same spot, people aren't in walls, ect.)
I've tried and done this before... it doesn't work unless you can FIND the map footers, that and you have to find the date in the footer to edit it...
My hack was going to be based on that little feature, to have the environment affected by the weather, but I had no luck...
Hope it works out though, heheh.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:07 PM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS

Finding Map Footers is a pain, yes, but you can usually find where it is after a bit of trial-and-error.

For the weather, if the weather is affected by a flag, why not make that flag effect the map footer as well? Unless you mean using Rain Dance in battle or something :\
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:09 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Finding Map Footers is a pain, yes, but you can usually find where it is after a bit of trial-and-error.

For the weather, if the weather is affected by a flag, why not make that flag effect the map footer as well? Unless you mean using Rain Dance in battle or something :\
Oh no, I meant hard core weather effects, like emulating flooding, and the aftermath of a typhoon.
(Since my Hack is based on an Island Chain... Oh my, did I let that out!?! DAMN)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:16 PM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS

Oh.

OH.

If you wanted to do something like this:
Spoiler:

Really old video, but works

You would need Map Footers. But if you don't want to warp in and out of a mountain (because you kind of need to do that to climb a mountain in Pokemon), you could do script based events with setmaptiles. Of course, those scripts would be agonizing with all the sepmaptile commands, but that's how it's done. For each of these, you will need Special 0x8E used to refresh the map.

Once you reach the final "raising of water" point, you can set a flag that activates a flag that activates a level script with a setmapfooter command, which sets the map footer to the same map but flooded.
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:22 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Oh.

OH.

If you wanted to do something like this:
Spoiler:

Really old video, but works

You would need Map Footers. But if you don't want to warp in and out of a mountain (because you kind of need to do that to climb a mountain in Pokemon), you could do script based events with setmaptiles. Of course, those scripts would be agonizing with all the sepmaptile commands, but that's how it's done. For each of these, you will need Special 0x8E used to refresh the map.

Once you reach the final "raising of water" point, you can set a flag that activates a flag that activates a level script with a setmapfooter command, which sets the map footer to the same map but flooded.
The problem is finding WHAT footer data to use, and also editing it.
Editing footer data with A-Map doesn't work that well... (See Mirage Island in Pokemon R/S/E...)
I have yet to find a way to edit them...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:29 PM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS

The footer would only be activated in the map script once, and you can usually figure out what number it is by using trial and error, and the map you get's relativity to the map you want. For example, if you want to get Littleroot, but you don't know what its footer is, you could make an educated guess (like 0x3; which should get Rustburo), and then change the number accordingly. Of course, never forget to test.
Old July 21st, 2009 (04:34 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

The footer would only be activated in the map script once, and you can usually figure out what number it is by using trial and error, and the map you get's relativity to the map you want. For example, if you want to get Littleroot, but you don't know what its footer is, you could make an educated guess (like 0x3; which should get Rustburo), and then change the number accordingly. Of course, never forget to test.
Of course... but of course there is the problem of footers existing in FR... I dunno if they do, I could give it a try though...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 21st, 2009 (06:32 PM).
Bored.

Nature: Bold
Although this may have been answered in this thread, I really don't want to look through 425 pages.

I am a new member here, and I have just a simple question to ask. How do you add new marts into Pokemon Hacks? I wanted to add a Mart to my Pallet Town (Will be a different town in the game), but with Advance Mart, it won 't let me, due to there being no mart there originally.

Any help, senior members?
Old July 21st, 2009 (06:37 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Send a message via AIM to BananasGoMoo
Quote originally posted by The Gambling Gallade:
Although this may have been answered in this thread, I really don't want to look through 425 pages.

I am a new member here, and I have just a simple question to ask. How do you add new marts into Pokemon Hacks? I wanted to add a Mart to my Pallet Town (Will be a different town in the game), but with Advance Mart, it won 't let me, due to there being no mart there originally.

try making a script. then you can just put the script into a building you created, and there's your mart.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 21st, 2009 (06:40 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by The Gambling Gallade:

Well, you would have to do a series of things...
First you need to open up A-Map, and build one, just place the tiles in the map.
Next, you'll have to map a mart, just make a new map, or replace an old one.
Then you'll have to place a warp that leads to your new mart.
You'll have to place a person in there, to help you buy stuff.
This next part requires scripting...
You'll have to script the pokemart, that is how all the pokemarts are made, scripts, M-Mart just edits the little bits of data.
Just copy a Pokemart that exists in the game, and paste it into XSE, then edit the items, compile, and give the character the mart script!
I know, it sounds complicated, and doing all this at once is a bad Idea.

You should start by learning how to script.

Get XSE, in HackMews Tool Factory, and read the guide that comes with it.

You'll get there, never give up!
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 21st, 2009 (11:15 PM).
Wolf Pack Member

Nature: Adamant
How do you determine which pokémon appear when you use the Headbutt field move in FireRed? I have a feeling it's in the tree area of Advance Map, but every hack I've seen with headbutt has no Pokémon in the tree section of the wild pokemon tab.
Old July 21st, 2009 (11:36 PM).
Difference is everything...
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Bloodmoon:
How do you determine which pokémon appear when you use the Headbutt field move in FireRed? I have a feeling it's in the tree area of Advance Map, but every hack I've seen with headbutt has no Pokémon in the tree section of the wild pokemon tab.
First off you can't have headbutt in firered as a field move unless you script it. Also if you do script it you have to include the pokemon in the actual script by using the random command...
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old July 21st, 2009 (11:48 PM).
Wolf Pack Member

Quote originally posted by Matteron (96):
First off you can't have headbutt in firered as a field move unless you script it. Also if you do script it you have to include the pokemon in the actual script by using the random command...

Well, I did do a script (nevermind that...)

What does the tree tab in the Wild Pokemon section of Advance Map do? Or what's it for?
Old July 21st, 2009 (11:59 PM).

Well, I did do a script (nevermind that...)

What does the tree tab in the Wild Pokemon section of Advance Map do? Or what's it for?
There is a special to create a wildbattle using the 'tree' data. Using random is just a waste of space, and technically only useful if you are using rock smash rocks in the same area.
If I'm remembering correctly, the 'tree' data is used as rock smash Pokemon.
Old July 22nd, 2009 (12:33 AM).
Wolf Pack Member

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
There is a special to create a wildbattle using the 'tree' data. Using random is just a waste of space, and technically only useful if you are using rock smash rocks in the same area.
If I'm remembering correctly, the 'tree' data is used as rock smash Pokemon.
Thanks for the help. Rock Smash. Never would have guessed.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the fishing wild pokemon. I'm curious on how you determine which rod you use. I noticed the Pokémon are ordered with lower level to higher level. And I'm guessing that the lower level's are for Old rod and slowly progress to Super rod. Am I right? Or do I have to edit something on each Pokémon I want with certain rods?
Old July 22nd, 2009 (01:33 AM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Thanks for the help. Rock Smash. Never would have guessed.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the fishing wild pokemon. I'm curious on how you determine which rod you use. I noticed the Pokémon are ordered with lower level to higher level. And I'm guessing that the lower level's are for Old rod and slowly progress to Super rod. Am I right? Or do I have to edit something on each Pokémon I want with certain rods?
Nope you got it. It is devided into 3 sections, Old, Good, then Super.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 22nd, 2009 (06:25 AM).

I have a big problem:
I patched my leafgreen hack game (it was a mistake). But, how can I unpatch it???
Old July 22nd, 2009 (06:28 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Crysal:
I have a big problem:
I patched my leafgreen hack game (it was a mistake). But, how can I unpatch it???
If you don't have a backup, you're toast. Seriously.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)