The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:35 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

I want a good scripting tutorial. I only know a little bit about talking script and give item scripts. I want to learn more about scripting. Now my question: What is te best scripting tutorial, maby a few lessons? It's for Pokémon Fire Red.
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:50 AM
WintersDreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
I want a good scripting tutorial. I only know a little bit about talking script and give item scripts. I want to learn more about scripting. Now my question: What is te best scripting tutorial, maby a few lessons? It's for Pokémon Fire Red.
I don't know if this is Firered I forgot but I learnt with diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial :)
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I think the best one out the is diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial. It covers a lot. Next time go to the tutorial section and pick out one on your own in your own opinion so you receive what you want.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:30 AM
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

I am using XSE and Advance Map. I am terrible at scripting. The only experience I have is screwing with talking scripts. I have a script that would give me a Magikarp. I need to know how to put it into the ROM, and then add it to a person event. I have the person, standing in Pallet Town. I just need to figure out how to add the script to him.

Hacks I support:

Old December 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kemon Trainer Red View Post
I am using XSE and Advance Map. I am terrible at scripting. The only experience I have is screwing with talking scripts. I have a script that would give me a Magikarp. I need to know how to put it into the ROM, and then add it to a person event. I have the person, standing in Pallet Town. I just need to figure out how to add the script to him.
You might want to read a scripting tutorial. Most of them have sections on inserting the script.
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:56 PM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

How do you make a map totally from scratch?

I know how to edit pieces of the maps but I don't know how to link them together the way that I want.

Old December 31st, 2011, 10:04 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
How do you make a map totally from scratch?

I know how to edit pieces of the maps but I don't know how to link them together the way that I want.
To link all the pieces together, you need to make a tilemap, which is basically a file that says which piece goes where. The easiest way to make a Tilemap is to use a program called Nameless Tile Map Editor, or NTME. As for inserting the tilemap into the game, there's a tutorial somewhere I don't know.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old December 31st, 2011, 10:13 PM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
To link all the pieces together, you need to make a tilemap, which is basically a file that says which piece goes where. The easiest way to make a Tilemap is to use a program called Nameless Tile Map Editor, or NTME. As for inserting the tilemap into the game, there's a tutorial somewhere I don't know.
Thank you so much! *hugs*

I really appreciate it.

Old January 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

I have a script from a tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= CHARIZARD: Raaarrgghh!

It's for Fire Red, but in XSE I got the error that Wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B is incorrect. Please help!
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
I have a script from a tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1

It's for Fire Red, but in XSE I got the error that Wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B is incorrect. Please help!
I just tried to compile your script, and it worked fine for me. If it's still not working, maybe redownload XSE. Also, I edited your script just a touch to make it work better:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
I just tried to compile your script, and it worked fine for me. If it's still not working, maybe redownload XSE. Also, I edited your script just a touch to make it work better:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
I still got this message

Last edited by SKRoy; January 1st, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old January 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
I still got this message
then you probably need to update your XSE.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM
redriders180

I guess it's time for me to ask a question:

I read somewhere that when you use the "setwildbattle", all the data of the Pokemon you set is written somewhere in the RAM or whatever, and can be changed, to make sure its a certain gender, or giving it different moves, and the like. I wanna know: does anyone knows where this data is stored, and how it's stored? I have to make some highly specific encounters, and this'd make the job alot easier.

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I still got this message
Try to add buffers (0x0) to wildbattle.
Like this... wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0 (maybe less or more 0x0s)...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I guess it's time for me to ask a question:

I read somewhere that when you use the "setwildbattle", all the data of the Pokemon you set is written somewhere in the RAM or whatever, and can be changed, to make sure its a certain gender, or giving it different moves, and the like. I wanna know: does anyone knows where this data is stored, and how it's stored? I have to make some highly specific encounters, and this'd make the job alot easier.
The wild Pokemon's data begins in FR's RAM at 0x0202402C and you can change aspects of the wildbattle by using the command 'setbytetooffset'. You can change a few things with this, such as the Pokemon's stats and nickname (You can see the data structure utilised here). For example, if I wanted to fight a level 5 Bulbasaur with 255 Special Defense specifically an excerpt of the script will look like this:

Code:
setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
writebytetooffset 0xFF 0x202408E
dowildbattle
Unfortunately, a lot of the 'meat' (PokeRus infection, EVs, moves, happiness etc.) is encrypted/ DMAC protected meaning that it cannot be read/ easily edited without ASM to unlock it - JPAN's engine has the ability do this, but it is limited to only the party Pokemon at this time. This locked information is all located in the 'data' segment that you can see in the article I linked earlier.

Last edited by DrFuji; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:50 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

then you probably need to update your XSE.
Oké, I want to, but in Hackmew's toolbox is the link wrong, so I can't download it. Does someone has a link for me?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
armanr
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to hack a new ability? Abilities like mountaineer (immunity to rock), dragon blood (restores hp when hit by a dragon type) and fast freeze (doubles speed in hail) as well as others have been speculated about and I was wondering if there is a hacking tool to do this because I'm trying to make a pokemon remake. Thanks
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanr View Post
Is it possible to hack a new ability? Abilities like mountaineer (immunity to rock), dragon blood (restores hp when hit by a dragon type) and fast freeze (doubles speed in hail) as well as others have been speculated about and I was wondering if there is a hacking tool to do this because I'm trying to make a pokemon remake. Thanks
There is no tool to do this. You would have to edit the games engine with ASM, which is no easy task.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
armanr
Beginning Trainer

Okay, pity. Thanks for your quick response.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Indescribled

I have pksvui as my script editor, how would I make a script where someone gives me a Pokemon and talks to me in the same script? I can get him to give the Pokemon but all it says is "blabla received an Eevee."
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

I am trying to add MISSINGNO to my Fire Red hack. I have YAPE. I have my ROM. I know what pokemon I am going to replace. I just need to figure out how to duplicate it. I want to make Gengar into MISSINGNO. But I still want him in the game. Is there any way I can make a second Gengar with some other program before I turn it into a MISSINGNO? Or at least a way I can add a new pokedex entry and then a program to edit the moves he learns and at what levels?

Hacks I support:

Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indescribled View Post
I have pksvui as my script editor, how would I make a script where someone gives me a Pokemon and talks to me in the same script? I can get him to give the Pokemon but all it says is "blabla received an Eevee."
If it's the first Pokemon you receive you need to add a setflag to the script that activates the Pokemon option in the menu. It's setflag 0x828 I think (but I could be wrong).
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
hithere1
Beginning Trainer

I was wondering if someone could upload XSE and Advance Map 1.9.5 to something like Mediafire or Dropbox or even just attach as a file to one of their posts because currently both links are not working and I figured someone here will most like either one or both programs. I'm also sure that this is not against the rules, unless I missed something in the rules that prohibits me from asking for tools in this particular situation. If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.

Thanks for your time.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere1 View Post
I was wondering if someone could upload XSE and Advance Map 1.9.5 to something like Mediafire or Dropbox or even just attach as a file to one of their posts because currently both links are not working and I figured someone here will most like either one or both programs. I'm also sure that this is not against the rules, unless I missed something in the rules that prohibits me from asking for tools in this particular situation. If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.

Thanks for your time.
I'm pretty sure that's not the purpose of this thread. Just Google them.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
MsAllyJacqui
I'm different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kemon Trainer Red View Post
I am trying to add MISSINGNO to my Fire Red hack. I have YAPE. I have my ROM. I know what pokemon I am going to replace. I just need to figure out how to duplicate it. I want to make Gengar into MISSINGNO. But I still want him in the game. Is there any way I can make a second Gengar with some other program before I turn it into a MISSINGNO? Or at least a way I can add a new pokedex entry and then a program to edit the moves he learns and at what levels?
Why don't you just use the space after Celebi for a new pokemon? That way, you would have no need to replace Genger.
This thread goes into great detail about it. - (Sorry, I can't post links. Add this to the end of the pokecommunity url) showthread.php?t=212276
I just don't think you can add a Pokedex entry without ASM. Which is a shame really.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links