The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangePichu View Post
Here is the following problem I'm having (this is after I insert the sprite, write it to rom, and re open it to view it.)

Can you show the sprite you tried to insert, as well?

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old May 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
pokemetalhead_96
Enigma

I was fascinated by how the creators of Liquid Crystal managed to insert the physical-special split into FireRed for their hack, so I wanted to do the same thing for a hack I'm trying to make. Can someone teach me how? Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
TheOrangePichu
Currently working on new hack

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Can you show the sprite you tried to insert, as well?
I inserted Chaos Rush's Bulbasaur sprite. All credit goes to him.

Old May 14th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemetalhead_96 View Post
I was fascinated by how the creators of Liquid Crystal managed to insert the physical-special split into FireRed for their hack, so I wanted to do the same thing for a hack I'm trying to make. Can someone teach me how? Thanks.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234550
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Mallowigi
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys. Wondering if there is a way to remove the prof oak intro in a game? I want an intro consisting only of the player selecting the hero name (no girls allowed)

Is there a way?
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallowigi View Post
Hey guys. Wondering if there is a way to remove the prof oak intro in a game? I want an intro consisting only of the player selecting the hero name (no girls allowed)

Is there a way?
You'd have to use ASM (Assembly) to edit it out.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Mallowigi
Beginning Trainer

Basically what I need to do is to insert a routine that jumps to the naming screen then directly to the starting point, if I got it well

But how can I determine where these points are located in the rom?
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Kaith
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
What, like change the starting point of the game from the back of the truck or Red's house? Just use SMCA (Smart Map Chooser Advance).

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
No, he means removing the Oak Introduction where you name the Player, Rival and choose your gender.

Like Manipulation said, ASM is required.
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
AlphayOmega
Beginning Trainer

i´m new in this and i need to know one thing
i create with Advance Map a icy cave a i named it mount gelic
and that mount gelic is in the litleroot town if name that mount differente than
the name of the town the town will be named mount gelic
please what i have to do to name just the mount?
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM
TheOrangePichu

Sadly, I still cannot insert these sprites into the game. I thank everyone though that tried to help me. I really appreciate the effort that was put forth by everyone.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
RealMrFaceMan
Beginning Trainer

I'm hacking Firered and adding in my own little secret plot (so reading the random things like Oak's email is useful) that explains things. And in order for this to work I need to make it so you can use Surf before your first badge. I'll be nerfing (aka weakening) Surf since it's a pretty strong move, but it'll make sense. Many thanks for taking time for this, and I tried finding an answer to this question but I found nothing about it.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangePichu View Post
Sadly, I still cannot insert these sprites into the game. I thank everyone though that tried to help me. I really appreciate the effort that was put forth by everyone.
Most likely this is because it is none indexed. I haven't tried it myself, but if this is the case, you could use a program like irfanview to index it. If all else fails, download unlz gba, or (my personal preference) regular old NLZ-GBA. Using this jump around until you find some pokemon pictures, and go back to bulbasaur. There will be a normal front sprite, and a shiny back sprite. It should tell you the location of the pallette. open this up with advance pallette editor by hackmew, and change the colors to be what you need , remembering that the first one is transparent. Next you should just be able to export the images, copy and paste the sprite into the saved image, then import it.
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM
TheOrangePichu

This is so weird...it worked for me before, why not now? Maybe there's a .dll file I need? I wish there was some kind of way to get in contact with Wichu....
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hideos
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMrFaceMan View Post
I'm hacking Firered and adding in my own little secret plot (so reading the random things like Oak's email is useful) that explains things. And in order for this to work I need to make it so you can use Surf before your first badge. I'll be nerfing (aka weakening) Surf since it's a pretty strong move, but it'll make sense. Many thanks for taking time for this, and I tried finding an answer to this question but I found nothing about it.
I believe there was a flag which needs to be active. Check this guide*, it has a complete list of flags which are related to a game function.

*pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Old May 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Kiniest1
Beginning Trainer

Anyone know how to resize overworld sprites? I just realized that what I'm trying to create is very difficult to condense into what I'm trying to make.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiniest1 View Post
Anyone know how to resize overworld sprites? I just realized that what I'm trying to create is very difficult to condense into what I'm trying to make.
If I were you, I'd take a look at this tutorial. Even though it describes how to add OWs with JPANs hack engine, it also says how the OW data is structured, and if think about it a little, you'll be able to resize OWs easily.

Old May 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Kiniest1
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
If I were you, I'd take a look at: (url). Even though it describes how to add OWs with JPANs hack engine, it also says how the OW data is structured, and if think about it a little, you'll be able to resize OWs easily.
Thanks, I'll look into it later.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
vanillagfx
Togepi

Is it possible to create a new folder on AM like.. Pallet town how you click on it, it shows that towns maps.
Can I make my own or do I have to write over the others?

Youtube Channel.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillagfx View Post
Is it possible to create a new folder on AM like.. Pallet town how you click on it, it shows that towns maps.
Can I make my own or do I have to write over the others?
If you open A-map, right at the top, there's a dropdown that most likely says "Sort by <bank>.<map>". Click it, and it gives an option to sort by name.

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:08 PM
vanillagfx
Togepi

Quote:
If you open A-map, right at the top, there's a dropdown that most likely says "Sort by <bank>.<map>". Click it, and it gives an option to sort by name.
No I meant am I able to create my own drop down list for a city? Or should I write over existing maps.

Youtube Channel.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM
redriders180

Quote:
No I meant am I able to create my own drop down list for a city? Or should I write over existing maps.
I don't think I understand...I thought I just gave you a viable suggestion for showing all the Pallet Town maps?

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
It requires ASM to add more map names, if that's what you mean. And even then, Advance Map doesn't really have support for it.
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
redriders180

Looks like it's my turn to ask the questions...

I rarely edit the Wild Pokemon found on the routes in my ROM hack, because every time I do so, it completely messes up everything. I get an error message saying "There isn't a pointer found at [offset]", with [offset] obviously being an offset. This generally happens whenever I add or remove potential wild Pokemon, i.e. adding a "water" section or removing a "water" section, but it also happens when I just change values. Is there some method to changing these that I'm not getting?

Edit: Sometimes, when I'm entering level values of Wild Pokemon, I might enter, say "15", but going to another box snaps it back to zero, so I have to fight with Advance Map just to get the right levels. Maybe Advance Map just isn't a good program for this kind of thing. Is there another program that I can use for this kind of stuff? Or is there a method I'm not doing?

Double Edit: I'm using A-map 1.95. When I was using 1.92, I never had this problem. Is that a coincidence, or should I always use 1.92 for Wild Pokemon encounters?

Triple Edit: I guess a secondary question would be to ask for a way to fix any maps that have this problem already, so I'm not harassed by these popups whenever I try to access them

Last edited by redriders180; May 17th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
use 1.92 when adding new pokemon slot, never remove pokemon slots, just lower the percentage rate and add more of the same pokemon in the slots.

Sponsored Links