The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:21 AM
M.L
Busy atm

im slightly curious so im just ganna ask firstly
you know the animation where a black bird swoops down Like in ruby when you get the silphscope and he flies off how would you write or use this ?(and can it be used for FR?)

well this didnt get answered and people dont tend to answer ''old'' questions

another question is about Animeeditor i tried to create an animation and it worked but for only a single block and not the whole tile :/
anyone know what i need to do or what i did wring??
and sorry the same thing i loaded up a tile in the correct pallete(tileset)and it didnt show the tile just a solid blue colour?
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
leews24
ha

Nature: Jolly
um, quite simple question,
I used Advaced Pokemon Sprite Editor to insert attached image
However, it appears broken like attached thumbnail in the games.

Most ppl used unlz, but it somehow tells me its not indexed...

Thanks!

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:25 PM
link12552
just tired, that's all

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by leews24 View Post
um, quite simple question,
I used Advaced Pokemon Sprite Editor to insert attached image
However, it appears broken like attached thumbnail in the games.

Most ppl used unlz, but it somehow tells me its not indexed...

Thanks!
What your seeing is bad Lz compression.

You need to save the image as an indexed PNG file (in the attachment its a jpeg), before you import it into your rom,
and you should make sure the offset your saving to is a multiple of 4 (ends in 0, 4, 8, or C).

There a couple of tutorials on this, like this one, in the tutorial section
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Beerneo
Beginning Trainer

Hi I was wondering if it was possible to remove pokemon from the FR/LG pokedex?
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
Hello there again PC!
I have some small questions again here....

1.Can i make my own Battle Screen when i Face a Trainer Like the one in Ruby when you battle a magma grunt it shows the Team Magma Logo.....[FIRERED (U)]

2./can some one give me the List of Flags that ishouldn't use?

3.Is there any Danger in ROM when repointing in A-Trainer?(Adding POKeMONS)

4.How could i set a maptile in a FarawayPlace?

5.How could i use Setmaptile forever (The setmaptile wont disappear even when you go to another city)

6.How could i jump into an event without the [PLAYER]??

Thanks in Advance!

Please answer my Questions... :D

Very needed... Thanks DavidjCob for the another Questions... :D

POKEMON SkyWhite COMING SOON....
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
FixingTheOriginals
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixingTheOriginals View Post
Has anyone ever done a complete balance fix to the original pair of games? I may be new but I didn't see it in the list: showthread.php?t=253946

edit: bah can't link because I'm new (even though I passed 3 capta and have a gmail...)
I can't believe I'm the only one ot have this idea, right?
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:46 AM
M.L
Busy atm

ohk im curious as to has their been research or any findings on a command or script like the trio beasts i gold where they roam around the region and you have a slight chance of finding them(sorry if this has been researched but i didnt find it :/)
thanx
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Die Cosmos; Sie gehören mir.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
ohk im curious as to has their been research or any findings on a command or script like the trio beasts i gold where they roam around the region and you have a slight chance of finding them(sorry if this has been researched but i didnt find it :/)
thanx
I believed it has been researched, however I believe this is done through ASM coding, not standard scripting methods.
(To be honest, though... I'd like to know the exact method that is used for the Pokemon roaming effect/script.)
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Quote:
(To be honest, though... I'd like to know the exact method that is used for the Pokemon roaming effect/script.)
yea i just went through the research thread and found nothing :/
lol also is it possible to make a beast apear in a certain area more often than other areas :/
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Bilaterus
ToBe Best Spriter ;)

Nature: Naive
Quote:
4.How could i set a maptile in a FarawayPlace?

5.How could i use Setmaptile forever (The setmaptile wont disappear even when you go to another city)
4. Well I've not tried it but you could do a setflag checkflag combo, where you would set the flag on the script when it is being said to happen (i.e. the house is built now! setflag here) then use a level script (if you don't know what they are follow this link to this tutorial ______________________ [Can't post it yet not got 15 posts -.-]) and in that you could make it such that it its like (checkflag 0x???? if 0x01 goto $???? then in that offset write the whole setmaptile thing)

5. Well to make it last forever your going to need to mess around with flags so really you should know how to do this, near the end of the script just set the flag and it should stay put (well not change back)

Hoped this helped

My (small) site offers help on all things Advance Mapping!
http://advancedfreak.webs.com/

Visit my youtube channel too and check out my tutorials on all things (you guessed it!) Advance Mapping!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AdvancedMapFreak
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
darkprince909

If you look at the space under the flower that the player is above, do you see that reflection? it only shows up on the flower tiles when im near this kind of water, and i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. ive tinkered with the block behavior settings before but no dice. thanks in advance.

Last edited by darkprince909; September 14th, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:52 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post

If you look at the space under the flower that the player is above, do you see that reflection? it only shows up on the flower tiles when im near this kind of water, and i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. ive tinkered with the block behavior settings before but no dice. thanks in advance.
Which palettes did you use for the flower? And just to make sure, can you tell us which behavior and background bytes the flower uses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilaterus View Post
5. Well to make it last forever your going to need to mess around with flags so really you should know how to do this, near the end of the script just set the flag and it should stay put (well not change back)
To the best of my knowledge, scripting flags have absolutely no effect on setmaptile.

Last edited by DavidJCobb; September 14th, 2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
darkprince909

the flower is using palette 0 on firered (the default one for grass and trees) and the only modified behavior byte is telling it to be covered by sprites (20). all the others are set to 00.
Old September 15th, 2011, 03:05 AM
treeckopa
Beginning Trainer

Is it now possible to have the 4th gen class split in Emerald? And in AdvanceMap, there are a lot of weather in the header tab. Which one is for hail? Steady snow causes no effect during battle...
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:47 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeckopa View Post
Is it now possible to have the 4th gen class split in Emerald? And in AdvanceMap, there are a lot of weather in the header tab. Which one is for hail? Steady snow causes no effect during battle...
You mean in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Generation in Emerald? You have to be a little more detailed on that question. Sorry if I'm not helpful on that.

In AdvanceMap, steady snow should be giving you the hailing effect in battle.
(I just tested in on my Emerald rom and it's giving me the hailing effect for multiple "snow" weather styles.)
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM
ManInTheMask
Pro Hacker

This is ManInTheMask, and I could use some help from you ROM Hacking experts.

THE PROBLEM:

I'm working on a GBA ROM, and one of my scripts may require using a certain song during the battle. For example, in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, you hear a certain theme when you battle Team Aqua/Magma grunts and the boss. This also applies for Gym Battles in any game normally, but in this case, I want to use this for GBA ROMs.

MY GOAL:

My goal is to create a battle script using a certain type of track in the game's music collection. I'm counting on you guys to help me out!
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
treeckopa
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
You mean in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Generation in Emerald? You have to be a little more detailed on that question. Sorry if I'm not helpful on that.

In AdvanceMap, steady snow should be giving you the hailing effect in battle.
(I just tested in on my Emerald rom and it's giving me the hailing effect for multiple "snow" weather styles.)
Sorry cause I don't know much English...maybe I should say...
In Emerald, whether a move is physical or special depends on the type of the move.
Can I change it so that it depends on the move itself, just like DPPt/HGSS?

However in my emerald, both steady snowing and three snow flakes give me no effect in battle...
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Community Supporter

Quote:
Sorry cause I don't know much English...maybe I should say...
In Emerald, whether a move is physical or special depends on the type of the move.
Can I change it so that it depends on the move itself, just like DPPt/HGSS?

However in my emerald, both steady snowing and three snow flakes give me no effect in battle...
I believe there is a tool that can help you with editing the attack move types.
Again, I believe you can edit the moveset traits with the certain tools.

I'll have to work with the Emerald weather set again.
I may have edited mine to allow the hailing effect to start at the beginning of a battle. (Local hex edits.)
But, I gotta check.
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Thrasher24
~Legendary Master~

Nature: Adamant
How do i activate a hex? i want 2start my emerald hack with the nat dex
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
treeckopa
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
I believe there is a tool that can help you with editing the attack move types.
Again, I believe you can edit the moveset traits with the certain tools.

I'll have to work with the Emerald weather set again.
I may have edited mine to allow the hailing effect to start at the beginning of a battle. (Local hex edits.)
But, I gotta check.
It seems that the move editor doesn't allow me to choose whether a move is physical or special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher24 View Post
How do i activate a hex? i want 2start my emerald hack with the nat dex
Are you talking about national pokedex?
For Emerald, setflag 0x861 can activate your pokedex, while special 0x1F3 can upgrade your pokedex into national pokedex.

Last edited by treeckopa; September 16th, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote:
It seems that the move editor doesn't allow me to choose whether a move is physical or special...

Are you talking about national pokedex?
For Emerald, setflag 0x861 can activate your pokedex, while special 0x1F3 can upgrade your pokedex into national pokedex.
That's because it doesn't, they were on about the type, as they misread what you meant.

As far as I know, there is no actual patch or tool or whatever to change whether a move is physical or special, but there has been a development in the same idea in Firered in the Research and Development area. You could ask in that thread if it was possible to do it for Emerald, and how.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

I've been working on a hack called Der Erif, subtitled "Fire Red: Backwards Edition". Naturally, this is a hack of Fire Red in which the path from Viridian to Pewter is blocked and the player must go south of Pallet, in which all of the water has been changed to land, and the map/trainers/scripts are adjusted to create a path that takes the gyms entirely backwards, not including Viridian, which will remain last.

My problem arises after Blaine is beaten. I do not want the Sevii Islands at that point in the game (as it would be after the first gym) so I deleted the scripts of Bill and his boat in Cinnabar, but once the player exits Cinnabar gym, the script begins for Bill to show up and invite the player to the Sevii Islands. After checking all of the scripts in Cinnabar Island, none of them have any mention of Bill's invitation. On another forum someone told me that this is a "Level script" but when I asked him how to change it he told me to come here because apparently you guys are pretty chill.

So rambling aside: Where is the script that cues for Bill to invite the player to the Sevii Islands and how do I remove it? It would be much appreciated.
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slike View Post
On another forum someone told me that this is a "Level script" but when I asked him how to change it he told me to come here because apparently you guys are pretty chill.

So rambling aside: Where is the script that cues for Bill to invite the player to the Sevii Islands and how do I remove it? It would be much appreciated.
AdvanceMap. Header tab. "Map script" section.

"Script no." combobox allows you to select a level script to view, if there are more than one. "Open script" will view the selected script in XSE, allowing you to make sure that you don't delete the wrong one.

Most maps have a script that runs the "setworldmapflag" command and does little else; these are normal, don't delete them. They mark a flightspot as usable if the map has one.

In your case, it looks like Cinnabar Island's 0th level script contains both the setworldmapflag command and parts of Bill's script... So replace it with a script that only runs setworldmapflag, and then delete all other level scripts.
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Derriken
Beginning Trainer

Im fairly new to scripting, and i was wondering; Is there a way to force an egg to hatch, whether through a special or ASM or some such? If not, is there a way to ramp up the step counter so it hatches sooner?

PS. Im using FR.
Any help is highly appreciated, thanks!
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
xyer
Beginning Trainer

Heyho, just another newb asking some questions.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to check the levels of the pokemons that are in the players party? If someone could show me a way to do this that would be really helpful.

Another question is how to use the Pokedollar/Yen/whatever sign in a msgbox?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links