Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2011 (10:19 AM).
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by jabberjabber8:
Now my problem:
When I try to insert tiles the end result is just a green blob...
assuming I am doing something wrong:
Spoiler:

Save tile set 1 >>> open it in paint >>> replace flower in set 1 with the one I want to insert >>> save set 1 >>> load tile set 1 >>> click save >>> instead of flowers appearing in the set i get a green blob, I have tried inserting loads of different tiles with the same end result every time.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, do the new tiles you insert match the palletes of the tileset when you insert?
And when you insert the flowers are they over the ol ones? Because Im not sure if this could affect anything, but the tiles at that space are set to do the flower animation.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old August 23rd, 2011 (11:10 AM).
../\..

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
Quote originally posted by Quickster:
Hmm, do the new tiles you insert match the palletes of the tileset when you insert?
I think they do but I am not 100% sure.

Quote originally posted by Quickster:
And when you insert the flowers are they over the ol ones? Because Im not sure if this could affect anything, but the tiles at that space are set to do the flower animation.
yeah I put them over the old ones.

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
Old August 23rd, 2011 (11:46 AM).

1. Is there a program that allows you to increase the number of OWs in FireRed without doing any Hex Editing?

2. I've already used up all ? Pokemon (Between Treecko and Celebi) but there are still a lot more D/P, B/W and Fake Pokemon I want to add. Is there a way to increase the number of pokemon you can put in the game?

3. Is it possible to upload you a pallete to Overworld Editor Rebirth editon without replacing an old one (Example: Create a useable Pallete 2 in OWE RE)?
Old August 23rd, 2011 (12:13 PM).
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote originally posted by dudedude1:
1. Is there a program that allows you to increase the number of OWs in FireRed without doing any Hex Editing?

2. I've already used up all ? Pokemon (Between Treecko and Celebi) but there are still a lot more D/P, B/W and Fake Pokemon I want to add. Is there a way to increase the number of pokemon you can put in the game?

3. Is it possible to upload you a pallete to Overworld Editor Rebirth editon without replacing an old one (Example: Create a useable Pallete 2 in OWE RE)?
Without HEX editing u won't be able to get anything of this...
go to the tutorial section there is an tut
and @ jaberjaber: go download LU-HO's animation editor and edit it with it there is a new tutorial made by narutoactor which shows u how to change it
Old August 23rd, 2011 (01:47 PM).

I want to edit the dialogue of a trainer in Emerald (Encounter dialogue, loss dialogue and post-battle dialogue), but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Also, related to the above question, it's possible to give a character more or less text boxes of dialogue right?
Old August 24th, 2011 (06:24 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Eurashal:
I want to edit the dialogue of a trainer in Emerald (Encounter dialogue, loss dialogue and post-battle dialogue), but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Also, related to the above question, it's possible to give a character more or less text boxes of dialogue right?
Scripting with XSE is the thing you need =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 24th, 2011 (06:57 AM).

I think they do but I am not 100% sure.

yeah I put them over the old ones.
If they appear as a green blob then the colours of the flower don't match the pallete.

You need to re-colour anything you want to insert using the colours of the pallete. When I do this I export the tileset as you did and open it in paint, then I expand the canvas in paint by clicking and dragging the square in the middle side that expands it to the right, I zoom it to the max, I paste what I want to insert and move it to the empty space I just made on the right, then I click on the Color Picker (or eyedrop tool), left click on any colour on the picture I want to recolour, then find a colour on the rest of the tileset that looks similar to the one I left-clicked, right click it, select the eraser tool, then right click and go over the hole picture so that ever pixel of that colour is recoloured. Now repeat this until you have recoloured the whole flower. Then select the flower (make sure you select a 16 by 16 pixel square, it tells you the size of your selection on the bar below the canvas), paste it over the old flower or into a blank space if you don't want to replace the old flower, save it, and load it into advancemap. It should now look correct and not be a green blob.

Also, bear in mind that if you replace the old flower tile, the old flower tile has animation (so several still pictures playing one after another - the flower moves during game-play, if you haven't noticed). This procedure only changes one still picture which is the one you see in AdvanceMap. So when you play, you will see your flower as it is, and then the other pictures of the animation will play and you will see the other pictures of the old flower. You have to change this with Lu-Ho's animation editor apparently (according to Anbuja's_BlooDY, I have no idea).

BLASPHEMY!
Old August 24th, 2011 (02:29 PM).
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
If I import a 5th Gen Overworld sprite directly into the rom using OWE, will it work?
Old August 24th, 2011 (03:13 PM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Skara:
If I import a 5th Gen Overworld sprite directly into the rom using OWE, will it work?
It depends on the size of the overworld. It might cause an error if you try to, though. But you can try and use Nameless Sprite Editor and resize the overworld.
Old August 24th, 2011 (03:49 PM).
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Destiny Demon:
It depends on the size of the overworld. It might cause an error if you try to, though. But you can try and use Nameless Sprite Editor and resize the overworld.
Cheers. I'm trying to look for somewhere I can put the genie Pokemon OW sprites.
Old August 24th, 2011 (11:43 PM).

Quote originally posted by locolol:
Hi everybody How do i change the six pokemon my rival uses in the final battle @ pokemon blue/red? There's a tool available to edit gym leaders/elite four,but nothing about editing your rival..
Im not sure but you MAY be able to use P.E.T.
Old August 25th, 2011 (01:35 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by apkriez:
I don't think PET works with other then GBA ROMs.
Not to mention it's buggy...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 25th, 2011 (03:49 AM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by apkriez:
Nah, PET only works with 3rd Gen games.

This is a Gym/Elite 4 editor for Gen 1, though: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132926
Old August 25th, 2011 (05:31 AM).

Sorry To ask so many questions

1. How do you create new field moves (Surf, Cut, Whirlpool, etc.)?

2. How can you make it that Pokemon exceed level 100?
Old August 25th, 2011 (11:00 AM).

How can I change the names of pokemon trainers in pokemon black and white? Also is there a way to add a new area (like a house) into the game?
Old August 25th, 2011 (11:42 AM).

Quote originally posted by threekoolcats:
How do I completely remove Oak's intro at the beginning of FireRed? I just want a prompt for player name at the beginning, without a prompt for the rival's name.
Does anyone know this? thank you
Old August 25th, 2011 (05:19 PM).
15 year old me was an idiot.

Just curious if anyone has figured out how you're position on a route affects the world map position?

For those who can't remember: When you travel along a route, the world map updates your position.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to change how the routes affect world map position. (Not location, Advance Map allows you to edit that table.)

Thanks.
Old August 25th, 2011 (07:24 PM).
apparently not quite dead
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by threekoolcats:
How do I completely remove Oak's intro at the beginning of FireRed? I just want a prompt for player name at the beginning, without a prompt for the rival's name.
It's possible to use ASM to change or remove the intro. If you play Pokemon Sienna by Manipulation, you'll noticed that they took the prompt for the rival's name out of the intro and inserted it later in the game.
Old August 25th, 2011 (07:52 PM). Edited August 25th, 2011 by darkprince909.

Alright, I've got a quick question for hacking the grass on Fire Red. I plan to have the normal grass for grassy routes, and snow-covered grass for snowy routes. I already have the snowy grass fixed so that it plays the tall grass animation, but I did that several months ago (took a bit of a hiatus from hacking, and forgot a lot of what I had learned >.<), and i can't find the tutorial that showed me how to change the grass. I'm just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, and also tell me if it's possible to change which palette the tall grass animation refers to, without messing up the normal grass animation? If I can do that, I can just change the animation to what I need it to be (that is, if I can remember how to get to the grass animations...)

Many thanks to anyone who can help!!!
Old August 25th, 2011 (10:37 PM).
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Quote originally posted by darkprince909:
-snip-
I think there's actually a new tool out now that does what you're asking.
Old August 25th, 2011 (11:03 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by dudedude1:
Sorry To ask so many questions

1. How do you create new field moves (Surf, Cut, Whirlpool, etc.)?

2. How can you make it that Pokemon exceed level 100?
1. Basic field moves where you interact with an OW (Cut, Rock Smash etc) can be replicated pretty easily by looking at their scripts through a script editor such as XSE. Other field moves (Fly, Surf, Flash, Teleport, Softboiled etc) are very difficult to edit without screwing up the ROM. For those kinds of moves you would definitely need to know ASM in order to edit, let alone create an entirely new field move.

2. There is no way that I know of.

Quote originally posted by darkprince909:
Alright, I've got a quick question for hacking the grass on Fire Red. I plan to have the normal grass for grassy routes, and snow-covered grass for snowy routes. I already have the snowy grass fixed so that it plays the tall grass animation, but I did that several months ago (took a bit of a hiatus from hacking, and forgot a lot of what I had learned >.<), and i can't find the tutorial that showed me how to change the grass. I'm just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, and also tell me if it's possible to change which palette the tall grass animation refers to, without messing up the normal grass animation? If I can do that, I can just change the animation to what I need it to be (that is, if I can remember how to get to the grass animations...)

Many thanks to anyone who can help!!!
Here is the tutorial that shows you how to change the grass animation. I'm not sure about changing the pallet though.

Quote originally posted by DavidJCobb:
I think there's actually a new tool out now that does what you're asking.
Unfortunately that tool doesn't change the tall grass animation. It is only for tiles that are moving constantly and aren't influenced by any interaction you have with them, like the flowers and the ocean waves :P
Old August 26th, 2011 (02:11 AM). Edited August 26th, 2011 by darkprince909.

@DavidJCobb: I actually found that tool a few months ago. Very useful. I've already added a new shallow water animation to my hack, and have plans for other animations I'd like to add. If anyone cares to see it, it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FP16yRnFxI

@DrFuji: Ah, I remember that tutorial now. That's the one I was looking for earlier. Yeah, I don't see anything mentioning splitting the palette for different colors of grass... Hmm... maybe if we found the offset under the tall grass's animation that called up what palette it uses, we could change it to reference a different one without messing up other grass tiles... Unfortunately, I am pretty inexperienced with a HEX editor. I can follow simple stuff and make changes if it's laid out bare in front of me, but I don't know yet how to actually look for what needs to be changed and then change it to what I need. If someone knows what I'm looking for, I guess send me a PM or something

Edit: P.S. DrFuji: I took a look at a beta for Lilac not too long ago. I didn't get too far, cuz another game got my attention (*cough* Chrono Cross *cough*), but I really liked what I saw. Keep up the good work. And if you have time, could you maybe take a look at what I've got for my project so far? It's on serebii right now, I probably won't bring it over here until my team and I can get it closer to a beta release, but here's the link if you're interested. http://beta.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=505339 The first few pages are mostly fakemon sprites, some good, some not so good. We're still working on that, but a few pages in I started posting a few maps, too.
Old August 26th, 2011 (02:36 AM).
../\..

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
having issues with warps in A-map, in A-map i have checked every warp works again and again and again and there defiantly all in the right place. But in game when i try to enter the building the screen goes black and the rom freezes.

Any ideas?

Old August 26th, 2011 (02:41 AM).
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
having issues with warps in A-map, in A-map i have checked every warp works again and again and again and there defiantly all in the right place. But in game when i try to enter the building the screen goes black and the rom freezes.

Any ideas?
Is the map that you get wrapped to an interior (e.g a pokemart)? If yes, have you significantly altered the dimensions (height, length) of that map? If yes again, that's your problem. Interiors for some reason cannot take much size, and the screen goes black when you wrap to such a map-which has been changed a lot in size.
Old August 26th, 2011 (04:22 AM).
../\..

example: on original fired red rom at the end of route 2 is a building which then leads to viridian forest and at the end of the forest there is another identical building.
I have changed the first buildings dimensions and not the second, however both buildings have the same problem.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links