The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
aablmd82
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Only two tilesets can appear on the screen at a given time. The only way to remedy this problem is to use gatehouses, and remove connections between then, or places tiles that appear only in Tileset 2 either six spaces away from the top or bottom of a map, or eight spaces away from the left or right of a map (This is because the GBA's screen is wider than it is tall). If you absolutely have to have those tiles there, give both maps the same tileset 2, and transfer tiles from the original tileset 2.
Alright cool, thanks. I switched over the tileset and that worked out great, but the sprite still moves. It moves the 7th sprite on the map, and I can't figure out how to stop it.
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
You said you have ASM in your game, then can you find the ASM code from your game? You say you can call the Vs Screen animation at will in any trainer battle mean all trainer have a own VS Screen ( Example like before battle with Brock have a big Brock face at VS Screen animation )? Or can call E4/Champion VS Screen to any trainer?

PS: Can you give me your hacked rom? if you have uploaded. I wan to try it . I guess it will nice to play.

I have many question hope have someone can reply me.

1) Have any webpage have Pokemon anime song/music at midi format?

2) I seen a tutorial( link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170502) It insert 80x80 pixel DP sprite to rom. I tried before but when I test at game it looks like a crashed things. But the tutorial dosen't. How do I insert 80x80 pixel Pokemon/Trainer sprite correctly?

3) After I beat the a trainer, then I make a script to rebattle with him. But I try in game I talk to him it nothing happen. How to make a same trainer battle can battle many time(Like E4)?

4) When I use PokecryGUI to import cry at Fire Red Rom, I use F3,F4,F5(The Raikou,Entei,Suicune Poke ID) to import a wave sound, then I test in game It no problem. After that I try to battle with Venesaur, Charizard, Blatoise, Pigeot. They cry sound is same the cry I imported early. How do I fix it?

5) I use Advance map, I create a person in my game, when I test in game goto near the person,

Then I open my bag,

After that I close my bag,

I became the npc that I created, but pallet is same with the npc, why? When I after battle also have a same problem. I don't want to be the npc, How do I fix this problem?

PS: Sorry for my bad english .
0. No, I can't find the ASM at all, it's hidden somewhere in the massive quantities of bytes in my hack, and I don't know how to find it. And my hack isn't released yet v.v
1. I'm sure there are. I found a midi file of the Pokemon theme song, but it was so long ago, I don't have the site. Just try googling around for what you want.
2. Technically speaking, that tutorial doesn't teach you how to insert 80x80 sprites...it teaches you how to resize an 80x80 sprite into a 64x64 sprite, and then insert it. Putting in ANYTHING that's 80x80 won't work, because sprites are 64x64 MAX. Just resize the 80x80 ones, and use Wichu's Sprite Editor
3. When a battle is completed, a flag is set, saying that trainer has been battled. From that point on, if that flag is set, scripts will skip over any trainerbattle command and go straight to what's after. If you want to clear that flag, use "settrainerflag 0xtrainer_number". XSE has it backwards...settrainerflag clears the flag, while cleartrainerflag sets the flag.
4. Can't help you there, I've never worked with cries.
5. I believe someone else has already answered that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
They? THEY!? You are right though, the 649 patch will need to be installed on a clean ROM. It's far too interlinked to be able to split it up now.
My apologies, Jambo >_< I thought it was a group effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by aablmd82 View Post
Alright cool, thanks. I switched over the tileset and that worked out great, but the sprite still moves. It moves the 7th sprite on the map, and I can't figure out how to stop it.
Check any level scripts, to see if the movesprite2 command is in any of them. That's usually what's responsible for permanently moving OWs to different places in-game

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old July 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
KhaosKnight
The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Alright I've got a weird problem. I'm editing the intro animation in Emerald with May/Brendon on their bike, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. After Groudon and Kyogre appear their cry is played. I searched for Groudon's cry in a hex editor (95010000) and found it at (16E0C4) then changed it without a problem. But, I can't seem to find where Kyogre's cry is, I tried searching for 94010000 and others but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help me out?

Old July 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Narutofan9991

Whenever I use advance map to change wild pokemon only 1 or 2 pokemon appear at the same lvl. Why?
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
aablmd82
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Check any level scripts, to see if the movesprite2 command is in any of them. That's usually what's responsible for permanently moving OWs to different places in-game
I've already tried deleting all level scripts and everything, but it still moves the sprite. I don't think that that's the problem anyways because even if I change the person event number, it still moves the sprite. It also only moves the sprite when I enter the map through the north connection. If I enter through a warp, the sprite doesn't get moved there.

Oh, and when I move off the screen and back onto the screen, the sprite goes back to its normal location.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
I've already tried deleting all level scripts and everything, but it still moves the sprite. I don't think that that's the problem anyways because even if I change the person event number, it still moves the sprite. It also only moves the sprite when I enter the map through the north connection. If I enter through a warp, the sprite doesn't get moved there.

Oh, and when I move off the screen and back onto the screen, the sprite goes back to its normal location.
What map and bank is it? I'd like to take a closer look at what might be causing the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutofan9991 View Post
Whenever I use advance map to change wild pokemon only 1 or 2 pokemon appear at the same lvl. Why?
It's possible that A-Map didn't save all the wild Pokemon data. Which version are you using?

Old July 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
So I'm having a little issue with Gary's overworld at the intro of Fire Red. When you choose your name, then Gary's name it shows your overworlds at the top left, right? Well I've inserted the new Player OW and it shows up just fine, then I inserted Gary's, and it shows up just fine when you're playing the actual game, but when you choose Gary's name the old OW still shows up. Is there a second sprite for Gary that I'm missing? I couldn't find it in NSE or unlz
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
So I'm having a little issue with Gary's overworld at the intro of Fire Red. When you choose your name, then Gary's name it shows your overworlds at the top left, right? Well I've inserted the new Player OW and it shows up just fine, then I inserted Gary's, and it shows up just fine when you're playing the actual game, but when you choose Gary's name the old OW still shows up. Is there a second sprite for Gary that I'm missing? I couldn't find it in NSE or unlz
Gary's intro sprite is, for one reason or another, different than his OW sprite. NSE 2.X has it in bookmarks...offset is at 0x3E1980, palette at 0xE98004, and it's compressed.

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM
JBawls
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
do you have a checkflag/setflag command anywhere in your script? i believe you can put one at the end to prevent it from reappearing.
Ignore my last post please I managed to correct myself by setting flags to the correct flag and person ids. Now the sprite DOES go away but not immediately after battle... If I walk out of view then its gone for good but if I don't walk away I can still rebattle... Any ideas?

Last edited by JBawls; July 5th, 2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBawls View Post
Ignore my last post please I managed to correct myself by setting flags to the correct flag and person ids. Now the sprite DOES go away but not immediately after battle... If I walk out of view then its gone for good but if I don't walk away I can still rebattle... Any ideas?
Use a hidesprite command and then set the flag that should work....

hidesprite 0x(person event no. in hex)

that's it! :D
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
JBawls
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Use a hidesprite command and then set the flag that should work....

hidesprite 0x(person event no. in hex)

that's it! :D
It seems I am getting the same error. Here is as it appears on xse...

'---------------
#org 0x1624F5
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry 0x96 0x2
preparemsg 0x8177F9F '"Mew!"
waitmsg
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsong 0x2 0x2
waitkeypress
setwildbattle 0x96 0x5 0x0
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitstate
clearflag 0x807
special2 LASTRESULT 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x8162561
setflag 0x232
waitfanfare
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A7AE0
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x162558
clearflag 0x232
goto 0x4169236

'---------------
#org 0x162561
setvar 0x8004 0x96
goto 0x81A9236

'---------------
#org 0x1A9236
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x96
fadescreen 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x8004
msgbox 0x81A63C4 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"The [buffer1] flew away!"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x177F9F
= Mew!

#org 0x1A63C4
= The [buffer1] flew away!
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Nara567
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
I'm back with more questions. ; All of these are on a FR ROM.

So, I'm making maps and test them out in the game, and click the world map. However, instead of saying that I was on Four Island, where I was, it told me I was in the Tanoby Ruins. It would also explain why there's a picture of them every time I enter a map of the sort. I don't exactly know when this happened. Could someone help?

Another one, tying into one I asked before. I'm using JPAN's hacked engine for the walking script, but I don't know how to set the number of steps needed to activate an event. After 500 steps, I want a message to appear.

Third question, is there a way to split where you start depending on gender, similar to RSE?
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBawls View Post
It seems I am getting the same error. Here is as it appears in XSE..

Script cut for brevity
The setflag 0x807 is more important than you think it is. There is a level script associated with every such legendary wild battle. Look for it in Articuno and Zapdos' locations. You'll see a script which executes when flag 0x807 is set which is after the completion of the battle.
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:05 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Hey guys.

Here's what is up. I want to know how to make a script run when you step on a certain tile? I want to make events that run like, when you attempt to leave a certain area a message appears, and an applymovement turns the player around and sends them back a space. Thing's like that. I want tovknow this so I can script events without the player having to talk to someone.

I use Pokescript. That would be preferable please BUT XSE is also ok, although it is not my prefferred method. Thanks!

Demo coming soon!
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:45 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
Hey guys.

Here's what is up. I want to know how to make a script run when you step on a certain tile? I want to make events that run like, when you attempt to leave a certain area a message appears, and an applymovement turns the player around and sends them back a space. Thing's like that. I want tovknow this so I can script events without the player having to talk to someone.

I use Pokescript. That would be preferable please BUT XSE is also ok, although it is not my prefferred method. Thanks!
See how trigger events are programmed, as simple as that. Trigger events occur when stepping on a tile where the event is programmed to be and it points to a similar kind of script people events do when they're talked to.

If AdvanceMap can't do what you're looking for, you're going to have to repoint the event data to blank space yourself (with a hex editor) and add the wanted trigger events in there.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Narutofan9991

Quote:
What map and bank is it? I'd like to take a closer look at what might be causing the problem.

It's possible that A-Map didn't save all the wild Pokemon data. Which version are you using?
Im using version 1.0.9 I hope that answers your question due the lame character rule.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Where can I find decapitalized Pokemon Ruby, Fire Red, and Emerald ROMs at? Also how do I edit text? Do I use Advance Text and XSE or something else?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
dt200
Was and will be forever alone.

Nature: Lonely
How can I extract the sprites for an image like this? I want to extract some HG/SS sprites and I sprung over to the spriters resource but I don't know how to use them.. A little help appreciated thank you..!

Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Firered
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon HG/SS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77
Old July 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
aablmd82
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
It's just Viridian City, (3,1).
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:08 AM
LugiaMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Is the NPC's movement set to Face Down? If so, change it to No Movement.
After that I changed the NPC's movement set to No Movement, it's no problem anymore!

Thanks you very much~

Quote:
0. No, I can't find the ASM at all, it's hidden somewhere in the massive quantities of bytes in my hack, and I don't know how to find it. And my hack isn't released yet v.v
1. I'm sure there are. I found a midi file of the Pokemon theme song, but it was so long ago, I don't have the site. Just try googling around for what you want.
2. Technically speaking, that tutorial doesn't teach you how to insert 80x80 sprites...it teaches you how to resize an 80x80 sprite into a 64x64 sprite, and then insert it. Putting in ANYTHING that's 80x80 won't work, because sprites are 64x64 MAX. Just resize the 80x80 ones, and use Wichu's Sprite Editor
3. When a battle is completed, a flag is set, saying that trainer has been battled. From that point on, if that flag is set, scripts will skip over any trainerbattle command and go straight to what's after. If you want to clear that flag, use "settrainerflag 0xtrainer_number". XSE has it backwards...settrainerflag clears the flag, while cleartrainerflag sets the flag.
4. Can't help you there, I've never worked with cries.
5. I believe someone else has already answered that
0) Nevermind, do you have continue script for trainer battle / wild battle losed ASM code?

2) Thanks, I knew. My PC can't run any need .net framework .exe file ( like Wichu's Sprite Editor, NSE .exe file ). If I run it will appear 0x0000007b error. I using UNLZ-gba, but I need to use UNKOWN 25 unused space to insert my Gen IV/V Pokemon/fakemon, UNLZ-gba will replace all 25 sprite form the sprite I inserted. Have a pokemon sprite editor no need .net framework and can insert 25 unused space sprite?

3) Oh thanks tried it work.

4) ...

5) Yes, you're right. Already has someone answered that.

Thanks you for answered me many question.

Last edited by LugiaMZ; July 6th, 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
I'm back with more questions. ; All of these are on a FR ROM.

So, I'm making maps and test them out in the game, and click the world map. However, instead of saying that I was on Four Island, where I was, it told me I was in the Tanoby Ruins. It would also explain why there's a picture of them every time I enter a map of the sort. I don't exactly know when this happened. Could someone help?

Another one, tying into one I asked before. I'm using JPAN's hacked engine for the walking script, but I don't know how to set the number of steps needed to activate an event. After 500 steps, I want a message to appear.

Third question, is there a way to split where you start depending on gender, similar to RSE?
The image-before-you-enter type things are all based on names. If you never modified any names, for example, naming the Tanoby Ruins something else, or changed the name of any places, then it's most likely something in the display table has been overwritten. But it seems unlikely that only a few bytes would have been overwritten. I don't know what you have and haven't changed, but I'd compare your ROM to a clean Firered one, and compare locations of names and names used. I'm assuming, since Four Island already exists in-game, that you just used it's name, instead of renaming another name "Four Island"

For pedometer-type scripts, a peek in the manual will show you how to use built-in pedometers (there's five), or even a timer if you wanted some added realism. If you don't want to deal with that, make a script that first sets the variable to zero, then increments it by one every time you take a step. In the script, check if the variable equals 500, if it does, display the *ding* and warp out, otherwise, just continue on.

If you wanted to do that, you'll need to use alot of checkgender commands, but aside from that, it's very easy. The only thing that can't be conventionally done is flying to two different locations, depending on boy or girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutofan9991 View Post
Im using version 1.0.9 I hope that answers your question due the lame character rule.
1.0.9?!?!? That's super out of date o-o. Versions 1.92 and 1.95 are out right now, you should try and download some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt200 View Post
How can I extract the sprites for an image like this? I want to extract some HG/SS sprites and I sprung over to the spriters resource but I don't know how to use them.. A little help appreciated thank you..!
You don't know how to use them in what way? Generally, you just save the image, open it in paint, crop out what you need, and put it wherever you wanted to put it in your ROM.

Quote:
It's just Viridian City, (3,1).
The only sprite I could think of that moves at all in Viridian is the old man, which moves from laying-down to standing up after you get your Pokedex. I just did a fairly extensive test, and when I removed Viridian City's level script, I could move the old man around at will. The thing is, you said this is affecting Person No. 7, and the old man is No. 4...For my ROM, Person No. 7 is just another NPC walking around Viridian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
After that I changed the NPC's movement set to No Movement, it's no problem anymore!

Thanks you very much~

0) Nevermind, do you have continue script for trainer battle / wild battle losed ASM code?

2) Thanks, I knew. My PC can't run any need .net framework .exe file ( like Wichu's Sprite Editor, NSE .exe file ). If I run it will appear 0x0000007b error. I using UNLZ-gba, but I need to use UNKOWN 25 unused space to insert my Gen IV/V Pokemon/fakemon, UNLZ-gba will replace all 25 sprite form the sprite I inserted. Have a pokemon sprite editor no need .net framework and can insert 25 unused space sprite?

3) Oh thanks tried it work.

4) ...

5) Yes, you're right. Already has someone answered that.

Thanks you for answered me many question.
0. You mean code that lets you continue after you've lost both? It can't be done, like we said, without extensive editing, and I haven't managed to get to that level

2. If you want to replace the ?????????? sprites, you might want to check out Poke Edit Pro. All the ?????????? Pokemon point to the same sprite, so you need to edit those pointers to point to different sprites, and Poke Edit Pro can do that easily enough. Alternatively, you might want to look in getting a .net framework, if it's interfering with your hacking.

A side note: The ?????????? Pokemon don't get Pokedex entries, unless Jambo would like to detail how he gave those 25 slots dex entries in his 649 Patch...

Old July 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Nara567
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
Quote:
The image-before-you-enter type things are all based on names. If you never modified any names, for example, naming the Tanoby Ruins something else, or changed the name of any places, then it's most likely something in the display table has been overwritten. But it seems unlikely that only a few bytes would have been overwritten. I don't know what you have and haven't changed, but I'd compare your ROM to a clean Firered one, and compare locations of names and names used. I'm assuming, since Four Island already exists in-game, that you just used it's name, instead of renaming another name "Four Island"

For pedometer-type scripts, a peek in the manual will show you how to use built-in pedometers (there's five), or even a timer if you wanted some added realism. If you don't want to deal with that, make a script that first sets the variable to zero, then increments it by one every time you take a step. In the script, check if the variable equals 500, if it does, display the *ding* and warp out, otherwise, just continue on.

If you wanted to do that, you'll need to use alot of checkgender commands, but aside from that, it's very easy. The only thing that can't be conventionally done is flying to two different locations, depending on boy or girl.
Ah, alright, I see what I did. I overwrote a chamber; I didn't think those were connected to the images. Thanks.

Alright, I'm looking at it and I still don't quite understand how to set the number of steps before an event happens. Would I use compare 0x8004 0x1F4? Relatively new to scripting, sorry if this is obvious.

They flying shouldn't be a problem for me. Where would I put the script?

Additionally, I'm trying to replace the Hoppip line with the Piplup line. When inserting Piplup's sprite, all goes well. However, when I try to insert Prinplup's or Empoleon's sprite, it tells me that the file is too large, so I repoint it. unLZ tells me that it repointed, but if I go to a different sprite and back, the result is Skiploom/Jumpluff with Prinplup's/Empoleon's palette. I'm assuming the sprite didn't repoint correctly, but I don't know how to fix this. All the tutorials I've read tell me to do the same thing, but I get the same result.

Last edited by Nara567; July 6th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
supernova651
Beginning Trainer

Hello, I'm trying to write a script for pokemon ruby that does the following

1. stores the pokemon from my party so they can be recalled later.
2. removes my party
3. put in a new party
4. After a battle stores new party in a variable
5. remove new party and put in old party.

I would just like to know what code would I use to store, remove and re add my party? Is it a special (such as special 0xF5 or 0xEE(battle tower)), a special2 (special2 lastresult 0xC0 (daycare)),
or another type of command?
Old July 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova651 View Post
Hello, I'm trying to write a script for pokemon ruby that does the following

1. stores the pokemon from my party so they can be recalled later.
2. removes my party
3. put in a new party
4. After a battle stores new party in a variable
5. remove new party and put in old party.

I would just like to know what code would I use to store, remove and re add my party? Is it a special (such as special 0xF5 or 0xEE(battle tower)), a special2 (special2 lastresult 0xC0 (daycare)),
or another type of command?
This sounds more liken an assembly job to me and I could help you out if you were asking how to do it in G/S/C because I'd like to do the same thing myself in my own hack. Anyway, party data is stored in RAM. So basically, you've to know where the party data is stored exactly, use an assembly routine for moving data from ram address to another (old party data will be saved elsewhere) and use another assembly routine for putting the new party data where the old data originally was.
It's not even this easy though because you also have to find a stable area for storing the old party data in but if there is a place for doing so, it won't be a big deal.

To begin with (assuming no scripting command for this exists), start studying ASM. This handy tutorial was for example uploaded to Romhacking.net a couple of days ago: http://www.romhacking.net/documents/628/

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
Ah, alright, I see what I did. I overwrote a chamber; I didn't think those were connected to the images. Thanks.

Alright, I'm looking at it and I still don't quite understand how to set the number of steps before an event happens. Would I use compare 0x8004 0x1F4? Relatively new to scripting, sorry if this is obvious.

They flying shouldn't be a problem for me. Where would I put the script?

Additionally, I'm trying to replace the Hoppip line with the Piplup line. When inserting Piplup's sprite, all goes well. However, when I try to insert Prinplup's or Empoleon's sprite, it tells me that the file is too large, so I repoint it. unLZ tells me that it repointed, but if I go to a different sprite and back, the result is Skiploom/Jumpluff with Prinplup's/Empoleon's palette. I'm assuming the sprite didn't repoint correctly, but I don't know how to fix this. All the tutorials I've read tell me to do the same thing, but I get the same result.
I recommend the following pseudo-script:

1.Make a script tile that sets a variable, say, 0x4000, to 0x0. This script would also begin the "pedometer" script, in the way JPAN talks about in his manual
2. In the pedometer script, add 0x1 to 0x4000 for each step. After adding, compare 0x4000 to 0x1F4, and if its true, branch to the PA saying "ding!" and warping you out, otherwise, end the script. Don't forget, with JPANs, you need to also use the specials that generate wild battles, since scripts that activate when you take a step overwrite the wild battle generator.

You'd put the gender-checking scripts wherever a gender-dependent event occurs. For example:

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @boy
msgbox @higirl MSG_FACE
release
end

#org @boy
msgbox @hiboy MSG_FACE
release
end

#org @hiboy
= Yo, dude!

#org @higirl
= Yo, lady!

That's just one small example, but all gender-dependant scripts will have the beginning in common: checking the gender, and then branching.

3. UNLZ.gba is designed to view every compressed image in the ROM, in order. Since you repointed the image, you placed it in a different location...however, it didn't erase the previous image. Basically, the Skiploom sprite is still in the game, although nothing points to it, so it's just taking up space. If you open up UNLZ.gba and scroll through, I can garuntee you'll find the Prinplup sprite somewhere, not necessarily around the other sprites. Also, if you test it in-game, you'll see it works fine

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links