The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
DeathrRowe23
Beginning Trainer

Thank you very much icy chill, you got it working for me. I've been trying to figure that one out all day
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post
Just put "\v\h06" in the text you want.
Here's an example in XSE:

#org @dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= \h\06 is your rival.

This will make it say "Gary is your rival." if that is the rival's name, of course.
"[rival]" does the same thing (granted he's using XSE) and is a lot more intuitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Necromorph x View Post
When I inserted this pokemart, this little line came up behind it, how do I get rid of it?
Um, you could export the tileset, erase the line, and then reinsert it. :\

Brother of Vrai
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:10 PM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Nature: Naughty
Ya I fixed it, im slow But now the corners dont have grass, its black. How do I fix that? Sorry I just learned tile inserting today

My Favorite Legendaries
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:55 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Ya I fixed it, im slow :P But now the corners dont have grass, its black. How do I fix that? Sorry I just learned tile inserting today
You need to use the Block Editor to put some grass tiles on the lower level of the block. Though if you edited the preexisting PokéMart block, then there should already be grass there.

Brother of Vrai
Old August 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM
DeathrRowe23
Beginning Trainer

Once again, Im asking a super noobish scripting question but I just started ROM hacking less than 3 days ago, I tried looking for it in the forums, but due to my lack of understanding and terminology, I couldn't find it.

If I wanted to make the Mom character say something to me (A simple talking script) but then the next time I talk to her say something different, would I assign a flag as the first one? and do I assign the flag to a script tile in Advance map?

Sorry for asking the most simplistic of question, My questions probably aren't that interesting to answer
Old August 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
icychill66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathrRowe23 View Post
Once again, Im asking a super noobish scripting question but I just started ROM hacking less than 3 days ago, I tried looking for it in the forums, but due to my lack of understanding and terminology, I couldn't find it.

If I wanted to make the Mom character say something to me (A simple talking script) but then the next time I talk to her say something different, would I assign a flag as the first one? and do I assign the flag to a script tile in Advance map?

Sorry for asking the most simplistic of question, My questions probably aren't that interesting to answer
Yes. You must set a flag and check it in the script. However, you don't need a script tile for this. Here's an example. Let's say that the flag 0x1220 is set when you talk to OAK.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1220
if 0x1 goto @secondmessage // this means "if 0x1220 is set, jump to @secondmessage
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @secondmessage
msgbox @2
release
end

#org @1
= Come back after you talk to Oak.

#org @2
= You talked to Oak!
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:41 AM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Nature: Naughty
Ok I fixed it, when I put a tile in Infranview and decrease the color depth to 16 colors it messes up the tile, and puts dots everywhere. Whats up with that?

My Favorite Legendaries
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Ok I fixed it, when I put a tile in Infranview and decrease the color depth to 16 colors it messes up the tile, and puts dots everywhere. Whats up with that?
The tile might have too many colors.
Try fixing it up a little in Paint and try indexing it again.
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Or dithering is set on. When you select "Decrease Color Depth", there is an option for Auto Dither. Turn that off when you select the amount of colours for the pallette.

Or both.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM
rstar095
Baby Seal Clubber

Nature: Serious
is there any way to extract maps and pokemon data from yape out of a game and insert it to another cause my game is a f****ed up and there are some stuff i dont want to do over again

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
How is time read from ruby? I'm assuming it would be a writebytetooffset because that's what it is or firered with the day and night system, but I don't know which byte to write (that rhymes!) to which offset, and I need it for day and night animations.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar095 View Post
is there any way to extract maps and pokemon data from yape out of a game and insert it to another cause my game is a f****ed up and there are some stuff i dont want to do over again
With Maps, you can save them as .map files (along with their tilesets, palettes and blocksets), and import them all into the new ROM. I've done this about times with my hack, thankfully I haven;'t needed to lately, though.
With Pokemon data, however, I don't think YAPE has an "export" option. Unforunately, you'll have to do that again.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
How is time read from ruby? I'm assuming it would be a writebytetooffset because that's what it is or firered with the day and night system, but I don't know which byte to write (that rhymes!) to which offset, and I need it for day and night animations.
In Ruby, the current time is stored at '0x03000460'. Keep in mind that it's stored in Binary-Coded Decimal. You can find the hex values somewhere else in the RAM but I don't know the address for Ruby.

Brother of Vrai
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar095 View Post
You've already gotten an answer on maps, and I can address the YAPE Problem.
Unfortunatly, YAPE does not have an EXPORT function, BUT, if you know how to use a Hex Editor, an hadn't re-pointed any data, you COULD go to the offsets where all of the different sets of data are and copy/overwrite them to your new ROM...
You'd have to visit several offsets in order to get the info, but you COULD do it.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
Bu-bu-bum-bu-bum-bum-bu-bu-bum-bum BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMP!
Seriously though, I havent found anything on this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Hacker View Post
Is there any possible way of editing the text that you get whenever you are deafeated. The text that appears in the black screen that reads: "You protect your fainted Pokemon from further harm" or something.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Bu-bu-bum-bu-bum-bum-bu-bu-bum-bum BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMP!
Seriously though, I havent found anything on this yet.
You could simply use A-Text...
If that doesn't work for you for some reason try using a Hex Editor to search for the text in the ROM.
(That is, if you have a Table file using HEX editor, if not you'll have to translate the text into HEX, then search the HEX in your rom...)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Is there any possible way of editing the text that you get whenever you are deafeated. The text that appears in the black screen that reads: "You protect your fainted Pokemon from further harm" or something.
In Fire Red, the text is located at '0x41B5B6'. There is a copy of the text directly above it but changing it doesn't appear to make any difference in-game. Though I suppose it couldn't hurt to edit both just in case. Oh, and in case you want to repoint, I found the pointer to the that text at '0x07F578' (and the pointer to the copy is at '0x07F53C').

Brother of Vrai
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
Okay, thanks guys it all works perfectly.
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Drithlan
Self Proclaimed Cartographer

Nature: Relaxed
When making your own rom hack how should you set the offsets for the scripts?

Should I place the scripts as I go? or Should I clump similar scripts together? Should I offer a sacrifice to the gaming gods? I don't know!

Please know....

I am willing to take requests for maps.
But before you go PMing me I want to let you know that I am still learning how to map.
Here (http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/ROM%20Hacks/) is a link to My album Feel free to review and/or comment my work before requesting.
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Champion Shadow
Beginning Trainer

in advance map i've noticed that if you edit a map like the entrances to the underground path in firered or the pkmn centres that all maps the same will change along with it. is there a way to get around this?
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
How would i go about editing the trainer card?

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:17 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora's Nobody View Post
How would i go about editing the trainer card?
Can you please be a little more specific? What part of the Trainer Card are you trying to edit?

Brother of Vrai
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Looking for the UNLZ offsets for the sevii island world maps, battle backgrounds and the battle box (where the hp/exp bar are)
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Surmonter
Hear No Evil

Nature: Quirky
Is there a mapping tool for R/S/E/FR/LG that randomizes the Pokemon on the route (or is there a way to do it in Advanced Map?)

Kind of like on Crystal Map you can view the Pokemon, put it the level range you want, then hit the Randomize button and it will put random Pokemon on the route in your level range. Any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi.
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Where can I find a detailed list of UNLZ offsets?

Sponsored Links