Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2009 (05:44 AM).
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

Quote originally posted by SonicBlazePlatinum:
How do you post pictures of your Rom Hack?
Go to VBA, File, then Screen Capture. Or open A-Map and press Print Screen, paste onto paint and save.

Quote originally posted by Bozster:
I have a question. Every time I try to insert a new tileset, this happens:
Attachment 48249

Can anyone explain where the hell I'm going wrong?! I change the palettes and everything and it's really frustrating because no one else seems to have this godforsaken problem!
Now can someone please answer my question?!
Old July 29th, 2009 (06:16 AM).
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL:
There is a cheat code that automatically disables the DS's 3D rendering, and makes a flat image out of anything you are seeing... perfect for ripping tiles...
You gotta google for yourself though...
Yes, I know that. I left that part out so he could find it himself.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old July 29th, 2009 (07:00 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Vesper:
Yes, I know that. I left that part out so he could find it himself.
But it is a pretty obscure code... hasn't been around TOO long, and you don't find it on many forums... so he WOULDN'T end up finding it.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 29th, 2009 (07:05 AM).
Crysal
Beginning Trainer

I wonna make an poke event with onix with his ow sprite and I have some sprites for use but how can I add them to ow editor or must I do something else???
Old July 29th, 2009 (07:07 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote originally posted by Crysal:
I wonna make an poke event with onix with his ow sprite and I have some sprites for use but how can I add them to ow editor or must I do something else???
You can either:
A: Make sure all of Onix's colors are the same as one of the pallets, convert the image to BMP, and insert with the import function... OR
B: Just draw Onix into your OW editor.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 29th, 2009 (08:34 AM).
ghrb30356
Beginning Trainer

HELP PLZ I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM TITLE SCREEN FOR POKEMON FIRE RED
Old July 29th, 2009 (10:08 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Ummm could some one please tell me a good website 4 rombases such as kyledove etc? it would be realy appreciated!

Old July 29th, 2009 (10:21 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote originally posted by powerruletheearth:
Ummm could some one please tell me a good website 4 rombases such as kyledove etc? it would be realy appreciated!
Whack a Hack, look it up, mkay?
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 29th, 2009 (01:53 PM).
sprint
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if this is a god question for here, but here goes.

So I have this Cloud fakemon that is the third evolution. The "cloud" evo line is supposed to replace the pidgey line, so it is fairly common. Anyway, I was thinking of giving the third evolution the ability "drizzle" (the one that makes it rain when you enter the battle) because it fits him (he's a thundercloud). Could this make the game too easy? He's dark/thunder and can learn some water moves, as well as thunder. Thanks in advance, if this is the right section.
Old July 29th, 2009 (02:25 PM).
ianmichael7
Pokemon Fayt Creator

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by sprint:
I don't know if this is a god question for here, but here goes.

So I have this Cloud fakemon that is the third evolution. The "cloud" evo line is supposed to replace the pidgey line, so it is fairly common. Anyway, I was thinking of giving the third evolution the ability "drizzle" (the one that makes it rain when you enter the battle) because it fits him (he's a thundercloud). Could this make the game too easy? He's dark/thunder and can learn some water moves, as well as thunder. Thanks in advance, if this is the right section.
Well... if you believe it is to easy(I have no say in it, it's your game) Then why not make a thunder or water stone evo??? Make people work to evolve them more then just training it. Just a sudgestion though, use it if you wish...
Old July 29th, 2009 (02:30 PM).
sprint
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by ianmichael7:
Well... if you believe it is to easy(I have no say in it, it's your game) Then why not make a thunder or water stone evo??? Make people work to evolve them more then just training it. Just a sudgestion though, use it if you wish...
Ha didn't even think of that

Thanks.
Old July 29th, 2009 (06:58 PM).
rednano12
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know what the number for the title in Pokemon emerald is in Unlz.gba? The one that says Pokemon emerald. Any, and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old July 30th, 2009 (01:34 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote originally posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL:
Whack a Hack, look it up, mkay?
ive seen them any other good sites?

Old July 30th, 2009 (03:04 AM).
JBW
Beginning Trainer

I'm trying to insert some sprites into sapphire using unlz-gba but every time i try it either comes out in one long strip of the pokemon im using, a black strip or it comes out fine except for a strange black mess at the bottom. Any idea why?
Old July 30th, 2009 (03:35 AM).
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
is that possible to add infinite new maps to emerald?
since the power of one has failed because of people that didn't want to help I came up with a new idea that will be based on emerald....
Old July 30th, 2009 (04:30 AM).
Samike360
Lover of May

Ok I have two questions...I have been working hard on these, so I would really appreciate some help.

1. I have been trying to change the multichoice boxes using JPAN's tutorial and hex workshop. I got the first one working fine, but I can't seem to be able to change the second multichoice box. In HEX, I did the same thing with different offsets for 0x3E04C0 (the line under the one where the first multichoice starts). When I compile it, the second multichoice is not changed and the first one is messed up...so where does the second (and 3rd and 4th ) multichoices start from?

2. I remember seeing some command "findplayerposition" or something....is there a way that I can make a level script change depending on where the player enters the map? Like your rival running up to you if you're on a block, but running up towards you when you're on the adjoining block.

Thanks a lot, these will be really helpful for me

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old July 30th, 2009 (06:59 AM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by onyx79:
is that possible to add infinite new maps to emerald?
since the power of one has failed because of people that didn't want to help I came up with a new idea that will be based on emerald....
Not an infinite amount since there is a limit to the space in the map bank for new maps.

Quote originally posted by Samike360:
Ok I have two questions...I have been working hard on these, so I would really appreciate some help.

1. I have been trying to change the multichoice boxes using JPAN's tutorial and hex workshop. I got the first one working fine, but I can't seem to be able to change the second multichoice box. In HEX, I did the same thing with different offsets for 0x3E04C0 (the line under the one where the first multichoice starts). When I compile it, the second multichoice is not changed and the first one is messed up...so where does the second (and 3rd and 4th ) multichoices start from?

2. I remember seeing some command "findplayerposition" or something....is there a way that I can make a level script change depending on where the player enters the map? Like your rival running up to you if you're on a block, but running up towards you when you're on the adjoining block.

Thanks a lot, these will be really helpful for me
1. Waht yu have to do is search the multichoice options in one long hex string. You can't make the multichoice text beigger than the original label.

2. The command getplayerpos is what you're thinking of and yeah you can make a level script like that.
Old July 30th, 2009 (09:36 AM).
MC Blaze
The Breeder

I've a liittle problem:

I'm trying to change the player's OW in my hack, I've already the sprites and I just imported them to the game with OW Editor, but whenever I try to color them to fit the actual colors, a window pops up saying something about Error 55 and SaveSprite, please help, I need to get this done!
Old July 30th, 2009 (12:21 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by MC Blaze:
I've a liittle problem:

I'm trying to change the player's OW in my hack, I've already the sprites and I just imported them to the game with OW Editor, but whenever I try to color them to fit the actual colors, a window pops up saying something about Error 55 and SaveSprite, please help, I need to get this done!
Import the sprite and then close OW Editor, Then reopen it and colour in.
Old July 30th, 2009 (12:48 PM).
MC Blaze
The Breeder

Quote originally posted by Pokepal17:
Import the sprite and then close OW Editor, Then reopen it and colour in.
May god bless you, Pokepal17, may god bless you
Old July 30th, 2009 (01:49 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by MC Blaze:
May god bless you, Pokepal17, may god bless you
Zel's the one who deserves the blessing. His hack inspired me to hack.
Old July 30th, 2009 (05:01 PM).
Samike360
Lover of May

1. Waht yu have to do is search the multichoice options in one long hex string. You can't make the multichoice text beigger than the original label.

2. The command getplayerpos is what you're thinking of and yeah you can make a level script like that.
Thanks for the help, but could you elaborate about the hex? If I want to make the multichoice boxes say cyndaquil, charmander, and torchic would I have to find a box to replace it with more characters than them? Could I put it in an unused offset space? Could I use a 6-choice command and make it 3 choices so I wouldn't overwrite?

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old July 30th, 2009 (06:06 PM).
Larvitar170
Noobie hacker

Ok guys, quick question. I have been working on my hack, using fire red, and Advanced Map. I made a new connection, and since then, every time I try to leave a building, the game resets to the title screen. When I try to start the game over, it leads to a black screen, but has my music playing. What am I to do, has anyone else had this issue? If yes, how did you fix it?

Old July 30th, 2009 (06:18 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by Samike360:
Thanks for the help, but could you elaborate about the hex? If I want to make the multichoice boxes say cyndaquil, charmander, and torchic would I have to find a box to replace it with more characters than them? Could I put it in an unused offset space? Could I use a 6-choice command and make it 3 choices so I wouldn't overwrite?
Well shorten the names to make them the same size as the old one e.g. Charmander - Char. I don't think it's possible to add or take away choice on a multichoice but there is a scripting command which lets you choose how many options to put on one line.
Old July 30th, 2009 (06:20 PM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Well shorten the names to make them the same size as the old one e.g. Charmander - Char. I don't think it's possible to add or take away choice on a multichoice but there is a scripting command which lets you choose how many options to put on one line.
No, you can completely make new multichoices.
You need to repoint the table data, but it is there.
There is a tutorial in the Docs. and Tuts. section.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links