The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
hack1
Dragon Green

Advertise here
On my hack, when I enter to Route 1, everything works. But after wild battle game blacks out. What's wrong?
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack1 View Post
On my hack, when I enter to Route 1, everything works. But after wild battle game blacks out. What's wrong?
You may have accidentally overwritten some important bytes that control battles, probably the wild pokemon data in the map - you can fix this in AMap. But, it may be the engine, which means you need to go to backup, or start again.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:22 AM
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
Alright, how can I find out how much free space is still in the ROM?

And does expanding your rom to 32Mb essentially double your space available?

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Does anyone know if the title screen palette is used for anything besides the title screen so that if I replaced the whole thing it would not mess anything else up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Alright, how can I find out how much free space is still in the ROM?

And does expanding your rom to 32Mb essentially double your space available?
You can use a hex editor and look for all the FF and 00 bytes, or use FSF, I beleive it is in the tools section. As for expanding the rom I'm not quite sure, I did it once but I had to delete it because I messed up the rom, and havn't tried it since, but it seems like it just adds more space for more things to add on to it.

Last edited by sonlen; June 10th, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Does anyone know the introduction's backround palette offset for firered?
Thanks!
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:09 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
Does anyone know the introduction's backround palette offset for firered?
Thanks! :)
After a quick search, I found it at 0x460568.

Brother of Vrai

Last edited by colcolstyles; June 10th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
.Paradox
Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL

Well I've fixed my own problem, but I couldn't tell anyone last night because my modem has this stupid timer thing so I can't go online after 11:00.

New problem though XD How do I get Oak to NOT appear in my map when you try to leave and he stops you? I've tried hidesprite 0x02 (his ID. I'm sure because the applymovements work for that ID) but I can't make it work. I've tried a level script to hide his sprite but it doesn't work and Idk what to do.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

Nature: Relaxed
When saving an imported zorua backsprite pokepic says, "image is too big, would you like to expand rom?"
Well, if I say yes it just disapears when I "revisit" the pokemon. If I say no it simply doesn't load.

However, the one time it did work without this message, when I battled with him his sprite moved up and down (exposing his erased bottom-half).

Do I need to replace a different pokemon or resize the backsprite (it's already small)?

DBZ Signature by x Necromorph x
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosophoros View Post
When saving an imported zorua backsprite pokepic says, "image is too big, would you like to expand rom?"
Well, if I say yes it just disapears when I "revisit" the pokemon. If I say no it simply doesn't load.

However, the one time it did work without this message, when I battled with him his sprite moved up and down (exposing his erased bottom-half).

Do I need to replace a different pokemon or resize the backsprite (it's already small)?
Use Advanced Sprite Position Editor
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143
That thread has it and 2 others you might find especially useful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Paradox View Post
Well I've fixed my own problem, but I couldn't tell anyone last night because my modem has this stupid timer thing so I can't go online after 11:00.

New problem though XD How do I get Oak to NOT appear in my map when you try to leave and he stops you? I've tried hidesprite 0x02 (his ID. I'm sure because the applymovements work for that ID) but I can't make it work. I've tried a level script to hide his sprite but it doesn't work and Idk what to do.
Do you need Oak on that map at all? If you just want him gone then remove him and the scripts that make him stop you.

Last edited by sonlen; June 10th, 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
.Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlen View Post

Do you need Oak on that map at all? If you just want him gone then remove him and the scripts that make him stop you.
No I need him there. Let me rephrase my question.

I need him to be invisible before he stops me to take me to his lab, because I can see him before I leave. Then I need him to be gone after I get my Pokemon. I can do the last part, but I can't the first part
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:

No I need him there. Let me rephrase my question.

I need him to be invisible before he stops me to take me to his lab, because I can see him before I leave. Then I need him to be gone after I get my Pokemon. I can do the last part, but I can't the first part
I beleive there are hidesprite and showsprite commands, that's all I can think of.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
How would I go about making a scripted battle, like on the teachy TV in FireRed? (For FireRed) I want it so that you aren't in the battle yourself, but the game does a battle:

PLAYER used FLAMETHROWER!
PLAYER2 used BUBBLE!
No move selection here..
PLAYER returned CHARIZARD!
PLAYER sent out VENUSAUR!
and so on and so fourth....

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:38 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

@ .Paradox
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x7543B2

#org @start
hidesprite (oaks map id here)
setflag (unused flag here)
checkflag 0x828
lockall
if 0x1 goto @done
playsong 0x12E 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
showsprite (oaks map id here)
setflag (same as last setflag id)
applymovement 0x02 @move
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x2
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x02 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
setdooropened 0x0A 0x11
doorchange
applymovement 0x02 @move5
applymovement 0xFF @move6
waitmovement 0xFF
setdoorclosed 0x0A 0x11
doorchange
warp 0x4 0x3 0xFF 0x06 0x0C
waitstate
fadesong 0x12C
releaseall
end

#org @done
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @move6
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= No, don't go out there!
#org @2
= You can't go out there\nwithout your own Pokemon.\pWild Pokemon will hurt you.\nCome with me and we'll get you one.

I believe this is your script, and I added a couple things, you just need to add the raw values at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
How would I go about making a scripted battle, like on the teachy TV in FireRed? (For FireRed) I want it so that you aren't in the battle yourself, but the game does a battle:

PLAYER used FLAMETHROWER!
PLAYER2 used BUBBLE!
No move selection here..
PLAYER returned CHARIZARD!
PLAYER sent out VENUSAUR!
and so on and so fourth....
I would suggest finding the script for the old man who teaches you to catch pokemon and copying it and modifying it, or even that TV show you talked about.

Last edited by sonlen; June 10th, 2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
I would suggest finding the script for the old man who teaches you to catch pokemon and copying it and modifying it, or even that TV show you talked about.
Ok, thanks. Another question: Can I assemble my .s files without using Sappy? It crashes whenever I try to assemble.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:50 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Ok, thanks. Another question: Can I assemble my .s files without using Sappy? It crashes whenever I try to assemble.
I personally have never used Sappy, I want to get a working title screen before I get started with everything else, so hopefully soon I can get a new palette in so I can use my title screen I made part of in photoshop.

Does anyone know if it is safe to replace the title screen palette, I just need to know if anything else in the game uses it for anything.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
.Paradox

Quote:
I beleive there are hidesprite and showsprite commands, that's all I can think of.
That doesn't work though for me. Well when I tried making it a level script that loads as soon as the map loads. But nothing happens and idk what to do.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM
~Merilyn
Pokemon Misted Amethyst

Nature: Lax
Does anyone know how to insert the standard Pokemon Firered tree into Pokemon Emerald? I don't want to screw up any other tiles, I just want that tree inserted by overwriting the emerald tree, but the Emerald tree is shorter than the Firered tree, so I can't insert it without screwing up something else. Thanks in advance.
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:24 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:

That doesn't work though for me. Well when I tried making it a level script that loads as soon as the map loads. But nothing happens and idk what to do.
Well I havn't really looked into level scripting, so all I can say is wait for more help or try to add it as a script and on a person script. Anyways Good Luck.
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Aggron1991
Beginning Trainer

I used A-Trainer to make two new trainers in Fire Red. Everything works fine about them, except for one thing: The items they use either at the beginning of the battle or when their Pokemon's HP is low.

One of the trainers, despite the fact that I didn't give him any items to use, uses Black Belt at the beginning of the battle for some reason, which raises his Pokemon's defense, strangely enough.

The other trainer has but one item, Full Restore, selected for use, but when his Pokemon's HP is low, he uses Soul Dew (@_@) followed by the caption "Foe FEAROW's SOUL DEW restored health!" even though its HP doesn't change.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening?
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:27 PM
krillian
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if this is a simple question but,

does anyone know the when it is morning and nightime in pokemon emeraled

@Aggron1991
why don't you try starting again, and use a blank trainer

@~Merilyn
(Not a simple question by the way)
Thats easy to do, make sure each titleset firered your hack have the same palltes
then copy the firered tree over your hack tree save and it is done just intesect the titleset into your hack, I you would like me to make a toutrial i will do it

Last edited by krillian; June 10th, 2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: the post was weird
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:30 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I ended up deleting the script. I was currently changing the text. It's the sign in Littleroot in Emerald on the brown signpost. How do I get it back?

EDIT: I managed to get signpost back but ever word is surrounded by a line now. What do I do to fix it? Here is the picture:
http://img32.imageshack.us/i/pokemonemeraldpng2.png/
Does anyone know how to fix this glitch? I need help with it!
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Does anyone know how to fix this glitch? I need help with it!
It looks like you've messed up the text box tile map. Try importing the original tile map, if this could be the case.
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:00 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

How do I import the original tile map? Also how do you change the TMs Gym Leaders give you in Emerald/Fire Red? After I fix the text I'm going to change it and make sure not to mess up.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:30 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Erm, does anyone know who made this tileset? I'd like to use some of it but don't know who to credit.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2...hto4yhk5tj.png

(I wasn't sure where to ask so I asked here.)
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
How do I import the original tile map? Also how do you change the TMs Gym Leaders give you in Emerald/Fire Red? After I fix the text I'm going to change it and make sure not to mess up.
Rip the tilemap from a clean rom and then import it into the edited one. You would edit the script in order to change the TM that is given.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here