The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maco View Post
How would I change the starting position/map of the character immediately after the introduction/name-setting?
Again I've searched around for guides, searched in this thread and had a look around AdvanceMap but come up empty.
There's a tool for that, called SMCA (previously SMEA) in HackMew's toolbox.
It's not fully functional though, as you can't change the Y position.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:47 AM
DonGGaMilo
Red Special Creator

how can i set up the flags,

example ) if 1 flag is set up, and 2 flags is started!

how can i do..? ( Poke Script )
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
how do i make more evolution items?
and guy above me, that should be in script help thread i think
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Kurayamiblack

Ok, I have a quick question or two I need for my Pokemon Emerald Hack (mostly tool relateed).

1) I'm using Poke Edit Pro and I noticed that Zubat's Base XP is higher than alot of other pokemon. I've also noticed that Wild Zubat are worth an incredible amount of EXP when you defeat them compared to nearly all others. Does the Base XP on Poke Edit Pro affect EXP gains from defeating that pokemon? And if so, if I change the Base XP of a pokemon, will anything else be affected?

2) Where can I find the ini values for Pokemon Emerald for the Advance-Text tool?
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurayamiblack View Post
1) I'm using Poke Edit Pro and I noticed that Zubat's Base XP is higher than alot of other pokemon. I've also noticed that Wild Zubat are worth an incredible amount of EXP when you defeat them compared to nearly all others. Does the Base XP on Poke Edit Pro affect EXP gains from defeating that pokemon? And if so, if I change the Base XP of a pokemon, will anything else be affected?
Don't use PEP. It's buggy. Use YAPE.
Quote:
2) Where can I find the ini values for Pokemon Emerald for the Advance-Text tool?
There were about 3 threads created in the ROM Hacking section over the past few years about that. Use the search tool. http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Can somebody give me a link to the PokeCry program that comes with EliteMap? My computer won't let me download EliteMap because it thinks it's a virus.

Also, if that's not possible, can somebody just tell me the offset at where Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftry's cries are located? Cuz I somehow screwed them up.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Kurayamiblack

Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Don't use PEP. It's buggy. Use YAPE.

There were about 3 threads created in the ROM Hacking section over the past few years about that. Use the search tool. http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php
Well, Thanks for the new tool suggestion. I got YAPE now thanks to you and it's pretty cool. But it still doesn't help me with the problem I asked for. I don't understand how this Base EXP thing works. Thanks to the way YAPE is set-up I've almost eliminated my fear that Editing the Base EXP will affect how much EXP that pokemon will need in order to level up, but I'm still in the dark on a few small details.

Does editing Base EXP have anything to do with the amount of EXP the pokemon has or needs? (For Example it says Golbat has base EXP of 90, how exactly does that translate to EXP needed/gained?). You gave me a great new tool but didn't actually honer my question with an answer '_'

And the search thing, ok that's my fault for not checking that first. I'm just used to being on forums where the search function is either broken or simply sucks >.<
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote:
Well, Thanks for the new tool suggestion. I got YAPE now thanks to you and it's pretty cool. But it still doesn't help me with the problem I asked for. I don't understand how this Base EXP thing works. Thanks to the way YAPE is set-up I've almost eliminated my fear that Editing the Base EXP will affect how much EXP that pokemon will need in order to level up, but I'm still in the dark on a few small details.

Does editing Base EXP have anything to do with the amount of EXP the pokemon has or needs? (For Example it says Golbat has base EXP of 90, how exactly does that translate to EXP needed/gained?). You gave me a great new tool but didn't actually honer my question with an answer '_'

And the search thing, ok that's my fault for not checking that first. I'm just used to being on forums where the search function is either broken or simply sucks >.<
The 'EXP data' field has two values.
Growth rate determines how much exp your pokemon needs to level up. There are only 6 fields (and I think that not all 6 of them work), but that'll do.
Base EXP determines how much exp a pokemon gives out. Max value here is 255. It has a formula that makes it increase per level, and it must involve multiplying the data, so that the more the base EXP, the bigger the increment per level.

Your knight from the plane of light
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I can never get this.

My world map won't insert correctly. This is what I get. (Look at attachments) Why does it do this. I've tried so many different things, and looked for a good tut, but I've never found a good, reliable one. And, don't tell me to use Cyclone, It doesn't work on my Computer. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png why.PNG‎ (4.7 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Kurayamiblack

Thanks a bunch NiKaNoRoU. This helps with my planning a whole lot
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I can never get this.

My world map won't insert correctly. This is what I get. (Look at attachments) Why does it do this. I've tried so many different things, and looked for a good tut, but I've never found a good, reliable one. And, don't tell me to use Cyclone, It doesn't work on my Computer. Thanks.
NTME, get it, use it, love it, like a sweet woman.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Jm20
A.k.a. Zig :-)

How can I get the background color to be the first color in the palette? Now it just chooses a seemingly random color (mostly black). Please don't say I have to edit it manually and repair the whole tileset... 8-(
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Maco
learning the ropes...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm20 View Post
How can I get the background color to be the first color in the palette? Now it just chooses a seemingly random color (mostly black). Please don't say I have to edit it manually and repair the whole tileset... 8-(
What program are you using? If it's photoshop, there is a post by HackMew maybe 3-4 pages back that tells you how to set the first colour.

Usually in other programs there is an menu option to see the colour table before saving the file. Then you just switch another colour in the palette with the first colour, then save.
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Masih
Beginning Trainer

Zootster, I found one workaround for the bicycle error, it might probably be only on emerald, but i tried activating "show city names" below the map name, and i could use my bicycle, if all the other options are also correctly input.

cheers...
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
NTME, get it, use it, love it, like a sweet woman.
I tried using that, I must be doing something wrong. When I insert it, it gives me even more garbage.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old February 18th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Jm20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maco View Post
What program are you using? If it's photoshop, there is a post by HackMew maybe 3-4 pages back that tells you how to set the first colour.

Usually in other programs there is an menu option to see the colour table before saving the file. Then you just switch another colour in the palette with the first colour, then save.
I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet)
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm20 View Post
I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet)
If I understand this correctly, just copy the image of your tileset-before and paste it onto your tileset-after.
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Jm20

Thank you, that worked.

I already tried that before, but then it didn't work because I saved the tileset as a new file. However, the new file would get unindexed and that was the problem.... Saving the tileset in the same file lets the file stay indexed.

Well, not very important anymore: it just works :-)
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
icychill66

Just wondering, what is the best sprite/tile editing tutorial?
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Destiny.
The Absol Master

Nature: Adamant
Matteron (96)- Have you tried changing the Options/Video/Render in VBA or other emulators?

Question:
I have a very, very nub question for hacking the ol' Pokemon Gameboy Colour Gold Version. I want to use a hex editor (I use WindHex32, if it matters) to change the Pokemon available in the Goldenrod/Celadon Game Corners, and the Pokemon given out by Bill and the dude with the Shuckle on Olivine if possible at all.

I know almost nothing about hacking. I've only used a hex editor ONCE to try out the level-up tutorial for Pokemon GS and unlock Safari Zone. I cannot locate any offsets/values/pointers or whatever they're called for the Game Corner Pokemon.

I was hoping to change Abra, Sandshrew (was it?) and Dratini to Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and change the number of coins required for each to 5000. How is the data layed out and is it within my experience to be able to change them?

I've had a look through every tutorial available on the Internet over the past week. I went onto Pokemon Community and found some useful ones, but not what I need. So I joined up here, because people seem nice xD I want to use GBC Gold with Meboy (within 1 megabyte limit), but as you know, many emulators cannot trade so I want to make every Pokemon available, but I don't want to put Legendaries in the wild.
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Falcore
Beginning Trainer

is there a thread with all completed hacks with links
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing
The tile's behaiviour is set to Block is covered by hero, perhaps?
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
That's because you're using a higher movement permission, such as 10, or 14. Instead, just use, if it was Floor 1 Steps Floor 2, C 0 C. That spells something disturbing, but still. I don't know how to fix it, mind. ):
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcore View Post
is there a thread with all completed hacks with links
No because there's no reason for that
Everyone can find it by themselves.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread