The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #11526    
Old September 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
jarcon
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
I've encountered a very odd glitch. After a battle, occasionally, the controls will be transferred to a different person on the map. Like, after you finish a battle, when you move around with the arrow keys, the player doesn't move, a different person moves.... wtf?

It only happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 battles, and only after a battle. But still... Does anyone know why its doing this and what I could do to fix it?
  #11527    
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
GoldGizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Also, how to make 2 reigons in 1 game, and is it possible to put in different pokemon without replacing pokemon in the game...

Oh yeah before i forget is there a way to put in d/p/pt moves in the hacked game?
  #11528    
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:18 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGizz View Post
Also, how to make 2 reigons in 1 game, and is it possible to put in different pokemon without replacing pokemon in the game...

Oh yeah before i forget is there a way to put in d/p/pt moves in the hacked game?
1. Well, FR/LG contains 4 different worldmaps so you can use the Kanto map for one region and any of the others for the other (or any combination that your prefer).
2. Yes. There are a lot of good tutorials the can guide you towards adding new Pokémon. Though keep in mind that, at the moment, you can add a maximum of only 25 new pokémon before you will need to overwrite existing pokémon.
3. Probably. I haven't looked into attack editing but I'll bet it's possible somehow.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #11529    
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
GoldGizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
1. Well, FR/LG contains 4 different worldmaps so you can use the Kanto map for one region and any of the others for the other (or any combination that your prefer).
2. Yes. There are a lot of good tutorials the can guide you towards adding new Pokémon. Though keep in mind that, at the moment, you can add a maximum of only 25 new pokémon before you will need to overwrite existing pokémon.
3. Probably. I haven't looked into attack editing but I'll bet it's possible somehow.
thanks dud

also there is a video of some guy editing attacks i wonder people can do that with d/p moves :o
  #11530    
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Tochukaso's Avatar
Tochukaso
Grass + Bug
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: Male
can anyone answer my question about creating new pokemon in DP? (prev page)
__________________
  #11531    
Old September 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Doushite's Avatar
Doushite
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Does anyone know the backsprite number for Emerald's heroine?
  #11532    
Old September 6th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Miror B.'s Avatar
Miror B.
"Music!"
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Reno, Nevada
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
What is the palette offset for the world map in Pokemon Sapphire? o.0

Thanks in advance.
__________________
~Miror B.'s Claims~
Groovy Dancin' Ludicolos!
  #11533    
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Matteron (96)'s Avatar
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 17
ok well i got a couple Q's first is is it possible to change multichoise boxes with a-text or do u need to use hex editing
next does anyone now any tutorials on how to change door/grassw animations?
third for flags can u input any # for a flag or do u have to use the flags already in game.
__________________
Matteron(96)
Currently Playing--->
Progress: Post-Game
Current Team:


In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
  #11534    
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:08 PM
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
you can use any flags but I would use the un used ones start at 0x200 or 0x1000
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
  #11535    
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
ok well i got a couple Q's first is is it possible to change multichoise boxes with a-text or do u need to use hex editing
next does anyone now any tutorials on how to change door/grassw animations?
third for flags can u input any # for a flag or do u have to use the flags already in game.
1: You CAN change it with A-Text, but you are far better off using a Hex Editor, as it is easier to fin out EXACTLY which one is the box you want to edit. (You can even add more if you use a Hex Editor, there is a Tutorial in the Documents/Tutorials section...)

2: There was an old tutorial on how to do this made by thethethethe a long time ago, unfortunately, it isn't easy to come by on this site as of late...
I'll attach it to this post at the bottom, if a Mod feels this is unnecessary and would like to provide a link, please do so.

3: As for flags, you can't input just any number...
LUCKILY, there are over 10000 blank flags, not even used by the game.
So long as you know hex, it is fine. 0x1000 - 0x3FFF are free... in other words:
4096 - 16383 are free flags.
That is 12287 free flags to use, no worries on running out!


Now for that tutorial I promised!
(It is in .doc format, so you need Microsoft Word to open, or some other .doc opening program... (You can get Microsoft word for free with Open Office, from Microsoft's website.))
(This tutorial might only explain how to edit the grass, but you can apply the exact same thing to messing with the door animation.)

Grass animation.doc
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #11536    
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM
RockmanEXE's Avatar
RockmanEXE
Unova?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Alright, I searched and have not found an answer to MY question.

I'm currently hacking Fire Red and I need to know how to edit this sprite:


I've checked over OW Editor and unLZ.gba

You think it might be in Tile Molester?
__________________
[Pokemon Black Team]
  #11537    
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanEXE View Post
Alright, I searched and have not found an answer to MY question.

I'm currently hacking Fire Red and I need to know how to edit this sprite:


I've checked over OW Editor and unLZ.gba

You think it might be in Tile Molester?
Yes, you need to find it in tile molester...
The grass hacking tutorial posted above also will help you find THAT...
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #11538    
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
RockmanEXE's Avatar
RockmanEXE
Unova?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Yes, you need to find it in tile molester...
The grass hacking tutorial posted above also will help you find THAT...
Ah. Thank you very much.
You're a great help.
__________________
[Pokemon Black Team]
  #11539    
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:30 AM
kaizen's Avatar
kaizen
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Is there a evolution editor for pokemon platinum?
  #11540    
Old September 7th, 2009, 05:19 AM
RockmanEXE's Avatar
RockmanEXE
Unova?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Alright, I found the flying sprites for Fire Red, there's only one problem.

The sprites are all jumbled together and I can hardly edit anything.
__________________
[Pokemon Black Team]
  #11541    
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Doushite's Avatar
Doushite
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T
Attached Images
File Type: png badsprite.png‎ (5.2 KB, 11 views)
  #11542    
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Cello's Avatar
Cello
Tonight!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: get the mascot involved
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dou♥♥♥♥e View Post
Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T
That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

  • Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
  • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
  • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
  • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.
__________________
Yeah Football Fan!
  #11543    
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:55 AM
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
try re inserting it with unzl gba with a different platelet
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
  #11544    
Old September 7th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Doushite's Avatar
Doushite
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

  • Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
  • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
  • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
  • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.
Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!
  #11545    
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Rambolius's Avatar
Rambolius
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol
  #11546    
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambolius View Post
Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol
Go to the Header tab on Advanced Map. Change the 'Name:' dropdown list to SEVII ISLAND 6, 7 or 8. Click 'Change Name'. Then, enter your new name in the input box. Click 'Change Name' once again. Save and exit A-Map. Re-open it and your name should be fixed. If not, I always find pressing 'Change Dimensions' helpful.

And one of my major pet-peeves is when people say 'lol', 'XD' or any other 'laugh' emoticons unnecasarily. What's so funny about being stuck? lol
__________________
  #11547    
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Cello's Avatar
Cello
Tonight!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: get the mascot involved
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dou♥♥♥♥e View Post
Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!
Not a problem.
Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.
__________________
Yeah Football Fan!
  #11548    
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
frogmyster3
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.
  #11549    
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Doushite's Avatar
Doushite
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
Not a problem.
Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.
Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T
  #11550    
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Cello's Avatar
Cello
Tonight!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: get the mascot involved
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dou♥♥♥♥e View Post
Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T
Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though.
That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.
__________________
Yeah Football Fan!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.