The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #13276    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (01:49 PM).
~Hot n' Cold~'s Avatar
~Hot n' Cold~
is too good for a title.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive

I moved the warp tile 1 tile to the right like you suggested. However, when I go down the steps from upstairs, I come down from the left, and I can only go up from the left, not up the actual stairs.
__________________
  #13277    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (02:06 PM).
644Klaww's Avatar
644Klaww
LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LittleBigPlanet
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Okay, I signed up a long time ago just to get Shiny Gold, and I just started hacking a few weeks ago.

I have a question...

Why, when I insert a person event, does he appear down near the bottom left corner of the map? His script works properly, and I'm assuming I did something wrong in A-Map.

My settings are..

Spoiler:
Person Event
No: 0
[v] Mark active sprite

Person event no: 1
Picture no: 33
Unknown: 00 00
Pos (X/Y): 0010 000A
Unknown: 00
Movement Type: Walk Around
Moverment: 00
Unknown: 00
Trainer: []
Unknown: 00
View radius: 0000
Script offset: $29F734
Person ID: 0000
Unknown: 00 00


I tried searching, too.

Oh, while I'm at it, how exactly do I change text colour? I've tried, but it actually showed up in the text...

Thanks.
  #13278    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (03:37 PM). Edited January 26th, 2010 by trebornosliw.
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 644Klaww View Post
Okay, I signed up a long time ago just to get Shiny Gold, and I just started hacking a few weeks ago.

I have a question...

Why, when I insert a person event, does he appear down near the bottom left corner of the map? His script works properly, and I'm assuming I did something wrong in A-Map.

My settings are..

Spoiler:
Person Event
No: 0
[v] Mark active sprite

Person event no: 1
Picture no: 33
Unknown: 00 00
Pos (X/Y): 0010 000A
Unknown: 00
Movement Type: Walk Around
Moverment: 00
Unknown: 00
Trainer: []
Unknown: 00
View radius: 0000
Script offset: $29F734
Person ID: 0000
Unknown: 00 00


I tried searching, too.

Oh, while I'm at it, how exactly do I change text colour? I've tried, but it actually showed up in the text...

Thanks.
Well, for the color, I use textcolor right before the msgbox, like this:
textcolor 0x1
msgbox @hi 0x6

So, textcolor 0x0=red 0x1=blue, 0x2=black, and I'm pretty sure you can do others too. Inserting them straight into the script is supposed to work though, I've just never done it :s
For your person problem, try replacing your event with a new one (same script) and changing the person ID, I think.

My own question: Can someone link me to a good cry/music inserting tutorial? And what is the best tool to use for cry/music insertion? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Hot n' Cold~ View Post

I moved the warp tile 1 tile to the right like you suggested. However, when I go down the steps from upstairs, I come down from the left, and I can only go up from the left, not up the actual stairs.
Alright, so what you need to do is open up Block editor and look at your tiles. Figure out which floor tile has a behavior byte that makes it stair-warp on the left. I'm pretty sure that's what your problem is, I had something similar happen to me once.
EDIT: I just looked at this tileset in A-map and noticed that on the original burned mansion map there are no stairways ascending to the left, so the tile I mentioned might not exist...
__________________
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #13279    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (03:44 PM).
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Just bumping my question... Seems it was left behind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Ok, this isn't a generic problem. I'm having problems inserting music (MIDI) into Pokemon FireRed. Here are my steps (I followed Maginus's tutorial):
1. I have a MIDI file in a folder with the game to put it in, as well as a back-up of it and mdefplay.s in there.
2. I drag the MIDI to Mid2AGB and create a .s file of the MIDI.
3. I open up Sappy 10 (the new one won't work on Windows 7, and the same problem arises when doing it on Virtual XP) and choose the song to replace.
4. I click the assemble button and select my MIDI file (Global Terminal.s) and select a temporary voicegroup for it.
5. I click "Assemble" and wait for the "done!" message.
From here' it does any combo of the 3 things:
a) If I don't click X, but click play, It'll play the song I was trying to replace.
b) If I export, it'll export the song I was trying to replace.
c) If I close and reopen the rom, and select the song and try to play it, Sappy crashes.

What am I possibly doing wrong?
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
  #13280    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (04:13 PM).
Omega Zero's Avatar
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I'm always living aren't I?
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Your not doing anything wrong.. the instruments or voicegroup are probally wrong try redaing his part 2 which will make it work.. or read my tutorial.. the voicegroups are probally wrong thats probally why it ain't working
__________________
  #13281    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (04:14 PM).
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post


Alright, so what you need to do is open up Block editor and look at your tiles. Figure out which floor tile has a behavior byte that makes it stair-warp on the left. I'm pretty sure that's what your problem is, I had something similar happen to me once.
EDIT: I just looked at this tileset in A-map and noticed that on the original burned mansion map there are no stairways ascending to the left, so the tile I mentioned might not exist...
:/, don't listen to him, he's wrong xD (in a way)

If you look in a regular indoor tileset 1 at the stairs, you can see that they always have a specific kind of tile,in this case its a mat, but they are two different kinds of behavior bytes. For going downstairs it's going to be 6F, and going up is 6C, so to fix your problem, just make two new tiles via block editor and for the one you place on stairs going down give it 6F and for tiles you place for upstairs give it 6C.And you place the tile where you place the warp, good luck :D
__________________
  #13282    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (06:40 PM).
psychicboy's Avatar
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Twilight Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Alright. This has bugged me for a long time now. Every time I try to map this, my tilesets glitch up. Here is a picture.


Not only does this make my hack look bad, it frustrates the hell out of me. Any answer on why the tilsesets are glitching?
__________________
Soon to be Hacking legend...
~Psy







Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
  #13283    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (07:46 PM).
gray0x's Avatar
gray0x
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
I have a few questions:

1. In Ruby, is there any way to change the Poochyena fight at the beginning to a different pokemon? Same with Wally and the Zigzagoon and Ralts. I've already tried looking in the scripts and never saw anything related.

2. Is there any way to force the player to chose to be a Male during the intro in Ruby?

I've searched quite a bit for all of these, never found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  #13284    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (07:56 PM). Edited January 26th, 2010 by BlitŻ.
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray0x View Post
I have a few questions:

1. In Ruby, is there any way to change the Poochyena fight at the beginning to a different pokemon? Same with Wally and the Zigzagoon and Ralts. I've already tried looking in the scripts and never saw anything related.

2. Is there any way to force the player to chose to be a Male during the intro in Ruby?

I've searched quite a bit for all of these, never found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. That requires asm, but, and I'm not sure, you might be able to do it with hex editing, but those things are both out of reach for most hackers

2. this was stated on the last page, so go look there

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Alright. This has bugged me for a long time now. Every time I try to map this, my tilesets glitch up. Here is a picture.


Not only does this make my hack look bad, it frustrates the hell out of me. Any answer on why the tilsesets are glitching?
Your problem is that you primary tileset is tileset 0, or which is most commonly referred to as the outside tileset. Simply change your primary tileset to tileset 12 and everything will work.
__________________
  #13285    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (08:18 PM).
psychicboy's Avatar
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Twilight Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Yeah.. I figured that one out myself after a bit of tinkering

Next question. This is really annoying aswell. In my hack, everytime you try to withdraw or deposit a pokemon to the pc, it resets :O Any suggestions?
__________________
Soon to be Hacking legend...
~Psy







Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
  #13286    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (08:36 PM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Oops, sorry for my fudged answer, though that was basically what I meant 0_o
Anyway, can someone direct me to a good tut for inserting music/pokemon cries?
__________________
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #13287    
Old Posted January 26th, 2010 (11:47 PM).
nicknoord's Avatar
nicknoord
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master View Post
Well, wouldn't it make sense to use the offset that's on the other trees and use another, new ID? The ID is normally one more then the most recent ID used.

Or you can ake the script again, but it'd waste space, unless you want to make a change, or changes, to the script (i.e the text, or whatever). :D
It worked I just gave the tree the offset and id 1
So I can just start at 1 in every map and cut trees

thank you
  #13288    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (11:01 AM).
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Oops, sorry for my fudged answer, though that was basically what I meant 0_o
Anyway, can someone direct me to a good tut for inserting music/pokemon cries?
To make cries, use the program Pokecry, I believe it was called (I think it's included in Elitemap) and for music:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206265
tainui's music insertion thread. It has an old version of Sappy that works on newer computers.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
  #13289    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (11:39 AM). Edited January 27th, 2010 by Spherical Ice.
bryane's Avatar
bryane
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
someone help me someone did the wrong thing to UNLZ gba and it happened like that someone could say that is the number that
Attached Images
File Type: png POKEMO~1.png‎ (3.8 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #13290    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (11:50 AM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
To make cries, use the program Pokecry, I believe it was called (I think it's included in Elitemap) and for music:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206265
tainui's music insertion thread. It has an old version of Sappy that works on newer computers.
Thanks! This looks perfect.
And Pokecry you say? I'll check that out.
__________________
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #13291    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (12:53 PM).
Kaikai
Togepi
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
okay, if THIS message is deleted, ill repost it again.

how do you add pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor? and also how do you edit the moveset of pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor?

Answer, THIS time.
  #13292    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (01:04 PM).
HackMew's Avatar
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Next question. This is really annoying aswell. In my hack, everytime you try to withdraw or deposit a pokemon to the pc, it resets :O Any suggestions?
Yeah, take a working backup and start over.
__________________
  #13293    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (01:14 PM).
psychicboy's Avatar
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Twilight Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
Yeah, take a working backup and start over.
[censor]****[/censor] omg... That sucks. Theres absolutely no way of fixing it? Not even through ASM?
__________________
Soon to be Hacking legend...
~Psy







Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
  #13294    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (01:40 PM).
Kaikai
Togepi
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
okay, if THIS message is deleted, ill repost it again.

how do you add pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor? and also how do you edit the moveset of pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor?

Answer, THIS time.
  #13295    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (01:44 PM).
HackMew's Avatar
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
[censor]****[/censor] omg... That sucks. Theres absolutely no way of fixing it? Not even through ASM?
There is a way, eventually. It takes some time (and patience), but the results are always perfect. You need to know how to use a hex editor anyway. If you're interested, let me know.
__________________
  #13296    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (03:38 PM).
Muffin™'s Avatar
Muffin™
Knows your age
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: sucking balls
Age: 4
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Muffin™
Does anybody know the hexadecimal numbers for the RUNNING SHOES?
__________________
>>>/v/
  #13297    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (03:46 PM).
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
I just have one simple question to ask: What is the offset number for the Fire Red Logo on the front of the ROM? You know, for APE.
My question never got answered, just thought I should repost it.
__________________
Coming soon...
  #13298    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (04:34 PM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Erm, can someone post me a direct link to a Pokecry download? I couldn't find it on Google, and apparently it doesn't come with Elite Map after all
__________________
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #13299    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (05:20 PM).
sky_queen3's Avatar
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Erm, can someone post me a direct link to a Pokecry download? I couldn't find it on Google, and apparently it doesn't come with Elite Map after all
I can't remember where I found this, but it's version 2, it should work. (Don't worry about it being a zip, my virus scanner used to deleate older pokecry versions but not this one so I'm pretty sure it's safe. )
Attached Files
File Type: zip pokecry2.zip‎ (32.3 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
__________________
  #13300    
Old Posted January 27th, 2010 (05:21 PM).
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
My question never got answered, just thought I should repost it.
Grrrowl owl owl owl!! >_<

My efforts have ceased to be of use to the betterment of us all! xD

So, I say for all the people who don't know how to do things, to stop asked to be spooned fed in the way of hacking i hate my generation xD

Click here nao!!11!!
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.