Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2009 (12:47 PM).
Doushite
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Cello:
Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though.
That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.
I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.
Old September 7th, 2009 (02:47 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by frogmyster3:
I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.
I don't know it but decompile the scripts where people say different things to you after you become champion and you will find the desired flag.
Old September 7th, 2009 (03:56 PM).
Doushite
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Doumuke:
I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.
Nevermind, I fixed it! I started from a clean rom again, and DIDNT do anything with the palettes. I just skipped to Tile Molester and ripped the backsprite straight from the bad rom and it worked. It looks perfect!

Thank you for your help, Cello!! I can't wait to try your hack~! Good luck!! :D
Old September 7th, 2009 (05:18 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
is there a way/how do I add overworld slots and frames
Old September 7th, 2009 (06:30 PM).
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by narutoactor:
is there a way/how do I add overworld slots and frames
Unfortunately there is know known way to add frames or slots. You can only overwrite them.
You can resize them if you want a huge legendary or d/p/pt sized sprites though. This requires a hex editor.
Old September 7th, 2009 (06:59 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote originally posted by Cello:
Unfortunately there is know known way to add frames or slots. You can only overwrite them.
You can resize them if you want a huge legendary or d/p/pt sized sprites though. This requires a hex editor.
for re sizing sprites theres a program also so theres deff no way of ading more slots i thought it would be a simple repointing to free space
Old September 8th, 2009 (07:03 AM).
STM
My DS doesn't read DS games...

Are there any tools that let you hack text and hack trainers (not just gym/e4/red) in Gold (or Crystal)?
Old September 8th, 2009 (10:57 AM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by STM:
Are there any tools that let you hack text and hack trainers (not just gym/e4/red) in Gold (or Crystal)?
Yeah, a hex editor with a table file will do.
Old September 8th, 2009 (12:12 PM).
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote originally posted by STM:
Take a look at this document.
http://snagem.weebly.com/master-guide-to-hacking-pokemon-games-red-crystal.html
It may help...
Accept no imitations!
Old September 8th, 2009 (12:35 PM).
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

Just wondering, how do items work, do they have scripts or do they use asm???
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old September 8th, 2009 (03:02 PM).
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

How to edit text in GSC
How to edit trainers in GSC

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old September 8th, 2009 (05:26 PM).
Sleepwalker
Some Kind Of Monster

Nature: Adamant
I've been changing tiles in Emerald lately, and a question occured to me.

Do you have to change the water animations? Like if I replace Emerald's ocean water with FireRed's ocean water, would it do the animation of Emerald's water still?
Old September 8th, 2009 (11:25 PM).
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote originally posted by Matteron (96):
Just wondering, how do items work, do they have scripts or do they use asm???
No scripts at all. They use ASM.
Old September 9th, 2009 (01:24 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2013 by Bozster.
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

I haz a problem!
I just got a new laptop, with Vista Business. I moved my roms and modding programs onto it with a memory stick. However, when I load up the rom, I always get this message:
Attachment 49753
Then, when I try to save again, this happens:
Attachment 49754
Of course, due to the fact that it's an emulator, not the actual cartridge, there is no backup memory and the message goes on forever!
Does anyone with Vista have a solution to the problem? Please?
Old September 9th, 2009 (01:50 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by narutoactor:
for re sizing sprites theres a program also so theres deff no way of ading more slots i thought it would be a simple repointing to free space
I saw the post before this and went WHAT?!
YEAH YOU CAN!
You defiantly can add more OW's... but only in R/S/E if I am remembering correctly... unfortunately, you can't do that with FR / LG, BUT! If I remember correctly AGAIN, I think HackMew was working on a way to change that...
If I remember correctly of course.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old September 9th, 2009 (02:45 AM).
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote originally posted by Bozster:
I haz a problem!
I just got a new laptop, with Vista Business:disappoin. I moved my roms and modding programs onto it with a memory stick. However, when I load up the rom, I always get this message:
Attachment 49753
Then, when I try to save again, this happens:
Attachment 49754
Of course, due to the fact that it's an emulator, not the actual cartridge, there is no backup memory and the message goes on forever!
Does anyone with Vista have a solution to the problem? Please?:(:(
I honestly doubt it's Vista's fault... How did you set your emulator? Could you post your savegame too?
Old September 9th, 2009 (03:52 AM).
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

Quote originally posted by HackMew:
I honestly doubt it's Vista's fault... How did you set your emulator? Could you post your savegame too?
I didn't "set" anything. I just moved my roms and programs from my XP-based home PC(where the saves work) to my Vista laptop(where they don't). Everything(except the roms) is the same as when I downloaded them. I have tried on other XPs without problem, too. As for the .sav, I deleted it because I thought it was problematic.
Old September 9th, 2009 (07:26 AM).
Cryomancer
blocks your path.

Send a message via ICQ to Cryomancer Send a message via AIM to Cryomancer
I am considering removing the cries from leaf green entirely, as they don't serve a purpose for what I am working on. My replacements will be taking a lot of art space, so I figure I can either expand the rom or delete the cries, or both.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this, if there is a simplistic way of doing it, and if this would cause any problems at all?

I am also curious if rom expansion is truly as simple in this case as just adding more blank space to the end. I hear the GBA limit is 32 megs, does anyone have experience trying that out too?
Old September 9th, 2009 (08:10 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

your correct in some aspects the limit as of now is 32mgs also just switch the crys with sounds
and expanding is a esay as a click of a button
Old September 9th, 2009 (11:49 AM). Edited September 9th, 2009 by HackinJohn.
HackinJohn
FireRed ROM Hacker

Hi, I have a question about Advanced Map. For some reason, whenever I try to insert a new map, it automatically becomes PALLET TOWN (XX.X), and I can't figure out why. Someone told me something about zones and addresses (?), but I don't really understand what they are. If someone could tell me/point me to the RIGHT way to insert new maps (preferably a step-by-step), it would be highly appreciated!

[Basically, I'm just asking how to change a new map's name without changing a whole bunch of map names.]

Thanks;
HJ.
Old September 9th, 2009 (12:17 PM).
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

Quote originally posted by HackinJohn:
Hi, I have a question about Advanced Map. For some reason, whenever I try to insert a new map, it automatically becomes PALLET TOWN (XX.X), and I can't figure out why. Someone told me something about zones and addresses (?), but I don't really understand what they are. If someone could tell me/point me to the RIGHT way to insert new maps (preferably a step-by-step), it would be highly appreciated!

[Basically, I'm just asking how to change a new map's name without changing a whole bunch of map names.]

Thanks;
HJ.
all you have to do is go into header, then where you c the drop down menu with all the towns/route names, just click on one you aren't going to use and then change it's name in the text box next to.
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old September 9th, 2009 (12:30 PM).
HackinJohn
FireRed ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by Matteron (96):

all you have to do is go into header, then where you c the drop down menu with all the towns/route names, just click on one you aren't going to use and then change it's name in the text box next to.
Thanks, but that wasn't really my question. Let me show you what's wrong:

Any ideas?
Old September 9th, 2009 (12:44 PM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote originally posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL:
I saw the post before this and went WHAT?!
YEAH YOU CAN!
You defiantly can add more OW's... but only in R/S/E if I am remembering correctly... unfortunately, you can't do that with FR / LG, BUT! If I remember correctly AGAIN, I think HackMew was working on a way to change that...
If I remember correctly of course.
HackMew has made it work. Ask him or LaZ about it.
Old September 9th, 2009 (01:19 PM).
jarcon
Beginning Trainer

From two pages and three days ago...
Quote:
I've encountered a very odd glitch. After a battle, occasionally, the controls will be transferred to a different person on the map. Like, after you finish a battle, when you move around with the arrow keys, the player doesn't move, a different person moves.... wtf?

It only happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 battles, and only after a battle. But still... Does anyone know why its doing this and what I could do to fix it?
Old September 9th, 2009 (01:33 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by jarcon:
From two pages and three days ago...
And if you've used the Search Button, you wouldn't have to wait for someone to reply then.

Anyways, change the direction of where the NPC(the one you control after the battle) is facing...

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links