Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
You probably can't find it because it's just plain text . It's stored at 0x42C5B5, I believe.
I was trying to find a way to edit the word "HOENN" that appears when looking at a regular map. redriders180 stated that the text was stored at 0x42C5B5, but my question is, how do I edit that stored text?
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
KhaosKnight
The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
I was trying to find a way to edit the word "HOENN" that appears when looking at a regular map. redriders180 stated that the text was stored at 0x42C5B5, but my question is, how do I edit that stored text?
You can probably go to that offset in A-Text and edit it there. Or, you can use a Ruby char table to convert your text to hex, although A-Text does that for you.

Old September 8th, 2012, 12:21 AM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

Quote:
The games simply uses the "giveitem" command followed by "end". Place that script in the Pokeball OW sprite on your map and it should work.
This causes the Pokeball to reappear as soon as I take a step. Is there a specific Trainer ID I'm supposed to use?
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
motb777
Spriter

Nature: Brave
I am making a leaf green hack and i need to find the intro sprites in unlz gba (oak, red, blue, gary) (NOT the battle sprites, the intro sprites) Does anyone know where to find them?

Scan this with an Android[/sig-reason]
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:39 AM
shbshb
Beginning Trainer

I used my PKSV to fight a celebi. But whenever I catch celebi it doesn't disappear, but when i run away or beat it, it says mewtwo flown away and it disappears.
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CELEBI 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CELEBI 0x52 BLACKFLUTE
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
removcesprite 0x800F
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x211
fadescreen 0
release
end
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
This causes the Pokeball to reappear as soon as I take a step. Is there a specific Trainer ID I'm supposed to use?
here is an example script that you could base it off of (in XSE format):

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x8000000

#org @start
lock
giveitem 0x0 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
hidesprite 0x?
setflag 0x1204
release
end

make sure the poke ball ID matches the setflag number, this makes the sprite disappear from the map forever (unless you use a clear flag)

And thanks to KhaosKnight and redriders180 for helping with my map problem, it works!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I know this question has come up in the past, just not in this thread....

In ruby, would you need to use ASM to determine which battle music comes up when facing a certain trainer? I am trying to give a certain trainer a certain battle music, but I can't figure it out...

Last edited by The_Show; September 8th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

I was wondering if it is possible to expand the space of tileset 1 in the right box of Advancemap?
What I'm trying to do is instead of having to find all of the Pokemon center and mart tiles in the mess of tileset 1 I want to just add mine to the bottom of the tileset like most people do with the empty space available in tileset 2. I hope that this question isn't to confusing.

Last edited by MrSandman64; September 9th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
I was wondering if it is possible to expand the space of tileset 1 in the right box of Advancemap?
What I'm trying to do is instead of having to find all of the Pokemon center and mart tiles in the mess of tileset 1 I want to just add mine to the bottom of the tileset like most people do with the empty space available in tileset 2. I hope that this question isn't to confusing.
At the moment, it is impossible to resize that tileset. I suppose with ASM and repointing, it COULD be possible, but I think it is a limitation by the hardware as a whole, though not 100% sure.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
I'm having a bit of trouble with palettes. Using JPAN's hacked engine, I inserted one new palette. I recently edited palettes 3-A (aka the eight reserved palettes after the hero's and the reflection one) to my liking. However, I did not put the OW with that custom palette on the map yet. I know about the hardware limitations for one custom palette per screen, and in this case, I used none in this map. But when I go to palette viewer on the vba, I see that my custom palette has somehow overwritten palette three, even though it wasn't even used in the map.

On a side note, after doing these palette changes, for some reason on certain maps using my custom ows, they dissaper when walking on certain tiles, as if they somehow got set to "00" rather than "tile covered by hero". Idk if it's a direct cause of this or something different, but if anyone could help with that as well, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by shbshb View Post
I used my PKSV to fight a celebi. But whenever I catch celebi it doesn't disappear, but when i run away or beat it, it says mewtwo flown away and it disappears.
You're complicating it too much. All you need is this part:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CELEBI 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CELEBI 0x52 BLACKFLUTE
fadescreen 0x1
disappear 0xINSERT CELEBI'S PERSON EVENT #
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x807
release
end

Make sure that you set celebi's person ID to 807. The person event number can be found on A-MAP incase you didn't know.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Okay, I solved my own problem with the dissapearing OWs, I messed up the hex in the OW table...simple mistake lol.

As for the palette ordeal, I'm still stuck.
The custom palette, if I'm not mistaken, should take one of the last, if not the last, placeholder in the palette viewer, instead of taking over an existing palette. How come when I added this one, it took over one of the reserved palettes? I don't have any other custom palettes on the map...and even when that OW is not on the map, the custom palette is still there overwriting a reserved one.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
I have two big errors, help would be appreciated D: because I'm completely bamboozled.

First of all, the battle screen error which is horrendous to look at.

Second, the trainer theme error, I assembled and imported the .s files in Sappy, and looped it, and it plays fine in Sappy, but it gives me a HORRIBLE noise above the track. I tried a backup ROM and repointed, and stuff, I even checked the .S file and there's nothing wrong with it! (be warned, it's loud and an atrocity to listen to):
http://www.filexoom.com/showfile-31429/error.wav

ED: So um, the original link 404s D: so here's a re upload.
http://plunder.com/AJ26PXMJ75
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.

Last edited by RetroRoller; September 9th, 2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Snivel hic, you meanies
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
darkprince909

Occasionally, when I insert a new map into my ROM (right now I'm using Ruby, I've used Emerald and Fire Red before), I make the map too big or something, and it ends up overwriting and corrupting another map, or it screws with the number of blocks in the second tileset. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Maybe using a ROM base with all the scripts and maps removed, so there's no danger of overwriting stuff? If so, where could I find a base like that?
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
WalkOn
Hazama

Is there a place where i can write about my own idea of a hack and get peoples opinion on it? i know there is the showcase forum but i dont have any progress yet and i just wanted to start writing and sharing my ideas and what i think its about and stuff. i hope there is such a section since i dont have made any big steps in making the hack, just putting together ideas, story ideas and world ideas.

greetz.
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:45 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
anybody know a link to hackmew's tileset animation editor?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Flame999

I was wondering how do you edit the number of items in a shop since i want to add some to some towns ect.
Pokemon Fire Red Hack
-3rd Gen game
- more rival
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old September 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
I was wondering how do you edit the number of items in a shop since i want to add some to some towns ect.
All you need is to edit mart script.
There will be something like pokemart command and lots of #raw 0xsomething.
Just add #raw 0xhex number of item and that item will be available in the Mart.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Flame999

that sound easy but i have no clue on what to do when it comes to Hex edit since i get very lost when i see all those numbers
Pokemon Fire Red Hack
-3rd Gen game
- more rival
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites

Old September 10th, 2012, 08:09 AM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
that sound easy but i have no clue on what to do when it comes to Hex edit since i get very lost when i see all those numbers
If you want to hack, you're going to have to familiarize yourself with hex. It's what the game is built on.

Quote:
anybody know a link to hackmew's tileset animation editor?
I'm not sure if Hackmew made a tileset animation editor... Lu-Ho did make one, if thats' who you mean.

It's bad for the community to link to other forums but it's here. (Lu-Ho's)
http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/thr...mation-editor/

NOTE: Does anyone have an answer to my question?
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I believe XSE comes with items.rbh file which can be opened with XSE and you will see hex numbers of items there.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anybody know the APE offsets for the male and female icons on the town map(the little head that shows your position on the map?
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Flame999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I believe XSE comes with items.rbh file which can be opened with XSE and you will see hex numbers of items there.
After I post my comment i saw the Hex number and I did some edit but I can't seem to remember how to add my edit script to Pewter City Mart and others i may do
Pokemon Fire Red Hack
-3rd Gen game
- more rival
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites

Old September 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
SpadeEdge16

If someone could help me out here, it would really be appreciated.
Does anyone happen to have/know where I can get a list of all of the intro music for the trainers on A-trainer for FR? I want my trainers to have the right music, but there are WAY too many for me to test each one...
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
After I post my comment i saw the Hex number and I did some edit but I can't seem to remember how to add my edit script to Pewter City Mart and others i may do
Then read some tutorials. That's all I can advise.

Old September 12th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Sark

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to rom-hacking in general, trying to follow XSE's native tutorial to progress a bit... '

Anyway, messing with tools. I want to add Axew and Deino to the game, to make a Dratini (Dragonpsychic), Axew (Dragonfighting) and Deino (Dragondark) Trio in the game. However I'm having some problems... First, Wichu's sprite editor is not working for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=oqAPa7dxRZk (not allowed to put links)

This said... I use Unlz to insert my sprites, and it works! (for the front sprites anyway). But this is ONLY when I change the original sprite with a sprite who's smaller! If the sprite is bigger and I need to repoint it, it ONLY changes the palette D:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyZiJ576MXY

I tried a lot of things, like not checking the "change palette" thing, but if I do this the sprite remain unchanged. The problem is that, it is correctly repointed! The sprite is at my new offset. D:

Anybody can help me on this?

Last edited by Sark; September 12th, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here