Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2010 (04:45 AM).
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by ~Poke~:
Ok, So I've just ripped all the Ruby tiles and put them in Firered. The first tileset worked. The second tileset has turned gibberish.
Is there any reason for this?
More importantly, can I fix it without going through and reconstructing every single tile?
Before I answer this...why are you moving all the Ruby tiles to FR? If you want Ruby tiles, use Ruby! FR's got nothing on Ruby! Ruby's better in almost every way at the base level.

But, uhm, no. Ruby and Fire Red's tileset sizes are different, so the blocks get messed up.
Old May 10th, 2010 (09:59 AM).
え?

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I just finished a special hack. You name your mother instead of your rival. Nothing else but it`s a holiday hack. Where would I post it? It
s 100% finished but not big so I don`t know if it would be okay to post it in the Hacking Showcase.
This thread is your friend ;)
Old May 10th, 2010 (12:32 PM).
I have returned.

Quote originally posted by Collen:
Is there a way to edit what the badges look like (without that unLZ thing)?
Can someone answer me?
I really need help.

Old May 10th, 2010 (01:32 PM).
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Ninja Caterpie:
Before I answer this...why are you moving all the Ruby tiles to FR? If you want Ruby tiles, use Ruby! FR's got nothing on Ruby! Ruby's better in almost every way at the base level.

But, uhm, no. Ruby and Fire Red's tileset sizes are different, so the blocks get messed up.
Well, I like the Ruby tiles, and Ruby in general, but I want to use the hacked FR engine. (The one with swarms and dynamic levels and such)

So how differently sized is it?

Old May 10th, 2010 (02:55 PM).

Thanks for getting back to me! I edited the sprites using Photoshop and then used FreeSpaceFinder to find space when I imported to unLZ-gba
Old May 11th, 2010 (06:05 AM).

hi my question is ,how do i place pokemon daimond overworlds in pokemon ruby if the sprites to big, and when i resize them, and place them in the do this split copy thing were theres half body parts on the sprite and it shows up like that in the game ?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 11th, 2010 (08:42 AM).

Hi . I am hacking Emerald. Do you know how I can change the intro before the battles with the elite four (the one with the flash of the player and the opponent, and the word vs.). Thanks.
Old May 11th, 2010 (11:57 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Has any1 got a download link for Sappy 2005? I can't use search engines at the mo so...
Old May 11th, 2010 (12:31 PM).

how do i hack the sevii islands in a firered rom? and how to i change their world map?
Old May 11th, 2010 (01:14 PM). Edited May 11th, 2010 by deadpoe7.

So I have a problem with my Fire Red Rom. I used Darthatron's PEP tool to edit some pokemon as well as add a few, and then neither VBA nor No$gba would play the rom. VBA just displays a white screen. No$gba told me that I had a bad rom entrypoint at header [000h]. Anybody know what's going on here? I know the problem is a result of something during the use of the PEP because both emulators played the rom before I used the tool.
Old May 11th, 2010 (03:11 PM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by deadpoe7:
So I have a problem with my Fire Red Rom. I used Darthatron's PEP tool to edit some pokemon as well as add a few, and then neither VBA nor No$gba would play the rom. VBA just displays a white screen. No$gba told me that I had a bad rom entrypoint at header [000h]. Anybody know what's going on here? I know the problem is a result of something during the use of the PEP because both emulators played the rom before I used the tool.
Have you repointed your data? If you didn't, it could be overwriting valuable information, and therefore, ruining the game. Try repointing your data.
Quote originally posted by Legendofall:
how do i hack the sevii islands in a firered rom? and how to i change their world map?
Sevii Islands.. One-Seven Islands... That can be done normally, like anything else you change in the game. The world map is different. You need to make a specific size of an image and make sure it has the right colors. It's kinda hard for me to say, as I haven't completely figured it out meself.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old May 11th, 2010 (08:29 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Binary:
This thread is your friend
That`s the thing. I`ve already read it. I just don`t know what to do because it requires the hack to be far in progress, mine is finished. But it also requires screenshots of maps but no maps are edited, it`s just a simple thing. I don`t know where to post it since it fills some requirements but lacks others.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old May 12th, 2010 (04:08 AM).
ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
That`s the thing. I`ve already read it. I just don`t know what to do because it requires the hack to be far in progress, mine is finished. But it also requires screenshots of maps but no maps are edited, it`s just a simple thing. I don`t know where to post it since it fills some requirements but lacks others.
That means, you can't post it. You're better off advertising it in your signature. :)
Old May 12th, 2010 (08:21 AM).

Is there any easy way to switch pokemon in the rom? For example, switching articuno with marowak so that articuno could use the thick club. I've been jotting down the details of each, then exchanging stats, movesets, and the like in YAPE, but this strikes me as horrible, since I'm planning on completely restructuring the dex.

Team snag'em's tools don't work for this, as far as I can tell.

Also, I accidentally screwed up a map beyond repair, and exported/imported a copy of the map from a backup copy of the rom I had lying about, to replace it and hopefully fix everything, but there's a new problem. The map in question is Cerulean, and it's now no longer possible to mount/dismount the bike while in the city. According to Advancemap, the header with the weather/route type/etc is identical to every other town, and the scripts are all exactly what they are in a clean copy of fire red, so I'm a bit baffled as to why you can't bike there.

Questions are all about Fire Red, by the way.
Old May 12th, 2010 (08:38 AM).

sorry let me rephrase my question,how do i for example put a trainer overworld from daimond into my ruby ,if the sprites to big,and when i resize it to 32x32 it has enough room but after its in it shows up as half body parts in the game help me please this is the pivotal part of my hack>

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 12th, 2010 (10:56 AM).
Starting Pokémon Obsidian

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by higame:
sorry let me rephrase my question,how do i for example put a trainer overworld from daimond into my ruby ,if the sprites to big,and when i resize it to 32x32 it has enough room but after its in it shows up as half body parts in the game help me please this is the pivotal part of my hack>
Not to be critical, but sprites shouldn't be the most important part of your entire hack :/

Make it the same dimensions as an existing sprite to overwrite (I think some legendaries could be big enough) and write it in over those, or do some serious editing and manually make it small enough to be the same size as a normal sprite. Be aware that you might end up having more difficulty fitting all the sprites into the limited number of palettes, though.

Old May 12th, 2010 (11:34 AM).
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
@higame
16x32 not 32x32

@colcostyles
looks tricky, but i'll try it, thanks.

ok, i inserted a titlescreen logo, background, flames, and pokemon.
i pallette edited them all with the correct pallettes.
now, when i open my rom at the titlescreen, everything works fine except the pokemon, which had the exact same pallette as the background.
i tried pallette editing the background and the same thing happened the other way round.
sum1 hlp pls.
Old May 12th, 2010 (01:31 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Having added extra heaaling spots and flight spots to my rom, I have run into a problem.

Whenever I white out, the game glitches. The player sprite does the animations that nurse joy is supposed to do. And because the player sprite doesnt have a bow animation, the player ends up running on the spot infinitely.

I REALLY don't want to start on a fresh rom, and have tried dissassembling the rom just before, during and after the white out, and comparing it with a clean rom. I have been unable to spot any differences between the two. I can only assume I have accidentally overwritten one tiny part of the rom. Someone help me, please!
Old May 12th, 2010 (04:56 PM).

Hey, really nooby question here but anyway...

When my player leaves his house through the door, I want the script to trigger after he walks on the entrance/exit spot outside the house. However, I have to move and walk back on that square to trigger the script.

I was told that I should use a level script, however I don't honestly know what that is...

If someone could help it's be great.
Old May 12th, 2010 (05:01 PM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Metroid Die:
Hey, really nooby question here but anyway...

When my player leaves his house through the door, I want the script to trigger after he walks on the entrance/exit spot outside the house. However, I have to move and walk back on that square to trigger the script.

I was told that I should use a level script, however I don't honestly know what that is...

If someone could help it's be great.
Put it like this:
1. Make your normal script and compile it.
2. In A-map, there is an option to put in a Map script, do so, and put in the offset that your script is located in.
3. Test and see if the script works correctly.

Don't forget to use a setflag command so the level script won't activate every time the player enters the map!

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old May 12th, 2010 (05:51 PM).

Yeah.. Isn't that the same as just putting the offset into the "Script offset" box? My problem is that I have to walk over the tile a second time to trigger it, when instead I should trigger is when I leave out of the door. Thanks for your help anyway.
Old May 12th, 2010 (09:16 PM).

1) How can i delete all maps from rom and/or start from scratch with advancemap?

2) Would it be possible, and if so, how, to get tile sheets from old games such as gold/silver or red/blue to put into my fire red hack? Or is there any way to just hack the pokemon red/blue roms and maps themselves?

3)What is a good WORKING talking script that i could use for just a normal press A and talk to character script? I am asking this only because I have used many others, but have not been able to find one that works fully

any help is much appreciated
Old May 12th, 2010 (10:01 PM). Edited May 12th, 2010 by Hermione Granger.
ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by Metroid Die:
Yeah.. Isn't that the same as just putting the offset into the "Script offset" box? My problem is that I have to walk over the tile a second time to trigger it, when instead I should trigger is when I leave out of the door. Thanks for your help anyway.
A level script is very different from a trigger script. A level script activates once you enter a map. There a nifty tutorial right here.

Quote originally posted by hippiezombie:
1) How can i delete all maps from rom and/or start from scratch with advancemap?

2) Would it be possible, and if so, how, to get tile sheets from old games such as gold/silver or red/blue to put into my fire red hack? Or is there any way to just hack the pokemon red/blue roms and maps themselves?

3)What is a good WORKING talking script that i could use for just a normal press A and talk to character script? I am asking this only because I have used many others, but have not been able to find one that works fully

any help is much appreciated :)
1. Uhh, remap? Deleting maps can ruin ROM. Its better to just reuse the map.

2. You can import tilesets from old games to Firered via Tile Inserting. There is also a way to hack R/B, search in Google.

3.Insert msgbox @x 0x6 in a script; whereas x is the pointer to the message. For example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi, I'm Zeffy.
Old May 12th, 2010 (10:54 PM).
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by hippiezombie:
In XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x720000

#org @start
message @message 0x2
end

#org @message
= MESSAGE.
Old May 13th, 2010 (12:25 PM). Edited May 13th, 2010 by Metroid Die.

Yeah, I read the tutorial, it's good and all, but my Advance Map doesn't have the option under the header, nor anywhere, to create a map script. I'm using Advance Map 1.92, I don't know if the version has anything to do with it...

I read the tutorial and it says that I need to create a map script using the drop down list under the header tab. I don't have this drop down list... Can anyone help me out with this?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)