Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2011 (06:39 AM).

Please, no one laugh at me, as this is my first post on the site but, when I look at the bottom of the page and I want to download the attatchments, why are they in .ips format? What do I do with these? I'm trying to put Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends on my psp gba emulator, and I'm pretty sure that I need the file to be in .gba format.

Can anyone help me?
Old March 26th, 2011 (06:56 AM).
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote originally posted by PandaHunter:
Please, no one laugh at me, as this is my first post on the site but, when I look at the bottom of the page and I want to download the attatchments, why are they in .ips format? What do I do with these? I'm trying to put Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends on my psp gba emulator, and I'm pretty sure that I need the file to be in .gba format.

Can anyone help me?
Use the Lips[ Lunar Ips ] program to patch the ips file onto a clean rom[ of what the hack stated ]
google Lips[ Lunar Ips ] to patch the ips, you should be able to find it.

Old March 26th, 2011 (07:09 AM).
fengshen113

Quote originally posted by IIMarckus:
There is a way, but it is probably not easy for a beginner.

Trainer AI (which affects how they switch Pokémon and use items) is written in Z80 assembly, the programming language Game Freak used to write the game. Here is an excerpt from a link I posted earlier:
Code:
BrockAI:
; if his active monster has a status condition, use a full heal
	ld a,[W_OPPONENTSTATUS]
	and a
	ret z
	jp AIUseFullHeal
This is a routine named “BrockAI” that checks the status of his active Pokémon. If it has no status conditions, nothing happens. Otherwise, it goes to this routine:
Code:
AIUseFullHeal:
	call $669B
	call AICureStatus
	ld a,FULL_HEAL
	jp AIPrintItemUse
This routine goes to a routine that cures the status condition, then comes back and goes to a different routine that prints the name of an item: in this case, Full Heal.

It’s extremely easy to change the name of the item being used—just use a different constant instead of FULL_HEAL here. Changing what actually happens means using some programming logic to change what routines get called when. This is not hard if you know what you’re doing.

The above code exists in the ROM. E.g., the “AIRecoverHP” routine is at offset 0x3a6da and looks like “ea 05 cf 21 e7 cf 7e ea eb ce 80 32 ea ed ce 7e ea ec ce ea ee ce 30 05 3c 77 ea ee ce 23…” in a hex editor.
Question solved. Thanks for your great help
Old March 26th, 2011 (05:15 PM).
'errything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Gold Tier

I've posted this before but didn't get the help required so i'll ask it again..

My advanced text will not open. I've watched various videos on youtube on 'how to get advanced textto work' but none have worked.

I would greatly appreciate any help given.

Thanks in advance,
TurkishDelight.

Old March 26th, 2011 (07:38 PM). Edited March 26th, 2011 by Crimson Stardust.
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Ignore my previous question also..
anyway,
Could you guys point out on the main tileset the animation is place because in-game the animation from previous tileset is showing up randomly ingame..
could you guys use the main tileset pic and point out..sorry
could i like remove the animation so it wont appear in-game?

Its not just here but all around the map, there is also other animations available like water, andmore

Old March 26th, 2011 (09:30 PM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Thrasher24:
Im using VBA w/ wireless adapter update/patch, w.e, and I cant save Fire Red In game (start/save), only save Shft+F1? Why & how can i fix it?
You need to change the save type from 64kb Flash to 128kb Flash.

Options menu > Emulator > Save Type > FLASH 128 KB
Quote originally posted by TurkishDelight:
I've posted this before but didn't get the help required so i'll ask it again..

My advanced text will not open. I've watched various videos on youtube on 'how to get advanced textto work' but none have worked.

I would greatly appreciate any help given.

Thanks in advance,
TurkishDelight.
You should tell us what operating system you're running.
Old March 26th, 2011 (10:13 PM).

Is there a way to accurately implement the PokéGear function(including radio, phone, map, and time functions) in Pokémon LF/FR?
Old March 26th, 2011 (10:57 PM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by PokéRepublic:
Is there a way to accurately implement the PokéGear function(including radio, phone, map, and time functions) in Pokémon LF/FR?
No way that has been found thus far. The only/best way would be to rewrite it, probably. And nobody really wants to do that. Since it's from a different generation it can't just be copied over. :\
Old March 27th, 2011 (02:38 AM).

Ok, well thanx. By looking into the Research and Development forum in this section. My best bet for Pokégear emulation would be: Use PKMN Emerald(or possibly use JPAN's Hacked FR engine?)
Old March 27th, 2011 (02:51 AM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by PokéRepublic:
Ok, well thanx. By looking into the Research and Development forum in this section. My best bet for Pokégear emulation would be: Use PKMN Emerald(or possibly use JPAN's Hacked FR engine?)
Probably Emerald, since it comes with the interface already, and you won't really need to add much.
Old March 27th, 2011 (03:39 AM).
Playhouse Pokemon
Crystal Tier

I can't seem to find an answer for this one,
but how do you place your own tiles onto Advance Map?
#440 Happiny
Supporter Collab January 2015
Trade Shop | Trade Review
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
paired to Perrie ✿ & Sodom
Old March 27th, 2011 (03:46 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Impo:
I can't seem to find an answer for this one,
but how do you place your own tiles onto Advance Map?
There are some really well detailed tile insertion tutorials in the Tutorials section, the one I find pretty detailed is this one.
Old March 27th, 2011 (12:44 PM).
I have returned.

Hello. I would like to replace a trainer's graphic with my own, but I can't seem to find the number in unLZ-GBA.
This is the trainer I want to replace:

I'm hacking a Fire Red rom. The original sprite uses number 45 in A-Trainer.

Old March 27th, 2011 (01:40 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Collen:
Hello. I would like to replace a trainer's graphic with my own, but I can't seem to find the number in unLZ-GBA.
This is the trainer I want to replace:

I'm hacking a Fire Red rom. The original sprite uses number 45 in A-Trainer.
I found it at 1544 in an untouched FR ROM. Search around that number and you should find it.
Old March 27th, 2011 (08:30 PM).
Divider of Zero

Is there a command in XSE to change which ow picture is on it?

For example:
I want person 1 that I'm talking to (who has lance's ow) to change their ow to the player's. is there a command that lets me do this?
Old March 27th, 2011 (08:59 PM).

hey guys. Im looking for resized BW sprites to fit GBA, does anyone know where i can find them? or how to resize, if i need to do it on my own.

Edit: @teh blazer- Maybe a hidesprite/fadescreen0x0/showsprite/fadescreen0x1 sequence would help. im not sure if that helps but its one way.
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:42 AM).
Pokemon GBA Spriter and Coder

Hey, I was wondering if I can add new moves into pokemon emerald. If not then is there a way that I can replace them? More specifically the effects of these moves?

Also Abilities. Can I make my own abilities? Can I modify the old ones? If so what do I need to do? What tools? Etc. Would REALLY appreciate it if this is possible. Very desperate for an answer.

Probably has been asked before and I apologize if so. Seems like I'm asking for a bit much. But I Haven't found anything on this forum about it and would really appreciate if I'm guided on what I need to do in order to make it possible. Making a new hack and just need to be pointed in the right direction to make it successful.
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:53 AM).
Trainer
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Gigafrost:
Hey, I was wondering if I can add new moves into pokemon emerald. If not then is there a way that I can replace them? More specifically the effects of these moves?

Also Abilities. Can I make my own abilities? Can I modify the old ones? If so what do I need to do? What tools? Etc. Would REALLY appreciate it if this is possible. Very desperate for an answer.

Probably has been asked before and I apologize if so. Seems like I'm asking for a bit much. But I Haven't found anything on this forum about it and would really appreciate if I'm guided on what I need to do in order to make it possible. Making a new hack and just need to be pointed in the right direction to make it successful.
Yes, you can fully edit attacks using A-Tack

And I do not know if editing abilities is possible, sorry.
Old March 28th, 2011 (01:43 PM).
NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!!

I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire, and i tried downloading EliteMap so i could change the Dex entries and the names of the Pokemon, but both the times i downloaded it, my antivirus picked up a Trojan from the file. Is there any way to fix that?
Old March 28th, 2011 (03:09 PM).
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by disturbedfan98:
I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire, and i tried downloading EliteMap so i could change the Dex entries and the names of the Pokemon, but both the times i downloaded it, my antivirus picked up a Trojan from the file. Is there any way to fix that?
Use YAPE it's newer than EliteMap and has more functions.
Old March 28th, 2011 (06:05 PM). Edited March 28th, 2011 by deoxys121.
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I'm currently working on a hack of Pokemon Ruby, and would like to know if there is a way to edit the badges. By that, I mean the images of the badges that appear on your trainer card after you get them. If it's a certain image number in UnLZ-GBA, I could probably figure it out if I'm just given the image number, as I have a fair deal of experience using UnLZ-GBA for sprites and title screens. If there is a tool out there somewhere to edit the badges, then that's even better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:06 PM).
Divider of Zero

I have a slightly red alert emergency that I have no idea how to fix. I figured the root of my pas questions, i had some demon clone of my hack in the same folder as mine (but it'd never show up in the "open up which ROM prompt") which i guess interfered. After i deleted the monster and move my hack outta there, it began to act strange. Everything has changed to nop (scripts, signposts, things people say when you talk to them) and when i try to change the ascript back to normal, it says "Error 63 'Bad record number' on line 2 (which is the #org thing)" and when i try to make a new script, it says the same thing but on line 1 (which is the dynamic thing). What happened? Is this some unfixable glitch?
Old March 29th, 2011 (08:22 AM).
Anime Addiction

I have a question..
i have done this many times but still it cannot work, maybe it just me..
I tried installing the d/n system, but it wont work on my ROM at all, changing the time and all, it is still the same color..
i did enable rtc on visual basic, and the way i implement the d/n system, is just load the ROM and click implement right?
don't know why it did not work for me.

Old March 29th, 2011 (08:26 AM).
Team Rocket Grunt would like to battle!
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
I have a slightly red alert emergency that I have no idea how to fix. I figured the root of my pas questions, i had some demon clone of my hack in the same folder as mine (but it'd never show up in the "open up which ROM prompt") which i guess interfered. After i deleted the monster and move my hack outta there, it began to act strange. Everything has changed to nop (scripts, signposts, things people say when you talk to them) and when i try to change the ascript back to normal, it says "Error 63 'Bad record number' on line 2 (which is the #org thing)" and when i try to make a new script, it says the same thing but on line 1 (which is the dynamic thing). What happened? Is this some unfixable glitch?
Sounds like you deleted your actual ROM and kept this "demon clone," whatever that is.

"Develop amnesia conveniently and forget everything you've heard!"
spheal clicker | rom hacking | pokémon gaia
staff antagonists collab 2015
Old March 29th, 2011 (06:02 PM).

I've tried searching for an answer both on Google and the forum, but I can't seem to find anything related to my question..

I've been having success for the most part with my hack, but now I've encountered a problem.

Advance Text, which has been working great up until now, is making the changes I want it to, but these changes are NOT registering in the actual game. The thing is, only the last few changes I've made (to Pokemon names and moves) are not showing up in the game. Those recent changes appear in both Advance Text and YAPE, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)