The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2009 (08:50 AM).
codyhein
Beginning Trainer

Is there any way to make a pokemart like shop to sell pokemon(even if the pokemon are free at level 1)? with multiple choices?
Old August 21st, 2009 (08:53 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
at the real pokemart no but You can make a bootleg pokemon store and each persone can sell you one item including a pokemon
the script would look like this when you test it out
do you wana buy this pokemon for 500 yes or no
got it :D
Old August 21st, 2009 (08:57 AM). Edited August 21st, 2009 by codyhein.
codyhein
Beginning Trainer

What if i wanted to make multiple pokemon sold from 1 person, i can already give one at a time...

Example: _______________
| Buy | --------> | Squirtle $100|
| Quit | | Bulbasoar $100|
| etc... $100|
Old August 21st, 2009 (09:05 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
i think its posiable (above my ablites to script) I would proberly ask one of my friends who are better at scripting also I wouldent want my hack to beable to sell pokemon thats wierd(no offence)
Old August 21st, 2009 (09:10 AM).
codyhein
Beginning Trainer

Lets just say my pokemon game doesnt follow the same gameplay entirely. and this would be only for certain pokemon, at level 1
Old August 21st, 2009 (09:25 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

oh okay do as you wish sorry I cant make the script tho but to your question it proberly is posiable
Old August 21st, 2009 (11:37 AM).
Blaziquaza

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Well, what exactly do you mean? What are you replacing? If you are replacing the Regis, all 3 use the same OW in different pallettes, so you will have 3 of the same sprite, unless you repoint, or something.
Well,I am using the Regis,but I don't know how to repoint OWs,so,you know.It'll be tough.

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old August 21st, 2009 (12:14 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayquazaLv.X View Post
Well,I am using the Regis,but I don't know how to repoint OWs,so,you know.It'll be tough.
Find my OW resizing tutorial in the documents and tutorial section (I'm too tired lazy to post a link).

It as a part on repointing OW frames.
Old August 21st, 2009 (12:24 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

here is the link it is a vevery good tutorial props to pokepal17
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=173028
Old August 21st, 2009 (12:59 PM).
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
I have wasted an entire day trying to install this worldmap. I've been working with haefele's tutorial, and it just isn't working. Whenever I try to load the .raw file everything just gets crammed into the side, all jumbled up. I'm going to attach a raw file and a tilemap file, so you know what I mean. You can try inserting it yourself, and you'll see what I mean.
What's going on?
Wait, okay, now I can't attach any files with the "Manage Attachments" button. So I guess I'll make that my second question. Great. Just great.
Old August 21st, 2009 (04:17 PM).
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

How would I change the theme for when I fight certain trainers? I made a song for the game that I don't want to overwrite a track. I just want to know how I can change songs for trainers?
Old August 21st, 2009 (04:29 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

in most trainer editors you have the option to change the music may I recamend advance trainer by hackmew
Old August 21st, 2009 (04:46 PM).
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
in most trainer editors you have the option to change the music may I recamend advance trainer by hackmew
No, A-Trainer only allows me to chage the intro theme, not the battle theme. Also, I have an additional question.
In Advanced Map, I added in a trainer, but I don't know how to code in his pokemon, their moves, and his dialouge. Nothing I've tried works.
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:11 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

his pokemon traner editor
there moves a move editor like yape
dialog script like xse
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:13 PM).
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

Quote:
his pokemon traner editor
there moves a move editor like yape
dialog script like xse
So use A-Trainer and XSE?
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:39 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

and yape if you want to edit the moves
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:44 PM).
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

Quote:
and yape if you want to edit the moves
Doesn't YAPE just edit the moves of the pokemon species, and not the trainers?
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:46 PM).
d3c0d3d
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I'm in the middle of making a hack, I'm trying to make a Pokemon game with a different feel to it, trying to change up the repetitive Pokemon style, ya know? But I need to figure out how to make it so you start with the national Pokedex. I've been trying for a while now, and I've searched for it, but as far as I saw nothing really came up, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked haha. It seems pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks.
Old August 21st, 2009 (05:51 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

yes its been asked before(manny time) in okes script after you get the regular dex put the line special 0x(national dex) I forget the esact number but if you search okes script you should find it under the text .... click done you dex has been updated
Old August 21st, 2009 (06:42 PM).
The Gambling Gallade
Bored.

Nature: Bold
Now, before I post my question, understand that all my warps work fine. When I test them in Advance Map, they all work as I want.

Anyways, when I go into the game, and try to enter the room, the whole screen is black. What happened?
Old August 21st, 2009 (06:58 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

ahh This happened to before when I was a younger hacker and I figured it out It also happened a few times recently I dont know why it happends but I know how to fix it :D
click on the buttune that looks like a house and a sun this is the insert map buttune
then if your map(you are having problems with is bank 4 map 3) put in the box insert map 4 3 bacialy you are inserting the same map into the map but andvances map repoints it with a diferent offset mabey this happends when you over lap a offset not sure but this fixs the problem 100% of the time if you need more help send me your hack and I will do it because its a quick fix also and if you have any more questions leave me a visiting message
Old August 21st, 2009 (07:03 PM).
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
That's happened to me too, when I tried to make an alternate warp into Brock's gym...
I tried a few things, but I am clueless as to what causes it (I think it's something about entering a building from a custom map). I recommend using cntrl+right click to just select the whole map and paste it onto a new map, then insert that map somewhere else. That worked out pretty well for me.

EDIT: Darn it all, someone else answered while I was typing. Ah well. It's basically the same solution, only his is simpler.

To my would-be helpers...
Thanks for the enthusiastic file-sharing recommendations, but for now, does either of you know why my maps keep getting compressed to the left like that? For anyone else who sees this post, basically I'm trying to insert a world map, but it just turns into two long lines of crud on unLZ. Also, if anyone could shoot me a link to a world-map tutorial other than haefele's, that would be great. There used to be several, I think, but for some reason they're gone now...
Old August 21st, 2009 (07:16 PM). Edited August 21st, 2009 by Cello.
Cello
Tonight!

Grr, I'm having another inserting tiles problem.
I've followed every step properly for inserting tiles, and I've inserted tiles before with no problem.

When I load the .dib file with my new tiles in the A-Map tile editor, and set it to it's palette (any palette even), for some odd reason my tiles are messed.
Attachment at the bottom.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

-.-
Attached Images
File Type: png ffffffff.PNG‎ (306.0 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 21st, 2009 (07:33 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
Grr, I'm having another inserting tiles problem.
I've followed every step properly for inserting tiles, and I've inserted tiles before with no problem.

When I load the .dib file with my new tiles in the A-Map tile editor, and set it to it's palette (any palette even), for some odd reason my tiles are messed.
Attachment at the bottom.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

-.-
the tiles you inserted the collars did not match the platlets go to platelet editor and fix the collars write changes to rom then re-load the tile set
Old August 21st, 2009 (07:49 PM).
Cello
Tonight!

Quote:
the tiles you inserted the collars did not match the platlets go to platelet editor and fix the collars write changes to rom then re-load the tile set
Oh, thank you. It was a little off what you suggested but you helped point me in the right direction. In photoshop it said I had 16 colors exactly, but when I reloaded it and checked a second time there was apparently 18 colors.

I loaded the tile set perfectly now though.

Thanks again! :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links