Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 14th, 2011 (07:15 PM).

Could some on help me??
I'm trying to make a legendary battle.
here is the script I used:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 6
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry

$cry 1 =Chari-zasdfghjjgfsd!!
boxset 6
wildbattle 6 30 0x00
pause 0x60
fadescreen 0
removesprite 0x800f
setflag 0x1211
release
end

heres the problem
after I fight/Catch the pokemon (Charizard in my case)
it goes back to where I was before the battle and a red selection box thingy goes up in the
corner and the letters Z and N appears of the OW charizard.It won't let me move
until I click A then it plays a sound Like I selected something plays.

if you walk away from th OW the musc gets REALLY soft and one of the people
walking around the town has a chunk missing from his head.
I can rebattle it as much as I want and it won't go away.
I have a video I could show you if you want.
But anyway, can anyine help me??
Old December 14th, 2011 (08:02 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by dragonluver449:
Could some on help me??
I'm trying to make a legendary battle.
here is the script I used:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 6
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry

$cry 1 =Chari-zasdfghjjgfsd!!
boxset 6
wildbattle 6 30 0x00
pause 0x60
fadescreen 0
removesprite 0x800f
setflag 0x1211
release
end

heres the problem
after I fight/Catch the pokemon (Charizard in my case)
it goes back to where I was before the battle and a red selection box thingy goes up in the
corner and the letters Z and N appears of the OW charizard.It won't let me move
until I click A then it plays a sound Like I selected something plays.

if you walk away from th OW the musc gets REALLY soft and one of the people
walking around the town has a chunk missing from his head.
I can rebattle it as much as I want and it won't go away.
I have a video I could show you if you want.
But anyway, can anyine help me??
This question really belongs in the Script Help thread.

But in answer to your question:
Have you tried viewing the script in A-Map? Use XSE to double check the script is in working order when you place your offset into A-Map. Unfortunately, you can't use Pokescript as a script viewer because you don't write scripts in Pokescript.

Is the legendary's sprite number 0x800f?
And are you sure setflag 0x1211 hasn't been used before?
You might also want to use waitstate after the wildbattle.
Also, don't leave any gaps in your script, you have one in the middle of message $cry and the message script.

Old December 15th, 2011 (07:46 AM).

How would I make a script run immediately after Oak's introduction, like in Black and White when the part with Cheren and Bianca happens before you get control of your character? Also, where is the data for the coordinates you start at stored? I want to change the location the hero character starts at on the map. I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in my search.
Old December 15th, 2011 (07:56 AM).
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by The Fanciful Cerberus:
How would I make a script run immediately after Oak's introduction, like in Black and White when the part with Cheren and Bianca happens before you get control of your character? Also, where is the data for the coordinates you start at stored? I want to change the location the hero character starts at on the map. I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in my search.
I believe there is a program for editing where you start, I'm not sure of the name though, sorry.

If you want a script to start straight after Oak's Speech, then add it on to Oak's Speech script.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old December 15th, 2011 (08:16 AM).

Quote originally posted by EdensElite:
I believe there is a program for editing where you start, I'm not sure of the name though, sorry.

If you want a script to start straight after Oak's Speech, then add it on to Oak's Speech script.
Do you know what offset his speech is at?
Old December 15th, 2011 (11:38 AM). Edited December 15th, 2011 by Nate VonGrimm.

You would need to create a Level script.
A level script activates when the player enter's a map. So in this case, you need one if you want some action to happen before you start playing.

Also, there is a program out there that can change your starting location but I cannot remember what it is called. Look though the Toolbox Forum. Should be there somewhere.

Old December 15th, 2011 (12:37 PM).

First of all I would like to clarify that my question has already been resolved. (At least in part). I finally managed to understand a tutorial I've seen in the forum section.
A greeting.
Old December 15th, 2011 (01:29 PM).

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
Okay, I'm looking for some help over here. It seems like nobody uses the Season Editor casue they don't know how. Well I implemented it [with relative success] and will post a tutorial soon but I've run into an error. First off: The seasons don't change in December. Idky. Secondly: At first everything is fine, however during the winter when I enter a menu [Bag/Trainer Card/Pokedex etc] the palettes/tiles get all screwy until I enter a house/building. Any advice?

This is what I mean. The left is what it's supposed to look like, the right is what it looks like after opening a menu or engaging in a wild battle.
I'm afraid this could be an issue with the Day, Night and Seasons patch itself. I'm not a 'big' user on DNS as of yet because I do not fully trust it works 100%.
I am assuming the tiles go all weird because the tiles haven't been added into the game itself. I'm guessing you would have to take snowy tiles and insert them into A-Map and make them part of the game.

I am just guessing as I haven't really tested DNS properly yet. If I find out more for you, I shall let you know.

Old December 15th, 2011 (03:55 PM).
has left

Nature: Brave
when I try to compile a script in XSE it gives me this message
Spoiler:
Unknown command "end" at line 5

When I delete that command and try to compile it, it gives me another message
Spoiler:
Unknown command "release" at line 4

does anyone know whats wrong?
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:01 PM).
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by AustinWolff:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Did you try restarting XSE? Sometimes I get a similar problem (but usually with random letters), and restarting XSE usually helps.
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:04 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It sounds like your copy of XSE is glitched since it doesn't even recognise two the most basic of commands. Try to download it again from another source if possible.
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:11 PM).
has left

Nature: Brave
thanks guys. I will probabaly just redownload it from hackmews page. I also have a script question. In my script my setvar is 0x6000 0x1. for the Amap var value, what would I put into there? would in be 6000?
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:33 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

thanks guys. I will probabaly just redownload it from hackmews page. I also have a script question. In my script my setvar is 0x6000 0x1. for the Amap var value, what would I put into there? would in be 6000?
If you don't want the script to be repeated when you step on the tile again, put 0 in the variable value box (assuming you haven't changed this variable beforehand) and 6000 in the variable number box. The variable number and value boxes work with each other to determine when to run your script. If the variable's in-game value is equal to what is in the value box, then the script will be performed, if not it will be skipped. Since you're setting 0x6000 to 0x1 during your script, then next time you go over the script again the value will have changed from 0x0 allowing you to bypass it.
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:36 PM).

This probably sounds pretty stupid, but is their a way to preview the game without playing it on VBA? Because I don't want to go through the whole game to get to an ending part.
Old December 15th, 2011 (04:53 PM).

I'm having problems with my XSE too, actually. Sometimes it just refuses to save my script changes when I try to compile them for advance map. I'll change some stuff and the compile process will happen, but when I open it from am again everything has reverted back. I've tried restarting XSE and Advance Map, but nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating. >.<

(For anyone who's curious, by the way, I found where your starting location is stored in Fire Red so you can edit it in Hex.)
Old December 15th, 2011 (06:01 PM).
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by mrpengo88:
This probably sounds pretty stupid, but is their a way to preview the game without playing it on VBA? Because I don't want to go through the whole game to get to an ending part.
Typically, I usually put a warp somewhere in the players hometown to go anywhere. I also have a script that gives me all the badges and a couple Pokemon, along with any useful items. But, imo, you should play through the entire game, if only to make sure everything is working as it should.

(For anyone who's curious, by the way, I found where your starting location is stored in Fire Red so you can edit it in Hex.)
I'd be interested to know where that is, since the SMCA program won't work for my rom for whatever reason.
Old December 15th, 2011 (07:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by redriders180:
I'd be interested to know where that is, since the SMCA program won't work for my rom for whatever reason.
Spoiler:
0x54A08 is your starting X coordinate on the map and 0x54A00 is your starting Y coordinate. If you just want to change where on the starting map you pop up, go to those in hex and edit them.

For example, I use Hex Workshop. I click go-to and type in 54A00 (the Y coordinate). It brings me to 06, which is my current Y coordinate. I want my Y coordinate to be 02 though, so I just type 02 over the 06 and save. Now on a new game I start in that position.

I'm not sure what the specifics are if you want to change the map too because I didn't need to work that out, but the starting map is at 0x54A04 and the bank of the starting map is at 0x54A06.

How can I give a Pokemon a unique id that will allow it to be specifically given to someone (even after evolution), but not others of the same type?
Old December 15th, 2011 (07:46 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Hello I finally got a snivy sprite,info and a lvl script in pokemon ruby. Now how do I add a icon to snivy in the pokemon party box?! Please and thanks!
Old December 15th, 2011 (08:08 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

How can I give a Pokemon a unique id that will allow it to be specifically given to someone (even after evolution), but not others of the same type?
Sorry, but I can't really understand your question. If I'm interpreting it correctly, you're asking how can you go about distinguishing a single Pokemon from others of the same species that you could catch in the wild - Is that correct?

If you're using JPAN's Hacked FR Engine, you could do this by giving the Pokemon you want to differentiate increased contest stats (Cool, Tough, Smart etc.) which are, for all intents and purposes, invisible. These changes will stay with the Pokemon forever regardless of evolution so it should be exactly what you're looking for. When you need to check for that specific Pokemon in a script, you will be able detect the changes and then continue on from there.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how you would be able to differentiate Pokemon in an unmodified engine (other than using ASM to get the job done). Hopefully this helps.

Quote originally posted by movieguy12:
Hello I finally got a snivy sprite,info and a lvl script in pokemon ruby. Now how do I add a icon to snivy in the pokemon party box?! Please and thanks!
You can use Wichu's Icon Editor to edit the small pictures of Pokemon that you see in your party/ PC.
Old December 15th, 2011 (08:22 PM).

Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
Sorry, but I can't really understand your question. If I'm interpreting it correctly, you're asking how can you go about distinguishing a single Pokemon from others of the same species that you could catch in the wild - Is that correct?

If you're using JPAN's Hacked FR Engine, you could do this by giving the Pokemon you want to differentiate increased contest stats (Cool, Tough, Smart etc.) which are, for all intents and purposes, invisible. These changes will stay with the Pokemon forever regardless of evolution so it should be exactly what you're looking for. When you need to check for that specific Pokemon in a script, you will be able detect the changes and then continue on from there.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how you would be able to differentiate Pokemon in an unmodified engine (other than using ASM to get the job done). Hopefully this helps.

You can use Wichu's Icon Editor to edit the small pictures of Pokemon that you see in your party/ PC.

Idk if this matters but this not a pokemon I replaced it is one of the 25 free slots...so can I still use that program?
Old December 15th, 2011 (08:28 PM).
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by movieguy12:
Idk if this matters but this not a pokemon I replaced it is one of the 25 free slots...so can I still use that program?
The thread information about the tool says that you can repoint the ???????? icons with it, so it should be okay to use.
Old December 15th, 2011 (08:45 PM). Edited December 15th, 2011 by movieguy12.

Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
The thread information about the tool says that you can repoint the ???????? icons with it, so it should be okay to use.
awesome, but after looking it over I really don't understand how "add" snivys icon into Any program...
Idk if I'm suppose to index his icon
Idk how to load it into a program
Again I'm not wanting to replace any other icon but wanting to add...

i dont expect you to answer those just maybe a tutorial.

thanks so much this is the last thing stoping me from fully enjoying ruby with my snivy :)

Also jw is there any hacks that allow me to put snivy in pearl or platinum or diamond?
Old December 15th, 2011 (11:27 PM).
Yours truly
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
I'm having problems with my XSE too, actually. Sometimes it just refuses to save my script changes when I try to compile them for advance map. I'll change some stuff and the compile process will happen, but when I open it from am again everything has reverted back. I've tried restarting XSE and Advance Map, but nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating. >.<

I can't say for sure what the problem is but I've heard of AdvanceMap locking up your ROM. Essentially, if you open your ROM in AdvanceMap, then compile a script with XSE, and then make a change in AdvanceMap without re-opening your ROM it may revert to the version before you compiled the script (in essence undoing the script compilation). Again, I don't know if that's what's happening but I've had the problem happen to me with other tools so it's a possibility.

Brother of Vrai
Old December 16th, 2011 (08:04 AM).
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Do you know what offset his speech is at?
It would be attached to his OW in A-Map.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old December 16th, 2011 (01:35 PM). Edited December 16th, 2011 by The Fanciful Cerberus.

Is there a way to make an animation play when my Abra overworld Teleports? I can definately think of some really roundabout ways of doing it, but is there a simple command or script I could write that would let me access that animation for a moment?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links