Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2009 (09:25 AM).
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Ash's Gray has script where one of your pokemon is removed...
And I don't think there's ASM used.
I don't know exactly, but if you say no ASM is involved, then it must be the Pokémon Day Care special. Which is not the same, obviously.
Old October 26th, 2009 (11:21 AM).
Mister Flogers
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by HackMew:
I don't know exactly, but if you say no ASM is involved, then it must be the Pokémon Day Care special. Which is not the same, obviously.
Well isnt there a code that removed the 1st pokemon from your party?
Old October 26th, 2009 (01:48 PM). Edited October 26th, 2009 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Is there any way to change the battle music of a certain trainer? (And no, Advance-Trainer CAN NOT do that)

Also if that's impossible, is there any way to change the music of a trainer class?
Old October 26th, 2009 (04:30 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by AztecFire:
Is there any way to change the battle music of a certain trainer? (And no, Advance-Trainer CAN NOT do that)

Also if that's impossible, is there any way to change the music of a trainer class?
well, yeah, it's possible.
I think HackMew knows how to do that, though it requires an ASM touch to accomplish that. =3
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old October 26th, 2009 (05:47 PM).
Mister Flogers
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Okay so to extend upon my questions

1.Isn't there a code to remove the first pokemon in your party? if so what is it?
2.If there is a code, is there one to that moves any pokemon to the first slot?
3.How do i make it so a sprite appears after an event has happened, because I have this code set up:

Spoiler:
#org $script
checkflag 0x1203
if B_TRUE goto $QUESTS
removesprite 1
release
end

#org $QUESTS
showsprite 1
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x01 goto $quest3
checkflag 0x825
if 0x01 goto $quest2
checkflag 0x820
if 0x01 goto $quest1
checkflag 0x1204
if 0x00 goto $greet
message $thanks
$thanks 1 = \c\h01\h06Harold: Thank you again\nfor getting my shell back.
boxset 6
release
end

but what happens is the sprite is still in the place i put in in advanced map and if i talk to it, it disappears and if i dont talk to the npc and do the event before that sets the flag, the sprite doesnt show up after the event that. how do I set it up so the sprite is not there before the event and is there after.

Old October 27th, 2009 (12:04 AM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
Quote originally posted by ziglef:
Ok so this is what happens, i'm working on my own rom, and i got the starting map to work and i got the 2 map to work also, but now i changed some warps and stuff and when i go to the warp that goes from the first map to the second the games just stays black...

Anyone got an ideia how to fix this ?
Uh, even though this was aaaaaaaaaaages ago, there's been no proper answer and I have the same problem. Help, anyone?
I have added 03 as the unknown for the warp event and in Advance Map everyhting warps fine, just so you know. Finally, the map I'm warping to was one I had inserted. I guess it has something to do with the Map Footer, but I'm unsure.
H'okay, repostin' this lil' question. Answered much appreciated. ^.^
Old October 27th, 2009 (12:35 AM).
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
This? Oh.
That's because you resized the map (if you didn't then idk).
Just change the size back to their normal FR size and the map is active again!
If not, try fixing some of the movement permissions or OWs.
Old October 27th, 2009 (03:38 AM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
The map resized probably shared a map footer with other maps. So To fix the map footer, copy the original map footer data from a clean ROM into your ROM.
Old October 27th, 2009 (07:10 AM).
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

Does anyone know the link to a tutorial for Pokecry, because I can't make any sense of it?
Old October 27th, 2009 (12:22 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
what? I answered this question manny times.
hear is the easy fix go to the map that is giving you problems and click th insert button on advance map and insert the same map in the same spot. Advance map will give the map a new offset and this will fix the problem.

Example if you warp to map 3.1 and it gose black go to map 3.1 in advance map and insert 3.1.

uhh Dosent anyone Read Befor asking, no lie I ansered this question at least 5 times in this thread its getting old a mod should ask this to the fequently ask questions thread.
Old October 27th, 2009 (08:17 PM).
Larvitar170
Noobie hacker

This is an issue that deals with scripting. I am trying to figure out how to make it to where when the player loses, he goes to the pokemon center. I am using the patch that deleted all the events to try to fix my own game with my own scripting, but I can't figure out how to actually script it. Any ideas?

Old October 27th, 2009 (10:01 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Bozster:
Does anyone know the link to a tutorial for Pokecry, because I can't make any sense of it?
I am trying to do some research on it but I know little about ROM modifying, so...
To answer your question, there's no tutorial for it yet.
Though I am thinking of opening one, but I dunno... :\
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old October 27th, 2009 (11:59 PM).
B_Kennedy
Beginning Trainer

I have three questions:
1. Is it possible, by modifying the overworld sprite of the player, to have a pokemon follow you?

2. If the above is possible, can a script be made to change the sprite when the pokemon evolves?

3. Is it possible to make it so that a certain pokemon can not be removed from the active party?
Old October 28th, 2009 (12:15 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by B_Kennedy:
1. Is it possible, by modifying the overworld sprite of the player, to have a pokemon follow you?

2. If the above is possible, can a script be made to change the sprite when the pokemon evolves?

3. Is it possible to make it so that a certain pokemon can not be removed from the active party?
1. by modifying player's OW yes. If ya don't change it then just by ASM
2. ASM I guess but I'm not sure if this is possible
3. I don't think so.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 28th, 2009 (03:59 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote originally posted by Larvitar170:
This is an issue that deals with scripting. I am trying to figure out how to make it to where when the player loses, he goes to the pokemon center. I am using the patch that deleted all the events to try to fix my own game with my own scripting, but I can't figure out how to actually script it. Any ideas?
the rom is already programed if you loose to take you to the last gym you were at.
Old October 28th, 2009 (05:29 AM).
Larvitar170
Noobie hacker

Quote originally posted by NarutoActor:
the rom is already programed if you loose to take you to the last gym you were at.
I thought so too, but when I test it, it takes me back to my first town, top right corner, with messed up pallets.

Old October 28th, 2009 (08:33 AM).
Hash06
Beginning Trainer

Hi ive been hacking pokemon firered for about 3 months now but it has been nothing special but now id like to be able to make all or at least as many of the reagions that have been created in pokemon all in one game. Also i would like to be able put all of the new pokemon in the game so it is possible to catch every single pokemon in the game. If someone could help me with both of these problems id be very thankfull cheers.
Old October 28th, 2009 (10:03 AM).
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

F/R questions:

Is it possible to extend the time of the title screen so it wont loop back to the boot screen?
And how?

And, Is there a tutorial that explains how to change the animation of the intro video?
the one with gengar and nidorino fighting.
Old October 28th, 2009 (10:05 AM).
Larvitar170
Noobie hacker

Quote originally posted by Hash06:
Hi ive been hacking pokemon firered for about 3 months now but it has been nothing special but now id like to be able to make all or at least as many of the reagions that have been created in pokemon all in one game. Also i would like to be able put all of the new pokemon in the game so it is possible to catch every single pokemon in the game. If someone could help me with both of these problems id be very thankfull cheers.
Can't be done. From what I hear, in FR you can have two big regions and one small.

As for the pokemon, there are the ones from the first three gyms plus 25 more due to some strange circumstance.

Old October 28th, 2009 (10:05 AM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by Hash06:
Pretty much impossible. Sorry. You could probably fit in two regions and the already programmed-in 386 'mons, plus the 25 free spaces that I don't really enjoy using.

Sorry, buddy. D:

Edit: Damn, beaten. But yeah, you get the idea.

@ Drakuaza: Well, the latter is possible with ASM, IIRC. But I'm not sure how. To just change the sprites of Gengar and Nidorino, unLZ-GBA is handy. (:
By the way, MS rules. XD
Old October 28th, 2009 (10:52 AM).
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

Pretty much impossible. Sorry. You could probably fit in two regions and the already programmed-in 386 'mons, plus the 25 free spaces that I don't really enjoy using.

Sorry, buddy. D:

Edit: Damn, beaten. But yeah, you get the idea.

@ Drakuaza: Well, the latter is possible with ASM, IIRC. But I'm not sure how. To just change the sprites of Gengar and Nidorino, unLZ-GBA is handy. (:
By the way, MS rules. XD
Hmm. I see, well is there any ASM tutorial that could explain that? i couldnt find anything regarding that issue at the current guides

@maplestory thing, i quit it like 3 months or 4 ago.
Old October 28th, 2009 (11:27 AM).
Larsie13
Gone

Quote originally posted by Drakuaza:
F/R questions:

Is it possible to extend the time of the title screen so it wont loop back to the boot screen?
And how?

And, Is there a tutorial that explains how to change the animation of the intro video?
the one with gengar and nidorino fighting.
About the first question... As far as I know, the title screen is special in that the song played there has no loop point. In other words, when it's done, it's done. Nothing happens. Now, when the game is on the title screen, and notices that the song has finished playing, it automatically resets the game. Through some ASM hacking, it should be possible to extend the time, or, alternately, you could insert a longer song. Or of course a song that loops, so that the game doesn't reset at all.
Old October 28th, 2009 (11:30 AM).
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Hey,I'm trying to make a hack out of emerald,and I ALWAYS MAKE SURE SPRITES ARE 100% CUSTOM.Unfortunately,I haven't tried a hack before for 3rd gen,and have no idea how to change tilesets.I know a-map has a tool for it,but it doesn't accept my tilesets (as in they don't show up).How did you people with the custom tilesets import them?
Old October 28th, 2009 (11:47 AM).
Bayonetta
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Larsie13:
About the first question... As far as I know, the title screen is special in that the song played there has no loop point. In other words, when it's done, it's done. Nothing happens. Now, when the game is on the title screen, and notices that the song has finished playing, it automatically resets the game. Through some ASM hacking, it should be possible to extend the time, or, alternately, you could insert a longer song. Or of course a song that loops, so that the game doesn't reset at all.
I have a song that lasts 1:24. and it loops at 50 or so.So its not the song. its the timing, and the original title loops, add it to a map, it will loop.
Old October 28th, 2009 (11:52 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

did you walk to your mom. if you game allows you to get defeated without first taking to your mom that will happen.

Sponsored Links