Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 1st, 2010 (02:40 AM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by SuperJOCKE:
How many bytes are one attack?
In the advance generation, they are 12 bytes.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_data_structure_in_Generation_III
Old March 1st, 2010 (08:14 AM).
Expert Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Darthatron:
In the advance generation, they are 12 bytes.
Ok, thanks.

I'll see if I can get it to work this time.
Old March 1st, 2010 (11:26 AM).

Quote:
I don't plan on emailing you, because I don't want you to have my email, so I'll answer you're question here and hope you aren't lazy enough to return to this thread and check.

Instead of expanding the map banks, simply replace existing maps, easy to do, it's preorangized, and you'll have less of a cahnce to crash your rom.
You see, ive ran out of map banks for that town and I like to keep everything organized. Its easier for me.
Old March 1st, 2010 (01:20 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2010 by effigia777.

i want to change the dialogue of a rom i have. that is all, no more, no less. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. can someone please tell me step by step directions on how to do this? pretty much all i need to know is what program to use, how to open the script, and how to save it once it's edited. it's a gba rom by the way. i know that matters regarding the program i need to use.
Old March 1st, 2010 (03:27 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
[SARCASM] Ok, go to ROM Hacking... [/SARCASM] Nah, I won't.

I do have a question though. I'm trying GoldMap, and when I try to save to the rom, It says that it can't. Therefore, I use Save As. Why is it doing that?
Bumping my (old) question.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

The Legend of Legacy - Main Battle Theme
Old March 1st, 2010 (04:14 PM).

Hi I am using an emulator like TGB Dual to play pokemon RGBGSC.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to hack into the game, and enable Items (like potion, Xattack etc.) while in linked battles.
Remember, I am using an emulator, and there are no gameshark, pAR or gamegenie codes found for any such thing.
I'll try using a hex editor to hack the ram and see what I can come up with in the meantime.
Old March 1st, 2010 (04:40 PM).
guahh my dog is so cute
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by rockman0:

One more question, when you say "reduce the tilemap" do you mean change the amount of memory it takes up or the actual size of the map?
Uhh, changing the size of the tilemap will affect the memory, is kinda like thinking a big thing takes up more space xD, so just change the size, hence reducing the memory.

Quote originally posted by 558122_DG:
You can't reduce the amount of memory it takes up in the rom as far as I would know which when it comes to these type of things in not too much, but I'm about 70% sure he meant the size, that actually helped me out too
thnx Blitz care tell us how small we need the pic 2 be?
Actually, you can control how much space an image take up, (which should be painfully obvious) Putting in a large image will take up more space than in the rom than a small image. I'm not sure how big or small the image needs to be, I just know you can't insert a tilemap that is the same size of the screen, simply look for repeating tiles, or you can look at this video on how to use sphere to make the smallest tilemaps possible, but it is really hard to put together since it scrambles the 8x8 tiles.

Quote originally posted by FueledByParaic:
You see, ive ran out of map banks for that town and I like to keep everything organized. Its easier for me.
Then click on insert maps, select create new space , the map bank, and the number of maps you want to add in. How ever, you're going to have to insert the map in to those new spaces; you can't just draw your map and save
Old March 1st, 2010 (09:19 PM).
I still claim Luxray!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to rockman0 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman0
Quote originally posted by BlitŻ:
Actually, you can control how much space an image take up, (which should be painfully obvious) Putting in a large image will take up more space than in the rom than a small image. I'm not sure how big or small the image needs to be, I just know you can't insert a tilemap that is the same size of the screen, simply look for repeating tiles, or you can look at this video on how to use sphere to make the smallest tilemaps possible, but it is really hard to put together since it scrambles the 8x8 tiles.
Okay then. That's really helpful. I saw the video and know what you are talking about, but now...where can I get sphere? Lol, I've search the Toolbox and googled it and check Whack a Hack and every other hacking site I can think of. Have I overlooked anything?

"From now on, live in the past, and fight for the future."
Old March 1st, 2010 (11:03 PM).
I review anime and stuff!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
is there anywhere i can find a complete index of sprite numbers in UNLZ-GBA and an item editing program.
bumping my question, can someonehelp

3DS FC: 4854-6421-4741
Be sure to add me and let me know so I can add you back!
Old March 2nd, 2010 (10:21 AM).
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

Nature: Rash
is someone can show me how can i edit the asm routine??? if is possible in spanish, cuz' i wanna edit the items to make new evolution items
Old March 2nd, 2010 (12:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by Pinkprincess893:
Okay, I have what are probably a some really stupid questions considering I am very, very new at ROM hacking (as in, I started two or three days ago with a very slow internet connection).

1) I am trying to change the look of the outside of Professor Birch's lab to the look of a secret base. The warp works in Advanced Map (when I click the 'Follow warp' button it takes me to the inside of the lab) but in-game it it takes me to ' 's BASE'. What am I doing wrong?

2) How do you make the soft loamy soil already have a berry plant growing? I managed to make the soft loamy soil message come up so I presume I can plant berries there, I just can't get the berry plant to be growing already.

3) How do I get rid of the whole arriving in a moving truck think to now happen? The plot I'm trying to work requires the player to have lived there their entire life.

4) How can I change the kid who doesn't let you past until you have your Pokemon into two people who stand there blocking the way until you have your Pokemon?

Sorry if I'm asking really stupid here or if I'm asking something that has already been answered. I didn't see them so... ; Thanks in advance.
Quote originally posted by HackMew:
1) How did you change it, exactly?
2) Uhm... can I ask why would you need a planted berry? Decoration purposes? Or just to let the player get some berries?
3) If you're patient enough, just wait for me to release A-Intro. It is going to include the truck removing, as well as the X/Y positions editing.
4) It depends what you mean by "changing". Do you want to change the actual sprite, or you want to change his behaviour?

Oh, and welcome to PokéCommunity.
Quote originally posted by Pinkprincess893:
1) I just changed it so it would look like it was a secret base (one of those trees with the vines coming out of it). I did nothing at all to the warp so I don't see why that doesn't work. I met a guy who made an Emerald hack back in 2007 (apparently he made it as a joke to make fun of his old school... O.o) and he tried to fix it but couldn't either...
2) ...Decoration really. ; I just think that since in the plot I am trying to execute the playable character has lived in the house for most of their life that the mothers should have gardens out the front. Don't ask me why, but to me gardens give a 'lived in' feel to a house.
3) I think I can wait. ...Think being the key word. XD; How long do you think that it'll take? (heh, I'm talking like I have a choice here...)
4) Maybe I should have been clearer. ; I want the kid that stops you from going into route 101 to become two sprites that don't let you past until you battle one of them (a specific one of them, not just the first you talk to) then let you past if/when you win.

Thank you!
Just bumping these questions. ; I haven't gotten any answer to 1 or 2... The others can be ignored if need be since I'll be able to wait for and I'm sure I'll be able to 4 out since someone said something about adding an applymovement thing to the script and such (I understand what that means better than I make it seem like). But that does raise another question.

5) What would happen if you ran into a trainer if you had no Pokemon?/Is it possible to make them just say something until you obtain your starter and if so, how?
Old March 2nd, 2010 (01:33 PM).
Boggle

Quote originally posted by Destiny.:
How do you hack the pokemon in the gamecorner in Pokemon Gold GBC? >.<
If you mean the prize pokemon then you have to edit it in a hex editor unless somebody has made a tool that can do it, which I highly doubt.

+====================Supports====================+

+====================Supports====================+
Old March 3rd, 2010 (12:35 AM).
The Absol Master

Nature: Adamant
Yes, but what's the offset/hex values I need to edit for the gamecorner >.<
I don't want to stuff up the game by accidemt

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzn4ynwzned
Old March 3rd, 2010 (06:52 AM).
~Zelda fan #1~

Nature: Mild
Okay, I've followed a guide on how to edit the hero backsprite with TileMolester Alternate but everything goes wrong. I've searched the hero backsprite, pressed the ''<'' two times and the other button 4 times, and added the palette (FireRed). So when I try to load a new hero-sprite with ''Import From...'' the colors becomes all weird, and when I've saved, the hero is all messed up in the game...
Please, somebody help.

I support~

Old March 3rd, 2010 (12:52 PM).
The rocks cry out to me
Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Dose anybody know the offset in the memory viewer where it stores what map and map bank you are on? So that way I can make a script that checks what map the player is on?
Old March 3rd, 2010 (03:42 PM).

Where can I download the most recent English version of Touhoumon?
Old March 3rd, 2010 (07:53 PM). Edited March 4th, 2010 by Darthatron.
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by NarutoActor:
Dose anybody know the offset in the memory viewer where it stores what map and map bank you are on? So that way I can make a script that checks what map the player is on?
It's stored in some RAM that is moved around a lot, you won't be able to get it with just with a script. The pointer at 0x03005008 points to some data containing it.
Code:
hWord	Players X Position
hWord	Players Y Position
Byte	Map Bank
Byte	Map #
Word[5]	Unknown (Fillers?) I have absolutely no idea what these 40 bytes are used for.
hWord	Weather
hWord	Unknown
Send me a visitor message if you need any help getting them into temp variables.

EDIT: This is for FireRed, by the way.
Old March 4th, 2010 (01:41 AM).

is there any way to remove pokemon with xse?
Old March 4th, 2010 (02:37 AM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by novluis323:
is there any way to remove pokemon with xse?
Yes, but the script would be very long. Using HackMew's ASM routine would be better.
Old March 4th, 2010 (03:12 AM).
~Zelda fan #1~

How can I read already made scripts? I mean where it says ''Open Script''. Cuz it doesnt work. Just says ''No script editor defined''.

I support~

Old March 4th, 2010 (04:53 AM).
More cowbell~
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Lanzar:
How can I read already made scripts? I mean where it says ''Open Script''. Cuz it doesnt work. Just says ''No script editor defined''.
The goto:
settings > choose script editor and pick you're script editor.
It'll come up with a yes/no prompt; it doesn't matter which one you click
Old March 4th, 2010 (05:27 AM).
~Zelda fan #1~

Quote originally posted by Pokepal17:
The goto:
settings > choose script editor and pick you're script editor.
It'll come up with a yes/no prompt; it doesn't matter which one you click
Oh, there it was. xD
Thank you very much! :D

I support~

Old March 4th, 2010 (09:36 AM).
Abbysus, abbysus invocat!

Nature: Rash
how can i put more overworlds in firered pokemon version? it is possible?
Old March 4th, 2010 (10:42 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by ville!:
how can i put more overworlds in firered pokemon version? it is possible?
Well you have to JPAN's patch I think...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 4th, 2010 (11:14 AM).
Orange I s l a n d s~
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Quote originally posted by rockman0:

Okay then. That's really helpful. I saw the video and know what you are talking about, but now...where can I get sphere? Lol, I've search the Toolbox and googled it and check Whack a Hack and every other hacking site I can think of. Have I overlooked anything?
Quote originally posted by The Explorer Of Destiny:
bumping my question, can someonehelp
@ Rockman9, Here!

@ The Explorer Of Destiny, It's no hard, just look through.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links