Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 24th, 2011 (12:10 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by xequiaz.
Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Team Johto

^
Click an event then click open script in adv map.
Make sure u change the "#org 0xoffset here" to
"#org @start" and make a line one saying: "#dynamic 0xoffset here"
and move "#org @start" and the rest to line 2 or 3

now my question is..
i have a pokemon fire red
and i made a map.
with a person event:
$9125
and
$9126

how do i make a flag that checks if i already talked to 9126 when i talk to 9125?

check my script if its correct

scrip for $9125
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x801300

#org @start
lock
msgbox @white 0x6
checkflag 0x9126
if 0x1 goto @talked
release
end

#org @white
= There is a white orb attached to\nthe wall.\pIt appears to be glowing!

#org @talked
applymovement 0xFF @move
warp 0x2 0x3F 0xFF 0x06 0x11
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x65 0xFE

i want it to be like this..
*talk to 9125*
*not teleported*
*talk to 9126*
*talk to 9125*
*teleported*
Old July 24th, 2011 (12:51 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by ZangoMango.
Team Kalos

Nature: Impish
Alright, thanks a lot guys. Now that I've gone to Open Script in Adv-Map, I'm looking at the Rival's script in FR/LG when you're both in Oak's Lab at the beginning. I see his script in Oak's Lab from BEFORE the player chooses their Pokemon (as opposed to "Let's check out our Pokemon! Come on, I'll take you on!" and the resulting battle), but how do I see the Rival's Oak's Lab script from AFTER the player chooses their Pokemon? Thanks!
Old July 24th, 2011 (01:06 PM).
Real life Silver Shirubaa
Team Hoenn

Nature: Serious
Fyi Please post this in ROM Making forum as this part of the forum is for people making there games from scratch, Ie. they arent hacking there game.
Old July 24th, 2011 (01:42 PM).
Let's Keep It Simple
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote originally posted by ZangoMango:
Alright, thanks a lot guys. Now that I've gone to Open Script in Adv-Map, I'm looking at the Rival's script in FR/LG when you're both in Oak's Lab at the beginning. I see his script in Oak's Lab from BEFORE the player chooses their Pokemon (as opposed to "Let's check out our Pokemon! Come on, I'll take you on!" and the resulting battle), but how do I see the Rival's Oak's Lab script from AFTER the player chooses their Pokemon? Thanks!
well it should be in the same script i think....................
maybe im wrong but it should be in that script just some string more down!
Old July 24th, 2011 (01:58 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by DavidJCobb.
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by ZangoMango:
The Rival battle and Pokemon-giving events are stored in level scripts, not event scripts. Check the map's header and look at level script 2.

EDIT: To be more specific, level script 2 seems to be the script that runs when you enter the map, bringing you and Oak to the table with the Poke Balls. The Balls' own event scripts handle the Pokemon selection. I'm still looking for the script that trips the Rival battle.

EDIT2: The 3 scripts between the bookcases? Those are actually six scripts, two per tile. The ones on the bottom trip the Rival battle, while the ones on the top prevent you from exiting before you choose a Pokemon.

So you can examine the code for the ones that trip the Rival battle, and the code for the Pokemon selection. You can then modify the script from there (though you will most likely have to compile a new copy to free space, as your modifications may lengthen the script).
Old July 24th, 2011 (02:00 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by InvalidName:
OMG THANKS I didn't know cause I'm just kinda new with inside caves THANKS!
LOL your welcome bro ;P

Quote originally posted by rockeymon:
Fyi Please post this in ROM Making forum as this part of the forum is for people making there games from scratch, Ie. they arent hacking there game.
and you stop the mini moding
people allready got banned because of dat
just say´n
Old July 24th, 2011 (03:08 PM).
Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Team Kalos

Nature: Timid
What is the address of variable 0x8000 into the ram?
Or another variable. I need to write a byte as value of a varible.
Sorry, my english isn't very good xD

My tutorials:

Old July 24th, 2011 (03:30 PM).
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSGT

Quote originally posted by xequiaz:
now my question is..
i have a pokemon fire red
and i made a map.
with a person event:
$9125
and
$9126

how do i make a flag that checks if i already talked to 9126 when i talk to 9125?

check my script if its correct

scrip for $9125
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x801300

#org @start
lock
msgbox @white 0x6
checkflag 0x9126
if 0x1 goto @talked
release
end

#org @white
= There is a white orb attached to\nthe wall.\pIt appears to be glowing!

#org @talked
applymovement 0xFF @move
warp 0x2 0x3F 0xFF 0x06 0x11
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x65 0xFE
"Person $9126" will need to have a "setflag 0x9126" in it's code.
Old July 24th, 2011 (04:38 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by Ivee.
Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Team Kanto

Nature: Naive
I've replaced Niroran male and female with fakemon that have genders (that aren't part of their names, of course). Their gender symbol is hidden unless the Pokemon gets nicknamed or it evolves. How can I unhide the gender symbol (I assume it requires hex editing)?
Old July 24th, 2011 (05:19 PM).
Pokemon Master
Team Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
i have a question (obviously), whenever i type in a comma in my hack, these little lines show up above it, its really annoying, heres an example:
Spoiler:

how do i fix it??? its getting really annoying... btw its 'I'll' (first word on the bottom) thats messed up.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 24th, 2011 (06:17 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by ZangoMango.
Team Kalos

Does anyone know an alternative to changing your trainer sprite other than unLZ? My sprite keeps looking wrong once it's written to the game... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so (I am using GIMP to make it Indexed, since I have no other option). And as for the Rival scripting question from earlier, it worked, thanks a lot guys!
Old July 24th, 2011 (08:20 PM).
Team Johto

Does anyone know of an available tileset I can use that is like the inside of a hotel. I am recreated my college dorms in pokemon and FireRed lacks doors that face in all directions (except front).

i say a tileset like a hotel because of course i need something like a desk and a elevator as well. If a tileset like this does not exist then it's fine, I can find some way to compensate.
Old July 24th, 2011 (08:25 PM).
巨大なトロール。
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by jintrigger:
Does anyone know of an available tileset I can use that is like the inside of a hotel. I am recreated my college dorms in pokemon and FireRed lacks doors that face in all directions (except front).

i say a tileset like a hotel because of course i need something like a desk and a elevator as well. If a tileset like this does not exist then it's fine, I can find some way to compensate.
There is no such tileset. At least none that are already in the game. :\
Old July 24th, 2011 (08:35 PM).
Team Johto

I mean if such a tileset is in ruby/sapphire I'll use it cause at the moment I am using FireRed, but I meant if a edited tileset exist
Old July 24th, 2011 (09:30 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by DavidJCobb.
Team Hoenn

How would one go about copying a byte at a given RAM address into either a chosen script variable, or LASTRESULT? I'm seeing some byte- and RAM-related commands in XSE, but I can't figure them out.

Bonus points if absolutely no ASM whatsoever is involved.

EDIT: I figured it out. If anyone else needs to know how, here's the command for storing the number of the current map bank in LASTRESULT in a FireRed BPRE ROM.
Code:
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x20370D1
copybyte 0x20370D0 0x203F3A8
It replaces the first half of LASTRESULT with 0x00, and the second half with the value at 0x203F3A8.
Old July 25th, 2011 (05:20 AM).
Let's Keep It Simple
Team Unova

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
just stop both...
@ invalidname u easily could had post this in the simple question thread found here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614.
u can ask what u want there regarding to ur problem and such:)
Old July 25th, 2011 (09:37 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Hello, i'm making a hack and i added a script. but every time i leave the house you start at my rom crashes.. does anyone know what to do?
tnx
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:13 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Is it possible to split a map in AdvanceMap? Like you've basically created the whole world as one, and now you need to split it so every route and city has its own mapsection.

And what about the old maps of a game? Do I need to override them, or is it possible to delete old maps from the game?

If you need to know, its for Emerald, though that shouldnt really matter, does it?
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:46 AM).
Busy atm
Team Unova

Quote:
Kraxx
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to split a map in AdvanceMap? Like you've basically created the whole world as one, and now you need to split it so every route and city has its own mapsection.

And what about the old maps of a game? Do I need to override them, or is it possible to delete old maps from the game?

If you need to know, its for Emerald, though that shouldnt really matter, does it?
well firsts off yes you can delete maps but why not just replace the old ones its much easier and yes there is an A-MAP tut that show you on how to delete maps .. and please explain what you meen as to can you split a map in A-MAP >?
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:49 AM).
Team Kalos

Hey guys, how can I revert a sprite back to its original look after I've botched it up and saved it to the ROM?
Old July 25th, 2011 (11:43 AM). Edited July 25th, 2011 by Cheesewig.
Hi!
Team Hoenn

Nature: Relaxed
Please could somebody answer this question about changing Gold/Hiro's Sprite when I speak to someone/trigger something?
Old July 25th, 2011 (11:55 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by M.L:
well firsts off yes you can delete maps but why not just replace the old ones its much easier and yes there is an A-MAP tut that show you on how to delete maps .. and please explain what you meen as to can you split a map in A-MAP >?
Well, I want to create some map from scratch and I do not have any idea how big my cities and routes will be yet. So I just want to map something, and then see how big my cities will be.

Otherwise, is it possible to place for example Dewford Town in the left-upper corner? That'd be a solution too.
Old July 25th, 2011 (12:16 PM).
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by Kraxx:
Well, I want to create some map from scratch and I do not have any idea how big my cities and routes will be yet. So I just want to map something, and then see how big my cities will be.
There may be one way, if you know the exact sizes of the "fragment" maps before hand -- and if they each use the same tilesets as the big map.

Let's say that the big map is "Map A", and you're copying a town from that map into "Map B".
  1. Open AdvanceMap 1.95.
  2. Go to Map B. Make sure that it is the correct size and that it uses the correct tilesets. If it isn't correct, make the necessary changes and save it.
  3. Go to Map A.
  4. Above the view of your map, click the rightmost button. (The one whose tooltip reads, "GreatBlock Pipette".)
  5. Select the area you want to copy.
  6. Go to Map B.
  7. Click in the upper-left corner to paste.
  8. Edit the map connections for Map A and Map B, so that they are stitched together in-game.
The nice thing about the "GreatBlock Pipette" button is that it doesn't just copy visual blocks, it also seems to copy movement permissions. Very useful in this case.

So you'd use that method to copy the parts of your big map into their own individual smaller maps. Once you're done, just clear out the big map (since you no longer need it).
Old July 25th, 2011 (12:28 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Ah, ty. And moving maps yo another position, what about that? For example moving the position of Dewford Town to the uppermost left corner?
Old July 25th, 2011 (01:51 PM). Edited July 25th, 2011 by Forever Alone.
This account died
Team Kalos

How many new scripts can i make before the game shows signs of abnormality. Another Question about world map editing i have 4 squares of white obstructing my map in gameplay must have something to do with NTME
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links