Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2011 (10:43 PM). Edited April 30th, 2011 by Crimson Stardust.
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Ignore my previous question..lol
anyway may i know the number of from which number of tileset is the outdoor and indoors for fire red...
I want to know from 0 to what is outdoor..
and also the same for indoor.
and also,
I having problems saving i don't know why but i cant save the game on my hack,
does this has got anything to do with the rom?

Old April 30th, 2011 (05:52 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Crimson Stardust:
Ignore my previous question..lol
anyway may i know the number of from which number of tileset is the outdoor and indoors for fire red...
I want to know from 0 to what is outdoor..
and also the same for indoor.
and also,
I having problems saving i don't know why but i cant save the game on my hack,
does this has got anything to do with the rom?
I'm not entirely sure about what you're asking for in relation to tilesets. Are you asking for a quick list of the tilesets and where they correlate to? If so, then here.

If you're using VBA you might not have your settings correct. Go to Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K
Old April 30th, 2011 (06:25 AM).
BlazingMagmar
Beginning Trainer

hff.png

I have been searching for these tiles in unlz.gba for days and i cant find them or the hp tiles...

Does anyone know how to edit these tiles?
Old April 30th, 2011 (08:39 AM). Edited April 30th, 2011 by voymike.
voymike
AbsoLugiArticuno

Hi I was trying to change the world map and in Tile Molester when I try to import a palette file it doesn't appear in the box and the supported files doesn't support palette file.
It's a bit confusing because in a video that I watched the guy import a palette file... :/

how can I insert more than 1 regions in a game?
i mean how can i have a world map with all the maps and when you pass the tournament you will appear to a second world map with brand new maps, areas and pokemons?

how can I insert more than 1 regions in a game?
i mean how can i have a world map with all the maps and when you pass the tournament you will appear to a second world map with brand new maps, areas and pokemons?
Old April 30th, 2011 (12:18 PM).
TrainerDawn
Beginning Trainer

Greeting's i'm new to the forums and i came to these forums looking for an attack move editor for pokemon Heartgold / Soulsilver, i've used the search function about a gazillion times and google even more often, but i can't find any tool that does the trick (most simply aren't generation IV compatible).

Can anyone point me towards an attack editor for HG/SS, or a way to edit the movesets from platinum and insert them into HG/SS? I want to make HM moves more usefull (but not overpowering) because right now you can't really have 6 pokemon with you as you need atleast 2 HM slaves to keep all the HM's with you at all times...

Cheers!
Old April 30th, 2011 (12:37 PM).
voymike
AbsoLugiArticuno

I think that there aren't any moves editor for DS roms.
Old April 30th, 2011 (01:09 PM). Edited April 30th, 2011 by TrainerDawn.
TrainerDawn
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by voymike:
I think that there aren't any moves editor for DS roms.
I've found a move editor for diamond and pearl, in which i've edited the HM moves to my liking, however, using nitro explorer to extract the .narc, i've now been unable to find the matching .narc in my HG.nds (i extracted wotbl.narc, which if i read correctly contains move data)

Anyone know which narc i need to replace with my extracted and edited .narc from pokemon diamond? Because the set-up of the .narcs in HG is massively different from those in D/P/P

EDIT:

Ok i found the solution for editing moves in HG/SS, it's the wotbl.narc (at what level do pokemon learn moves) and the waza_tbl.narc (the move data), in the HG/SS structure the waza_tbl is in a/0/1/1 and the wobtl is in a/0/3/3

Special thanks for Alpha, his older posts helped me find it :D

2nd EDIT:

Alright, despite finding all the correct .narc entries, the game now crashes whenever i enter battle....
This leads me to believe that i still don't know enough as to what i am doing when it comes to replacing .narc files, anyone willing to help me out here or point me towards a move editor that works on HG/SS so i don't have to fuss with the .narc files?
Old April 30th, 2011 (02:45 PM).
BlazingMagmar
Beginning Trainer

im sorry but does anyone know? where the hp bar tileset for in-battle is?
Old April 30th, 2011 (04:00 PM).
Dark pokemon
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
I'm using Yape and hacking Emerald

I'm planning on adding pokemon using the ??? slots but there isn't an option to change the POKEMON Pic or editing the pokedex entry.

Can you help solve my problem

Old April 30th, 2011 (04:36 PM).
BBLemon
Beginning Trainer

How do I go about using trainer sprites from 4th and 5th gen in my leafgreen hack without them looking really large when I'm in a battle?
Old April 30th, 2011 (11:52 PM).
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
Reposting; as my efforts at researching this for myself have so far been fruitless efforts in frustration '

Quote:
Quick question hopefully someone can answer

In my hack, routes have been replaced by a dungeon system like PMD's (except there's no randomness involved). The problem with this is that Pokemon Ruby has a limited number of flight positions, which means that as of now, my hack is forced into being supremely unforgiving of players dying in dungeons - they're forced back into town and have to start the dungeon all over again. I know you can add more flight positions into the game and then repoint the flight table; but I don't know where to find said flight table in Ruby. ' Does anyone know at what offset it starts and ends?

Thanks so much in advance
Old May 1st, 2011 (08:30 AM).
Chiar

What's the flag of unlocking the National Dex in Emerald?~
Old May 1st, 2011 (09:24 AM).
Binary
え?

Quote originally posted by Chiar:
special 0x1F3 activates the National Dex in Emerald.
Old May 1st, 2011 (09:41 AM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote originally posted by Dark pokemon:

I'm planning on adding pokemon using the ??? slots but there isn't an option to change the POKEMON Pic or editing the pokedex entry.

As far as I know, there is no way of adding Pokedex information for the ? Pokemon. However, it is theoretically possible to add Pokemon Pictures, cries, learn sets, etc. for them. However, it would be a rather complicated process, involving the use of the following programs, in addition to the spriting: PokeCry; UnLZ; YAPE; A hex editor

If you think you can handle it, PM me for more details. Note that I myself have never tried this, though I have edited the normal Pokemon.

A question on my part: Would there be any way to make it so that in my Ruby hack, instead of Karrablast evolving into Escavalier when traded for a shelmet, you get Escavalier by breeding Karrablast and Shelmet. I know how to make it so you would get Escavalier by breeding Karrablast, but I want to make it so if you breed it with anything but a Shelmet, you get a Karrablast.
Old May 1st, 2011 (09:44 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Dark pokemon:

Sadly, you can't eidt their Pokedex entries as they don't appear in the Pokedex at all. You can edit their pictures by using Wichu's Advanced Tools, which can be found in the toolox.
Quote originally posted by BlazingMagmar:
im sorry but does anyone know? where the hp bar tileset for in-battle is?
It would really help if you told us what ROM you were hacking. I'm not too sure where it is in R/S/E but in a clean Fire Red rom the battle boxes are found around 576 - 581. This includes your HP bar, the opponenets Hp bar and the Hp bars for double battles.
Quote originally posted by BBLemon:
How do I go about using trainer sprites from 4th and 5th gen in my leafgreen hack without them looking really large when I'm in a battle?
Resize them. A good way to make them look properly scaled is by changing all of the trainer sprites that way they all look about the same size by comparison.
Quote originally posted by Chiar:
use Special 0x1F3. Remember to use it in conjunction with Setflag 0x861 if you wan the player to start with the National Dex.
Old May 1st, 2011 (10:01 AM).
Selerbi
Time Traveler

Nature: Rash
I am making a new ruby based hack, and I began editing sprites maps ETC...
the point is that when I tried to run it, the screen was white and i couldnt try it! how can i fix it??

*Its on flash 64k save type, please help!
Old May 1st, 2011 (10:41 AM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote originally posted by Selerbi:
the point is that when I tried to run it, the screen was white and i couldnt try it! how can i fix it??

Restore from your backup and try applying the changes again. If you didn't create a backup, you have to start over from scratch. Then, create backups periodically in case that happens again.
Old May 1st, 2011 (10:47 AM). Edited May 1st, 2011 by TrainerDawn.
TrainerDawn
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by TrainerDawn:
I've found a move editor for diamond and pearl, in which i've edited the HM moves to my liking, however, using nitro explorer to extract the .narc, i've now been unable to find the matching .narc in my HG.nds (i extracted wotbl.narc, which if i read correctly contains move data)

Anyone know which narc i need to replace with my extracted and edited .narc from pokemon diamond? Because the set-up of the .narcs in HG is massively different from those in D/P/P

EDIT:

Ok i found the solution for editing moves in HG/SS, it's the wotbl.narc (at what level do pokemon learn moves) and the waza_tbl.narc (the move data), in the HG/SS structure the waza_tbl is in a/0/1/1 and the wobtl is in a/0/3/3

Special thanks for Alpha, his older posts helped me find it :D

2nd EDIT:

Alright, despite finding all the correct .narc entries, the game now crashes whenever i enter battle....
This leads me to believe that i still don't know enough as to what i am doing when it comes to replacing .narc files, anyone willing to help me out here or point me towards a move editor that works on HG/SS so i don't have to fuss with the .narc files?
Reposting with some new info:

I am currently trying to enter my edited pokemon diamond move data .narc file into my HG game, they are the same size before extracting, however, after reinsertion they are suddenly 4 times their original size, which i believe is causing my game to crash...

Any advice on how to prevent this?

EDIT: solved the problem, no more help needed
Old May 1st, 2011 (11:03 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Can you detail what you did before you started getting the white screen error?
Old May 1st, 2011 (12:54 PM).
jota_rdk
Spanish hacker [Javi4315]

Nature: Timid
Hey, I have a question about programming.

I am working in a tool and I need to find free space in the rom. I am using my own method, but it isn't very good.

Someone can give me a answer about this?

PS: I use visual basic 2008.

My tutorials:

Old May 1st, 2011 (01:13 PM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote originally posted by jota_rdk:
Hey, I have a question about programming.

I am working in a tool and I need to find free space in the rom. I am using my own method, but it isn't very good.

Someone can give me a answer about this?

PS: I use visual basic 2008.
I'm not sure what your question is but if you're looking for free space in a rom, it should be characterized by FF bytes in a HEX Editor.
Old May 1st, 2011 (02:23 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

I'm looking for a supporter to help me make the intro movie (the one where the hero is riding the bike and Latios flies in). I want to make it so instead of grass, it's a shoreline on a beach with the water visible. Also, it's either Reshiram or Zekrom (instead of male or female hero) flying along the beach, then Keldeo comes in and is gliding across the water. I have issues creating the flying Reshiram and Zekrom sprites, and the side-view Keldeo sprite. If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2011 (02:25 PM). Edited May 2nd, 2011 by Visitor108.
Visitor108
Beginning Trainer

Hi there, sorry to bug you with a question from my very beginning on this forum.

I've been spending a long time searching for a way to enable natively HM08 (Dive) outside battles in Pokémon FireRed, with no success. I've seen that a couple of hacks implement this feature even if they're not based on Ruby, so I was wondering in which way I could possibly enable Diving on RF without relying on ASM hacking, only by using XSE scripting. I've never touched the former, while I've already been scripting something with the latter.

I know that might be practically impossible, so in case there's no solution avoiding the use of ASM, can anyone suggest me what to search for hacking that by myself (or maybe tell me how to copy-paste the code from another hack, I'll credit the original author properly)?

Sorry for my (at least i think) bad English :\
Old May 1st, 2011 (03:36 PM).
BlazingMagmar
Beginning Trainer

hi im having a huge problem with gym leaders, i have just finished inserting a custom battle background for gyms, however every time i fight the leader they use the background a normal trainer uses when you fight them on a grassy route:

Example:

fighting a trainer in the gym:
1.png

fighting the leader:
2.png

see what i mean?

Is there a hex address to change what backgrounds gym leaders use?
Old May 1st, 2011 (04:31 PM).
jota_rdk
Spanish hacker [Javi4315]

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
I'm not sure what your question is but if you're looking for free space in a rom, it should be characterized by FF bytes in a HEX Editor.
No xDD.

I am working in a tool with vb2008 and I want the tool finds the free space. In fact, I can do it, but my method y too slow...

My tutorials:

Sponsored Links