[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION) - Page 696 - The PokéCommunity Forums

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2011 (05:06 PM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by <(-.-)>:
i'm trying to hack surfing sprite (the part you ride on) in firered but i can't find it in overworld. does anyone know where it's storedi
The graphics editing tool NSE (Nameless Sprite Editor) comes with a bookmarking function.

The bookmark file that comes with NSE contains a bookmark of the surfing pokemon (The thing the player surfs on)

The cool thing is NSE lets you edit the sprite right there, no need to export/import (Unless you'd prefer it that way, in that case you can also import, as NSE supports importing and exporting of any sprite.)
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old January 9th, 2011 (01:08 AM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote originally posted by Beechlgz:
That's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, if I wanted to make a brand new hidden item, would I need to sacrifice another hidden item elsewhere in the game to use its ID, or can I make up new hidden IDs that come after the last hidden ID in the game?
So, what happens if I make up new hidden IDs, is that a bad thing? Should I sacrifice currently used hidden items instead?
Old January 9th, 2011 (02:02 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
^
i am not really sure but why not do some trial and error?
i mean, y not try using one?

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old January 9th, 2011 (02:21 AM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

It seemed to work but I don't know yet if it may have affected anything else without me knowing, that's why I'm hoping someone here might know.

Like, I'm afraid of accidentally over-writing some code I'm unaware of by using values that I'm not sure are already in use (I doubt I could keep on 'making up' hidden IDs foever, for example).
Old January 9th, 2011 (03:19 AM).
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
It seemed to work but I don't know yet if it may have affected anything else without me knowing, that's why I'm hoping someone here might know.

Like, I'm afraid of accidentally over-writing some code I'm unaware of by using values that I'm not sure are already in use (I doubt I could keep on 'making up' hidden IDs foever, for example).
The only thing you could mess up are the flags. For example, don't use 800 in Ruby for example as once you picked up the item you will have access to the party screen.

VDex:
White:
Old January 9th, 2011 (03:46 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

You can't affect anything by using new/different hidden item IDs - It is literally just making sure that you can't recieve the same thing twice and would have no connection to any other code. By making a new hidden item you won't be tampering with anything unless you go out of your way to radically change how the entire hidden item system works or something like that. If you're using Advance Map or another map editor don't worry about anything.

I believe that you can only go up to FF (256) hidden items anyway so you're not going to overwrite something important as you're going to be restricted to a certain space in the game's code.
Old January 9th, 2011 (07:52 AM).
Washibon
---

Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:
Where did you insert the new tile? I need a pic of that in Block Editor, just to see what you did. I have a feeling you may have replaced the black blocks that make up the invisible foreground by accident, but I'm not sure.
Where are those located in the tile set?

Unfortunately, I can't post pictures yet. I don't have enough posts.

I replaced the section of black blocks in the middle of the tile set. In between the beachy/sea tiles.
Old January 9th, 2011 (09:48 AM).
1st Gen FTW
We only need 151.

Quote originally posted by XeroGraviti:
Um...Fire Red DOES have more than 1 battle theme. Unless your asking for something else? If so can you be more specific?
I know it does have more than one theme, but I meant like having all of the themes there are, and then a rival theme for example because when you battle your rival it's just the regular battle theme. In other words, is there a way to have a regular battle theme, a gym leader battle theme, a champion battle theme and a rival battle theme? Or maybe even more than a rival theme?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 9th, 2011 (05:11 PM).
Metroid Die
Beginning Trainer

When I use a warp to any map that was already created in the game, it works perfectly fine. However, when I use a warp that goes to a map that I created, it restarts the ROM.

I'm using Fire Red.

Any tips on what might be going on?
Old January 10th, 2011 (08:17 AM).
abidon
Beginning Trainer

Hi,I'm new and I want to translate Pokemon Fire Red into my mother tongue language.But i haven't got any idea on how to use a hex editor.Can you help me?Please don't tell it detailed.Because I can't understand that way.Can you just show the ways with images please?Thanks by now.
Old January 10th, 2011 (09:24 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Washibon:
Where are those located in the tile set?

Unfortunately, I can't post pictures yet. I don't have enough posts.

I replaced the section of black blocks in the middle of the tile set. In between the beachy/sea tiles.
... I actually meant... Wait, did you insert fresh new tiles into the ROM? If you replaced some of those blank tiles where you said, it shouldn't do anything. My main concern is now what did you do (if you did) to the Tileset that you can open and changed in Paint.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old January 10th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
kidkouga
Beginning Trainer

Okay I'm well aware there are several tutorials on how to insert overworlds but to be honest its just not processing in my brain as well as i'd like to...I've continuously ran into problem after problem and its a real pain. I'm asking if theres anyone out there who can help me with inserting OW sprites. Right now I'm using NSE with fire red because i have more pallets that way. My major problem is all this hexing stuff which is a major hack block. So if anyone is willing to help me out one-on-one on increasing the max overworld number i'd be greatful
Old January 10th, 2011 (11:18 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by abidon:
Hi,I'm new and I want to translate Pokemon Fire Red into my mother tongue language.But i haven't got any idea on how to use a hex editor.Can you help me?Please don't tell it detailed.Because I can't understand that way.Can you just show the ways with images please?Thanks by now.
You should look around the Tutorials sub-forum to find some guides on hex editing; it may or may not be there, though (depending on what kind of hex editor you're using).
Old January 10th, 2011 (11:21 AM).
Washibon
---

Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:
... I actually meant... Wait, did you insert fresh new tiles into the ROM? If you replaced some of those blank tiles where you said, it shouldn't do anything. My main concern is now what did you do (if you did) to the Tileset that you can open and changed in Paint.
Ah, well I used the second palette I think..
The palette, when I opened it- It had the tiles at the top, and then it had a large amount of black space under. I inserted the tiles into that black space. Was I not supposed to do that? ;o;
Old January 11th, 2011 (04:11 AM).
Corroded Arceus
Pokemon Staurolite Creator

Nature: Adamant
I cannot seem to change Oak’s Dialogue from being about Bulbasaur to being about Eevee in my FireRed hack, Pokemon Staurolite. When I click on the “BULBASAUR” tab in Advanced Text, it comes up with “A:A:A” When I changed this to be about Eevee, it glitched the game up majorly, as in the Eevee I hacked to be on the Title screen instead of the Charizard was a gitched mess of pixels. I downloaded a fresh ROM, thinking it was the problem, but this ROM just had a blank space under the Bulbasaur tab, and when I typed the text I wanted into this space and tested it in the game, it just said the usual text about Bulbasaur. I have tried multiple ROMs and the problem won’t fix. Help!
Old January 11th, 2011 (04:24 AM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
I don't think you need a Hex Editor for it anyway. Just use Advance Text or a scripting program like XSE or PokeScript or any other scripting program available.
Old January 11th, 2011 (06:32 AM).
<(-.-)>
Its a penguin!

Location: Sitting in the shaddows plotting how not to pay next months rent
Nature: Relaxed
I'm inserting self made tiles (64x64) into advance map but it cuts off the far left 16x16 squares. How do you fix this?
``````I>U
``````
Old January 11th, 2011 (07:30 AM).
abidon
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for your interest Regeneration and Destiny Demon.Then if I could use Advance Text,can you tell me how to use it to change every text in pokemon fire red?
Old January 11th, 2011 (08:20 AM).
Washibon
---

Quote originally posted by Corroded Arceus:
I cannot seem to change Oak’s Dialogue from being about Bulbasaur to being about Eevee in my FireRed hack, Pokemon Staurolite. When I click on the “BULBASAUR” tab in Advanced Text, it comes up with “A:A:A” When I changed this to be about Eevee, it glitched the game up majorly, as in the Eevee I hacked to be on the Title screen instead of the Charizard was a gitched mess of pixels. I downloaded a fresh ROM, thinking it was the problem, but this ROM just had a blank space under the Bulbasaur tab, and when I typed the text I wanted into this space and tested it in the game, it just said the usual text about Bulbasaur. I have tried multiple ROMs and the problem won’t fix. Help!
Rather than changing the names in Advance Text, you can download Advance Starter and easily change Bulbasaur to Eevee.
Old January 11th, 2011 (08:29 AM).
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote originally posted by Corroded Arceus:
Try using a hex editor, like translhextion, and a table file instead.
Old January 11th, 2011 (08:37 AM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Thanks for your interest Regeneration and Destiny Demon.Then if I could use Advance Text,can you tell me how to use it to change every text in pokemon fire red?
It would be really difficult to change every bit of text in Advance Text alone, so you should use a scripting program and Advance Text both.
Use Advance Map and then go to Settings> Choose Script Editor> Then choose your program. Now you can open any script right in A-Map and then edit the dialogues, etc.
For stuff which cannot be accessed in A-Map, you should use A-Text and search for the string of text you want to change.
Old January 11th, 2011 (10:13 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Washibon:
Ah, well I used the second palette I think..
The palette, when I opened it- It had the tiles at the top, and then it had a large amount of black space under. I inserted the tiles into that black space. Was I not supposed to do that? ;o;
Well, depends. This huge space is within the 2nd tileset (pallette is different, as in, pallette are the colours) and that tileset is specific to some areas. If you add tiles there that you mean to use everywhere, it doesn't work. You need to add it to the major tileset.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old January 11th, 2011 (11:04 AM).
JustKidingYa
No, this time its for real

Nature: Docile
Can someone help me ican't script because if i try
nothing happens or the freezes HELP
-------------------
I'm to lazy to make a signiture
Old January 11th, 2011 (11:44 AM).
abidon
Beginning Trainer

Ok Thank u.But one more question.How cani create characters like:ç ş ı ğ ö ü in the text?
Old January 11th, 2011 (01:42 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by JustKidingYa:
Can someone help me ican't script because if i try
nothing happens or the freezes HELP
-------------------
I'm to lazy to make a signiture
We need more information about what is going wrong than that. Can you tell us anything specific that you are doing? In addition, is it the scripting tool or the game itself that crashes?

Ok Thank u.But one more question.How cani create characters like:ç ş ı ğ ö ü in the text?
Here's a quote from diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial:

Quote originally posted by diegoisawesome:
\h is used with hex values. Here's an example:

Quote:
Here's \hB7100!
That \hB7 is the currency sign of the Pokemon world.
So in this example, I'm going to use "$":

Quote:
Here's $100!
Here's a table of all the hex codes for each symbol:

Spoiler:
00=
01=À
02=Á
03=Â
04=Ç
05=È
06=É