The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9

Advertise here
I'm having trouble to make the start of the journey in R/S/E be like FR, for example, starting off in your bedroom without going threw all the truck crap. Could someone tell me how to do this, as I've tried loads of tools.
Old July 18th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
By using the stamp function, you can copy the tiles from the map, and it will copy all the movement permissions that are associated with that tile. For example, if you put a tree on the map, and made it's movement permissions, then used the stamp, ALT=CLICK AND DRAG, I believe, and put it on your map. Then, the movement permissions that you set earlier will be applied to that stamp, and you won't have to do as much!
Yes, but if you would just re-read my post, you'd notice that I said to do this without using the stamp function.
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Doomsaloto
Learning to be Pr0

Nature: Adamant
Okay, I have a somewhat large problem. I am unable to view when clicking 'view script' in Advance Map. Yes, I've specified my script editor, it is XSE, and when pressing view script XSE will just open up and display a blank script, no matter what event/script I try and open. I can edit scripts I've saved and write new scripts just fine, it's just viewing scripts already compiled into the ROM that's giving me trouble. Does anybody know whats causing this problem and how to fix it?
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
I'm having trouble to make the start of the journey in R/S/E be like FR, for example, starting off in your bedroom without going threw all the truck crap. Could someone tell me how to do this, as I've tried loads of tools.
One easy way would be to remap the truck so it looks like your bedroom,
and change the warps. :3

EDIT:
Now for my question:
where, If there are any, can I find ripped RSE tiles?

Last edited by chrunch; July 18th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cardboard Roof
PokéROM Hacker

Nature: Hardy
I am having aproblem with my PROF OAK script. I havnt changed anything except the text but heres the problem:

I took the original PROF OAK PALLET TOWN script (hey wait! dont go out!) and moved it over X amount of spaces to the right, i also moved OAK and his lab the same X amount of spaces so there was practically no difference except for there positions. However now when i stand on the script the game just freezes except for the music. (sorry for long post) is there any way i can fix this?
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Doomsaloto
Learning to be Pr0

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Roof View Post
I am having aproblem with my PROF OAK script. I havnt changed anything except the text but heres the problem:

I took the original PROF OAK PALLET TOWN script (hey wait! dont go out!) and moved it over X amount of spaces to the right, i also moved OAK and his lab the same X amount of spaces so there was practically no difference except for there positions. However now when i stand on the script the game just freezes except for the music. (sorry for long post) is there any way i can fix this?
I think you might be having the same problem with motion scripts I was having. The game will just freeze if you don't set the Unknown and Var Numbers on your scripts for motion. In advance map, set the scripts for the tiles you step on to Unknown: 0003 and Var Number: 4050. I think that might do it.
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
Hi everyone i need help im looking for an emerald tileset to patch onto my Rom but i cant seem to find one plz give me a link thnks

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Pandaren
Beginning Trainer

Here's a super-simple question:

How should I start hacking if I haven't got much experience in it?
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:23 AM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaren View Post
Here's a super-simple question:

How should I start hacking if I haven't got much experience in it?
It is call learning. Simple as that.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
Hi everyone i need help im looking for an emerald tileset to patch onto my Rom but i cant seem to find one plz give me a link thnks
Get an Emerald ROM, take the tileset, and place it in the game you want. It's slightly more complicated, but I want to finish this post fast.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

Hey guys, just wondering what is a good point in my hack to start a thread on here at?
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

Nature: Relaxed
Probably after developing a storyline and characters.

DBZ Signature by x Necromorph x
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:16 PM
FireFox
Dialga Fangirl

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to FireFox Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FireFox Send a message via Yahoo to FireFox
Hi guys. Is there a way of making a trainer send out Pokémon in the correct order?

EG:
In A-Trainer, it's setup as (class is 'PKMN TRAINER'):
'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11

In-game, depending on your level, it sends the order thus:

'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9

Someone once told me to turn the AI of the Pokémon down to 0, they're all on 0. Advice please. Thank you :)
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
Hi guys. Is there a way of making a trainer send out Pokémon in the correct order?

EG:
In A-Trainer, it's setup as (class is 'PKMN TRAINER'):
'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11

In-game, depending on your level, it sends the order thus:

'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9

Someone once told me to turn the AI of the Pokémon down to 0, they're all on 0. Advice please. Thank you
It depends on the Pokémon you use in battle against trainers.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

by develop a story do you mean ideas-wise or actually making the hack wise?

I've inserted most of the fakemon, most of the tiles are inserted, and the first few maps and scripts are done, aswell as the majority of the storyline, would you say im ready to make a thread?

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

Sure, I mean most of the hacks I see posted in the progressing hacks section have a long ways to go.

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosophoros View Post
Sure, I mean most of the hacks I see posted in the progressing hacks section have a long ways to go.
Okay i'll work on that tomorrow, thanks :D

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cardboard Roof
PokéROM Hacker

Thankyou Doomsaloto for your help.
Now i have another problem :/

The OAK scripts works perfectly, except for the fact that OAK himself doesnt actually walk up to you... or maybe he does, but hes invisible. I really cant figure this one out. How do I make him show up? Once again nothing has been changed except positions and what he says.
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
FireFox
Dialga Fangirl

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to FireFox Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FireFox Send a message via Yahoo to FireFox
Thanks Heart's Soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Roof View Post
Thankyou Doomsaloto for your help.
Now i have another problem :/

The OAK scripts works perfectly, except for the fact that OAK himself doesnt actually walk up to you... or maybe he does, but hes invisible. I really cant figure this one out. How do I make him show up? Once again nothing has been changed except positions and what he says.
Would it be showsprite 0xOAKS_ID?
Where OAKS_ID is the person event ID of Oak?
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Cardboard Roof
PokéROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
Thanks Heart's Soul.

Would it be showsprite 0xOAKS_ID?
Where OAKS_ID is the person event ID of Oak?
Im not sure... im a little new to scripting. however im using XSE if it makes a difference but i cant find that line you specified. would it be

showsprite 0x3?

Last edited by Cardboard Roof; July 19th, 2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: forgot to put in the line of script i found
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

I have another wuestion:

Is it possible that editing growth rate of a pokemon can cause it to skip a level when it evolves?
'my starter leveled up to 16, evolved, and was level 17'
It also shouldve learnt curse at Level 18, but didnt even try, how can this be cause?

Old July 19th, 2010, 02:27 PM
icychill66

I want to add Glaceon and Leafeon to my hack, but I don't want to replace any of the original Pokemon. From what I know, I need to replace the "???" after the regular pokemon with YAPE or another editor. Once I do that, Does anyone know how to extend the Pokedex? Is there a way to make it have more than 386 slots for pokemon? If I don't extend it, the game will freeze if glaceon or leafeon is caught.
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:54 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post
I want to add Glaceon and Leafeon to my hack, but I don't want to replace any of the original Pokemon. From what I know, I need to replace the "???" after the regular pokemon with YAPE or another editor. Once I do that, Does anyone know how to extend the Pokedex? Is there a way to make it have more than 386 slots for pokemon? If I don't extend it, the game will freeze if glaceon or leafeon is caught.
look for a pokdex order editor they usually have alot of slot
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

When I replace the ??? with a new pokemon sprite in unlz gba it only uses the light green and white colors, how do I use the new pokemon's pallette?

Old July 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Nivek15
Honest Trainer

Nature: Bold
I'm playing Crystal version and I want to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar. Since I can't trade, the only way to do that is by hacks. I tried hacking Haunter into a Gengar but it only changed the picture to a Gengar. When I battle with it it says "Gengar" but still appears as a Haunter. When I check its stats it shows a picture of a Gengar. How do I completely turn my Haunter into a Gengar while keeping all the stats and moves, but have the game treat it like an actual Gengar?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here