The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
dudedude1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
I was wondering if there's a program that lets you edit the type names of pokemon. For example I want to change "normal" to "holy." I've been searching for an hour now to no avail.
Hey, I can finally answer one! First off, to change it in an editor you can go into the ini file and change normal to holy. Then to change the icon go on tile molester an go to the offset 00E95FDC if you are hacking FR or LG. If you are hacking Ruby, Sapphire, or emerald open them up in unlz gba and go to 1485 and edit it. Also for RSE you can refer to this thread: http://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4223971
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedude1 View Post
Hey, I can finally answer one! First off, to change it in an editor you can go into the ini file and change normal to holy. Then to change the icon go on tile molester an go to the offset 00E95FDC if you are hacking FR or LG.
I've been trying to find the correct palette offset for the Type List, but I can't figure it out. I'm hacking Fire Red btw. I load the rom in to TM, but the palette is wrong.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
dudedude1

Quote:
I've been trying to find the correct palette offset for the Type List, but I can't figure it out. I'm hacking Fire Red btw. I load the rom in to TM, but the palette is wrong.
You have to change the palette to your liking (which is such a bother) and insert your new type.
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Retrophaze
Beginning Trainer

When I make an NPC move, how do I get him to stay where he is after I leave the map and come back? Heres my script. Fire Red btw. Thanks in advance.
Spoiler:
#org $gate
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x01 goto $pass
message $1
$1 1 =Only skilled trainers may pass.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $pass
checkflag 0x1210
if 0x01 goto $finish
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 6 $move1
$move1 1 ; #binary 0x62 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $2
$2 1 =Wow...\pAll 8 badges!\pYou may pass. Good luck.
boxset 6
applymovement 6 $move2
$move2 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
setflag 0x1210
release
end

#org $finish
lock
faceplayer
message $4
$4 1 =God speed.
boxset 6
release
end
Old November 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
romancandle
Togepi

Nature: Adamant
If I replace the Nido lines by two different lines of fakemons--will the NidoF replacement still breed into the NidoM replacement? Even if they're 50/50 gender? And if so, is there a way to fix this?

I'm hacking Fire Red.
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
オダマキ・サファイア
Beginning Trainer

Is there a special for FR where the game is saved but with out having to bring up the save menu?
Like the one in R/S in the battle tower. (special 0xF0)

I think that it's still special 0xF0 in FR but I'm not that sure. :/

Can anyone help me?

Old November 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM
mrb1946
Beginning Trainer

What program can I use to edit the levels that pokemon evolve at in G/S/C? Thanks!
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:45 PM
pikachu15396
Flygon Seeker

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to pikachu15396
I want to find out how to Expand my rom using XSE (JUST THAT!) but i have no clue and no place tells me.. and i can't open up tools using a rom expander.
Old November 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu15396 View Post
I want to find out how to Expand my rom using XSE (JUST THAT!) but i have no clue and no place tells me.. and i can't open up tools using a rom expander.
Open your ROM in XSE and goto Tools > ROM Resizer. Click Expand.
Old November 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
pikachu15396
Flygon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Open your ROM in XSE and goto Tools > ROM Resizer. Click Expand.
I looked for ROM Resizer in it. no such thing.
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Is it safe to alter the map bank header and change the number of reserve maps? will it overwrite the offset to free bytes or replace already used offsets? just learning how to make new maps. would appreciate some clarification on the matter

another problem i have is why is it everytime I insert a new map to its correct map bank it appears under pallet town in the map bank head view.

Last edited by masterquestmq; November 6th, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
Is it safe to alter the map bank header and change the number of reserve maps? will it overwrite the offset to free bytes or replace already used offsets? just learning how to make new maps. would appreciate some clarification on the matter

another problem i have is why is it everytime I insert a new map to its correct map bank it appears under pallet town in the map bank head view.
For the first part of the question I can't answer you with 100% certainty but I think that it's safe, though it does take up space.
As for the map insertion problem, download advance map 1.90 and you won't have that problem. Though only use it for inserting, when mapping using the multiple blocks selector thing, it damages your ROM(so use 1.92 for mapping and 1.90 for insertion :D).

EDIT: Sorry looks like while I was gone 1.95 was out, so use that instead of 1.92 :D

Last edited by Alignment; November 6th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old November 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

Is it possible to hack the abilities Guts, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate such that they will affect Special stats as well as physical (Guts/Marvel Scale boosting both Physical and Special Attack/Defense, Intimidate lowering Special Attack as well as Attack)?
Old November 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Kaith
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
Is anyone having trouble with advance trainer? The one by Hackmew. I've been using PET and have been getting really annoyed with it so I tried advance trainer. However, whenever I extract it from the .zip folder, it gets deleted right away.
Help?

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old November 7th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Magius

How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krika View Post
Is it possible to hack the abilities Guts, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate such that they will affect Special stats as well as physical (Guts/Marvel Scale boosting both Physical and Special Attack/Defense, Intimidate lowering Special Attack as well as Attack)?
The only thing you can do is to change effects of abilities to different effects that are already in ROM.
I don't think you can exactly hack abilities to make them do different effects then those that are already implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
Is anyone having trouble with advance trainer? The one by Hackmew. I've been using PET and have been getting really annoyed with it so I tried advance trainer. However, whenever I extract it from the .zip folder, it gets deleted right away.
Help?
Make an exception in your anti-virus software or disable it for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post
How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.
Debug ROM does not work with A-Text or XSE?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:44 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
I looked for ROM Resizer in it. no such thing.

When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Hey two questions.

You know when you click start, and theres that blue thing at the bottom of the screen. It got gargled so I need to repoint a new one. Where can I find it? (Preferably in UnLZ but offset is fine.)

You know how crys and cleverly attached to pokepics? Well it gets annoying when you do this.

Spoiler:

Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?
If you can find a program that can alter Pokemon cries, then you can change the dummy Pokemon slots' cries to silent 0-length ones.

Alternatively, if you're using JPAN's engine in that FireRed hack, you can read the instructions for his "Show uncompressed picture" feature.
Old November 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Epitaph93

Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:03 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Quote:
Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?
It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM
pikachu15396
Flygon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.
I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"

Quote:
I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"
ugh, forget it. i didn't want to play that hack anyways..

Last edited by pikachu15396; November 7th, 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
pidizz
ludicolo Will defeat anything!

Nature: Relaxed
Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

titlescreen.png

And this is what i got in game:

titlescreeningame.PNG
And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
And the palletes are wrong too
Would appreciate some help here
Thanks.

Last edited by pidizz; November 8th, 2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: pictures
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidizz View Post
Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

Attachment 62504

And this is what i got in game:

Attachment 62505
And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
And the palletes are wrong too
Would appreciate some help here
Thanks.
I don't know if i can really help here you because i never hacked a ruby TS but imma try :3
First off as much info you gave it seems to me that you didn't import a new raw file means you just inserted the new picture.
And you didn't use APE to hack the pallete
Also i would suguest using a tutorial if you aren't using one like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qEygDQfBiE
And you should look up a tutorial how to index a picture right because it seems to me like you made somehting there wrong too
use this one for example
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/427990..._fire_red_rom/
hope i was able to help you a little bit...or hope i showed you the road of how to do it xDD
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)
Okay I found it using your method, and like you said they were all grouped together around 416180. The only problem is that I can't find "Pokemon" anywhere in this area. Any idea where it might be? I'll keep manually searching.

EDIT: Never mind lol. I found it a little ways up. I was searching all over the place then finally started searching close to the text lol. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Epitaph93; November 8th, 2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Face Palm
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links