Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Ark_Silvanos

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
sorry for asking so many questions, but I've run into a bit of a snag.
I'm currently using this tutorial to expand my attack table so I can include some Gen 4/5 moves: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479

It says it can be done with Ruby, but since it's done with FireRed in mind, I don't know the offset for the attack table or anything else, and therefore, can't do anything it's asking me to do. Is there a list of Ruby's offsets for the attack table, the attack names, and stuff like that? Google is not being my friend here. :/
for future reference, check a tool's ini... it usually has relevant offsets there (use pge's, its got all the main offsets)

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Okay, I have another question. Is the "setmaptile" command a permanent change to the landscape? Or is it only temporary?
Only temporary. Put it in a level script to make it appear permanently.
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
It seems that the table of names are at 0x1F832D, while the data is at 0x1FB12C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
for future reference, check a tool's ini... it usually has relevant offsets there (use pge's, its got all the main offsets)
I looked in the ini, and found those exact offsets for the attack table and attack names array (with the exception of the names array, which is actually 0x1F8320. I'm sure it was a typo though. xD )

Thank you both! :D Next I'm going to figure out the other offsets the tutorial mentions and try to find those in Ruby.
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Daikoru
Beginning Trainer

It appears I've been forgotten already? I'm still waiting for an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
Hello.

I'm trying to create a new move, using the Attack Editor with Pokemon Game Editor. I replaced a move that I do not intend to use on any of my Fakemons: Volt Tackle. Everything seems to work as intended, except for two things:

-The description always stays the one for Volt Tackle. Even thought I press Save, just switching moves and going back to it changes the description back.
-The move animation also stays the Volt Tackle one, despite trying to repoint to the Leaf Blade animation. The Animation Pointer keeps the Leaf Blade value thought...

Any idea what's wrong? Should I download a new program to modify those?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
It appears I've been forgotten already? I'm still waiting for an answer.
Check it in a hex editor. Maybe the program didn't save it? change the pointers manually and check if it works... or try a different move editor...

Old July 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Daikoru
Beginning Trainer

Well, the only other move editors I know of don't even have the description and animation... Guess I'll go learn how to use an Hex Editor.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Just got a minor question.. when using A-Trainer with creating new trainers, I wanted the music to be the FRLG Gym Leader music but whenever I set it as what I think is right (Music 0, Unknown 7) it just plays the normal trainer music, is there any way I can fix this?
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Just got a minor question.. when using A-Trainer with creating new trainers, I wanted the music to be the FRLG Gym Leader music but whenever I set it as what I think is right (Music 0, Unknown 7) it just plays the normal trainer music, is there any way I can fix this?
Try intro music 1 and unknown 7.

Last edited by Renegade; July 18th, 2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Try intro music 1 and unknown 7.
I've tried both 0 & 1 but neither of them work, it works fine in Emerald just not Fire Red.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:

I've tried both 0 & 1 but neither of them work, it works fine in Emerald just not Fire Red.
I believe music in FRLG is dependent on the Trainer Class, and not by music number and stuff. Meaning, without ASM, only trainers with the Trainer Class "Gym Leader" (or is it just "Leader"...I don't remember, but you get the idea) will play that theme. Same with Champion music and everything else.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Does anyone know how to remove the Kanto region dex from the pokedex menu? I am planning to create my own custom pokedex with around 350 Pokemon from Gen 1 - 5.
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the Kanto region dex from the pokedex menu? I am planning to create my own custom pokedex with around 350 Pokemon from Gen 1 - 5.
Fire Red Pokedex Hacking

^Instead of removing it, wouldn't it be easier to just use the Kanto Dex? I was trying to do the same thing in my in-planning hack, so i increased the limiters and used the 'evo-doesn't-need-national-dex' patch thing. leveling evolutions work, but stone evolutions don't (atleast for me they didn't you could try and see if it works for you). I've msged Jambo bout it, cuz he seems the most knowledgeable about dex hacking and i'm waiting to see if he can help me out.

Still... this method works... mostly .

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM
SacredMurathJohn
ROM Hacking

Nature: Hasty
Hey folks,
anyone knows where the POKéMON EVOLUTION SCREEN script pointer is in Firered FIREBPRE?
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Fire Red Pokedex Hacking

^Instead of removing it, wouldn't it be easier to just use the Kanto Dex? I was trying to do the same thing in my in-planning hack, so i increased the limiters and used the 'evo-doesn't-need-national-dex' patch thing. leveling evolutions work, but stone evolutions don't (atleast for me they didn't you could try and see if it works for you). I've msged Jambo bout it, cuz he seems the most knowledgeable about dex hacking and i'm waiting to see if he can help me out.

Still... this method works... mostly .
Cool! So I just change the 97 in hex to something else at the offset 0x10352C? And the Kanto dex will have, lets say 253 regional Pokemon. Also, how would I change the name of Kanto to my region? Thanks!
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

This question is kind of hard to explain...

Pokemon Fire Red

There is a warp tile and a cave entrance that goes into a mountain. I got that warp working. It warps you into a cave. But then if you try to step out of the cave, the warp doesn't activate and it's just like you are stepping into a wall. The tile I'm using for the warp that doesn't work (if this matters) is the one that is a cave exit that has light shining through it. It is in Tileset 15. (The Mt. Moon tileset) I think this may have something to do with the Unknown value? Help please?
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Ferox
Beginning Trainer

Crystal, I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it...

Find the tile that you want to place the warp on
go to 'Block editor' (Purple jigsaw piece in advance map)
Select the tile
On the right is a menu called 'Behaviour byte'.
Set the Behaviour Byte to 'Use warp' #61

That's how I got it working in mine.
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
I believe music in FRLG is dependent on the Trainer Class, and not by music number and stuff. Meaning, without ASM, only trainers with the Trainer Class "Gym Leader" (or is it just "Leader"...I don't remember, but you get the idea) will play that theme. Same with Champion music and everything else.
I know, I've set it as Leader and everything else is according to what it should be but it just seems to play the default music still, maybe it's just an error but I'm sure people have done it before.
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
Crystal, I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it...

Find the tile that you want to place the warp on
go to 'Block editor' (Purple jigsaw piece in advance map)
Select the tile
On the right is a menu called 'Behaviour byte'.
Set the Behaviour Byte to 'Use warp' #61

That's how I got it working in mine.
Ah, I figured it out. There are several different floor tiles that look the exact same. But the behavior of some of them is different. There is one floor tile that warps you if you step down. But without your information, I wouldn't have figured it out, so thanks!
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
How do i make a frame for trainer sprites so that i can animate them?
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Cool! So I just change the 97 in hex to something else at the offset 0x10352C? And the Kanto dex will have, lets say 253 regional Pokemon. Also, how would I change the name of Kanto to my region? Thanks!
I dont think you need to... It only shows up as 'Pokedex' if you dont have the national dex.

edit: ya... change the 96 & 97 to whatever number you want, then change the bytes that restrict evolutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
How do i make a frame for trainer sprites so that i can animate them?
I think it works the same way as making animated pokemon. ie inserting them as 128x64 images.

Last edited by Ark_Silvanos; July 18th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:

I know, I've set it as Leader and everything else is according to what it should be but it just seems to play the default music still, maybe it's just an error but I'm sure people have done it before.
Just to make sure, try intro music 6 and unknown 7. That plays a gym leader song for me.
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
I dont think you need to... It only shows up as 'Pokedex' if you dont have the national dex.

edit: ya... change the 96 & 97 to whatever number you want, then change the bytes that restrict evolutions.
The only little problem I have now is that the Pokemon between 150 and 253 do not count as added Pokemon (Meaning how much Pokemon you have) However, it does show as "caught" and "seen," but the counter thing in the dex doesn't count them.
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:13 AM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
is it Possible to for the Pokemon to like animate forever like for example in Pokemon Black and White are animating there Pokemon for upto 11 frames and then it Goes through those Frames again.
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
The only little problem I have now is that the Pokemon between 150 and 253 do not count as added Pokemon (Meaning how much Pokemon you have) However, it does show as "caught" and "seen," but the counter thing in the dex doesn't count them.
ah yeah... i didn't think of that... hmmm.... ah well... gotta try to find a fix sometime, but i honestly dont have a clue how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
is it Possible to for the Pokemon to like animate forever like for example in Pokemon Black and White are animating there Pokemon for upto 11 frames and then it Goes through those Frames again.
no its not.

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Ughhh, I don't think I'm going to edit the Pokedex order anymore. It's a looooooooong and tedious task, not including having to edit the footprints and the description of each assigned number since the description, etc is tied to the number. Ohh, and the habitats for the Pokemon. I think I'll just have to go the National Dex route.

Or is there a faster way to do this?

Last edited by FrozenInfernoZX; July 19th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here