The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWolff View Post
hey, I was wondering if there is a way in a script to take pokemon away from the PC.

Also, is there a way to make an event where you can't continue unless you have certain pokemon caught in the wild?
If you're using Firered, there's a Pokemon checker special. The code would work like this:
Code:
setvar 0x8004 POKEMON_TO_SEARCH_FOR'S_HEX_NUMBER
special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @event
If you're using Ruby, I don't know of anything that'd work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
Is there a way to change the gym badges to the right color?

I've got my new gym badges in the right shapes but their colors are messed up even though I said to export the pallet.
As far as I can tell, you're limited to just five colors: White, Light gray, medium gray, dark gray, and black. After some sleuthing, I found the pallate at 0x3CD2C2, which you can edit with Advance Pallate Editor (found on the same page as Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition from my earlier answer). Of course, make sure you MAKE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND.

Edit: The pallate could be at either 0x3CD2C2 or 0x3CD2E2. They're identical, so if one doesnt work, try the other.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Last edited by redriders180; January 5th, 2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
If you're using Firered, there's a Pokemon checker special. The code would work like this:
Code:
setvar 0x8004 POKEMON_TO_SEARCH_FOR'S_HEX_NUMBER
special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @event
If you're using Ruby, I don't know of anything that'd work.

As far as I can tell, you're limited to just five colors: White, Light gray, medium gray, dark gray, and black. After some sleuthing, I found the pallate at 0x3CD2C2, which you can edit with Advance Pallate Editor (found on the same page as Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition from my earlier answer). Of course, make sure you MAKE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND.

Edit: The pallate could be at either 0x3CD2C2 or 0x3CD2E2. They're identical, so if one doesnt work, try the other.
Oh ok.

I should've thought of using APE. XD

But I have much bigger problem on my hands now. My game freezes every time my Pokemon try to evolve. :c

I have no idea why it's happening.

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Oh ok.

I should've thought of using APE. XD

But I have much bigger problem on my hands now. My game freezes every time my Pokemon try to evolve. :c

I have no idea why it's happening.
Surprisingly enough, that's happened to me before. The only thing to do is to restart from a backup point, or restart completely. Just try every backup and see if you can evolve or not.

Last edited by redriders180; January 6th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:10 PM
MsAllyJacqui
I'm different.

Okay, I'm a complete noob with XSE (I only got it today ') And I'm having so many problems, that I want to rip my hair out.
I've read multiple tutorials about XSE, and after about half an hour I figured out how to compile. And... that's as far as I got. I put the offset to a npc, and tried to talk to them - and nothing. It didn't even make the click sound.
I think this belongs here, rather then the script help thread - since I've tried multiple pre-made scripts and it still hasn't worked.
Is there something I'm missing? As I said, I only got XSE today so I'm completely new to it.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAllyJacqui View Post
Okay, I'm a complete noob with XSE (I only got it today ^^') And I'm having so many problems, that I want to rip my hair out.
I've read multiple tutorials about XSE, and after about half an hour I figured out how to compile. And... that's as far as I got. I put the offset to a npc, and tried to talk to them - and nothing. It didn't even make the click sound.
I think this belongs here, rather then the script help thread - since I've tried multiple pre-made scripts and it still hasn't worked.
Is there something I'm missing? As I said, I only got XSE today so I'm completely new to it.
I don't think any of us learned how to script in one day, so there's nothing to be really frustrated about. Learning how to script comes from trial and error, and experimentation. So I suggest that you don't let your hopes down. As for scripting tutorials, I'd suggest you read the in-built XSE Guide which I think, covers a lot of stuff. You could also read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Good luck. C:
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:30 PM
MsAllyJacqui
I'm different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary View Post

I don't think any of us learned how to script in one day, so there's nothing to be really frustrated about. Learning how to script comes from trial and error, and experimentation. So I suggest that you don't let your hopes down. As for scripting tutorials, I'd suggest you read the in-built XSE Guide which I think, covers a lot of stuff. You could also read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Good luck. C:
I discovered my problem. For whatever reason, if I place a new npc is my starter town it won't work. If I place it in any other map, its fine.
(So me almost raging at XSE was all pointless. yay. :D)
Old January 6th, 2012, 05:07 AM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Surprisingly enough, that's happened to me before. The only thing to do is to restart from a backup point, or restart completely. Just try every backup and see if you can evolve or not.
I had to back up all the way to the beginning. Ah well. It was easy enough to copy over my progress to the new game. I think looking back I messed up when I looked at myself on the A-trainer program.

Old January 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave
I am making an OW of one of the main characters, but I have a problem:

Spoiler:
The person (lets name him Jo) has a different colored hand on his right side then his left. but before I made the OW, I realized when editing that when you edit the person standing left, it is the same OW used when he is standing right. however since 2 sides are different, how would I go about editing/uploading the sprite? an example of what I'm talking about is below. in the attachments.
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Squibbid
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
This is my first time making a FireRed ROM hack (and ROM hacks in general, actually), and I have a problem I can't seem to fix:

(Using AdvanceMap, by the way)

I created a new map and inserted it just fine (it's a cave). I then went ahead and created warps so that I can get in and out. Now, my problem: I can get in the cave perfectly fine. I can't, however, get out. I don't know what to do; it's been bugging me for 2 days now. What would I need to do to fix that?
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibbid View Post
This is my first time making a FireRed ROM hack (and ROM hacks in general, actually), and I have a problem I can't seem to fix:

(Using AdvanceMap, by the way)

I created a new map and inserted it just fine (it's a cave). I then went ahead and created warps so that I can get in and out. Now, my problem: I can get in the cave perfectly fine. I can't, however, get out. I don't know what to do; it's been bugging me for 2 days now. What would I need to do to fix that?
Did you create warps inside the cave? Also, in caves, there's usually a specific tile that looks exactly like a normal ground tile, which displays the pointing-down-arrow. Make sure you put this wherever there's a spot a cave should be entered/exited

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
denash1

Nature: Relaxed
Hello,

I have learnt a lot through the tutorials on the site. I learnt how to use advance trainer, change what Pokemon appear where in the wild, edit Pokemon trains are holding as well as their attacks, but also how to edit how/when Pokemon evolve as well as their move sets.

One of the few things i would like to learn now is how to edit the routes in Pokemon and how to make wild Pokemon appear there, because everything i try to change something in places the game will just not work anymore or it does corrupt some in-game events which have to occur.

I looked at a thread on how to change the maps in pokemon firered, but when i try it i gives me white screen and the games does not load.

Any help is appreciated thanks very much for reading. When i am done with the maps i would love to release a first beta of the changes i have done.
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

I found that someone did research on used flags in fire red. but after hours of searching for it again cant seem to find it.

working with JPAN's engine

I knw the special flags are in the 0x800 region

wheres a safe place to add new flags

so far ive been using 0x200 n move up by 1 for every new event.

just out of curiosity which offset do u guys use?
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
I found that someone did research on used flags in fire red. but after hours of searching for it again cant seem to find it.

working with JPAN's engine

I knw the special flags are in the 0x800 region

wheres a safe place to add new flags

so far ive been using 0x200 n move up by 1 for every new event.

just out of curiosity which offset do u guys use?
I started at flag 0x28, and add one for each new event. Flag 0x28 is the first flag I found that isn't related to Rock Smash rocks/Cut trees/Strength boulders in the original Firered. Since I'm not using any events from Firered, I can proceed normally. Some flags you should not use. Flag 0x266 is one of these flags (it gets set when the player has an egg in the Daycare). Just make sure to do research.

Edit: Many flags are also auto-set by the game. For a full list, look here

Old January 7th, 2012, 02:34 PM
HackDeoxys
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Does anyone know a good tutorial for inserting battle bases and backgrounds? Thanks. :D
http://pkmnhackersonline.com/romhack...%20Backgrounds
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:50 PM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

What's the unlz number for the back sprites of the trainers?

Old January 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I'm not sure what the number is but I can say it is a lot easier to edit it with NSE and its bookmarks which are easily accessible.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old January 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Please be more specific. What game? They aren't compressed in FR/LG.
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
HookedOnAnAnchor
1st Generation FTW. 2nd? Good.

I am currently hacking a Pokemon Blue ROM, and back when I started (early 2011) I noticed that the opening theme with Snorlax and Jigglypuff was glitched up.

When Jigglypuff headbutts,
it instead decide to fly around the screen
(and off screen) for a while,
then then title screen is finally shown.

I didn't care at the time because you can simply skip the intro before it glitches up. Now since I have more knowledge of Pokemon ROM hacking and hex editing, I wanted to find out how to fix this glitch. All I'm asking is for the area in the data that I can look up in a hex editor where the opening takes place. Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:46 AM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Please be more specific. What game? They aren't compressed in FR/LG.
I'm editing Fire Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
I'm not sure what the number is but I can say it is a lot easier to edit it with NSE and its bookmarks which are easily accessible.

How is it accessible at all?

The only thing I can seem to edit with it is the minisprites.

Old January 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I'm editing Fire Red.
Then use NSE. It should have bookmarks allowing you to edit them with relative ease. You can find it in the Toolbox.
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnAnAnchor View Post
I am currently hacking a Pokemon Blue ROM, and back when I started (early 2011) I noticed that the opening theme with Snorlax and Jigglypuff was glitched up.

When Jigglypuff headbutts,
it instead decide to fly around the screen
(and off screen) for a while,
then then title screen is finally shown.

I didn't care at the time because you can simply skip the intro before it glitches up. Now since I have more knowledge of Pokemon ROM hacking and hex editing, I wanted to find out how to fix this glitch. All I'm asking is for the area in the data that I can look up in a hex editor where the opening takes place. Thanks.
If you've been keeping backups, you can check which version has the glitch and which one doesn't. After that, make an ips patch that can be used into the non-glitchy rom to make that one glitchy.
Then, open the ips patch with a hex editor and you can check where in rom area the patch is used to modify bytes.

If you don't have backups, your best bet would be asking someone who has modified the intro of R/B for info where the graphics are located. After you know where, calculate a pointer to that offset and find the asm for the intro.

I can't figure any other ways to do it currently but I hope either one of these helps.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
kantoandjohtoaresupreme
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
My friend and I are working on a hack of Pokemon FireRed, and we have all the easy stuff done, minor stat changes, a few type changes, (Krabby & Kingler now Water/Ground, Gyarados is Water/Dragon), and certain Pokemon can now learn moves via TM that they could not before (Golduck can now learn Psychic TM). We have come across a major problem however, the roaming legendary beast, either Raikou, Entei, or Suicune, that roams Kanto after the player beats the Elite Four and gives Celio the Ruby and Sapphire. We have drawn out on paper the new locations for the 3 beasts, so they are not roaming (don't worry, they are still going to be harder to capture, b/c they will be level 60 now, and Entei's Special Attack and Attack stats have been switched) but have not figured out a way to disable the one roaming beast the player will eventually encounter in their post-Elite Four journey. We believe the one way that will work will screw up events in the game, because what it would do is make the game not recognize that you chose a starter (the legendary beast that roams depends on your starter). Anybody have experience with this? I know it's a long shot, but your knowledge would be helpful.
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM
redriders180

Time to ask a question! This one is kinda strange...Is there a way to take a pointer, add a number to it, and STILL have a pointer? I'm making a sort of table, and i need the script to know which part of the table to read. Using Firered and JPANs hack engine

Old January 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

Old January 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

It's not working because they aren't set to allow warps. The easiest way to fix that is just to write a script that says "warp BANK MAP EXIT X-COOR Y-COOR". The other way is to click on the purple puzzle piece in A-Map. Scroll down to the button, and click on it. Then click the dropdown below "Behaviour Byte" and find "Warp". That'll fix it.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links