Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:08 AM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
In amap under the offset box is a box that says "Person ID". Just put a flag in there and that should fix your problem.
when you say put a flag in there can it be any number and also say it is the number 200 would i have to put a setflag in my script?
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:17 AM).
CrazyShooter
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Jokuc:
Thank you so much! I started the hack 2007 so.. and I've had problems with question 2 for 4 years now so I couldn't work with it

I'm sorry I thought you would understand.
If I test the game in VBA or No$Gba (something like that. Yes I always test with 2 emulators if the problem is with the emu)
and if all my Pokémon die somehow, and I'm out of pokemon the screen with text appears as usal.
But when I press A, Instead of spawning inside the pokemoncenter, I spawn here:

CINNABAR ISLAND (12.0)
X:07 Y:04

This is only when my pokemon die in a route. If they die in a house of city I come to the pkmcenter.

I'm really sorry, I didn't know how to formulate my words. I'll try agin

1. I press From Header (Which I always use)
2. I open some random map in a bank.
3. I press new map.
4. I change the map name to like 'Example', size and tile set. And then OK
5. I make my map.
6. I press Insert map.
7. I go to Create New Space and then I choose bank 3 (LG, you know) and then 1 reserved map.
Then I press Create and Insert. But now, the map's name is not Example, It's Pallet Town.
If I go to header and Edit the Name there to Example, the name Changes to Example but all Maps related to Pallet Town changes name to Example.

So, I've got preblems when I try to make a new map..
I've tried to make new maps with: 1.82, 1.92, 1.95
The same thing happens.. I've had the same problem for 4 years now :/
No one seems to know my problem.. :'(

The map I was trying to warp to was my edit of Viridian Forest. I resized it a little bit. So I shouldn't re-size existing maps..

Nvm, Just something I would like to know, not that important.
My biggest problem here is that I can't make new maps.

Alright, then I'll keepon stick to Header.

And by the way, All my problems:
I have of course tested over and over, reinstalled, restarted pc, tested other versions, other emulators, mirrors to Advance map. AND, I've also tried on another PC.
I don't know how to fix the respawn thing but quilava's master already answered you.

About the name, I just realised I get the same problem. The maps are linked (I don't mean via Connections or Warps, but in another way which I don't know). If you see below the Change Name button there is a Create name button. Mine is grey though and unpressable. If you find out how to cxreate a new name please do tell me about it.

I will try to find a way to fix the warp thing but I'll do it later since I need to go grab a snack now.
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:28 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Joshuablevins:
when you say put a flag in there can it be any number and also say it is the number 200 would i have to put a setflag in my script?
yes it can be any number that hasn't been used. And no you don't need the setflag.
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:28 AM). Edited April 6th, 2011 by Jokuc.
Jokuc
']['he Master of Horror Movies

Quote:
2. AFAIK they just rename pre-existing maps (ie. Changing Pallet Town to New Bark Town etc.) not add new map names. You can do this with A-Map by goign to the header tab and changing the name in the "Name" box. I've added more details in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

You'll see the name of the map twice. Once in a list view and another with just the name of the map. Rename the map by typing it into the second box (the one that you can edit.) If you want to chane another map name load that map name, using the list view, and change it from there.

3. Change the name of the map by using the header tab.

4. In Fr/Lg you're limited to three pieces of music to use as "encounter music". Those pieces of music are Male Encounter (which is Intro Music 0 in A-Trainer), the Female Encounter (which is Intro Music 1 & 2 in A-Trainer) and Unknown Encounter [which is used for Hikers, Evil Teams and people of that nature]. Unknown Encounter is Intro Music 3 & 6 in A-Trainer. There are other Intro Musics in A-Trainer but those are just duplicates of these three.
2. Are you sure? So what do you mean, if I create a new map, I do have to use an already existing map-name? If that's the case, I really think LU-HO should fix that. :\

Spoiler:
But I just want to show you this: /watch?v=_53WfkZpWRU
(Youtube) He is creating a new map with a new name, isn't he?

3. Yes yes, I know. But have you read post #18157?
When I change the name Pallet Town's name also changes, and I don't want that.

4. ok Thanks! I took song 3
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:46 AM).
Jokuc
']['he Master of Horror Movies

Quote:
I don't know how to fix the respawn thing but quilava's master already answered you.

About the name, I just realised I get the same problem. The maps are linked (I don't mean via Connections or Warps, but in another way which I don't know). If you see below the Change Name button there is a Create name button. Mine is grey though and unpressable. If you find out how to cxreate a new name please do tell me about it.

I will try to find a way to fix the warp thing but I'll do it later since I need to go grab a snack now.
Yeah there must be a way to make a new map with a new name..
I mean this is ADVANCE MAP 1.95, Hello??
Old April 6th, 2011 (09:45 AM).
leogrecchi

What are the flags tied to Deoxys event, and how can I make it appear at Birth Island?

I want to make him catchable in my hack, but I've messed with the script and nothing worked (unlike Mew event, which went on a breeze)
Old April 6th, 2011 (09:53 AM).
SuperMeip
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by CrazyShooter:
Sorry I had just woken up and didn't see what you said :D
Make sure your movement perimissions are valid.
C lets you walk on it
1 is for solid
4 is for surf
0 is for stairs
14 is for something located on a different level than the C or 4 surroundings
They are, that wa the first thing I checked v-v
This is driving me insane as there is no logical explanation I can find, also when you enter a building in map b then exit, map a is completely gone from sight and there are just border tiles
Old April 6th, 2011 (12:49 PM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Jokuc:
Yeah there must be a way to make a new map with a new name..
I mean this is ADVANCE MAP 1.95, Hello??
AMap 1.95 has absolutely nothing to do with the limitations of the Rom.
Old April 6th, 2011 (01:00 PM).
CrazyShooter
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by SuperMeip:
They are, that wa the first thing I checked v-v
This is driving me insane as there is no logical explanation I can find, also when you enter a building in map b then exit, map a is completely gone from sight and there are just border tiles
Did you create map A and map B or did you edit a pre existing map to end up with the map A and map B? I mean, for example, did you edit pallet town and turned it into the present state of map A/B? There seems to be a general problem when editing maps that exist in the game originally (like changing dimentions and/or tilesets). Try reinserting the maps to the same position (Same bank and map number). (Example: If you are editing a map in position 5.9 then press the insert button and go down to the option "Replace existing map" and chose bank 5 and map 9.) Reinsert both maps A and B to their current positions though.

Also the problem with going in and out of a building: make sure the warp when exiting the building takes you to the correct map and/or warp number!!
Old April 6th, 2011 (01:33 PM). Edited April 6th, 2011 by SuperMeip.
SuperMeip
Beginning Trainer

Did you create map A and map B or did you edit a pre existing map to end up with the map A and map B? I mean, for example, did you edit pallet town and turned it into the present state of map A/B? There seems to be a general problem when editing maps that exist in the game originally (like changing dimentions and/or tilesets). Try reinserting the maps to the same position (Same bank and map number). (Example: If you are editing a map in position 5.9 then press the insert button and go down to the option "Replace existing map" and chose bank 5 and map 9.) Reinsert both maps A and B to their current positions though.

Also the problem with going in and out of a building: make sure the warp when exiting the building takes you to the correct map and/or warp number!!
i created b from scrap and a from map 0.17, and then reinserted it to 34.11 and when i try to insert 34.11 to 0.17 it asks me to save a bunch of time and continues the loop untill i say no, then when i go to 0.17 i get :
advancedmaperror(5): the value at $308858 is not a pointer

edit: same thing happens when i insert it on itself
Old April 6th, 2011 (03:11 PM).
pikachick1991_22
Growluvr

Does anyone know of a hacking program that lets me change the Pokemon available to a specific personality? To be precise, I'd like to change the "brave" answer for males from Machop to Growlithe. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old April 6th, 2011 (03:52 PM).
CrazyShooter
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by SuperMeip:
i created b from scrap and a from map 0.17, and then reinserted it to 34.11 and when i try to insert 34.11 to 0.17 it asks me to save a bunch of time and continues the loop untill i say no, then when i go to 0.17 i get :
advancedmaperror(5): the value at $308858 is not a pointer

edit: same thing happens when i insert it on itself
You should chose yes when asking to save. Why would you choose no?
Old April 6th, 2011 (04:42 PM).
.Paradox
Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL

I'm trying to edit Gary's sprite on FireRed because I named him fatass, and I want to change his sprite to a fat guy. What does it mean by LZ77 compressed and how do I get it like that so that it will work correctly with unLZ?
Old April 6th, 2011 (06:42 PM).
Cold Rock
Beginning Trainer

Hi!
I'm new in hack pokémon roms, and i really need to know if i can CREATE (not edit) new maps and connect them?
My idea is create a pokémon hackrom who the player can play on kanto, johto and hoenn... (a lot of maps)

Thanks a lot
Old April 6th, 2011 (06:46 PM). Edited April 6th, 2011 by SuperMeip.
SuperMeip
Beginning Trainer

You should chose yes when asking to save. Why would you choose no?
because it infitely loops the pop up with the question untill i do

Quote originally posted by Cold Rock:
Hi!
I'm new in hack pokémon roms, and i really need to know if i can CREATE (not edit) new maps and connect them?
My idea is create a pokémon hackrom who the player can play on kanto, johto and hoenn... (a lot of maps)

Thanks a lot
in A-map go to insert, create new maps, and select new bank and chose the numer of maps, then when you make a new map, use insert, select the second option (i think it is free space or somthing) then select the map bank you made and a blank map and you will have added it to that location, then use the connections manager in a-map to deal with connections
Old April 6th, 2011 (07:05 PM).
Cold Rock
Beginning Trainer

SuperMeip:

Thanks a lot friend! :D
And another (i promisse, the last question)...hm... can i add new pokemons to the rom?
I'm thinking in hack a FireRed rom, there have just 151 pokes, right?
Can i add more without edit/delete the currently 151?

Or... if the FireRed rom have the 383 pokes (catching most of them by trading with Ruby or ShinyGold), can i add spawn for those new 232?

Sorry for bad english...

Thank you a lot friend
Old April 6th, 2011 (07:19 PM).
SuperMeip
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Cold Rock:
SuperMeip:

Thanks a lot friend! :D
And another (i promisse, the last question)...hm... can i add new pokemons to the rom?
I'm thinking in hack a FireRed rom, there have just 151 pokes, right?
Can i add more without edit/delete the currently 151?

Or... if the FireRed rom have the 383 pokes (catching most of them by trading with Ruby or ShinyGold), can i add spawn for those new 232?

Sorry for bad english...

Thank you a lot friend
You can find many tutorials on line for adding Pokemon that would explain much better than me, and yes you can use any of the 383 Pokemon anywhere in your game
Old April 6th, 2011 (07:25 PM).
Cold Rock
Beginning Trainer

SuperMeip:

Thank you a lot!
Old April 6th, 2011 (08:41 PM).
Dark pokemon
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
Hey should I make a hack using a ROM base or make my own tiles

Old April 6th, 2011 (10:51 PM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Dark pokemon:
Hey should I make a hack using a ROM base or make my own tiles
Really up to you. It's your hack, so your choice. Here's a few advantages of each side:

ROM Bases give you the tiles straight away, and often are very beautiful, but it may cause problems later on. This can involve it being difficult to insert new tiles, and some little bugs. Also, if you've already done some work on a ROM, it may remove all the work, or make it a bit buggy.

Using your own allows more individuality, as well as the possibilities near endless, yet you need to know how to tile insert or get someone to do it. There is also all the possible problems with tile inserting that need to be ironed out

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 7th, 2011 (01:35 AM). Edited April 7th, 2011 by ~Poke~.
~Poke~
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Nature: Modest
Hello everyone, returning hacker here!

Question: Is there a patch for Ruby to remove all events, maps etc? I seem to remember one, but I can't find it on my PC anywhere and several searches returned nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Old April 7th, 2011 (01:50 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by ~Poke~:
Hello everyone, returning hacker here!

Question: Is there a patch for Ruby to remove all events, maps etc? I seem to remember one, but I can't find it on my PC anywhere and several searches returned nothing.

Thanks in advance!
I don't remember one for Ruby, but there's one for FireRed.
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old April 7th, 2011 (02:05 AM).
~Poke~
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

I don't remember one for Ruby, but there's one for FireRed.
That's a shame

Well thanks anyway DG

Old April 7th, 2011 (02:09 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
I don't know if this have been ask,
since i cant go all the single post to search and i don't know what keyword to use to search for my problem.
Basically the problem i have is that i make a new map, insert it to replace Vidrian city/town/or whatever..
The problem is in-game, when i enter the map, just after a few steps the rom reset itself, and this go on every time i enter the map.
This is a troublesome problem.

Old April 7th, 2011 (03:01 AM).
Complans
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Complans:
Would there be any way to incorporate tag battles in FireRed?

This is a tag battle:

Does anybody know if it's possible...?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links