The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #12451    
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Well I never tried adding overworld sprites but pokepal said(correct me if I am wrong) sprite numbers over 150 are used for specials and to add more sprites you need asm. Sorry man :/
Yep, I wish it wasn't so. But there are variables used to set the sprites for those special sprites. An example is an OW with the number of 240 will use the variable 0x4010 to determine it's sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Bandicoot View Post
I edit a sprite from unLZ-GBA when I press Insert it says " Error: Image is not indexed."
how do I fix this?

PS: I am using Photoshop if that helps.
In Photoshop goto image -> mode -> indexed colour and then make sure it's 16 colours.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12452    
Old November 27th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Four questions:

1. Is there any way to change the key of an existing song in the ROM?

2. How many tracks/channels can a GBA song have?

3. What is a good .midi song maker for Mac?

4. What is the procedure from converting an .midi file to a GBA song file, and then inserting it over an existing song?

Thanks for any answers.
  #12453    
Old November 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
@AztecFire:
3. What is a good .midi song maker for Mac?
Garageband
4. What is the procedure from converting an .midi file to a GBA song file, and then inserting it over an existing song?
There are SOOOO many tutorials on this, I recommend Magnius's
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #12454    
Old November 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
@AztecFire:
3. What is a good .midi song maker for Mac?
Garageband
4. What is the procedure from converting an .midi file to a GBA song file, and then inserting it over an existing song?
There are SOOOO many tutorials on this, I recommend Magnius's
Could you be specific on what version?

The Garageband I have on my Mac is really old (from 2004), and it can't make .midi's. Ever since the operating system was upgraded on it, I can't even use the program at all because it's extremely glitchy, and to upgrade it I would have to purchase iLife 09...

Is there a free .midi maker available for Mac?
  #12455    
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Nash Bandicoot's Avatar
Nash Bandicoot
Dingodile use Flamethrower!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
In Photoshop goto image -> mode -> indexed colour and then make sure it's 16 colours.
I see what you mean but it wont let me click on it. it has automatically put it on 8 bits and wont let me change it
__________________
'One man armed with the right word may do what an army of swordsmen cannot'- Robbin Hobb
  #12456    
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Bandicoot View Post
I see what you mean but it wont let me click on it. it has automatically put it on 8 bits and wont let me change it
Then use IrfanView.
There you can do it like this : Image - Decrease Color Depth - Choose the 16 colors.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #12457    
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Seviper36's Avatar
Seviper36
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Sinnoh
Gender: Male
Is there any way how to add new Pokemon to the generation II games?
  #12458    
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seviper36 View Post
Is there any way how to add new Pokemon to the generation II games?
Yes.
Contact Coolboyman.
He might help you.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #12459    
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalizard View Post
How do I change Deoxys Speed icon in Pokémon Emerald? I can change the icon of Normal Deoxys but the programs I have to change icons don't show Deoxys Speed icon...
If you're using APIE, there's a way to do it (although it is a bit complicated).
The Speed Forme icon is directly after the Normal Forme icon. An icon is a 32x64 4bpp image; therefore, the Speed Forme icon's offset is the Normal Forme offset + 1024 (0x400). You can repoint one of the empty slots' icons to that address. If you do that, changing that slot's icon will also change Deoxys' icon. You can then repoint it back if you need to use it.

Alternatively, use a tile editor; the offset is, again, the Normal Forme's icon + 0x400.
__________________
  #12460    
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Seviper36's Avatar
Seviper36
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Sinnoh
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yes.
Contact Coolboyman.
He might help you.

Thanks, and do you also know a good mapper? Since Goldmapper doesn't work on Crystal
  #12461    
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seviper36 View Post
Thanks, and do you also know a good mapper? Since Goldmapper doesn't work on Crystal
About this you can ask miksy91
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #12462    
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Quickster's Avatar
Quickster
Dream or Drop?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Yep, I wish it wasn't so. But there are variables used to set the sprites for those special sprites. An example is an OW with the number of 240 will use the variable 0x4010 to determine it's sprite.
So your saying that it is possible to have more ows,you just have to use variables? Could you explain this a litle more?
__________________
I laugh looking at this.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

  #12463    
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
So your saying that it is possible to have more ows,you just have to use variables? Could you explain this a litle more?
No, it's possible to use the Ows in Fire Red after 151 because you can set them by variables. Unless you got ASM involved, attempting to add new ones would just be pointless.
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #12464    
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
manrae
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
censor? I can't ask that question?
  #12465    
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
sab's Avatar
sab
Now too much of a life.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midgar
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
why are there two 2 flying points littleroot town?
__________________
anCay ouyay eakspay igpay atinlay? Ifay osay easeplay m.p.ay
emay enthay opycay anday astepay isthay inay ouryay ignaturesay.
  #12466    
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Nash Bandicoot's Avatar
Nash Bandicoot
Dingodile use Flamethrower!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab View Post
why are there two 2 flying points littleroot town?
I think it's because if you are a girl you go to the flying point on the left and if you are a boy you go to the flying point on the right.
__________________
'One man armed with the right word may do what an army of swordsmen cannot'- Robbin Hobb
  #12467    
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
sab's Avatar
sab
Now too much of a life.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midgar
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Bandicoot View Post
I think it's because if you are a girl you go to the flying point on the left and if you are a boy you go to the flying point on the right.
Ok. Thanks. I've never played as a girl so thanks for clearing that up.
__________________
anCay ouyay eakspay igpay atinlay? Ifay osay easeplay m.p.ay
emay enthay opycay anday astepay isthay inay ouryay ignaturesay.
  #12468    
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
lord_kratos's Avatar
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Is it possible to put gifs into it?Like in the last gym in ruby/sapphire at the end where the gym leader was there was water flowing.Is it possible to put in other gifs?And if it is possible how do i go about doing that?
__________________
"My name is Kratos Aurion.I am of cruxis,an organisation bent on the revival of the goddess martel...You people are unworthy to be in my pressence..Sacred powers,cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls,rest in peace sinners....JUDGEMENT!"
  #12469    
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Metalizard
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Gender:
Is there any way to create new abilities or at least change some of them in the gba roms?

Last edited by Metalizard; November 28th, 2009 at 03:55 PM.
  #12470    
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_kratos View Post
Is it possible to put gifs into it?Like in the last gym in ruby/sapphire at the end where the gym leader was there was water flowing.Is it possible to put in other gifs?And if it is possible how do i go about doing that?

By it, I'm guessing you mean the ROM. There is no way to insert .gifs into the ROM, as any image being inserted has to be .png. Although, most of the time, if not all, the first color in a 16 color palette is the transparent color, as with sprites, etc. To get more clarification, maybe give us a screen shot of the flowing where the gym leader is '

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalizard View Post
Is there any way to create new abilities or at least change some of them in the gba roms?
There is, through ASM, which is highly complex learning when you're a begginging hacker.
__________________
  #12471    
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM
lord_kratos's Avatar
lord_kratos
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitŻ View Post

By it, I'm guessing you mean the ROM. There is no way to insert .gifs into the ROM, as any image being inserted has to be .png. Although, most of the time, if not all, the first color in a 16 color palette is the transparent color, as with sprites, etc. To get more clarification, maybe give us a screen shot of the flowing where the gym leader is '


Lol sry,but yes,by "it" i was reffering to the rom.
I can't post a pic of it cuz i need more posts.lol
But if u have the time u can go to youtube and type in "pokemon emerald 8th gym"
__________________
"My name is Kratos Aurion.I am of cruxis,an organisation bent on the revival of the goddess martel...You people are unworthy to be in my pressence..Sacred powers,cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls,rest in peace sinners....JUDGEMENT!"
  #12472    
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Is there any way to make the thing in Fire Red with the flash backs go off? Like use the flashback look in Fire Red.
What I meant was to use that flashback thing in a hack. You know, like activate it and flashback-look some things.
__________________
Coming soon...
  #12473    
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Ulisses
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
how i edit the pokemon gym leaders and other trainners pokemon and their moves and levels for D/P/P? or just D/P?

and how i edit pokemon stats, moves power and types, and learnable moves, in heart gold?
  #12474    
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
What I meant was to use that flashback thing in a hack. You know, like activate it and flashback-look some things.
You need to clarify more of what you mean, i have no idea what you mean by flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulisses View Post
how i edit the pokemon gym leaders and other trainners pokemon and their moves and levels for D/P/P? or just D/P?

and how i edit pokemon stats, moves power and types, and learnable moves, in heart gold?
For D/P/Pt, there are some tools on Wah that you can use, just google them. I don't know about HGSS though..
__________________

Last edited by BlitŻ; November 28th, 2009 at 06:51 PM.
  #12475    
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Ulisses
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitŻ View Post
You need to clarify more of what you mean, i have no idea what you mean by flashback.



For D/P/Pt, there are some tools on Wah that you can use, just google them. I don't know about HGSS though..
i just found out some, but for HGSS there is just GYM leader editor... :C
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.