The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM
slawter666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Search for the given value in your ROM and turn it into a point.

In this case, search for 10 66 48 00 (Reversed address of what you posted). And change the highlighted bit to 08.
Is that a hex value or a different type of value? because I keep trying and it comes up string not found. I really have no idea of what I'm doing wrong.
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Freya
Squee!

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Can anyone tell me the Unlz number for the battle menu in Emerald? I mean the one with the pokemon's name, their HP. . . I looked through D-Trogh's numbers already.
Never mind. I found it myself, I just had to use black and white mode. The battle boxes start at 944 for Emerald, in case anyone ever looks for it again.
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawter666 View Post
Is that a hex value or a different type of value? because I keep trying and it comes up string not found. I really have no idea of what I'm doing wrong.
Pointers are in HEX, and if you want to search for where the pointer is in ur quote, you need to revers the first 6 bytes, and add 08 to the end.

10 66 48 08 is a pointer that is pointing to the offset
0x486610 or 00486610 depending on your HEX editor
So you need to go to the offset 486610
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:03 AM
slawter666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlen View Post
Pointers are in HEX, and if you want to search for where the pointer is in ur quote, you need to revers the first 6 bytes, and add 08 to the end.

10 66 48 08 is a pointer that is pointing to the offset
0x486610 or 00486610 depending on your HEX editor
So you need to go to the offset 486610
Thank you, it worked.

Thank you Darthatron,the error message doesn't come up anymore. I realise why I failed now

The only problem I have now is on the map connections for the map it has 1, and -8 (which was originally -1) and everytime I try to delete it, the number will change to -1 of what it was, (so -8 will go to -9, and -9 would go to -10 etc)

and all them tiles appear and if I try to walk into the next map I just get stuck and can't move
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:12 AM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
Thank you, it worked.

Thank you Darthatron,the error message doesn't come up anymore. I realise why I failed now

The only problem I have now is on the map connections for the map it has 1, and -8 (which was originally -1) and everytime I try to delete it, the number will change to -1 of what it was, (so -8 will go to -9, and -9 would go to -10 etc)

and all them tiles appear and if I try to walk into the next map I just get stuck and can't move
The only thing I can think of is you didn't click the add button, otherwise I have no idea
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:48 AM
slawter666

Quote:
Thank you, it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlen View Post
The only thing I can think of is you didn't click the add button, otherwise I have no idea
Thanks, I added map connections until the -8 was gone to zero and everything seems fine in the map connections window now, but the tiles are still appearing like they were

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, I just inserted a new map, and when Advancemap inserts a new map is uses the one you were already one, then I just changed the map connections and voila, everythings fine again. Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated

Last edited by slawter666; June 21st, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
Thanks, I added map connections until the -8 was gone to zero and everything seems fine in the map connections window now, but the tiles are still appearing like they were

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, I just inserted a new map, and when Advancemap inserts a new map is uses the one you were already one, then I just changed the map connections and voila, everythings fine again. Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated
No Problem, just glad I could help.
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
slawter666

I tried adding another map connection to the new map, but below rather than above this time and more glitchy tiles appear but this time they were mainly water ones, but I removed the map connection and everything was fine again.

I did though get two more problems after I did that:

but they seemed to have stopped now
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

Nature: Relaxed
I need help changing the ruby and sapphire world map.
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Shadow Dawn
A New Dawn

Nature: Brave
Hi everybody. I have a rather simple question (I think). I'm trying to create an original Team Rocket hack. Basically, I want to know how I can change the player sprite.
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:07 PM
icychill66

I'm looking for a debugger for ASM hacking. VBA-SDL-H doesn't work on my computer. It starts to load the ROM, but then it just crashes... I'm using Windows XP, too. Are there any other debuggers people use, or does anyone know why it might not be working for me? Thanks

EDIT: After much toiling and pulling of hair, I have managed to get it to work

Last edited by icychill66; June 21st, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

Nature: Relaxed
Shadow Dawn:

To change a battle sprite use unLz gba, and if you want to change the overworld sprite (the little character you move) use the Overworld Sprite Editor.

On to my question,
When you move downward (walking) is the sprite's head supposed to go up and down?

DBZ Signature by x Necromorph x
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Orinjmate
The Orinj of the Mate

Nature: Calm
I'm wondering how to make a script delete itself (aka you cannot activate it more than once)
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
Vince_27
Back to PC and Rom Hacking

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vince_27
Hey guys I have some problems on using Cyclone, everytime I open it it show me this error:

I'm working on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Old June 21st, 2010, 03:52 PM
sonlen
Hacking Noob

Quote:
I tried adding another map connection to the new map, but below rather than above this time and more glitchy tiles appear but this time they were mainly water ones, but I removed the map connection and everything was fine again.

I did though get two more problems after I did that:

but they seemed to have stopped now
So is it working now, or post a screenie of what the issue is and also the map in A-Map showing the whole program.
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Shadow Dawn
A New Dawn

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosophoros View Post
Shadow Dawn:

To change a battle sprite use unLz gba, and if you want to change the overworld sprite (the little character you move) use the Overworld Sprite Editor.
Thanks, but the Overworld Sprite Editor simply edits the sprite. I need to change the Player Sprite so it's the character you play as throughout the game.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
ดูดดื่ม
Hello! Im from Thailand.

Excuse me. Beginners guide to me.

I'm having trouble making tilemap. (Ruby Version)

h ttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4435/45sdf5ad.png >> Sorry I do not have to post 15 messeges.

I can edit part should meet.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:59 AM
yukitor
~*~*awesome*~*~

Nature: Lonely
COMDLG32.OCX is apparently missing on my computer. It's a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, and most Pokemon editing tools require it.. are there any tools that don't require it at all?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dawn View Post
Thanks, but the Overworld Sprite Editor simply edits the sprite. I need to change the Player Sprite so it's the character you play as throughout the game.
May I ask what you are asking? The overworld sprite editor edits the sprites, even the player OW. I'm confused as to what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ดูดดื่ม View Post
Excuse me. Beginners guide to me.

I'm having trouble making tilemap. (Ruby Version)

h ttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4435/45sdf5ad.png >> Sorry I do not have to post 15 messeges.

I can edit part should meet.

Thanks in advance.
There are tutorials for that. Go look around in the Tutorials section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukitor View Post
COMDLG32.OCX is apparently missing on my computer. It's a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, and most Pokemon editing tools require it.. are there any tools that don't require it at all?
Search for a download on Google (google "comdlg32.ocx" and some links will probably appear) and put it in the folder with the tools that require it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosophoros View Post
On to my question,
When you move downward (walking) is the sprite's head supposed to go up and down?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinjmate View Post
I'm wondering how to make a script delete itself (aka you cannot activate it more than once)
Checkflags; you can find out about them in tutorials. A script cannot "delete" itself, per sé, but it can see if it already activated and not activate again.

Last edited by Vrai; June 22nd, 2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: other questions
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
yukitor
~*~*awesome*~*~

I tried putting the file in with the tools. It doesn't work.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:46 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
Checkflags; you can find out about them in tutorials. A script cannot "delete" itself, per sé, but it can see if it already activated and not activate again.
I hate to burst your bubble Jake but that method is a little outdated. I don't blame you, though, since all the tutorials teach it. Then again, is it really outdated if hardly anyone knows the better way of doing it?

Anyways, a better way to do it is similar to the method used in level scripts. Don't use any compares or checkflags (unless the script is supposed to run more than once) but at the end, set a flag or increase the value of a variable. Then put that variable in the "Var Number" box for that script in AdvanceMap. The script will only run if the value contained in the variable/flag in the "Var Number" box is exactly equal to the value in the "Var Value" box. That way, the script runs the first time but at the end of the script, the variable is increased so that it won't run again. Yes, using 4050 for every single script will work fine for the most part but that means that every time the player steps on a tile with a script event, it will run that script. Even if it only performs a checkflag and then terminates, it still creates a little blip and it's also responsible for the glitch which causes the box with the current map's name on it to suddenly disappear if the script is too close to the edge of a map.

Brother of Vrai
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Binary
え?

@yukitor:
Try downloading vb6runtime files.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
yukitor
~*~*awesome*~*~

@Binary
I did that already.. yet it still does not work.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Nosman
I'm with stupid ^

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nosman Send a message via Skype™ to Nosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukitor View Post
I tried putting the file in with the tools. It doesn't work.
Dude you need to put the COMDLG32.OCX file in your system folder not the program folder just go to your C: drive>windows>system

(\__/)
(='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!

GAMES I SUPPORT
Spoiler:

Last edited by Nosman; June 22nd, 2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
yukitor
~*~*awesome*~*~

Nosman, I've tried that aswell.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links