The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid Die View Post
Quick question:

I have a new map that I created for an extra indoor area. However, the border block is 3x3 rather than 2x2, which I believe is normal for indoor maps. The bottom half of the border block is filled with a random tile (not black), while the other half is normal. Whenever I change the bottom tiles and save, I go back to the map and the bottom tiles are still glitched.

Any idea what is causing this?
Sometimes in A-map, the tiles look different than in VBA. If I recall right there are only one or two block that are actually black in game, but there are lots that look black. right click on one of the working black blocks outside of the border block, and then use that to fill the bad border blocks
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Shadowkoga
Beginning Trainer

I was testing my game and i noticed when my pokemon start evolving. It starts normally, but then it stops and says: ...?
I`m not sure what i did wrong, so does any of you know what i might of did wrong?
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
NintendoBoyDX
Togepi

Seems like you screwed something with the evolution info, try using an evolutioneditor and adding the data in for the particular pokemon that's not evolving correctly.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Shadowkoga
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoBoyDX View Post
Seems like you screwed something with the evolution info, try using an evolutioneditor and adding the data in for the particular pokemon that's not evolving correctly.
I tried re-editing with PA and yape, but there not working.
I tried to replace them, but it didn`t work.
But the problem is cyndaquil is not evolving, which i deleted the evolution info and replaced it (it was an acsident), but meditate which i haven`t been working on also doesn`t evolve.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkoga View Post
I tried re-editing with PA and yape, but there not working.
I tried to replace them, but it didn`t work.
But the problem is cyndaquil is not evolving, which i deleted the evolution info and replaced it (it was an acsident), but meditate which i haven`t been working on also doesn`t evolve.
In FireRed, I think you first need a National Dex in order to evolve both the Johto and Hoenn PKMN.
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
I set a flag, set the Person ID of a person event with the same flag, but the person didn't disappear when I entered the map. Isn't it supposed to disappear?

Yellow: Complete
Crystal:
Complete
Sapphire: Not Started
Cherrim: Not Started
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
I set a flag, set the Person ID of a person event with the same flag, but the person didn't disappear when I entered the map. Isn't it supposed to disappear?
Did you use hidesprite?
Spoiler:
hidesprite 0x[people # to hide]

You can use the setflag after this. And is it supposed to be a level script?
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab View Post
Sometimes in A-map, the tiles look different than in VBA. If I recall right there are only one or two block that are actually black in game, but there are lots that look black. right click on one of the working black blocks outside of the border block, and then use that to fill the bad border blocks

Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't work... This is really odd. I created this map, I didn't recycle it from a previously used one, so could that maybe be part of the problem?
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't work... This is really odd. I created this map, I didn't recycle it from a previously used one, so could that maybe be part of the problem?
You're probably using a transparent palette as the border block. Black is pretty easy to spot in some palettes. A little border block editing should deal with the problem.
I don't get what you mean by 'recycle'.
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary View Post

Did you use hidesprite?
Spoiler:
hidesprite 0x[people # to hide]

You can use the setflag after this. And is it supposed to be a level script?
Well, it was in a script in a different map. Should I put hidesprite in the level script?

Crystal:
Complete
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer

So here's my problem a little more in depth.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the border block is completely messed up...

Even after I edit the border to be all black, using the correct tiles, it still glitches.

Spoiler:

So as you can see, I have no idea what's going on

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Quote:
So here's my problem a little more in depth.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the border block is completely messed up...

Even after I edit the border to be all black, using the correct tiles, it still glitches.

Spoiler:

So as you can see, I have no idea what's going on

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Try just expanding the map so the border can't be seen, I don't know what else to tell you...

Also a repost
Quote:
I didn't really like tiled2002, so I decided to try tile molester, but every time I start it up it has this error message comes up:
Spoiler:

How do I fix this? I redownloaded it several times, from different sites, and it still came up with this. It worked on my XP machine, but that died, and it doesn't work for me on windows 7. Thanks in advance to you future helpers!

EDIT: Also what are these? (all images found in pokemon ruby)
Spoiler:

EDIT2: does this mean we can have unowns as text like braille? (also found in ruby right next to all the other letters of the alphabet.)
Spoiler:

Last edited by sab; January 6th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:59 PM
MysticFlames
~Fedoras~

Nature: Quirky
@sab: Regarding this error...

I would first double check to make sure that the file tm.jar exist in the same folder as the exe. If it does, then also check to make sure that you have Java installed.
If you've done both, then you could also try right clicking on the exe, and selecting properties. On the window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating system right below it. Make sure it says either "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)." It should hopefully work then. =]

Now, I have a question of my own. Upon attempting to import in my intro hero sprite, I got this mess:

I would assume that this is a palette issue, but I've attempted to change the palette to no avail. Anyone know what's up?

[Tools for lazy hackers] Flight Spot Editor // pkEditor - A Script Generator
(Warning: May be loud...) // Consolation Prizes by Phoenix
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Giratina55
Trainer

Nature: Mild
What program does nintendo use to make the Pokemon cries?
I WANT TO KNOW, LIKE, NOW! :u
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticFlames View Post
@sab: Regarding this error...

I would first double check to make sure that the file tm.jar exist in the same folder as the exe. If it does, then also check to make sure that you have Java installed.
If you've done both, then you could also try right clicking on the exe, and selecting properties. On the window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating system right below it. Make sure it says either "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)." It should hopefully work then. =]

Now, I have a question of my own. Upon attempting to import in my intro hero sprite, I got this mess:

I would assume that this is a palette issue, but I've attempted to change the palette to no avail. Anyone know what's up?
Did you change the palette with APE?

VDex:
White:
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Well, it was in a script in a different map. Should I put hidesprite in the level script?
Most probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticFlames View Post

window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating

Did you take a look at >Dante<'s Tutorial?
It explains the palette editing pretty well in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina55 View Post
What program does nintendo use to make the Pokemon cries?
I WANT TO KNOW, LIKE, NOW! :u
That, you'd have to go and ask them.
But there are plenty of audio/sound related programs out there which can help you export in MIDI format.
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

In Advance Map, under the events tab if you have a new blank signpost event selected, what is the "Unknown" field for and how do I find an unused hidden ID for the "Hidden ID" field?
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:44 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
In Advance Map, under the events tab if you have a new blank signpost event selected, what is the "Unknown" field for and how do I find an unused hidden ID for the "Hidden ID" field?
I assume that it is called unknown for a reason :/

There is no way to quickly find out any of the Hidden IDs used other than writting them all down for yourself. If you wanted to find the last Hidden ID in an untouched ROM go to the last places where the player could encounter a hidden item (e.g. Sevii Island Seven). If you're creating new hidden items, just write the IDs on a notepad or something as you use them.
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Washibon
---

Ok, so I tried inserting custom tiles again.. And the same thing happened, where the tiles get squeezed vertically, and it wouldn't let me select the correct tiles.
So I did what you guys told me, I clicked "Load New Blocks"

And, well, I'd post a picture but PC won't let me. :U
Basically, everything just messes up. Lot's of other tiles become the ones I just inserted, the actual map is full of neon pink and other random colors. The whole tileset is just messed up.

Is there any way for A-Map to let me select the correct tiles without messing up the entire map?
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washibon View Post
Ok, so I tried inserting custom tiles again.. And the same thing happened, where the tiles get squeezed vertically, and it wouldn't let me select the correct tiles.
So I did what you guys told me, I clicked "Load New Blocks"

And, well, I'd post a picture but PC won't let me. :U
Basically, everything just messes up. Lot's of other tiles become the ones I just inserted, the actual map is full of neon pink and other random colors. The whole tileset is just messed up.

Is there any way for A-Map to let me select the correct tiles without messing up the entire map?
Clicking "Load New Blocks" is the right option.
Well, everything 'messing up' is actually a symptom of correct tile insertion (unless of course, the messed up tiles don't show any resemblance to tiles you just inserted).
The default tiles are going to mess up, since you just inserted new tiles ontop of them in the corresponding tileset. The neon pink and other random colors are there because they're either not set in the correct palette, or you haven't assigned correct palettes to them. This can be fixed with a little bit of block editing.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
sab
Now too much of a life.

@MysticFlames There is no .exe in this or in any other version of the download. If you mean to extract the .exe file from the .jar container, I'll try that, but last time I didn't have much luck with that...

EDIT: still no .exe anywhere...

Last edited by sab; January 7th, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:09 AM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Ok, so I tried making a desert-ish route in Fire Red, but I ran into a few problems.

1-Instead of making grass, I wanted to make the floor tile I was using for the desert floor allow you to run into Pokemon, but I just can't get it to work. The tile I used is a copy of a road tile that I copy and pasted into one of the empty spaces in the tileset, since I didn't want other maps that used that tile to have wild Pokemon there.

2-There's a sandstorm in the map, and rain in an adjacent map. If you go from the map with the sandstorm to the map with the rain, the rain's pallete get's screwed up and it becomes sand-colored.

I attached pics showing what I did with the tiles.
Attached Images
File Type: png Example.PNG‎ (148.5 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png example 2.PNG‎ (30.1 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Crystal:
Complete
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:10 AM
CCM333
Beginning Trainer

OK, so I want to stick a sprite of Mew next to Mewtwo as an event so it'd be like you walk up to the pokemon and then you battle it (like any legendary/unique pokemon). How would I go about doing this? I have a sprite of Mew.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM333 View Post
OK, so I want to stick a sprite of Mew next to Mewtwo as an event so it'd be like you walk up to the pokemon and then you battle it (like any legendary/unique pokemon). How would I go about doing this? I have a sprite of Mew.
You add a person to the map, give it the Mew sprite, find free space, find an empty flag, set the people ID to the empty flag and assign it a script like this:

lockall
cry 0x97
waitcry
wildbattle 0x97 0xLEVEL 0xITEM 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0xEMPTYFLAG
releaseall
end

There probably are some errors in the script since I don't know the commands by heart, but you should get an idea
And replace 'LEVEL', 'ITEM' and 'EMPTYFLAG'

Quote:
Ok, so I tried making a desert-ish route in Fire Red, but I ran into a few problems.

1-Instead of making grass, I wanted to make the floor tile I was using for the desert floor allow you to run into Pokemon, but I just can't get it to work. The tile I used is a copy of a road tile that I copy and pasted into one of the empty spaces in the tileset, since I didn't want other maps that used that tile to have wild Pokemon there.

2-There's a sandstorm in the map, and rain in an adjacent map. If you go from the map with the sandstorm to the map with the rain, the rain's pallete get's screwed up and it becomes sand-colored.

I attached pics showing what I did with the tiles.
First off all, remove the background byte. It should be 00, not 01.
If you set the block behaviour to 02 (Grass Animation), you will see the bottom part of the grass upon walking on it.
As for the messed up rain pallete, I suggest putting a union gate between the maps.

VDex:
White:
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Techneon View Post
First off all, remove the background byte. It should be 00, not 01.
If you set the block behaviour to 02 (Grass Animation), you will see the bottom part of the grass upon walking on it.
As for the messed up rain pallete, I suggest putting a union gate between the maps.
I already tried it with the background byte set to 00, and with the behavior set to 08, which is what the floors of caves and stuff have, but it didn't work.

Crystal:
Complete
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links