The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
Yellow Magikoopa
Doin' the electric slide

I need someone's opinion on this:

Alright, what should be the starters for my hack? I was thinking the "lizards" (Charmander, Totodile, Treecko).

MAH CLAIMS: Nidoking, Cloyster, Yanma

New hack comin' soon.... MUAHAHA!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Magikoopa View Post
I need someone's opinion on this:

Alright, what should be the starters for my hack? I was thinking the "lizards" (Charmander, Totodile, Treecko).
You spoiling it now silly!! Heh, anyway.. those sound like great starters!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Alfonso
Beginning Trainer

I did a search, and seemed to be unable to find anything- truth be told, I was unsure exactly what I should search for as I'm really new to all this hacking business.

On several occasions, I have encountered this problem: I put a 'Person' onto my map in the event screen, give them their correct sprite (in my case it's Roxanne.) and their script offset (which is the basic script from Irish Witch's tutorial which I'm testing.) number and then I save my map, and then save my rom and then do my usual patching business. However when everything loads , instead of my NPC being in the middle of the screen it's in the upper left corner and reverted back to the basic Brendan (0) sprite.

What am I doing wrong? I'm assuming I missed something here. Also, in regards to scripts and offsets, I only have top type in the script offset in the events screen I get from pokescript, I don't have to click the 'Change Events' button do I?

Also, is there a way to test a hack works without having to patch it because it takes up too much time?

Sorry that I'm asking so much, especially really basic stuff. ._.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Alfonso
I suppose if the Hack runs on your VBA it should still work once you create a hack?

Questions:
For Deoxys and Mew, if you create an event where you battle them and then you catch them, would they obey you?

For Marts in FR, what makes the clerc give you the Package at the beginning? Is it the clercs script?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan View Post
Alfonso
I suppose if the Hack runs on your VBA it should still work once you create a hack?

Questions:
For Deoxys and Mew, if you create an event where you battle them and then you catch them, would they obey you?

For Marts in FR, what makes the clerc give you the Package at the beginning? Is it the clercs script?
I don't think that it is the clerks script. I think its a script inbuilt into the map.
Old September 4th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Nature: Naive
How do I Change Overworld Palettes?

Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I don't think that it is the clerks script. I think its a script inbuilt into the map.
Do you (or anyone for that matter) have any idea how to remove it? I deleted all "Scripts" in AM but that doesn't seem to be it...
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:19 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Do you (or anyone for that matter) have any idea how to remove it? I deleted all "Scripts" in AM but that doesn't seem to be it...
here add this to an earlier sctipt and remove the clerk and put a new one with the pewter city scipt(or a new one).
setvar 0x4057 0x1
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

OK thanks tttt, I don't suppose you would know about the Deoxys/Mew problem?
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:31 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
OK thanks tttt, I don't suppose you would know about the Deoxys/Mew problem?
Not sure, I haven't tried it yet, but I remember in a hack(can't remember the name) that there was a givepokemon command at the start, for mew and it didn't listen. I'm not sure about deoxys.
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Sgt. Custard
Novice Hacker

1) No one seemed to answer my question so I'll ask again, does anyone know how to edit the background behind the prof and player during the intro on poke emerald. If its in Unzl then could you tell me the number/offset? Thanks a lot! I know how to edit the pics and everything, I just need the offset.
2) If I were to make a hack without gym leaders, then how would I enable you to do surf etc. at certain points in the game? Would I have to run the gym leader script without the battle or something. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did search

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Sgt. Custard; September 4th, 2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old September 4th, 2007, 05:37 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexllew View Post
1) No one seemed to answer my question so I'll ask again, does anyone know how to edit the background behind the prof and player during the intro on poke emerald. If its in Unzl then could you tell me the number/offset? Thanks a lot! I know how to edit the pics and everything, I just need the offset.
2) If I were to make a hack without gym leaders, then how would I enable you to do surf etc. at certain points in the game? Would I have to run the gym leader script without the battle or something. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did search

Thanks in advance
1.|Hex Editor, Don't be lazy everyone should know how to do this, if you don't then go to "zel's Homemade Tutorials" in the documents/tutorials section.

2.|Just make New people, with scripts that either Activate Gym Badges, or Give HM's and Activates' badges. Simple.

~LOCKED/STICKIED~
kidding

Can someone tell me a list of Script commands for Gold using Irish Witch's Gold/Silver script Editor.

Old September 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Sgt. Custard
Novice Hacker

The hex thing doesn't actually help me, thats for the big sprites during the opening sequence themselves, I mean the BACKGROUND behind the big sprites.
I wasn't very clear with Q2, what I meant was, how do you enable surf without giving you the badge.
Thanks anyway

Last edited by Sgt. Custard; September 4th, 2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
boon
Normal Trainer

Originally Posted by boon View Post
Em... I did zel's tutorial for changing the hero and and herone
(zel's home made tutorials), all worked well expect for this:
can sombody here help me please?
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexllew View Post
The hex thing doesn't actually help me, thats for the big sprites during the opening sequence themselves, I mean the BACKGROUND behind the big sprites.
I wasn't very clear with Q2, what I meant was, how do you enable surf without giving you the badge.
Thanks anyway
1.|Hex Editor. Open VBA, play till the beginning(Oak Talk) Then go to tools > map Viewer, Press Bg 1, click on the color you want to change[Write The R(ed)G(reen)B(lue) Values Down], then go to Palette viewer. After that find the color[s] you want to change in the first Row, Since I'm Nice I'll Write Down what to Search For)(and remember you have to switch it up: 7545 - 75 45 - 45 75 - 4575) it should be:
0000 2824 4A46 8D4E D056 135F 5667 996F DC77 → That is All the background colors
0000 2824 4A46 8D4E D056 135F 5667 996F DC77 1F7C 1F7C 6009 1F00 4665 FF7F 8410 → That is the whole row.
Now Search in hex editor and once you find it, You can Replace with other colors(NOTE 1) after that you hit save and you're finished.

NOTE 1 =: You can get different colors using A-Color(in the "Advanced Palette Editing" located within the documents and Tutorials section by: Semele)First open Paint, then Click a color then go to Colors → edit colors → Deine custom colors and click a color and at the bottom left corner they give you "R G B" Values. Put those values in A-color and it will give you a color and the "4-digit" hex value for it.
HAPPY NOW!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
Can somebody here help me please?

That is just just a Glitch. Make sure you didn't edit anything else =3.

Last edited by cooley; September 4th, 2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Your posts were automagicly merged due to a doubleposting
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
SuperMetroid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
RsBall dosen't seem to want to load the first 13 sprites of fire red, i try to dump the gfx and there still black, and this is vital due to the fact that i want to edit Fire Red... Am i doing something wrong?
sorry to ask again/
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Ok I need some help... is there a way to create an event where you can trade a Pokemon for antoher Pokemon but only if your Pokemon is a certain nature? Thanks!
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Cerebrus
Beginning Trainer

1. How can I edit the hooen map?
2.How can I put items in the wild?
3.How can I make a trainer?
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrus View Post
I have a few questions:

1. How can I edit the hooen map?
2.How can I put items in the wild?
3.How can I make a trainer?
If by the Hoehn map you mean altering it so that you can fly to new location which you've created on a custom map I believe that there is a thread in Rom Hacking with info on this.

For the next two question have a look in Script Tutorials where you'll be able to find info on both Trainers and items. Might I recommend Foullump, zel or IrishWitch's tutorials.
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Nature: Naive
How Do I Edit OverWorld Palettes? Basicly Where Do I Get The Palette Offset?

Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
Old September 5th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Innocence
PC Lurker: I'm watching you...

Nature: Lonely
Alright. I'm having a little trouble with pointer hacking in Pokemon Gold.

I find the text I want to change, doesn't really matter.

Question 1: Do I calculate the pointer on the first byte of the text, or the 00 before it?

Okay, I've tried both. I got the pointer for 181B8F(just an example, don't search for it)which is 5B 8F, right? Flip the bytes, 8F 5B, and I search 4C 8F 5B, 4C being the display text: 2 byte pointer code. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I cringe at things I've said here in the past years.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Sgt. Custard
Novice Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
HAPPY NOW!!
Oh! Yes thank you. Very.
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Cerebrus
Beginning Trainer

Does somebody know what are the best programs for scripting and where to the download them?????

they shouldn't be so complicated because I am a noob!!!!
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:45 PM
sadow3
Beginning Trainer

hay this may already be answered but i cant find it how can i change the title screen name were it says ruby i wont to change it mystic because that is the name of my hack
Old September 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Diggeh
A horoscope of ambitions.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Diggeh
Does anyone happen to have an offset list for palette colors of the overworld tiles for Fire Red? I know that the water's EA1BEA, but I need to know things such as trees, buildings, etc.

Sponsored Links