The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:55 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
You've been here for over six months and your first post is asking for help. Before asking for people's help you got to get acquainted to the community. Otherwise people won't help because they will think that your just here for yourself.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Muffin™
Knows your age

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Muffin™
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack1 View Post
What is good Move changing tool in FR/LG? Pro Move Editor doesn't work for me.
I can't think of any, but you can go into Documents and Tutorials and search 'editing moves' (Without the ' ') or something like that.
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
What would I need to do to increase the possibility of encountering a shiny Pokemon?
A level script with a random Shinyzer variable is my plan B
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Muffin™
Knows your age

You know how when you go into the Pokemon Mart for the first time, he tells you to deliver Oak's Parcel? Can anyone tell me how (or script <_<) to start a script right when you walk in? Thanks.
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:31 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septile View Post
You know how when you go into the Pokemon Mart for the first time, he tells you to deliver Oak's Parcel? Can anyone tell me how (or script <_<) to start a script right when you walk in? Thanks.
That would be a level script. Cooley has a great tutorial for these here. Not giving out scripts, though. I suppose that you have covered the basic parts of scripting in order to move on to that...

Your knight from the plane of light
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Muffin™
Knows your age

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
That would be a level script. Cooley has a great tutorial for these here. Not giving out scripts, though. I suppose that you have covered the basic parts of scripting in order to move on to that...

Ok thanks for the help :D
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Okay, some quick questions:
1. The important one: What is the applymovement value for the vs. seeker pose? You know, where the trainer raises one hand?
2. Semi-important: Is there an applymovement to make the sprite shiver slightly? I don't think so, but might as well ask :\
3. Unimportant: Do I need to give a tile a special behavior byte for a sign script to work?
4. Ludicrously unimportant: How exactly do the Strength scripts work? Does setflag 0x805 allow you to move boulders? And if it does, how does the flag reset everytime you leave the map?
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:02 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
What would I need to do to increase the possibility of encountering a shiny Pokemon?
A level script with a random Shinyzer variable is my plan B
Plan B then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Okay, some quick questions:
1. The important one: What is the applymovement value for the vs. seeker pose? You know, where the trainer raises one hand?
2. Semi-important: Is there an applymovement to make the sprite shiver slightly? I don't think so, but might as well ask :\
3. Unimportant: Do I need to give a tile a special behavior byte for a sign script to work?
4. Ludicrously unimportant: How exactly do the Strength scripts work? Does setflag 0x805 allow you to move boulders? And if it does, how does the flag reset everytime you leave the map?
1. There's no way to mimic the VS Seeker pose using applymovement AFAIK.
2. There is none; the closest you can get is walking in place, I guess.
3. I think there's no need to have a special behavior byte.
4. Yes, that's the flag. I'm pretty sure the flag resetting is done through some ASM routines.
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Needs some help here. I edited or well pasted my back sprite over the original and edited the colors to my liking as seen here:

Now I save it but inside the game it comes out like this:

Spoiler:

As you can see its not like I wanted it. I don't know what I did wrong. Could someone help?

Old February 7th, 2010, 12:25 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson View Post
Needs some help here. I edited or well pasted my back sprite over the original and edited the colors to my liking as seen here:

Now I save it but inside the game it comes out like this:

As you can see its not like I wanted it. I don't know what I did wrong. Could someone help?
Again, it's a palette problem, meaning the image palette does not match the palette ordering in-game.
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:32 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
Again, it's a palette problem, meaning the image palette does not match the palette ordering in-game.
Well I'm a bit confused. Can you explain further? I didn't move any palettes around instead I edited the colors that weren't on my sprite.

Old February 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson View Post
Well I'm a bit confused. Can you explain further? I didn't move any palettes around instead I edited the colors that weren't on my sprite.
It's easier than it seems. See the palette you can see in TileMolester? Good. Now, make sure it's the same in the ROM. That's it.
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
It's easier than it seems. See the palette you can see in TileMolester? Good. Now, make sure it's the same in the ROM. That's it.
Oh well you see, I took all the colors from YM in edited the palettes in APE. I copied all 16 colors from TM to APE in other words the palette table from both TM and APE were the same but in-game it looked horrible so I changed the APE table to normal. It's strange though but when I worked on backsprite the first time things came out fine now it doesn't...

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

I'm afraid I'm hopeless with pallettes, you should've seen how I mutilated NiKa's Gardevoir OW the first time I inserted it :\
Anyway, I have two more questions to throw out there:
1. Just to verify, all I need to do to hide a sprite before the character enters that map in question is set the sprite's Person ID to a flag number, then set that flag before entering the map, right? For example, I've got a sprite on Route 11 with a Person ID of 0201, so if I setflag 0x201 on a different map, will he be hidden when I go to Route 11?
2. Anyone know the offset for the Vs. Seeker script? I'm going to try to hunt down the vs. seeker move pose value, because logically, it has to be there somewhere. This isn't even that important, just some random thing I'm going to try.
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Masih
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
For some reason I can't use the bike in any of the new maps I've made. I made sure that their types were set to Village/City/Route/etc, and I've even gone as far as to make the header of one of my towns identical to that of Viridian City (where the bike works), but still no luck. Help would be greatly appreciated.
same problem ......................................
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

check the behavior byte on the tiles you used.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Muffin™
Knows your age

Anyone know how to set off that beep when an exclamation point, question mark ect. goes off?
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Burning Citadel
Mocha City Gym Leader

Nature: Careful
Okay, So i know how to create a new map you open any random map and then go 'file' create new map. (something along those lines). Correct me if I'm wrong. Okay So Now I've Gone and made this beautiful map. Now what my problem is, is i want to insert that map into its own header not the header of the one I chose the random map out of. I.E. I Choose the town map from PALLET Town and then i go to 'file' create my new map. Then what happens is it puts it into The PALLET Town Header and changes the name to PALLET Town? Anyone get what I'm getting at anyway I Haven't found anything yet thats being of any help so some help would be great.

Thanks, Burning Citadel
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
I'm afraid I'm hopeless with pallettes, you should've seen how I mutilated NiKa's Gardevoir OW the first time I inserted it :\
Anyway, I have two more questions to throw out there:
1. Just to verify, all I need to do to hide a sprite before the character enters that map in question is set the sprite's Person ID to a flag number, then set that flag before entering the map, right? For example, I've got a sprite on Route 11 with a Person ID of 0201, so if I setflag 0x201 on a different map, will he be hidden when I go to Route 11?
2. Anyone know the offset for the Vs. Seeker script? I'm going to try to hunt down the vs. seeker move pose value, because logically, it has to be there somewhere. This isn't even that important, just some random thing I'm going to try.
1. Yup
2. I don't believe that the Vs. Seeker uses a script in the sense that you could reprogram it with something along the lines of XSE. If I had to guess, I would say that ASM would be required. Also, what's the "move pose value"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septile View Post
Anyone know how to set off that beep when an exclamation point, question mark ect. goes off?
Right before you put the applymovement command, plug in the following command + parameter:

Code:
sound 0x15
The "beep" that plays when the exclamation box appears does not inherently accompany the movement and must be added manually with the above command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Citadel View Post
Okay, So i know how to create a new map you open any random map and then go 'file' create new map. (something along those lines). Correct me if I'm wrong. Okay So Now I've Gone and made this beautiful map. Now what my problem is, is i want to insert that map into its own header not the header of the one I chose the random map out of. I.E. I Choose the town map from PALLET Town and then i go to 'file' create my new map. Then what happens is it puts it into The PALLET Town Header and changes the name to PALLET Town? Anyone get what I'm getting at anyway I Haven't found anything yet thats being of any help so some help would be great.

Thanks, Burning Citadel
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but are you asking if it's possible to make a new map and then insert it under, say, Viridian City?

Brother of Vrai
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Zootster
Awesome Guy Extrordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Zootster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 558122_DG View Post
check the behavior byte on the tiles you used.
It's 00, though it's the same on premade maps where the bike works....

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

@Colcolstyles: Thanks. By move pose value, I meant the value required to initiate frame 9 of the standard OW sprite, namely, the vs. seeker pose, but what you said is basically what I was expecting :\
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:27 AM
mgarciai
Beginning Trainer

I switched blue/gary's ow with red in firedred using the overworld editor.
I also switched made sure his palette was switched from 05 or 06 or w/e it was to 00 so retain his color without affecting any other trainer using that palette.

Now, when I see red in prof. oaks lab, his sprite is that of red's and the purple border he and leaf have are gone, but his edges are some weird purple color. Where did I go wrong?
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM
icychill66

I haven't seen anything about this, but does anyone know how to manipulate the shinyness? I would like to make wild encounters have a 1:400 or so chance of being shiny, rather than the 1:8,000 or whatever the exact number is. Is this possible to do?
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Ps:hi
mr.MEGA HACK

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post
I haven't seen anything about this, but does anyone know how to manipulate the shinyness? I would like to make wild encounters have a 1:400 or so chance of being shiny, rather than the 1:8,000 or whatever the exact number is. Is this possible to do?
The only way that I know is

Spoiler:
to go into pokepic and export the shiny, and regular pictures, swap them with paint, import them back to pokepic, compress it to the rom, then try that.

Last edited by Ps:hi; February 9th, 2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: messed up yet again
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
icychill66

but that is just simply changing the sprites of pokemon. I'm wondering how to actually change the frequency of them appearing in the wild.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links