Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinix View Post
I think I wrote the question wrong way. I know how to debug it but when I try to break into function I need to find offset of, it only shows the loop at 8aa to 8ac etc. So I can' find offset of function I need to disassemble.
You need to know something about the function in order to find it.

For example, if the function reads data from or writes data to a specific offset in RAM, you can set a break-on-read or break-on-write to that location. When the breakpoint trips, look at the current offset; this is the ASM instruction doing the reading and writing.

From there, just use normal-VBA's disassembler on that offset and backtrack from there. Chances are, what you'll be looking at will be a subfunction... So finding the "parent" function is up to you. It really depends on what you're looking for, I think.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Shinypoliwrath
RMXP Noob

Quote:
Does anyone know the palette offsets for the gym badges, male/female hero and the rival for Fire Red? UNLZ isn't finding me the correct offsets.
Oh, and also the image offsets for the battle backgrounds.
Just like to re-ask my question since it was missed a few pages back.

would it be possible to edit Fire Red so you have 2 rivals, much the same as in Black/White? One which would follow the normal 'flow' and become league champ, and another random one that you'd run into?

Last edited by Shinypoliwrath; September 6th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinypoliwrath View Post
would it be possible to edit Fire Red so you have 2 rivals, much the same as in Black/White? One which would follow the normal 'flow' and become league champ, and another random one that you'd run into?
It should be possible if you're okay with the player not being able to name the second rival. You'd just script the rival from scratch as you would any other story character.
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Shinypoliwrath
RMXP Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
It should be possible if you're okay with the player not being able to name the second rival. You'd just script the rival from scratch as you would any other story character.
Not being able to name the second rival wouldn't be a problem. Just wondered if that sort of thing was possible. I'll have to figure out how to script sometime soon.
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:50 PM
xcv2007
Beginning Trainer

How do you get Oak to give you the national pokedex in the very beginning. I've been trying to do this for awhile, and I need it to happen to I can continue making a hack.
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcv2007 View Post
How do you get Oak to give you the national pokedex in the very beginning. I've been trying to do this for awhile, and I need it to happen to I can continue making a hack.
You need command special 0x16F.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Nature: Relaxed
I changed Follow Me to Nasty Plot in Darthatron's Attack Editor Pro. Effect works ok, but don't know how to change attack description... Is it possible to change it? Of course in hex editor it's easy but I have always problems with finding the correct text... for example I wrote "Birch" and hex editor didn't find it...
I'm using thingy32, maybe another editor is better so I can find the description

Thanks in advance
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
frochio
Beginning Trainer

When i open it, my virus program (SHAWSECURE) says its a virus, but i kno for a fact its not one. is there any other program that does the same thing? or is there a way to fix this problem? thanks
Old September 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
dudedude1

Quote:
1. How can you edit the ??? types strengths and weaknesses (Type Strenght/weakness editors won't allow it)?

2. How can you add new attacks without deleting old ones?

3. How can yo insert completely new attacks and new attack graphics?

4. I heard thethethethe had posted a ips and ini file to add more Pokemon slots to a gba ROM to add d/p Pokemon. Where can these be found?
Could someone please answers this soon. I posted a while a go and no one has gotten back to me.

Last edited by dudedude1; September 7th, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Is there anyway to change the eyecatches in Fire Red to correspond with the time of the day? This is what I am talking about:

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old September 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
lilroosterbutt

Could someone please help answer these 2 questions?

1. In Advanced Map, if you want a trainer-battle to occur "when the trainer sees the player", you put $01 in the Trainer box under Events. Correct?
Should it matter what number you put there?

2. I used the 25 "extra" spaces in the Pokedex. The sprites showed correctly when another trainer uses the custom sprites. However, after the battle, I don't see the custom pokemon under "seen" in the Pokedex.
If I leave everything as is, the game shouldn't crash when accessing the pokedex, Correct?

Thanks!
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post
Is there anyway to change the eyecatches in Fire Red to correspond with the time of the day? This is what I am talking about:

Sure with a little bit of ASM, it'd be pretty simple.
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Sure with a little bit of ASM, it'd be pretty simple.
Thanks, I'll look into finding a routine so this can be implemented in my hack.

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old September 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Nature: Timid
I have some simple questions here:

1.[SCRIPTING] What is the Command if you talk to a Person or an event Happen...After that Event the Person you have talk will disappear and will go in another place?

2.[SCRIPTING] Is the Puzzle Like in the 3 Regi's Cave is ASM?(The one when you will use Dig at the Cave,Fly in the middle,Use Strength)If it is Scripting what is the Command?

3.In Advance Map when i put 7-8 persons..When i Play in the ROM it only show 3 or 4 Person...How could i Show all the Sprite?

Thank you!

POKEMON SkyWhite COMING SOON....
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
1.[SCRIPTING] What is the Command if you talk to a Person or an event Happen...After that Event the Person you have talk will disappear and will go in another place?
There isn't one single command.

You need two persons, one on each map. Both need to have a "Person ID" that is unused; that ID corresponds to a script flag. To hide one and show another, you'd use hidesprite [Person event no] on the first one (to make it leave), and then clearflag [Person ID] on the other (to make it visible).

The general principle is that if a Person event has a Person ID of, say, 300, then setflag 300 will hide them and clearflag 300 will show them. Just remember not to use reserved flags (0x500 - 0x800 are trainer flags, and things above 0x800 are variously used for field moves, badges, enabling menus, etc.).

Quote:
3.In Advance Map when i put 7-8 persons..When i Play in the ROM it only show 3 or 4 Person...How could i Show all the Sprite?
What values did you set on the Person events?
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Quote:
There isn't one single command.

You need two persons, one on each map. Both need to have a "Person ID" that is unused; that ID corresponds to a script flag. To hide one and show another, you'd use hidesprite [Person event no] on the first one (to make it leave), and then clearflag [Person ID] on the other (to make it visible).

The general principle is that if a Person event has a Person ID of, say, 300, then setflag 300 will hide them and clearflag 300 will show them. Just remember not to use reserved flags (0x500 - 0x800 are trainer flags, and things above 0x800 are variously used for field moves, badges, enabling menus, etc.).

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm....Values?

Old September 7th, 2011, 08:44 PM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm....Values?
In the sidebar where you set the movement type and--

Select one of the Person events that isn't showing up, take a screenshot of the editor, post it. I'm guessing that something is configured improperly.
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilroosterbutt View Post
Could someone please help answer these 2 questions?

1. In Advanced Map, if you want a trainer-battle to occur "when the trainer sees the player", you put $01 in the Trainer box under Events. Correct?
Should it matter what number you put there?

2. I used the 25 "extra" spaces in the Pokedex. The sprites showed correctly when another trainer uses the custom sprites. However, after the battle, I don't see the custom pokemon under "seen" in the Pokedex.
If I leave everything as is, the game shouldn't crash when accessing the pokedex, Correct?

Thanks!
  1. Huh? The only trainer box I see on A-Map is one that can be either ticked or left empty, and not a box with values. Unless you're referring to the 'radius' box, which I doubt.
  2. Theoretically, the game would crash at the very moment you see the custom sprites from the 25 '???' slots. So I guess you're lucky it worked out for you so far. The game crashed every time I tested such methods, though.
This is my December . . .
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thrasher24
~Legendary Master~

Nature: Adamant
Where can i get the Pokemon yellow Sprite and Event Editors? Also, how can i change trainers pokemon through out game? (wat editor?)
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:29 PM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Huh? The only trainer box I see on A-Map is one that can be either ticked or left empty, and not a box with values. Unless you're referring to the 'radius' box, which I doubt.
I'm in AMap 1.95 and "Trainer" is a byte textfield. Which is good since some event-specific OWs (namely, boulders in Victory Road and Seafoam Islands) use odd values for them, i.e. $42.

Quote:
Theoretically, the game would crash at the very moment you see the custom sprites from the 25 '???' slots. So I guess you're lucky it worked out for you so far. The game crashed every time I tested such methods, though.
Eh? I've heard of people using the "?" Pokemon without problems.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
I'm in AMap 1.95 and "Trainer" is a byte textfield. Which is good since some event-specific OWs (namely, boulders in Victory Road and Seafoam Islands) use odd values for them, i.e. $42.[/FONT]
But I still don't see these bytes...I only see that box. I have 1.92 but what's the difference?

Quote:
Eh? I've heard of people using the "?" Pokemon without problems.
Well that's because these errors don't occur to everyone.
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM
DavidJCobb

Quote:
But I still don't see these bytes...I only see that box. I have 1.92 but what's the difference?
I'd check, but opening a different version of AMap would nuke my settings.

When you say "box", you're referring to a checkbox rather than a textbox, yes? I'd assume that the only difference is that the checkbox represents two values ($00 and $01), while the textbox can display and save any value (not that we know what an abnormal value actually does).
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Truality
Left for good

Quote:
I'd check, but opening a different version of AMap would nuke my settings.

When you say "box", you're referring to a checkbox rather than a textbox, yes? I'd assume that the only difference is that the checkbox represents two values ($00 and $01), while the textbox can display and save any value (not that we know what an abnormal value actually does).
In that case, $01 means 'trainer' and $00 'no trainer', correct? Yes, I meant a checkbox.

By the way:

Quote:
I remember from somewhere that when an Overworld is initially placed on an impassable block, it's not shown ingame. I have to confirm that, though, but that's what I recall. Maybe that's what causing the disappearance.
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:18 AM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Bumps!!! Some didnt Answer My questions.... :D

and another one is how could make an Earthquake Stop...What var should i Use,,,,...??

Old September 8th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Nature: Relaxed
Finally I found Follow Me description at 003BF8B5 but Nasty Plot has longer description... How to repoint that text to write longer description? Where is the pointer for that attack? Can somebody make program that allows to change description with repoint option?
There is screen from Thingy32:

Please help me!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here