Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2011 (07:53 AM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

im replacing the pokemon sprites with heartgold soulsilver ones and for some reason it comes out like this the programs im using are infranview and photoshop elements
Attached Images
File Type: png oops.png‎ (630.7 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 12th, 2011 (09:36 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Joshuablevins:
im replacing the pokemon sprites with heartgold soulsilver ones and for some reason it comes out like this the programs im using are infranview and photoshop elements
Are you using Mareeps default palette? Or are you using it's HG?SS palette?
Old April 12th, 2011 (11:10 AM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
Are you using Mareeps default palette? Or are you using it's HG?SS palette?
hgss pallete but only 16 colors i indexed it its 64x64 and the trasparent color seemed to work is there a reason it scrambles pixels
Old April 12th, 2011 (11:26 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

hgss pallete but only 16 colors i indexed it its 64x64 and the trasparent color seemed to work is there a reason it scrambles pixels
I'm not sure but you should try using Wichu's Advanced Series tools. [Go to the toolbox] it makes inserting sprites really easy and as far as I know shouldn't produce an error liek this.
Old April 12th, 2011 (12:33 PM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
I'm not sure but you should try using Wichu's Advanced Series tools. [Go to the toolbox] it makes inserting sprites really easy and as far as I know shouldn't produce an error liek this.
is there a tutorial or any tips or rules that have been posted for this program?
Old April 12th, 2011 (01:53 PM).
Varin
Storm'd at with shot and shell

Nature: Calm
Is it possible to expand the size of the Kanto Order Pokedex in FireRed? I want to include 210 Pokemon prior to the E4, and obviously it naturally caps at 151. Is there any way to edit this?
Old April 12th, 2011 (05:03 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Varin:
Is it possible to expand the size of the Kanto Order Pokedex in FireRed? I want to include 210 Pokemon prior to the E4, and obviously it naturally caps at 151. Is there any way to edit this?
I believe it's possible through ASM.

Not an expert on ASM though...

is there a tutorial or any tips or rules that have been posted for this program?
Not that I know of, but it's really easy to use.
Just save a back-up of your ROM hack.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old April 13th, 2011 (01:29 AM).
Liquid Twilight
Super Geek

Nature: Timid
I have a few questions regarding Firered and Ruby.

Is it possible with ASM or otherwise to create new menus on the main menu screen and possible sub menus?

Also, regarding headbutting trees, I noticed not too long ago there was a tutorial on here about how to include headbutting in Firered. How would I go about using ASM to create a random outcome for that event, for example, headbutt the tree once and a Spearow falls out and then headbutt it again and a rare candy falls out?

Would I use variables for this to store a random integer?
Old April 13th, 2011 (02:35 AM). Edited April 13th, 2011 by Varin.
Varin
Storm'd at with shot and shell

In Advance Map, when editing a script, what do the variables "Var number" and "Var value" do? I have created an event, but all it does is cause the player to become incapable of motion. I don't think it is the script and all the other variables seem to be okay, so I think it has something to do with one of those two.
Old April 13th, 2011 (03:27 AM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Liquid Twilight:
I have a few questions regarding Firered and Ruby.

Is it possible with ASM or otherwise to create new menus on the main menu screen and possible sub menus?

Also, regarding headbutting trees, I noticed not too long ago there was a tutorial on here about how to include headbutting in Firered. How would I go about using ASM to create a random outcome for that event, for example, headbutt the tree once and a Spearow falls out and then headbutt it again and a rare candy falls out?

Sounds like it would be all ASM i would like to know this too

also for some of my tiles i put the background byte to 0 and it still shows the block is covered by player any ideas?
Old April 13th, 2011 (04:49 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote originally posted by Liquid Twilight:
regarding headbutting trees, I noticed not too long ago there was a tutorial on here about how to include headbutting in Firered. How would I go about using ASM to create a random outcome for that event, for example, headbutt the tree once and a Spearow falls out and then headbutt it again and a rare candy falls out?

ASM isn't needed for this part. From what I see most Headbutt scripts use the special 0xAB to call a pokemon and it doesn't it goes to an end command. You could just edit the script to go to a random giveitem command. That way if a pokemon doesn't fall out an item will.
Old April 13th, 2011 (07:07 AM). Edited April 13th, 2011 by TheSilverTrainer.
TheSilverTrainer
Beginning Trainer

Ok...I have another question.
It seems when I use Advance-Text for Pokemon Emerald, SOMETHING GOES WRONG. After I spend a few hours changing the dialogue, there is either a sound glitch, does anyone know why this keeps happening?
I use other programs such as Advance Trainer, Tilemolester, and Unlz.gba, but it seems to still work fine even when I test the game afterwards..
I test it with Gameshark codes to walk through walls and such, IDK if that's the issue, but I'm getting tired of wasting my time changing dialogue in-game then having sound errors and battle errors..

EDIT: After testing this afternoon, the tag-battle system didn't work because I only had one pokemon -shot-

But there still tends to be sound glitches...
Old April 13th, 2011 (05:11 PM).
PKMN Trainer Alison
I'll follow you into the dark.

Nature: Gentle
Okay I have no idea where to post this, but I'd rather post my problem here rather then bumping a tutorial thread.
I was following a tutorial on how to insert Pokemon sprites but my problem is whenever I insert it, its just a black silhouette in game. I've tried a billion and one things to try and fix it, even starting a new clean rom. But no matter what I do, I either make it worse (Horrible pallet, messed up chimecho etc) or it stays a silhouette.
Please help? :/ Btw, This is on Firered, if that helps.
Old April 13th, 2011 (06:04 PM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote originally posted by PKMN Trainer Alison:
Okay I have no idea where to post this, but I'd rather post my problem here rather then bumping a tutorial thread.
I was following a tutorial on how to insert Pokemon sprites but my problem is whenever I insert it, its just a black silhouette in game. I've tried a billion and one things to try and fix it, even starting a new clean rom. But no matter what I do, I either make it worse (Horrible pallet, messed up chimecho etc) or it stays a silhouette.
Please help? :/ Btw, This is on Firered, if that helps.
Can you show the screenshot of the glitched up sprite in game maybe? Maybe you had some problems in the palette? I never encountered a problem like that when I'm inserting sprites.
Old April 13th, 2011 (11:23 PM).
PKMN Trainer Alison

Quote originally posted by Zeffy:
Can you show the screenshot of the glitched up sprite in game maybe? Maybe you had some problems in the palette? I never encountered a problem like that when I'm inserting sprites.
Old April 14th, 2011 (12:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

This is pretty nice I gotta say xD
Well anyway... have you really done everything according to tutorial?
First... Have you tried to replace different sprite? Chimecho and Castform are very hard to replace...
Well let's say it does not matter... by doing everything according to tutorial. I mean have you indexed the sprite correctly?
And has it same pallete as Chimecho? Or have you imported its pallete?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 14th, 2011 (12:34 AM).
PKMN Trainer Alison

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
This is pretty nice I gotta say xD
Well anyway... have you really done everything according to tutorial?
First... Have you tried to replace different sprite? Chimecho and Castform are very hard to replace...
Well let's say it does not matter... by doing everything according to tutorial. I mean have you indexed the sprite correctly?
And has it same pallete as Chimecho? Or have you imported its pallete?
I'm pretty sure I followed the tutorial correctly, I've also imported other sprites in the past with no little problems.
It doesn't have the same pallet, I used the export pallet tick box thing.
Old April 14th, 2011 (04:56 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
hey, i learning to insert tittlescreen, but i still have not really mastered it but i do have one problem,
this,

The one i circle in red, it does not actually suppose to be there, and it only occurs in-game..
how do i fix it?
and i am very sure i will encounter more problem in future..haha

Old April 14th, 2011 (11:46 AM). Edited April 14th, 2011 by Hopeless Masquerade.
Hopeless Masquerade
すきま妖怪
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Crimson Stardust:
hey, i learning to insert tittlescreen, but i still have not really mastered it but i do have one problem,
this,

The one i circle in red, it does not actually suppose to be there, and it only occurs in-game..
how do i fix it?
and i am very sure i will encounter more problem in future..haha
Well, the image you imported needs to be less the 240x160 pixels. So, remove all the repeated tiles (like a puzzle), and set up the tile map using the new image. (Sorry, not good at explaining things )

Now my question.
Okay, every time now, I've been trying to insert a ts background, and every time it isn't working. It comes out fragmented and stuff. So, is this a glitch with unLZ or NTME?
Old April 14th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
bwb234
Beginning Trainer

Is there a way to insert a fakemon into a hack without replacing a pokemon?
Old April 14th, 2011 (06:03 PM).
Swellow rules
Beginning Trainer

For some reason whenever I enter ROUTE 1 in my ROM hack the game freezes. I added 2 person events to ROUTE 1, Gary and Mew and found that Mew wouldn't turn right so I changed it so that Mew was facing down and Gary was facing up. A went to check if had worked and my game froze upon entry to ROUTE 1. I deleted the person events but the game still freezes when you go to ROUTE 1. Can you help me?
Old April 14th, 2011 (07:31 PM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

so i finally found out what the bug was its not a bug or glitch i added the fire red hacked rom engine does anybody know how to make a set healing place script for the pokemon centers or can somebody give me an example and explain it to me?
Old April 14th, 2011 (08:21 PM).
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
How do I change what the professor says after selecting New Game in Pokémon Emerald?
Old April 14th, 2011 (08:45 PM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by mucus:
How do I change what the professor says after selecting New Game in Pokémon Emerald?
You have two options what you can do is translate what he says into hex take that hex code for his dialog and search for it in a hex editor and edit it like that or use a-text and edit it in there
Old April 14th, 2011 (09:05 PM).
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
Where can I find a-text? I don't think I see it in the tool box. . .
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links