Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor

Advertise here
I know that but how do I save it to a pal or a file ape can load
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyco-007 View Post
How to change Trainer's battlesprite in Ruby?
You need to find it in a tile editing program like TLP or TileMolestor and edit it from there. There are some tutorials available here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
I know that but how do I save it to a pal or a file ape can load
Click Save OBJ and save it as a Paintshop Palette file.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Pokeyomom
Hoenn no you didn't...

Nature: Brave
I'm retarded. Lol
But seeing as how you guys can't help me with that, how do I open AdvMap Editor? Do I need Winzip to Unzip it? Can I get Winzip for somewhere for free? Thanks! All the tutorials I find are always fragmented, and never take into account the level of inexperience the person watching might be at.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeyomom View Post
I'm retarded. Lol
But seeing as how you guys can't help me with that, how do I open AdvMap Editor? Do I need Winzip to Unzip it? Can I get Winzip for somewhere for free? Thanks! All the tutorials I find are always fragmented, and never take into account the level of inexperience the person watching might be at.
@__@
You can use WinZip or WinRAR (as well as other programs). Windows XP and later can open .zip files without having to use another program. You just need to extract all the files in the .zip file to a new folder.

I don't think tutorials should have to take into account people as inexperienced as you. That would make tutorials several pages long.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Pokeyomom
Hoenn no you didn't...

I'm not insulting anybody's tutorials (especially since many on here are awesome!), but it stands to reason that anything should be taught in a strict linear step by step fashion. If it takes a few extra paragraphs, then so be it. A beginners tutorial is a beginners tutorial. It should assume nothing. (And your tid-bit only took a few sentences... Fancy that). Thanks anyways though---
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
I'm not insulting anybody's tutorials (especially since many on here are awesome!), but it stands to reason that anything should be taught in a strict linear step by step fashion. If it takes a few extra paragraphs, then so be it. A beginners tutorial is a beginners tutorial. It should assume nothing. (And your tid-bit only took a few sentences... Fancy that). Thanks anyways though---
Well Imagine someone is going to teach you how to get somewhere by car.
Does that person need to teach you to drive?
Pokemon Game Editor Download!
Pokemon TCG Assistant!
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Ok, I got the trainer image from FireRed saved and edited into Ruby but when I view it on the game the colors are off and very different then what it shows on the image. How do I fix this?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Pokeyomom
Hoenn no you didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Well Imagine someone is going to teach you how to get somewhere by car.
Does that person need to teach you to drive?

Absolutley. Think about it logically. If someone was like "i'm going to teach you how how to get somewhere by car", without knowing anything about the person, it would be presumptious to assume I even knew how to drive a car- or maybe even what a car was for that matter.

It's tantamount to someone being all "i'm gonna teach you how to stall a Cessna in midflight, but I assume you already know how to take off". :s. Ironically all I needed was something that simple explained to me. The actual tutorials make ROM hacking retard proof simple biscuits. (Well maybe not scripting...)

Thanks for the answer Thrace. Most people get all offended and just think someone is lazy when asking simple questions such as that. Hopefully you'd be willng to answer more if any arise. Peace!
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Absolutley. Think about it logically. If someone was like "i'm going to teach you how how to get somewhere by car", without knowing anything about the person, it would be presumptious to assume I even knew how to drive a car- or maybe even what a car was for that matter.

It's tantamount to someone being all "i'm gonna teach you how to stall a Cessna in midflight, but I assume you already know how to take off". :s. Ironically all I needed was something that simple explained to me. The actual tutorials make ROM hacking retard proof simple biscuits. (Well maybe not scripting...)

Thanks for the answer Thrace. Most people get all offended and just think someone is lazy when asking simple questions such as that. Hopefully you'd be willng to answer more if any arise. Peace!

Point it that person more then likely can't just give you what you need to drive.

Hey does anyone know if emerald has the door animations the same as ruby? (HA NOT SPAM! )
Pokemon TCG Assistant!
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:38 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Point it that person more then likely can't just give you what you need to drive.

Hey does anyone know if emerald has the door animations the same as ruby? (HA NOT SPAM! )
You could always just try looking through Tile Molester and find out...
(That and the OAM Viewer in VBA helps...)
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
徐死
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
hey. I need a little help on sprites. In my hack, person will come up to you and talk to you. When he is finished talking, he will stay there. When the player leaves the town and comes back, he is back in his original position. How do you make it so he stays where he is permanently?

Quote:
No idea I'm afraid. I don't think it'd be easy (finding out how to do it anyway). If you're really desperate you could replace that track with blank music.
That would work. Do you know which program I would use to do that?

Last edited by 徐死; September 4th, 2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Ok, I got the trainer image from FireRed saved and edited into Ruby but when I view it on the game the colors are off and very different then what it shows on the image. How do I fix this?
You must have forgotten to import the palette with the sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徐死 View Post
hey. I need a little help on sprites. In my hack, person will come up to you and talk to you. When he is finished talking, he will stay there. When the player leaves the town and comes back, he is back in his original position. How do you make it so he stays where he is permanently?

That would work. Do you know which program I would use to do that?
You can do this with either a level script (the most elegant solution but probably the harder of the two) or you can simply have two people and hide the first and show the second person when the first script is run.

You can use Sappy, unfortunately I've never used Sappy so I can't give anymore information on how you would do it.
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

I was working with A-Text and somehow my rom got this bug.
(sorry i cant post urls yet...
h ttp://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/Drakuaza/ThmonSpecial_02.png

it doesnt affect at all the gameplay but it bothers me. does anyone know how to fix this?
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Tochukaso
Grass + Bug

is there any way to edit a pokemons name in DP? because i am trying to insert new evolutions by overwriting existing pokemon.

i'm also having trouble running thenewpoketext, because all it does is make a folder with nothing in it.

any suggestions?
Old September 5th, 2009, 06:33 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakuaza View Post
I was working with A-Text and somehow my rom got this bug.
(sorry i cant post urls yet...
h ttp://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/Drakuaza/ThmonSpecial_02.png

it doesnt affect at all the gameplay but it bothers me. does anyone know how to fix this?
A-Text screws your ROM if you exceed the limit of a speech you are editing.
Example, you erase all the person's speech, giving you a hundred characters to use. If you exceed, then it repoints to an already used offset that the ROM uses, which results to your bug.

I suggest you do scripting rather than text editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徐死 View Post
Level scripts.
Old September 5th, 2009, 06:40 AM
GoldGizz

Hi guys im completly new to hacking pokemon games, i wanna make one for my friend, but i can't find where to start, can somone tell me like what should I learn to do first, in order to start hacking?

I posted this in another thread and it was the wrong one lol.

also, if anyone saw the iconmon hack video where the guy edits the graphic of the attack, how do you do that?
Old September 5th, 2009, 06:54 AM
School days again...

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGizz View Post
Hi guys im completly new to hacking pokemon games, i wanna make one for my friend, but i can't find where to start, can somone tell me like what should I learn to do first, in order to start hacking?

I posted this in another thread and it was the wrong one lol.

also, if anyone saw the iconmon hack video where the guy edits the graphic of the attack, how do you do that?
Look for tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials Section.

My question:
Does someone know where to find Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Maps including the routes and other locations like caves?
Hacks I Support:
Pokemon Ametrino

--------------------------
My Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=201787
Post your suggestions on my thread.
Contains DPP and HGSS Tiles and Overworlds!

874521 Pair up with Napalm
Old September 5th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Bulbapedia is a Hacker's best friend!
Old September 5th, 2009, 07:18 AM
School days again...

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Bulbapedia is a Hacker's best friend!
But this only has Diamond and Pearl Maps, I open that website, too awhile ago before I ask. Anyway thanks for it. I'm gonna needing it for my tile making. I'll give credit to those who give me Platinum maps on my thread.
Hacks I Support:
Pokemon Ametrino

--------------------------
My Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=201787
Post your suggestions on my thread.
Contains DPP and HGSS Tiles and Overworlds!

874521 Pair up with Napalm
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:09 AM
ΡλЯλđΘЖ
Insane

Nature: Quiet
I'm confuzzled about offsets.
If someone gives me the offset "0x0805F4B0" what would I type in my hex editor's "Jump To" function?

I carry a big gun...

Old September 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic-X View Post
If someone gives me the offset "0x0805F4B0" what would I type in my hex editor's "Jump To" function?
0805F4B0 I believe.
Depends on your hex editor
Pokemon TCG Assistant!
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
ΡλЯλđΘЖ
Insane

I already tried that, it didn't work. >.<

I carry a big gun...

Old September 5th, 2009, 09:56 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic-X View Post
'0x05F4B0' should be sufficient.

Brother of Vrai
Old September 5th, 2009, 10:17 AM
ΡλЯλđΘЖ
Insane

Yay! It worked! Thanx. ^.^

I carry a big gun...

Old September 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
If I were to rearrange a Trainer Card's image, to, for example, have the ID section at the bottom, how would I go about moving the actual text saying: IDNo.000000?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here