The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:06 AM
drpepper111
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I eventually found the programs I was looking for after a long search.

I am still looking for one program though.

Does anybody know a wild Pokemon location editor for Fire Red?
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:12 AM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper111 View Post
I eventually found the programs I was looking for after a long search.

I am still looking for one program though.

Does anybody know a wild Pokemon location editor for Fire Red?
You can edit wild data on a per-map basis using AdvanceMap. A warning, before you do:

Never remove wild data from a map. You will corrupt it if you do, making it impossible to ever edit that map's data again.

If you need to remove wild data from a map, just set the "Encounter ratio" to 0. From my understanding, that determines the likelihood of finding a wild Pokemon whenever you step in a tile of grass.
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:07 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
OMG!
I get this error when starting a program! I can see that it says something but I can't read it help!
I find this offensive. Please don't spam.

So anyone know how to answer my question....?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:47 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Does anyone know how to export all sprites in a rom at once??
like every pokemon sprite ive inserted in my hack i want to export them now...but im to lazy to export them one by one so is it able with NSE or another tool to export the pokemon sprites all at once?
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorini View Post
Firstly I really want to thank you for your help! But the problem is still happening even though I have a better idea of what's going on. The problem is with the map I am warping to. I tried warping to a different map and it worked.

I made sure there are no level scripts on either of the maps. I deleted all the events on the problem map I'm trying to warp to but still the screen goes black and the music dies. Man this is stupid lol. Why won't it work?!
Before you think the ROM is trashed... Try to change the music of the map, to the same music on the previous map. I think I've had this problem before, that music crashed the game somehow Otherwise, I also have no idea, and like Full Metal said, maybe your ROM is trashed.

EDIT:
I myself am having a problem with the connections within AdvanceMap 1.95...
Spoiler:

The red line is the division between the two maps, I can walk over fine from left to right.

But I can not walk from left to right...

Now before you give me something like, did you edit both connections on both maps? Yes I did.

Here are the connections of both maps:

Now what could I possibly be doing wrong? :\

Thank you The Blueprint !!!

Last edited by Lyzo; August 4th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Anbuja, export them as Sprite Libraries, You still have to export every sprite, but no every frame.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Vittorini
Expert Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzo View Post
Before you think the ROM is trashed... Try to change the music of the map, to the same music on the previous map. I think I've had this problem before, that music crashed the game somehow Otherwise, I also have no idea, and like Full Metal said, maybe your ROM is trashed.
I think I might have found what's wrong. All I can say is I'm an idiot because I wasn't using the newest version of Advance Map and after I updated I took another look at the map I was trying to warp to. As I clicked on said map, a warning message popped up saying: "The Map footer is not saved at an Offset divisible by 4, this can cause the map to be black in the ROM." Now I just have a small question, the offset this message was talking about is the map bank? Because the bank for the map was 43 which is not divisible by 4.

Anyway I learned my lesson lol. Always be sure you are using the most up to date version of hacking software . I haven't tried messing with it yet so I guess I will edit and let you all know if I have it fixed!

EDIT: It worked :D! So I moved the map to a bank number that was divisible by 4 and I was able to warp back and forth between the two maps with no problem! Thanks everyone for the help! I'm happy we figured this out. Happy hacking! Cheers!

Last edited by Vittorini; August 4th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM
link491

ok as far as i know, this has not been answered yet...

ok, heres my only "simple" question... im trying to edit the background and i have all the things set up but i cant edit the pallet, so the battle background looks like crap!
i wanna change the pallet for image 4 in unLZ from fire red BPRE. how do i do this (mainly i need to know the offset of the pallet)
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
How do I remove the rival naming in the intro?

Pokemon Dream ~ 2014
Do you achieve your dream or be cage in nightmares?
Pokemon Dream is being working on.
Pokemon X Shiny ~ Honeedge - 9 egg, Pumpkaboo - 1328 egg, Mawile - 299 egg, Noibat - 800ish egg, Fennekin - 905 egg, Ralts - 109 egg, Klefki - 630 egg, Absol - 151 egg, Eevee - 6 egg Goomy - 2114 egg Goomy - 478 egg Goomy - 523 egg(Hidden Ability!)
Pokemon X - Taking a break.
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
How do I remove the rival naming in the intro?
Jambo released an ASM hack for that which you can find here.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM
[T]ouko
Dedicated Scripter!

Hey

I've inserted a map into a ROM, I could see the contents of the 'Map' tab correctly, I could also see the contents of the other tabs (Movement Permission, Header, Wild Pokémon), except for events. I get the properties bar to the right, only no map to place events! Doesn't make a difference if I try to add events too. Really bugs me, how can I add events to this map?

Credits to: .Mini
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]ouko View Post
Hey

I've inserted a map into a ROM, I could see the contents of the 'Map' tab correctly, I could also see the contents of the other tabs (Movement Permission, Header, Wild Pokémon), except for events. I get the properties bar to the right, only no map to place events! Doesn't make a difference if I try to add events too. Really bugs me, how can I add events to this map?
Change the number of events so that there is at least one event of any kind on the map.

Save.

Load a different map.

Select any tab other than Events.

Load the inserted map again. (You're kind of "refreshing" it by doing this, you see.)

Select the Events tab.

The new events should be in the upper-left corner of the map.
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Nature: Quirky
I have a question regarding EVs. When your pokemon is holding a power item, such as Power Anklet, and your EVs in both Attack and Speed are nearly finished, you fight against a pokemon that gives Attack.
Which EV gets added in first, the EV from the wild poke or from the power item?

Painting with Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratory within my sights.
God, grant me a lightning bolt path-
I pray for safe passage thru numbers and math.

Old August 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
drpepper111
Beginning Trainer

Problem.

I changed one of the Pokemon in Viridian Forest in Fire Red to a Shroomish with AdvanceMap.

During my playtest, I caught it, leveled it up, trained it, and everything was fine for a while.

It reached lvl 23 where it proceeded to evolve, but didn't.

The text had a ? where it should have said, "Shroomish evolved into Breloom!"

Is this some kind of bug with III gen Pokes in FR/LG or something?

Help appreciated. Ty in advance.
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper111 View Post
Problem.

I changed one of the Pokemon in Viridian Forest in Fire Red to a Shroomish with AdvanceMap.

During my playtest, I caught it, leveled it up, trained it, and everything was fine for a while.

It reached lvl 23 where it proceeded to evolve, but didn't.

The text had a ? where it should have said, "Shroomish evolved into Breloom!"

Is this some kind of bug with III gen Pokes in FR/LG or something?

Help appreciated. Ty in advance.
It can't evolve because you do not have the national Pokedex.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
drpepper111
Beginning Trainer

o_o

Derp

I guess I need to set a script or somehow give the player the National Dex at the beginning of the game. I have no idea how to do so and I'm not even attempting to learn scripting or coding or whatever yet.

I'll cross that bridge when I arrive.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Just set special 0x16F =)
It's all you need to enable National Dex =)
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:29 AM
WillUsesUU's
Beginning Trainer

I'm using advanced map to hack a Pokemon ROM, but I always get an error message that says, "access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'Advanced Map.exe'. Read of address 31293129.
How can I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours, Will.

I'm using advanced map to hack a Pokemon ROM, but I always get an error message that says, "access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'Advanced Map.exe'. Read of address 31293129.
Yours, Will.

Last edited by WillUsesUU's; August 5th, 2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:48 AM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillUsesUU's View Post
Yours, Will.
When, specifically, does the error message occur? If it only occurs upon loading a certain map, then that map is corrupted.
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:51 AM
WillUsesUU's
Beginning Trainer

It occurs when I sort a map, attempt to open a city, and create a new map.

So, the map is likely corrupt. How could I fix this?

Last edited by WillUsesUU's; August 5th, 2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Noopy Infinoopy
Beginning Trainer

Why is that when I change the current pokemon appearing in the grass(or water/fishing) it reverts back to normal or change a few but not all i changed? It's quite annoying. Especially when I'm working on my new map.
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noopy Infinoopy View Post
Why is that when I change the current pokemon appearing in the grass(or water/fishing) it reverts back to normal or change a few but not all i changed? It's quite annoying. Especially when I'm working on my new map.
It's a bug in AdvanceMap.

The workaround I use is to only change the species in the list one entry at a time. AFAIK you can change multiple level fields at a time, but you must change the species one at a time, like so:
  • Open Map A, the one you're editing.
  • Change one of the Wild Pokemon species.
  • Save.
  • Switch to Map B, which can be any other map.
    • If you are asked if you want to save your changes, then it means that some of the edits you made to the wild data were lost.
  • Switch back to Map A.
  • Repeat until you've changed all of the Pokemon species that you want to change.
Unfortunately, that's the only workaround that I know of, and we'll need it until the next version of AdvanceMap comes out. You can try reporting the bug in AdvanceMap's thread, though someone else may have already done so.

Quote:
It occurs when I sort a map, attempt to open a city, and create a new map.
Wait. When you "sort a map"? I wasn't aware that AdvanceMap had a sorting function... You are using version 1.95, right?

Quote:
So, the map is likely corrupt. How could I fix this?
That depends very much on what specifically got corrupted, but in my experience, some amount of hex editing will always be needed to fix map corruption.

There are two general ways to do it, depending on how the data got corrupted.
  • If the data was overwritten by data from another map, then you will need to find some free space in the ROM. Build some "dummy" data with the proper format in that free space, and then change your map's header to point to the new data.
  • If the data was just randomly corrupted and was not overwritten by data from another map, then you can simply copy the valid data from an older version of your hack (if you keep backups).
First way is always the safest. The second should only ever be used if you make the mistake of trying to remove a map's wild list(s) in AMap.

Last edited by DavidJCobb; August 5th, 2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBird View Post
Hey guys, I'm from the german hacking scene, or better said, what we left from it. My english is not the best, just to warn you.
I hope you guys can help me, I am working for a new project with the encounters of pokemon, my Problem is that I have to know what kind of battle is going on(just a few moments before the battle begins) Is there any Flag in the RAM which could show me if it is a water battle, fishing rod battle or just normal in grass.(Like the four categories of battles each map has its own Encounter Data for)
Hope i can find help, I spent nights in front of my disassembler and debugger, but did not find anything.

~SBird
What game version? Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Emerald... German/Italian/Japanese/American... ?

| 1st Gen Hacking: Useful Links | A good example of REAL ROM Hacking |
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cheesewig
Hi!

Nature: Relaxed
I really want to do some Pokémon Gold ASM Hacking.
How do I do it?
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Carrotts
Beginning Trainer

Is there a way to script or simulate a pokemon trade with an npc?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links