The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PARADOX- View Post
Ok no-one seemed to answer me the last time, so here it goes attempt number 2 at trying to get help with my problem!!!!
In the following screenshot you will see that the players overworld has got lines running through it! Csn someone please tell me how to fix this....

Oh btw it got the lines when i inserted the female players overworlds and she too also has the same problem.

P.S Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer....
I know I didn't respond because "Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer...." makes you sound like a self-righteous child.

Anyway, it probably has something to do with the way you inserted it, so why don't you tell us how you did that? It looks like it's a 256 color image, only using 16 colors, so what would normally be the 2nd color is just a zero. Is it all indexed properly?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:20 AM
pokemon1412
Beginning Trainer

I have a little question about marowak "ghost" in pokemon tower...

Is it possible to change marowak "ghost" into different species and edit its level...?

I edited green script in that map, but it didn't work at all...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:33 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon1412 View Post
I have a little question about marowak "ghost" in pokemon tower...

Is it possible to change marowak "ghost" into different species and edit its level...?

I edited green script in that map, but it didn't work at all...
JPAN's hacked engine allows you to do that, if I'm not mistaken.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:20 AM
-PARADOX-
Overworld Spriter :)

Nature: Relaxed
sorry if the screen wasnt viewable... the overworlds basicallsy have transparent lines running through them :/
Ehm yeah i can say what i done
first i got the overworlds
converted them to 16 colours
changed the transparent colour to the first
used overworld changer and resized the overworlds to 32x32
then i inserted the overworlds with overworld editor

all the rest of the overworlds worked perfect and they followed the same method :/ just the hero and heroine overworlds wont.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Beyond View Post
I've been thinking about trying to get a netbook in order to make use of some PC-oriented programs that my Mac isn't compatible with, such as just about every hacking tool I've come across. However, I don't know what system requirements I should be looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations for things like RAM and hard drive space in relation to the best hacking programs? For instance, does a certain program work better under certain circumstances (in terms of hardware/processors/what have you)?

Also, I've been having trouble with patching. Is there a way to obtain a ROM that has already been patched with a completed hack? The one I was working with was Flora Sky.

Thanks for your help.
Well Darthatron answered the first part of your question good enough so about the second, Im guessing your having problems with patching Flora Sky because you dont have the right base. You need the "Pokemon Emerald TrashMan" rom. Google would be your best friend for that matter.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Zepp710
Fearaligatr

Could someone please give me advice on how to get XSE and Advance Map running on my mac. I REALLY want to start making my own rom hack. Do u know if AppleScript would work? Sorry i am a noob at doing stuff like this but i program in C, C++, Python, and a little Objective C
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp710 View Post
Could someone please give me advice on how to get XSE and Advance Map running on my mac. I REALLY want to start making my own rom hack. Do u know if AppleScript would work? Sorry i am a noob at doing stuff like this but i program in C, C++, Python, and a little Objective C
You need to emulate Windows to get XSE or Advance Map working. WINE can do the job perfectly well.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
jota_rdk
Spanish hacker [Javi4315]

Nature: Timid
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has offered the code of one of their tools. The XSE code download is not working. Is there any other tool?

My tutorials:

Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Zepp710
Fearaligatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
You need to emulate Windows to get XSE or Advance Map working. WINE can do the job perfectly well.
I have WINE downloaded and it runs things like pokemon online. should i select run in bottles? or directly?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
link12552
just tired, that's all

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PARADOX- View Post
sorry if the screen wasnt viewable... the overworlds basicallsy have transparent lines running through them :/
Ehm yeah i can say what i done
first i got the overworlds
converted them to 16 colours
changed the transparent colour to the first
used overworld changer and resized the overworlds to 32x32
then i inserted the overworlds with overworld editor

all the rest of the overworlds worked perfect and they followed the same method :/ just the hero and heroine overworlds wont.
I think I may have found the solution, at-least maybe...
-and the best part is that...
you get to use NSE.

In NSE, open up the hero's preferences (Edit > Preferences) , and try changing the Animation from:
player to standard...

Make sure you are in INDEX mode, and save.

Seems to work for the most part.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
can i use an animated gif as a titlescreen?

EDIT: to make myself more clear, can i do it on a fire red rom? just wanna know first before i go to the trouble off making it

Last edited by DVK; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
I have WINE downloaded and it runs things like pokemon online. should i select run in bottles? or directly?
I honestly have no idea. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jota_rdk View Post
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has offered the code of one of their tools. The XSE code download is not working. Is there any other tool?
http://www.andreasartori.net/hackmew...XSE_Source.zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
can i use an animated gif as a titlescreen?

EDIT: to make myself more clear, can i do it on a fire red rom? just wanna know first before i go to the trouble off making it
In a round about way, yes. But it's really not very easy. It's been done, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuetDQEUqKQ

It requires ASM hacking, which is very advanced.

Last edited by Darthatron; April 22nd, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 04:06 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

I'm my making my own pokemon ruby hack but now I'm only changing pokedex (inserting new sprites, edit stats in YAPE, etc...). I want to make Honchkrow (in place of remoraid, if that matters). I want to make Murkrow's evolution into Honchkrow using Dusk Stone. I made it in thethethethe's Item Editor sacrificing tinymushroom (changed name and description). Then I opened Evolution Editor Pro and gave Murkrow dusk stone for evolution. Everything was great but in game I cannot use dusk stone. I think it's beacause of tinymushroom's effect - only for selling. My question: how can I change tinymushroom effect to evolution stones (fire, water, thunder, leaf...). I think it'll be hard to do that but please reply. If you can, please also make some kind of "tutorial". Do not write "in hex editors" unless you do not tell me how to do that...
Sorry for my english if something's wrong...

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:57 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
I'm my making my own pokemon ruby hack but now I'm only changing pokedex (inserting new sprites, edit stats in YAPE, etc...). I want to make Honchkrow (in place of remoraid, if that matters). I want to make Murkrow's evolution into Honchkrow using Dusk Stone. I made it in thethethethe's Item Editor sacrificing tinymushroom (changed name and description). Then I opened Evolution Editor Pro and gave Murkrow dusk stone for evolution. Everything was great but in game I cannot use dusk stone. I think it's beacause of tinymushroom's effect - only for selling. My question: how can I change tinymushroom effect to evolution stones (fire, water, thunder, leaf...). I think it'll be hard to do that but please reply. If you can, please also make some kind of "tutorial". Do not write "in hex editors" unless you do not tell me how to do that...
Sorry for my english if something's wrong...

PLEASE HELP!!!
Sadly it's not simple to do so. There are several checks in place to see if it's an evolution item. To find them requires you to reverse engineer the game's engine. Needless to say, it's not easy work.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
jota_rdk
Spanish hacker [Javi4315]

Nature: Timid
If I use the special 0xBC, Pokémon party will be opened, and if I use special2 0x8005 0xBA, it will check what Pokémon I choosed. But, Are there any way of knowing the level of chosen pokémon?

My tutorials:

Old April 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Zepp710
Fearaligatr

OK so i got advance map to work somehow. i opened it in a different bottle or something but XSE still doesn't work. SCREW YOU MAC
Old April 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
I've inserted seasons with DNS,but how do I change the effects?
like in winter the trees are white and it's snowing,or a different tree,How?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Sadly it's not simple to do so. There are several checks in place to see if it's an evolution item. To find them requires you to reverse engineer the game's engine. Needless to say, it's not easy work.
So it's too hard for me. But do you know where to find help? I still want to evolve by stone. If not, I'll use evolution by trade with item... and add guy that says: "In this game dusk stone, shiny stone and dawn stone cannot be used normally. To evolve pokemon you need to give a stone to pokemon and then make trade with friend" (friend to make game more realistic)
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Hmm this is a bit of a complex question. Everytime I battle a minun in my hack the game freezes when it uses a damage dealing move [music keeps playing but the attack animation never happens and it just hangs there saying Minun used Quick Attack]. This is only with minun not plusle or any other pokemon in hack. Would anyone happen to know why?

Edit: Would anyone happen to know where the tables for a pokemon is located? like the table that dictates their attacks and things of that nature

Last edited by Quilava's Master; April 23rd, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Originally Posted by jota_rdk View Post
If I use the special 0xBC, Pokémon party will be opened, and if I use special2 0x8005 0xBA, it will check what Pokémon I choosed. But, Are there any way of knowing the level of chosen pokémon?
It depends on the game you're hacking, but yes it's possible using the "readbytefromoffset" command, and getting the level from the RAM.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Generation_III
Quote:
OK so i got advance map to work somehow. i opened it in a different bottle or something but XSE still doesn't work. SCREW YOU MAC
Damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
So it's too hard for me. But do you know where to find help? I still want to evolve by stone. If not, I'll use evolution by trade with item... and add guy that says: "In this game dusk stone, shiny stone and dawn stone cannot be used normally. To evolve pokemon you need to give a stone to pokemon and then make trade with friend" (friend to make game more realistic)
Trying looking in the Research and Development section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Hmm this is a bit of a complex question. Everytime I battle a minun in my hack the game freezes when it uses a damage dealing move [music keeps playing but the attack animation never happens and it just hangs there saying Minun used Quick Attack]. This is only with minun not plusle or any other pokemon in hack. Would anyone happen to know why?

Edit: Would anyone happen to know where the tables for a pokemon is located? like the table that dictates their attacks and things of that nature
Nope. Sorry.

Base Stats: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...on_III#Storage
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
Johto_legend
Smoochum

Quote:
from personal experience, i suggest using vmware, or another program that emulates windows. i tried using a program called crossover, but only advancemap worked. so your best shot is to get vmware or parallels.

P.S- Sometimes the programs need the newest .net framework. make sure u got the lastest one.

Hacking Innovation - Recruiting! Experienced Fakemon Spriters Needed!!!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert View Post
I've inserted seasons with DNS,but how do I change the effects?
like in winter the trees are white and it's snowing,or a different tree,How?
repeating this,because I really need an answer.
and another question,ho do you edit the 'hero is halfway underwater' OAM?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Swellow rules
Beginning Trainer

Question: Is it possible to add a new weather effect (i.e. Snow, Meteor Shower) with an over world effect and if possible an in battle effect (though in battle effect isn't necessary)?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swellow rules View Post
Question: Is it possible to add a new weather effect (i.e. Snow, Meteor Shower) with an over world effect and if possible an in battle effect (though in battle effect isn't necessary)?
It's possible, but would be EXTREMELY difficult to do. You would need to hack the games engine via ASM. It's the single most advanced form of ROM hacking there is.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Swellow rules
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
It's possible, but would be EXTREMELY difficult to do. You would need to hack the games engine via ASM. It's the single most advanced form of ROM hacking there is.
Maybe I'll try it when I become an advanced ROM hacker. Also how do you expand a ROM so there's more space.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here