The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:06 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz View Post
Well that sucks in a way :/ I think a lot of cool hacks could be made if someone made tools. I would but I don't know how
If you would be willing to get into all that, you COULD learn.
I suggest by starting to learn a programing language, it might be tough at first, but once you get a grasp of it, you can seriously make some cool stuff.
(Just look at A-Map)
I suggest starting with Visual Basic 6, VB.Net, or Visual C++.
(From what I remember, Vb6, and VB.Net both cost money, but I think C++ is free now... I may be mistaken.)
There are plenty of tutorials online, I suggest Youtube.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz
Ok good. Thanks for that. The only problem would be time.

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:00 AM
3dd13
Advanced Music Remixer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 3dd13
ok, seriously, im making a downgrade, and need to change the crys in firered starting with treekos. please tell me a simple way, starting with using pokecry.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
TSK
Feeling appreaciated =D

Whenever I try to insert a replacement sprite for Charizard on the titlescreen (in Fire Red)the new sprite shares it's palette entries with the "Pokémon" Logo... Any advice?
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Khaz
Beginning Trainer

it would be really nice for someone to give me the link they got a-text from.....

oh and here are the exact words: Program to edit texts in a Pokémon Advance ROM. has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

the link i searched for is Broken and its now a :What you need. When u need it - search page..
Old August 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM
jakerman999
looking for spriters

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jakerman999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK View Post
Whenever I try to insert a replacement sprite for Charizard on the titlescreen (in Fire Red)the new sprite shares it's palette entries with the "Pokémon" Logo... Any advice?
hey TSK, I'm having a similar problem but with gamefreak text instead of the sprite. you could try googling a program called TSSC which changes the sprite on the intro screen for you, or you could manually edit the ROM by searching for the new image and changing the pallet pointer to the correct pallet.

jakerman999's PokePet

sharpshell the level 45 Kabutops!

I have a life, I bought it on e-bay.

support shiny gold!
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samike360 View Post
Ok, I have a problem. In A-map, whenever I add a new map and change the name, it changes all the names of the maps that I have already added. Plus, when moving between maps, I encounter this:
Spoiler:

Please help me fix this issue, I think that it is with footers/headers and I have tried playing around with stuff in hex, but nothing is working. (This is for Johto Adventures)
For the map name, the reason it does that is because if you use a map name, say PALLET TOWN, and you change it to say... Karlli Town, then all the maps with PALLET TOWN names will be changed to Karlli Town or whatever you put.

As for the map screw-up, it goes away if a certain script on the map is executed. Look into the script to see if something causes it to happen.

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
For the map name, the reason it does that is because if you use a map name, say PALLET TOWN, and you change it to say... Karlli Town, then all the maps with PALLET TOWN names will be changed to Karlli Town or whatever you put.

As for the map screw-up, it goes away if a certain script on the map is executed. Look into the script to see if something causes it to happen.
Ok thanks. But how would I change it so that the maps can have all different names?

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samike360 View Post
Ok thanks. But how would I change it so that the maps can have all different names?
Find a name under the name drop down list that you never see in the game, and use that.

Old August 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
exzibit15
Beginning Trainer

hello. is there a software that can edit the wild pokemon to becomde shiny pokemon?? or to making the finding rate of shiny pokemon higher?
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!

Nature: Modest
A question I need some help with: Is there any way, any way at all, to remove a Pokémon from your party? I know that trading with an NPC will remove a Pokemon from your party and replace it with another, but is there any way to bypass the entire trade and simply remove the Pokémon (without getting anything in return?)

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; August 6th, 2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
A question I need some help with: Is there any way, any way at all, to remove a Pokémon from your party? I know that trading with an NPC will remove a Pokemon from your party and replace it with another, but is there any way to bypass the entire trade and simply remove the Pokémon (without getting anything in return?)
The only way I know is to use the Daycare script that allows you to give a Pokemon to the daycare person.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
The only way I know is to use the Daycare script that allows you to give a Pokemon to the daycare person.
Someone made an ASM routine to do this, but another way this could work is to simply erase the data from the RAM.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Late
Pokémon Artist

Nature: Careful
I don't know if this is possible but I want Pokémon Emerald's bikes to Fire Red. I like the idea of two different bikes. I could make some secret places with those bikes. Does anybody know how I can do that? (I know that it's easy to hack Emerald as well but I have already started Fire Red hacking and it's much better game to hack.) If anybody doesn't know it doesn't matter (yes, it matters...) I can do a hack without these bikes.

Please feed my Pokémon and warm my eggs.
Thanks for everyone who have clicked these, you've helped me a lot

Anyone has Club Nintendo codes that you don't need? I want those.
If you have one code for me I can trade you my Explorers of Sky code as I can't put it because I have registered already one. (Registered my brother's game and now I can't register mine...) Someone have same thing? PM me.
I know there's nobody who wishes to do this xD
I'm talking about Club Nintendo of Europe.
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Co500
Looking to start a new hack

I have a problem its for johto Adventures aswell as soon as you go onto another map you cant return or itl freeze, I think its the offset where Ive placed it because im a rookie mapper so if anyone is experienced please help

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Old August 7th, 2009, 02:33 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late View Post
I don't know if this is possible but I want Pokémon Emerald's bikes to Fire Red. I like the idea of two different bikes. I could make some secret places with those bikes. Does anybody know how I can do that? (I know that it's easy to hack Emerald as well but I have already started Fire Red hacking and it's much better game to hack.) If anybody doesn't know it doesn't matter (yes, it matters...) I can do a hack without these bikes.
You would have to adapt the ASM routines from Emerald to work on FireRed version, which could take quite some time.
(Hmm sounds like another project I heard of... muahahah (It has nothing to do with the bikes...))
If you want a cheaper way to do it, I suppose you could make a script that works only if you have one bike or another... (Like for the bunny hops that the Acro Bike can do, you could make a script that makes it LOOK like you are bunny hopping over that area...)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 7th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by con-11 View Post
I have a problem its for johto Adventures aswell as soon as you go onto another map you cant return or itl freeze, I think its the offset where Ive placed it because im a rookie mapper so if anyone is experienced please help
I think I know where you're going wrong. You're talking about going to another map through connections, yes? In that case you need to make sure that both maps connect with each other. Just one of the maps connected to the other won't do. On A-Map, press Ctrl+A on your maps to open up Connection Manager.

Now I have a question:
Is there a tutorial which tells me all the offsets I need in HEX editing?
Old August 7th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Palkia9
Beginning Trainer

Hello can you help me for download the rom base in the rom hacking ressource #26.
Thanks for the person who help me.
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Pikablµ
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Impish
NOOOO!
NO NO NO!!!!

I have a completely unmodified clean FireRed BPRE US ROM. So I begun hacking it, started with the titlescreen, followed the steps of this tutorial. so when i had to load a raw to edit the titlescreen in unlz gba, it said too big. No problem, let's look for free space in FSF, i said. But NO FREE SPACE FOUND!?!?! What?????

How do i solve this? How do i edit the titlescreen? HOW?!?!!?!?! Does a ROM have that less free space? i can't even edit the titlescreen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. GREATLY.
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hoshiko Aki

Hello,

I have a question about the d/p/pt boot screen in some of the other hacks.
Is there a patch or something? Yes: can you give my a link to it. If not: How can i add it to my hack then and where can I get the pic for it?
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by raibaru View Post
Hello,

I have a question about the d/p/pt boot screen in some of the other hacks.
Is there a patch or something? Yes: can you give my a link to it. If not: How can i add it to my hack then and where can I get the pic for it?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=155219
There's the tutorial, it's pretty easy to follow.
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Samike360
Lover of May

For some reason, when I enter a certain map (route 2 in Johto Adventures) a person event doesn't appear at all the 2 scripts completely fail to activate. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:18 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late View Post
It is possible, but it requires a crazy amount of scripting experience.

First off, goto the Firered Bike shop and find the person who gives you a bike. I'm not much of a scripter, but it would take a script kinda like the one in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. It requires all kinds of intense scripting, but it should be as simple as copy and paste. However, you need to find the Hidden ID of the two Hoenn Region bikes on the Firered ROM, and edit that from the original script. But, there are some other things that may set you back, such as things like the variables, flags, etc... If you know it well enough, it should be possible. It requires no ASM hacking what-so-ever if you can figure it out.

Old August 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

Ok this has become a real problem for me, whenever I insert new tiles they don't work correctly, by that I mean tiles that are supposed to cover the hero, they don't, example, trees, lamp posts, etc.
P.S. I put 00 in their behavior bites and background bites.
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:55 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
Ok this has become a real problem for me, whenever I insert new tiles they don't work correctly, by that I mean tiles that are supposed to cover the hero, they don't, example, trees, lamp posts, etc.
P.S. I put 00 in their behavior bites and background bites.
The problem may be this:

If there are tiles in the second box of the Block Editor, then whether it covers the hero or not is determined by the Background Byte. Ex:

If the lampost is a combined tile consisting of the lampost top and the ground beneath it, then you're out of luck.

If the lampost is a seperate tile and you put the ground beneath it, then 00 should let it cover the hero.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links