Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
SuperFlanker
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I've been searching all over google, but I've yet to find a good tutorial on how to use Pokeds/pic or PokeDSpic.

I don't understand how it works, really. Would anyone be willing to explain or link an explanation of this tool.

Thanks in advance!
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
I guess they're not compressed in the GB/C games. Anyway, load your favorite tile editor and take a look.
Like Cyclone, NTME or PTC?
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_queen3 View Post
Like Cyclone, NTME or PTC?
None of those. TPL, or TileMolester for example.
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Quote:
None of those. TPL, or TileMolester for example.
Oh, ok. *goes to find/download*
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

sky_queen3, the images are compressed, and you won’t find them in a plain tile editor. Compressed images in GSC can be inserted with AGIXP, but no tool exists to compress using the RBY compression format.
iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:32 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Ok, thank you for helping.
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:35 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
sky_queen3, the images are compressed, and you won’t find them in a plain tile editor. Compressed images in GSC can be inserted with AGIXP, but no tool exists to compress using the RBY compression format.
Wait, not all images are compressed though, are they? Out of curiosity, what type of compression AGIXP handle?
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Blaziquaza

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Ok I'm sorry its late and I still dont get your problem...

What are you trying to do and what is happening instead?
You see,I tryed inserting the Legendary Birds OWs to Emerald,over the Regis OWs.(Not the doll ones.)I repointed the OWs,but it still doesn't work.

Now,another prob:

Does anybody have a Emerald animation sprite for Dialga,in palette 20?It needs to be fully completed and done with the Pl. sprite?You see,I thought I might as well insert Primal Dialga(Might be catchable),but I keep messing up the animation sprite.And,can anybody tell me if it's advisable to use ? or not?(The placeholder for Unown,and the R/S beta Pokedex unseen sprite)Because I want Primal Dialga to be catchable.
Now,here's what I've made so far: palette,Box data(I think.),and,currently making moveset.
Everything you say to me pushes one step closer to the edge

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
MiniEggs
Working On Something Spritey.

Nature: Lonely
Hello, I think this is the right place.

I am making a hack of FR and I want to change who you play as and who the proffessor + rival look like (sprites and the things at the start etc). Is there a tool to do this?

If so can anybody tell me it or how.

THanks in advance.

Lady Gaga <3

My Supports
Spoiler:

Old August 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM
spidermight340
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
can someone please tell me how to clear trainer flags in PKSV so i can rebattle trainers
Check out My Custom Pokemon Maps at : spidermight.webs.com/
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Sorry, I don't use PKSV.
You'll have to look it up in there database... oh wait, PKSV doesn't have one. AHAHAHAH
lol, you see what I did there, I belittled PKSV.
its the same thing in pksv and there is its theres a pencil looking buttone that shows a list of commands and dont belittle pksv In my opinion its better than xse but less ppl use it (to manny people are scared of change) so when ever I send a script I made for someone or fix someones script I use xse I know how to use it and its important to know both + pksv has so manny nice features like movement helper and script searcher
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
spidermight340
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
its the same thing in pksv and there is its theres a pencil looking buttone that shows a list of commands and dont belittle pksv In my opinion its better than xse but less ppl use it (to manny people are scared of change) so when ever I send a script I made for someone or fix someones script I use xse I know how to use it and its important to know both + pksv has so manny nice features like movement helper and script searcher
thanx for the info but i cant find any pencil looking button, what version of pksv are you using ?
mine is 1.92
Check out My Custom Pokemon Maps at : spidermight.webs.com/
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
thrilljack1
Beginning Trainer

What mod would I use to edit a pokemon's name?
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:14 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
its hard to miss look I took a screen shot
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sanyco-007
Beginning Hacker

Send a message via ICQ to Sanyco-007
How to change Trainer's battle sprites in Ruby?
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:57 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Wait, not all images are compressed though, are they? Out of curiosity, what type of compression AGIXP handle?
Compressed images in GSC include Pokémon battle images, trainer battle images, tilesets, and (I believe) the images used in attack animations. The compression is a variant of LZ.
iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

I am using XSE and Advanced Map. I have a script for a trainer battle in the offset of 800875. How would I remove that script to free the offset?

The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

Team Silvery Sparks:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Pokeyomom
Hoenn no you didn't...

Nature: Brave
Okay I got another bunk advance map editor program. Anybody know where to find a good reliable one? Muchos gracias mujeres y hombres!
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:40 PM
AerialMan
Beginning Trainer

I got a few problems with Advance Map that just won't go away:

1) In Viridian Forest, whenever I get into a battle, after it's over another "me" appears somewhere on the screen, and the first me is stuck in the middle of the screen. I can control the second "me", but I can only walk on 5-6 tiles.

The walkable tiles with tree tops on them causes a grass line to cover the player.

2) The save file always says it's corrupt, but it's not actually corrupt.
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
e4darthteej
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
How can I attach maps to a post? I've been mapping for someone, and even though they're finished, I can't send them.
90% of non trainers compulsively avoid using high OUs because they're "unorginal", if you're one of the 10% who are willing to use Pokemon because they're good, put this in your sig.

Old August 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Shawk
Smexy

Nature: Naughty
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but I just got VBA and an emerald rom from romhustler. So I tried to start it up with the VBA and it won't start. Is it just the rom or do I have to do something to start it up?

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work, but now it says the internal battery has run dry. Clock based events will not work or something like that. Help?
FC: 4168 1872 2246

Last edited by Shawk; August 28th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk View Post
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but I just got VBA and an emerald rom from romhustler. So I tried to start it up with the VBA and it won't start. Is it just the rom or do I have to do something to start it up?

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work, but now it says the internal battery has run dry. Clock based events will not work or something like that. Help?
You need to 1st go to:
Options > Emulator > Save Type > and click "Flash 128K"

THEN, go to:
Options > Emulator, and make sure that "Real time clock" has a check mark next to it, then restart VBA. (Just close it and re-open it....)
After that, your emerald version should work perfect.
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

You know, now that I wonder...
Does the message at the beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen, you know, "The M1 Sub Board is not installed", what impact does that have on the game and does it affect how one hacks at all?

The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
You know, now that I wonder...
Does the message at the beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen, you know, "The M1 Sub Board is not installed", what impact does that have on the game and does it affect how one hacks at all?
It means you can't save normally and you have to use savestates. Also after the Elite 4, it means you can't progress and have to start again.
Pokémon Stardrop
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
TehBazzard
Main creator of FireRed+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
It means you can't save normally and you have to use savestates. Also after the Elite 4, it means you can't progress and have to start again.
So you wouldn't be able to visit the remaining Sevii Islands? Or do any after-end game stuff?
Yeah, then I guess I would like to know how to fix it.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here