The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM
/Circa
a face in the clouds.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplup-Trainer View Post
I guess I misunderstood this sentence :

And you`ve also written pokemon crystal status, maybe I`ve connected them together xD

Many guys here say that GoldMap doesn`t work with Crystal.
Thats my hack, and the crystal is the actual game im playing hahaha.
Trial and error always helps, because i'm sure i've read it does work with Crystal o.o
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirnos Servant View Post
Trial and error always helps, because i'm sure i've read it does work with Crystal o.o
I press File --> Load Map
"Please select a map where ou want the file to be loaded."
...I didn`t used GoldMap anymore a long time ago. Could you help me?

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

I edited route 1 on my hack, but every time I get five steps into my new map, the game always resets! How do I fix this?
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
brokennarsil16
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Thank you Cirnos Servant for your help with my item script. It has worked far better than I have been able to do myself. But a new problem has arisen.

When I obtain the item (the jingle plays, the item is added, etc.), the ball reappears and I can activate it as many times as I want. Does this mean I need some sort of flag?

My script as current is

#org $item
lock
faceplayer
giveitem 13 1
#raw 53
#raw 5
#raw 00
release
end

If there are any flags needed, could you please rework this script to show where and what I need (that is, if this request isn't against the rules). Thank you again.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
I edited route 1 on my hack, but every time I get five steps into my new map, the game always resets! How do I fix this?
one of the sprites behavior is set to the wrong hidden.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun

Quote:
I like your enthusiasm, but you can not make a script like this. (I assume you are trying to make a Pikachu following kind of script)
Yes and no I don't really have an application for it yet but I thought I'd try it

Quote:
I've tried, and I made one, but it was impossible to manage, as you can't have a sprite follow you from map to map... You can not move while the "Pause" is going...
Please post a copy of the script you used because I know a way to make the sprite follow you from map to map.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
one of the sprites behavior is set to the wrong hidden.
what would be the proper behavior byte?
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirnos Servant View Post
That's not what I'm trying to do :/.

There should be no need to repoint a cry :/. All it is, is that there's probably a command somewhere in the script that tells it to play Lotad's cry, and I want to change it so that it plays Nidoran's cry.

Repointing the cry would be useless, because then every Lotad in-game would now have Nidoran's cry, which would be stupid :/.

This is what I said. Read more carefully:
Quote:
In Emerald, does anybody know how to change the cry of the Pokemon that Prof Birch sends out in the intro? Because IntroEd only changes the Pokemon, not the cry that plays.

The problem is, I changed it to a Nidoran (female). When he sends it out, it has Lotad's cry.
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM
novluis323
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novluis323
Yeah acutally i completely remade it you think the size change will affect it? Acutally i just tried and even when i use the tool to start on the maps already connected it just gives me a black screen but as soon as i remove the map connections it starts to work again does anyone have some kind of fix for this help would be appericated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Your map connections are screwed up. I would recommend repointing them.
K and how would i be able to do that do you mean change the offset or what can you explain your self a little more
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
what would be the proper behavior byte?
the last hiden command possible. I too used to have this problem and it annoyed me alot[thanks again pokpal17 ]
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
K and how would i be able to do that do you mean change the offset or what can you explain your self a little more
I mean change the offset, but tell me, in advance map, do you have "automatically search for offsets" ticked?
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
novluis323
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
I mean change the offset, but tell me, in advance map, do you have "automatically search for offsets" ticked?
yeah im kinda new at this so where would i be able to find this?
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by novluis323 View Post
yeah im kinda new at this so where would i be able to find this?
Open advance map and goto settings. Then make sure "automatically look for offsets" is unticked because when advance map searches for them itself, it sometimes overwrites important data.
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post

There should be no need to repoint a cry :/. All it is, is that there's probably a command somewhere in the script that tells it to play Lotad's cry, and I want to change it so that it plays Nidoran's cry.

Repointing the cry would be useless, because then every Lotad in-game would now have Nidoran's cry, which would be stupid :/.

To change any form of the intro, you need ASM, which stands for ASseMbly. But you're right, it is a script though, but it is much too complicated for, from what I'm guessing, a beginner hacker. Unless you what to go through the rigors of learning ASM, I suggest you either don't change it, or live with the lotad cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
URGENT HELP NEEDED

I m trying to post my hack for a while in progressing hack but not been able to do so

It goes upto that point where it says that u can post now a poll as u have posted ur hack but after i post the poll im not sure where my thread goes
It has happened thrice

Can anyone help?

Have you me the requirements for posting a thread in the progressing hacks section? Compare your thread with these rules. If it does still happen, I suggest you ask a moderator.
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Blaziquaza

Does anybody have Overworld Changer 4.0.1?Because I need it.

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Champion Victoria
Puella docta

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Champion Victoria Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champion Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to Champion Victoria
Is it fairly easy to replace May's sprites in Emerald (overworld, trainer card, and battle sprites) with that of Leaf's sprites in FR/LG? How would I go about doing this, and what tools would I need?

Thanks!
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Kaikai
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post

Repointing the cry? So THATS the reason why Munchlax and Porygon-Z in my Ruby hack has the same cry. :/
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
simonrule18
Iwant to create my own pokemon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to simonrule18 Send a message via Yahoo to simonrule18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashachu View Post
HOW THE HECK DO YOU TRADE VIA INTERNET?!?!?!?
Sorry for caps.
i want to play pokemon online but it's play slow i want to play faster

sorry for my english im from morocco
----------------------------------------------------
hi
can any one tell me how i can find "surf" in pokemon light platinum beta2

Last edited by simonrule18; December 13th, 2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Victoria View Post
Is it fairly easy to replace May's sprites in Emerald (overworld, trainer card, and battle sprites) with that of Leaf's sprites in FR/LG? How would I go about doing this, and what tools would I need?

Thanks!
It's all of a matter of exporting the image from the ROM into another one. There are tutorials to do it in the Documents and Tutorials section, but I suggest you do not use leaf green for your hacking, as there are more tools available that work for fire red.
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplup-Trainer
Does anyone know a (good working) map editor for Crystal?
Anybody knows a answer to my question?
I`ve tried GoldMap but after loading a testmap it said that the ROM has a wrong tileset.

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Shiny_Noctowl
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post
You make a green s tile wth a script containing (for XSE)

warp 0x(map bank in hex) 0x(map no in hex) 0(a-map warp no in hex or FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF)

warp 0xE 0x3 0xFF 0x2 0x2

warps you to map 3 of bank 14 2 spaces to the right and below the top left corner.
So how do I make it check to see if the player has a specific key item, and warp to one place if he/she does, and another otherwise?

Also, I made a simple test script to make sure I understood it correctly, but nothing happens when you step on the script tile. What's wrong with it?

'-----------------------
#org 0xEEEEEE
warp 0x0 0x9 0xFF 0x2 0x2

Last edited by Shiny_Noctowl; December 13th, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Kaikai
Togepi

Anyone know some Pokemon Gold tools that are good?

Like sprite editors, and trainer editors, and gym leaders/elite fours/champion red editors that dont get an error when saving
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Chicken Bones
Hacks 4 fun

Quote:
So how do I make it check to see if the player has a specific key item, and warp to one place if he/she does, and another otherwise?

Also, I made a simple test script to make sure I understood it correctly, but nothing happens when you step on the script tile. What's wrong with it?

'-----------------------
#org 0xEEEEEE
warp 0x0 0x9 0xFF 0x2 0x2
In a-map on your script tile change the first unknown to 0003 and the var number to 5001

to make a check do

checkitem 0x(item number in hex) 0x1
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Champion Victoria
Puella docta

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Champion Victoria Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champion Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to Champion Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitŻ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Victoria

Thanks!
It's all of a matter of exporting the image from the ROM into another one. There are tutorials to do it in the Documents and Tutorials section, but I suggest you do not use leaf green for your hacking, as there are more tools available that work for fire red.
Hey, thanks. I've found some threads and used unLZ-gba and the Overworld editor to change the May overworld sprites and the trainer front sprites. However, I can't seem to find anything that will help me change the backsprites.

I've found this here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182974 , and have been able to use Tile Molester to find the backsprites for May. But now I'm stuck.

I can copy and paste sprite sheets, but I don't know what to do after that. I paste the sheet, and it gives me some sort of selection mode. I can move around the newly pasted sheet, and see the original sprites underneath--I don't know how to make it just *stay* there and save on top of the sprites.

How do I get this to work after pasting the sprites on top?

Is there an easier way to do this? It looks like Leaf's backsprites are still in the game, right after Brendan and May--can I tell the game to use those instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I've gotten the backsprite working now, but I have some residual palette issues--there is a spot of green on the hat where a shadow should be, and the coloration in general seems odd. I've imported the palette in TM though, so I am not sure what else to do. The palette seems to be working perfectly fine inside TM.

EDIT: Got it. Figured out how to search with APE. Huzzah.

Last edited by Champion Victoria; December 13th, 2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Bones View Post
In a-map on your script tile change the first unknown to 0003 and the var number to 5001

to make a check do

checkitem 0x(item number in hex) 0x1
Not 5001, 4050....

I dunno why you think it's 5001...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links