Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Does anyone have the offset for the Trainer backsprite in Emerald?

I've looked on the forums, and in Tile Molester but only found Birch.
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayersabre5 View Post
I've been searching the archives and threads for over an hour and just need a simple question answered. How can I make the national dex be given at the very beginning instead of the normal pokedex? This is for a fire red hack.
The special you need to set is "special 0x16F", according to
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial. Put that in a script somewhere at the beginning of the game.
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
slayersabre5
Beginning Trainer

@ Haowakeorden
Thank you. I'm new to hacking but I've already learned from ALOT of my mistakes. This will surely help me. Keep you're eyes peeled, I'll probably post here alot.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:50 AM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
what offset is the safest to script in Pokemon Emerald?
Pokemon Treasure.
Progress: Planning.
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
GoldxLight
Beginning Trainer

For some reason, when I try to warp into the player's house, I end up stuck in the black tile just under the entrance/exit.

Any solutions? QQ
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

Okay so I was thinking of making a hack based on being in a test facility/facility in general and having to work with specific pokemon to defeat objectives.
basically I'm looking at scrapping the badge system and having all badges already earnt, as well as the repeated giving and taking of pokemon from the player (the player gets new choices every time.
The idea is to escape the test facility while solving various puzzles and also battling various 'gamesmasters' which take the metaphoric role of gym leaders, while in the main not really having much impact other than that of a minor boss.
The hack will not be a full pokemon game, rather a spinoff game aimed to challenge the mind and help people to use pokemon not really tried before.

Just wondering what kind of work would be required here? This will mainly as I say be based on the puzzles and navigation of a large building rather than the collecting of pokemon and the storyline.
Thanks! (PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.)
MY HACK:
LOOKING FOR HELP MAKING POKEMON HYACINTH:
APPLY IN THE THREAD!;
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldxLight View Post
For some reason, when I try to warp into the player's house, I end up stuck in the black tile just under the entrance/exit.

Any solutions? QQ
Did you warp it to the right warp tile?
Is there a warp under the entrance/exit of the room?
Try and recheck to make sure you have the numbers correct.
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
GoldxLight
Beginning Trainer

Surprisingly, everything seemed to be right.
Though I managed to fix everything by completely scrapping the maps and scripts, and redoing then redoing them from scratch.

However, now I'm having another problem.
I made a warp on the stairs to take the player downstairs.
But instead of walking off the mat onto the stairs and then being warped downstairs, you can only get downstairs by walking off the mat in the other direction. o:

Also, is there any way to define the player's starting point? Because he keeps appearing on a table. :/
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
OK, i have no idea whats going on. I've been having a problem where, when the starter goes to evolve (They're the johto starters, and im using a firered rom), and the game crashes. Not just like the screen where it evolves, and it says ? and not evolved, the rom image crashes. I don't know why this happens...I gave the player the national dex, same issue. I'm using JPANs engine, if that means anything. Maybe i made the script for national dex wrong...its just:

#org 0x80624A
special 0x16F
release
end

So whats wrong? Please help me fix it!
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM
redx2dth
Metapods' got class!

Nature: Sassy
Is there any way to edit door animations or extract emeralds and import it into firered?
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:00 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldxLight View Post
Surprisingly, everything seemed to be right.
Though I managed to fix everything by completely scrapping the maps and scripts, and redoing then redoing them from scratch.

However, now I'm having another problem.
I made a warp on the stairs to take the player downstairs.
But instead of walking off the mat onto the stairs and then being warped downstairs, you can only get downstairs by walking off the mat in the other direction. o:

Also, is there any way to define the player's starting point? Because he keeps appearing on a table. :/
You can change that through Advance Map's block editor. Have a look at other examples of stairs going up, down, left and right in the ROM and change the behaviour byte. The four possibilities of combinations for going up/down and left/right are easily found in Silph Co and made by changing the tile's behaviour byte to 6C (Up-Right), 6D (Up-Left), 6E (Down-Right) or 6F (Down-Left).

HackMew has made Start Map Chooser Advance which allows you to choose which map you initially start on, along with your co-ordinates (Only the X-axis on FR/LG though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
OK, i have no idea whats going on. I've been having a problem where, when the starter goes to evolve (They're the johto starters, and im using a firered rom), and the game crashes. Not just like the screen where it evolves, and it says ? and not evolved, the rom image crashes. I don't know why this happens...I gave the player the national dex, same issue. I'm using JPANs engine, if that means anything. Maybe i made the script for national dex wrong...its just:

#org 0x80624A
special 0x16F
release
end

So whats wrong? Please help me fix it!
You should be able to tell if you've got the National Dex by looking at the Pokedex from your in-game menu. The special used to activate the National Dex shouldn't harm your game so the the crashing must be from something else in the ROM, perhaps you have inadvertently overwritten important parts of the evolution code. Try evolving other non-National Dex Pokemon and see if the game is still crashing (which is I suspect it will). If this is the case then you may have to start again on a fresh ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx2dth View Post
Is there any way to edit door animations or extract emeralds and import it into firered?
Zodiac Da Great has released a Door Editor which works on all third generation games and allows for exporting and importing so you could export the door animations from Emerald if you wanted to. I've never really used it before so I don't know any specifics.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM
SoaringSomeone
Residential Sprite Slave

Do NPC trainers have IV/EV values set on their pokemon? As I understand it, NPC trainers in Gen III do not have these set onto their team members, but what about Gen IV and Gen V? I know Cynthia has a perfect IV'd team, but what about the regular trainers?

And if the IV's aren't set for the trainers, what do they do for them? Have a randomized set generate? Are all set to a number for all trainers? Are gradually scaled up from 0 to 31's?

Still looking for spriters for Pokemon Azure! If you're even the slightest bit interested, contact either me or DJClass. More information available on the Azure thread.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
what offset is the safest to script in Pokemon Emerald?
I think there are no dangerous offsets when it comes to Emerald.
You can start as others on 800000 but as long as last number is 0, 4, 8, C, F, you are safe =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Would anyone know how to insert seperate battle backgrounds
because the trainer backround outside in pokemon fr
is the same battle background as inside.
Oh and a battle background tutorial i forgot how to insert them
cause i got this info like 6 months ago
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:29 AM
locolol
Beginning Trainer

Hi everybody How do i change the six pokemon my rival uses in the final battle @ pokemon blue/red? There's a tool available to edit gym leaders/elite four,but nothing about editing your rival..
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:35 AM
apkriez
Beginning Trainer

Hey all! this is my first post here but here goes. I have recently downloaded and started using Advance map, pksvui, and PET. I have created another Gym in Oldale Town giving all the trainers inside the same sprite (Black belt). then i edited what was said using Pksvui and then edited the pokemon used by and the name of the oposing trainer using PET. the problem is that for som reason every other trainer in the Gym has the same script, name, AND pokemon i cant find them in pet to edit the name and pokemon Either (which would at lest be an improvement). can anyone help me with this please? i cant find an answer for this ANYWHERE.
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resultz View Post
Okay so I was thinking of making a hack based on being in a test facility/facility in general and having to work with specific pokemon to defeat objectives.
basically I'm looking at scrapping the badge system and having all badges already earnt, as well as the repeated giving and taking of pokemon from the player (the player gets new choices every time.
The idea is to escape the test facility while solving various puzzles and also battling various 'gamesmasters' which take the metaphoric role of gym leaders, while in the main not really having much impact other than that of a minor boss.
The hack will not be a full pokemon game, rather a spinoff game aimed to challenge the mind and help people to use pokemon not really tried before.

Just wondering what kind of work would be required here? This will mainly as I say be based on the puzzles and navigation of a large building rather than the collecting of pokemon and the storyline.
Thanks! (PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.)
Anyone? Sorry I'm just looking for an idea of what I'd need to know in order to make this accomplishable.
MY HACK:
LOOKING FOR HELP MAKING POKEMON HYACINTH:
APPLY IN THE THREAD!;
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:37 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
You should be able to tell if you've got the National Dex by looking at the Pokedex from your in-game menu. The special used to activate the National Dex shouldn't harm your game so the the crashing must be from something else in the ROM, perhaps you have inadvertently overwritten important parts of the evolution code. Try evolving other non-National Dex Pokemon and see if the game is still crashing (which is I suspect it will). If this is the case then you may have to start again on a fresh ROM.
Are you sure there is no way to restore it? Like, going into a clean rom to the evolution offset and rewriting it? If theres a way to, or if anyone could do it for me, PM me, it'd be appreciated, because I've put in alot of work in this hack, and I don't think i could muster up the effort to remap, retile, and recode everything.
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
threekoolcats
Beginning Trainer

How do I completely remove Oak's intro at the beginning of FireRed? I just want a prompt for player name at the beginning, without a prompt for the rival's name.
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:19 AM
brzoza55
Beginning Trainer

Hey I'm hacking Pokemon Gold and I have question:

-How do you can change attacks that pokemon learns by level?
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Are you sure there is no way to restore it? Like, going into a clean rom to the evolution offset and rewriting it? If theres a way to, or if anyone could do it for me, PM me, it'd be appreciated, because I've put in alot of work in this hack, and I don't think i could muster up the effort to remap, retile, and recode everything.
Theoretically, you could use a hex editor to copy the original data over the corrupted data in your ROM. However, that could break some of the changes you've made.

If I'm understanding DrFuji's description properly, your problem is that the evolution code in your ROM has been overwritten... But what overwrote it? Whatever was written to that code's location will be destroyed when you restore that code.

...If you are in fact having the problem that DrFuji described, of course. Have you tested evolutions in the manner they described at the end of their post, to verify that this is your issue?
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
GoldxLight
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
You can change that through Advance Map's block editor. Have a look at other examples of stairs going up, down, left and right in the ROM and change the behaviour byte. The four possibilities of combinations for going up/down and left/right are easily found in Silph Co and made by changing the tile's behaviour byte to 6C (Up-Right), 6D (Up-Left), 6E (Down-Right) or 6F (Down-Left).

HackMew has made Start Map Chooser Advance which allows you to choose which map you initially start on, along with your co-ordinates (Only the X-axis on FR/LG though).
Thanks for the info, but it IS set at 6F and it still makes me walk UP invisible stairs in the wrong direction O:
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
dudedude1

1. I downloaded the program Overworld Changer but when I click run nothing happens. How do I fix this?

2. I have programs like Poketronic, A-Mart, Firestarter, and PokemonAmplifier that when I hit run an error appears saying "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies are not correctly register:a file is missing or invalid". How do I fix this?

*3. If these are unfix-able are there any other programs that can do the exact same thing.

Thanks
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
GoldxLight
Beginning Trainer

1. Did you try running as admin?

2. You're in luck; I just fixed this problem (:
Download the corresponding .OCX files and paste them into the respective programs INI folders. Then try
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
well, actually, I have two questions about a pokemon White ROM hack:
.How do I change pokemon sprites in and out of battle? I want to recolor some pokes for myself
.How do I change battle music? I saw a hack on youtube and it had the RSE champion music.

Thx beforehand for answering

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here