Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2012 (07:22 PM).
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
*goes into a corner and cries*

I can't change attack animations. I extended the attack table perfectly, I added the attacks, and I detailed the attacks, but the animations are all wrong, for example, Roost has Pound's animation. I've tried using Pokemon Game Editor to give Roost the same animation pointer as Featherdance, but it still uses Pound's animation. How do I go about changing animations the right way? I'm using Ruby, by the way.
Old August 6th, 2012 (09:18 PM).
Ph3nom3nal
Beginning Trainer

How do I play pokemon hacks? Sorry, I'm new to playing pokemon hacks. And if this has been asked before, I'm sorry.
Old August 6th, 2012 (09:59 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Ph3nom3nal:
How do I play pokemon hacks? Sorry, I'm new to playing pokemon hacks. And if this has been asked before, I'm sorry.
Trying reading this helpful thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

Old August 7th, 2012 (08:06 AM).
be10an
Beginning Trainer

Okay so I am new to this whole place (I have had an account, but that was just to download some of your guys awesome hacks) and I have been inspired to make me own hack... so I understand why you all have soooo many people helping cause it is hard as a one person job.

So anyway my question, whenever I changed up littleroot I messed something up because everytime the avatar walks out the door this happens
oi45.tinypic[.]com/2iarbwy.jpg (I cannot post urls cause I am to new )
So I hit A and it goes into a loop... I have not changed any scripts in the town yet, all I have done is changed what it looks like and I added some new warps and people in it...
So I am sorry if other people have asked this, or if it doesn't belong in this thread... but please please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hacking Problems.JPG‎ (48.0 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 7th, 2012 (09:35 AM).
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy
For the XSE command "spritebehave", how do I use it, and how could I use it to my advantage?
Old August 7th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by The_Show:
For the XSE command "spritebehave", how do I use it, and how could I use it to my advantage?
Spritebehave is useful, because it lets you change the behavior of an overworld. The parameters are the OW number, and the behavior number, the latter able to be found in A-Map (for example, "Look Down" is 0x8, and "Walk Around" is 0x2). This command is mainly if you need an OW to have two different behaviors, one before and one after an event occurs. First example that comes to mind is the little girl in Pallet Town, who is first reading the sign (look up), then walking around at some other point.

Quote originally posted by be10an:
Okay so I am new to this whole place (I have had an account, but that was just to download some of your guys awesome hacks) and I have been inspired to make me own hack... so I understand why you all have soooo many people helping cause it is hard as a one person job.

So anyway my question, whenever I changed up littleroot I messed something up because everytime the avatar walks out the door this happens
So I hit A and it goes into a loop... I have not changed any scripts in the town yet, all I have done is changed what it looks like and I added some new warps and people in it...
So I am sorry if other people have asked this, or if it doesn't belong in this thread... but please please help.
In A-Map, open the header tab of Littleroot Town. Near the middle, there's an option for "Map Script", with many different fields. Click the "remove" button until you can no longer click it, and save everything. That should fix the problem.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old August 7th, 2012 (10:44 AM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by be10an:

What you have there is a Level Script error.
Because you have edited Littleroot Town and removed the other sprites that are part of the script, the level script can't function so you get stuck in that loop.

How to fix:
Go into Advanced Map, Open up your map and click the 'Header' Tab.
Go to the 3rd section named 'Map script'.
Click on the 'remove' button until the section is completely greyed out.

You should have no more problems after that.

Old August 7th, 2012 (12:07 PM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by Wendle.
Wendle
Not So Standard Trainer

Nature: Modest
How any extra maps can I add to a fire red hack? How can I increase the amount allotted?

I have the A-ptch tool, does it work on IPS not APS files?

Manic Street Preachers
Old August 7th, 2012 (12:48 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Wendle:
I have the A-ptch tool, does it work on IPS not APS files?
A-ptch works only with APS. For IPSs, use LIPS.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 7th, 2012 (12:49 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

So I am returning to my old hack which I haven't worked on in almost 10 months and I came across an error on Advance Map while trying to view my scripts.

Spoiler:
(EProcess) Failed to execute C: \Users\Nate VonGrimm\Documents\PokeHack\Pokemon Editor\Editors\Script Editor\XSE\XSE.exe Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba:80160E : 193

At first, Advance Map wouldn't accept XSE as the script editor until I edited the .ini file for XSE as it's path was still directed to it's old location (I moved my entire PokéHack project along with any files and programs associated with it to a new location on my PC). After that, A-Map accepted XSE but refuses to load it when I try to view scripts.
A-Map and XSE used to work perfectly together until I moved all the files to a new location.

Does this have anything to do with why A-Map is being stubborn?

Old August 7th, 2012 (01:07 PM).
ectyrant
Beginning Trainer

I added new pokemon to my game, but when they go to evolve the animation starts then it stops as if B was pressed and the message box say "?" How do I fix this?
Old August 7th, 2012 (01:14 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ectyrant:
I added new pokemon to my game, but when they go to evolve the animation starts then it stops as if B was pressed and the message box say "?" How do I fix this?
Did you change the name of the Pokemon you added?
Old August 7th, 2012 (02:47 PM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
By any chance, did you replace a Pokemon not from Kanto? (from JOHTO, and HOENN?)

And by that when you tried to evolve your Pokemon do you have The National Dex?

The solution to this is, get the National Dex, or Replace a Pokemon in Kanto so that the Pokemon will evolve Properly...
Old August 7th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

How do you edit the palette of the grass battle background?

I just inserted a new background and I want to change the colors, but I can't seem to pinpoint where the colors are that I need to change. I read somewhere that the palette is stored at 00248405, but when I open that in APE, it doesn't look right and it tells me that it is not safe to edit. And if I ignore that warning and replace it anyways, it wrecks the battle background palette.

Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!
Old August 7th, 2012 (05:10 PM).
Ph3nom3nal
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Darthatron:
Trying reading this helpful thread:

That thread didn't help at all. Sorry. And i can't quote all of that cuz of the 15 posts rule.
Old August 7th, 2012 (05:45 PM).
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by Nate VonGrimm:
So I am returning to my old hack which I haven't worked on in almost 10 months and I came across an error on Advance Map while trying to view my scripts.

Spoiler:
(EProcess) Failed to execute C: \Users\Nate VonGrimm\Documents\PokeHack\Pokemon Editor\Editors\Script Editor\XSE\XSE.exe Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba:80160E : 193

At first, Advance Map wouldn't accept XSE as the script editor until I edited the .ini file for XSE as it's path was still directed to it's old location (I moved my entire PokéHack project along with any files and programs associated with it to a new location on my PC). After that, A-Map accepted XSE but refuses to load it when I try to view scripts.
A-Map and XSE used to work perfectly together until I moved all the files to a new location.

Does this have anything to do with why A-Map is being stubborn?
Did you try opening A-Map, and go to Settings > Choose script editor...? That's the proper way to do it, so you shouldn't have any bugs.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old August 7th, 2012 (05:48 PM).
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Where can I find a list of the numbers for RUBY specials + fanfares + MultichoiceID's? Most of the info out there is for FR, so it would help if there was a list for those 3 things.
Old August 7th, 2012 (05:50 PM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote originally posted by Ph3nom3nal:
That thread didn't help at all. Sorry. And i can't quote all of that cuz of the 15 posts rule.
Wanna play hacks? First you need an emulator.. (eg. VBA/NO$GBA)

Then you need to download a patching tool like LIPS and A-ptch cause all downloadable hacks here are on a patch...

But, In order to play you need a ROM, but, sorry ROM's are illegal just search them off google (eg FireRed, Ruby, Emerald, etc.) (You need to patch the Original ROM so that you will be able to play the hack) You can view the Original ROM in the thread name's(FireRed Hack: Pokemon Shinygold...etc.. )

Some patches are in .Zip or .rar files for that you need a tool like Winrar or 7-zip for extraction of files...

Or maybe search off some tutorials on Youtube and Google they'll help you a lot...
Old August 7th, 2012 (05:54 PM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by redriders180.
redriders180

Quote originally posted by shinyabsol1:
How do you edit the palette of the grass battle background?

I just inserted a new background and I want to change the colors, but I can't seem to pinpoint where the colors are that I need to change. I read somewhere that the palette is stored at 00248405, but when I open that in APE, it doesn't look right and it tells me that it is not safe to edit. And if I ignore that warning and replace it anyways, it wrecks the battle background palette.

Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!
The palettes for the grass backgrounds are stored in the most annoying way possible. If you open up palette 248405, you'll see roughly half of the colors in the battle background... 0000, FC73, D4eF, 903F, B553, 1F7C, DD7B, and 777B. Change the palette to 248408, however, and the second half magically appears! In this case, F84B, FC5F, B33B, D85F, 997B, 9A7B, BB7B, and DB6F. By switching between the two, you'll be able to edit the palette, although it's incredibly annoying.

Quote originally posted by The_Show:
Where can I find a list of the numbers for RUBY specials + fanfares + MultichoiceID's? Most of the info out there is for FR, so it would help if there was a list for those 3 things.
I don't know about fanfares, but XSE has a list of Multichoices in it's help appendix, and a very limited list of specials (only a few). I'll list them here if you don't use XSE/don't want to dig around the help appendix (Courtest of Hackmew, Martin, and ZodiacDaGreat):

Spoiler:

0 = Petalburg/Slateport
2 = Enter/Info/Cancel
3 = What's contest/Types of Contest/Ranks/Cancel
4 = Cool/Beauty/Cute/Smart/Tough/Cancel
5 = Decoration/Pack-up/Cancel
6 = Decoration/Pack-up/Registry/Cancel
7 = Register/Registry/Information/Cancel
C = Mach/Acro
D = PSN/PAR/SLP/BRN/FRZ/Cancel
E = Dewford/Cancel
10 = Saw it/Not yet
11 = Yes/No/Info
12 = Single/Double/Multi/Cancel
13 = Littleroot/Slateport/Lilycove
14 = Yes/No/Info
17 = Make Challenge/Obtain Info/Cancel
18 = LV50/LV100/CANCEL
19 = Zigzagoon/Poocheyena/Nincada
1A = Nincada/Lotad/Roselia
1B = Shroomish/Nincada/Surskit
1C = Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip
1D = Seedot/Shroomish/Spinda
1E = Shroomish/Zigzagoon/Wurmple
1F = PokeBall/Super Potion/Same Price
20 = £135/£155/£175
21 = Cost More/Cost Less/Same Price
22 = Male/Female/Neither
23 = males/females/same number
24 = Male/Female/Depends
25 = 6/8/10
26 = 1/2/3
27 = 6/7/8
2A = FRESHWATER/SODAPOP/LEMONADE/CANCEL
2B = How To Ride/How To Turn/Sandy Slopes/CANCEL
2C = WHEELIES/BUNNY-HOPS/JUMPING/CANCEL
2D = SATISFIED/DISSATISFIED
2E = DEEPSEATOOTH/DEEPSEASCALE
2F = BLUE FLUTE/YELLOW FLUTE/RED FLUTE/WHITE FLUTE/BLACK FLUTE/GLASS CHAIR/GLASS DESK/CANCEL
30 = TREECKODOLL/TORCHICDOLL/MUDKIPDOLL/CANCEL
31 = 50COINS/500COINS/CANCEL
32 = EXCELLENT/NOTSOHOT
34 = LILYCOVE/BATTLETOWER
35 = SLATEPORT/LILYCOVE
36 = RIGHT/LEFT
37 = TM32/TM29/TM35/TM24/TM13/CANCEL
38 = SLATEPORT/BATTLETOWER
39 = 1F/2F/3F/4F/5F
3A = REDSHARD/CANCEL
3B = YELLOWSHARD/CANCEL
3C = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/CANCEL
3D = BLUESHARD/CANCEL
3E = REDSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
3F = YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
40 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
41 = GREENSHARD/CANCEL
42 = REDSHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
43 = YELLOWSHARD/GREEMSHARD/CANCEL
44 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
45 = BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
46 = REDSHARD/BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
47 = YELLOWSHARD/GREENSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
48 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL

Old August 7th, 2012 (06:35 PM).
ectyrant
Beginning Trainer

Well that would make sense, thanks tajaros. Is there any way to start with the national dex?
Old August 7th, 2012 (07:11 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote originally posted by redriders180:
The palettes for the grass backgrounds are stored in the most annoying way possible. If you open up palette 248405, you'll see roughly half of the colors in the battle background... 0000, FC73, D4eF, 903F, B553, 1F7C, DD7B, and 777B. Change the palette to 248408, however, and the second half magically appears! In this case, F84B, FC5F, B33B, D85F, 997B, 9A7B, BB7B, and DB6F. By switching between the two, you'll be able to edit the palette, although it's incredibly annoying.
Wow, that is incredibly annoying! And I would do it that way but...

...since I posted my initial question, I actually found a palette at 00248400 (an LZ77 Compressed Palette) which has all the colors for the grass battle background in it, and it seems to work fine for changing the colors.

Do you know if there is any difference between editing this palette and the other two you mentioned?
Old August 7th, 2012 (07:35 PM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Well that would make sense, thanks tajaros. Is there any way to start with the national dex?
Yes, but it will be through scripting...

you have to set this flag with the following special
Quote:
setflag 0x829 <- Enables the Pokedex Menu
special 0x16F <- Enables the National Dex in the Pokedex...
Here's an example script that'll give you the Pokedex with the National Dex Activated..

Quote:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @how
msgbox @glad 0x6
fanfare 0x101
preparemsg @receive
waitmsg
waitfanfare
msgbox @take 0x6
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
release
end

#org @how
msgbox @is 0x6
release
end

#org @glad
= Proffessor: Oh, \v\h01!\pGlad you made it here, you really\nseem to be growing with your\lPokémon.\p\v\h01: Yeah, were best buddies!\pProffessor: Great!\pAnd because, of that I would like\nyou to have this!\p\v\h01: What's that?\pProffessor: It's a Pokédex with\nthe updated data.\pUse it wisely.

#org @receive
= \v\h01 received the Pokédex from\nProffessor.

#org @take
= \v\h01: Woah, thanks Proffessor\nthis is really cool!\pProffessor: Maybe I should give\nyou a brief tutorial on how to use\lit...\p\v\h01: Ok, I'm listening...\pProffessor: Ok, when you met a\nPokémon in a battle or in wild.\pIt automatically records it, but\nyou need to capture it to obtain\lfull data.\pFor that you need Poké Balls, you\ncan buy those in a nearby Poké\lMart.\p\v\h01: Woah, this is really handy\nthanks Proffessor!\pProffessor: Ok, please take care.\pBe your very best!\p\v\h01: Ok, Proffessor I'll sure\nwill.

#org @is
= Proffessor: Is my Pokédex helping\nyou on your journey?
Hope this helps...
Old August 7th, 2012 (10:01 PM).
redriders180

Quote originally posted by shinyabsol1:
Wow, that is incredibly annoying! And I would do it that way but...

...since I posted my initial question, I actually found a palette at 00248400 (an LZ77 Compressed Palette) which has all the colors for the grass battle background in it, and it seems to work fine for changing the colors.

Do you know if there is any difference between editing this palette and the other two you mentioned?
It's possible they both do the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure on that. But I just tried your offset, and it works fine, changed the colors and everything. I guess the guy who wrote that tutorial might've been mistaken about the offset.

Old August 8th, 2012 (02:03 AM).
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Is it currently possible to give newly created attacks the effect of lowering the stats of the user without toying with battle scripting? The attack editor on PGE doesn't list them.

Also, no need to answer my last question, I found a way. xD
Old August 8th, 2012 (01:09 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by leogrecchi.
leogrecchi

Question: Is it possible to edit the characters used in a rom?

By "characters" I mean things like the pokeyen symbol, or foreign characters like "è" "á" or "ç". I want to replace some of these, but don't know where to start messing with. Help?

edit: I know it's possible, Light Platinum did that, at least in the Portuguese version.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links