The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:03 AM
Spherical Ice

When starting up Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, you may receive a message indicating that the battery has run dry. The message appears like this:

The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.

Clock-based events may or may not be important to you. Should you wish to fix this, it can simply be fixed by navigating through the menu bar, selecting Options, opening the Emulator submenu and selecting "Real Time Clock".

From: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
Here's what you want:
url

~Sonic1
I hate to be annoying, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do...

I' guessing I have to change the worldmapvalue of each map I want to use to be less than 8E? But I've no idea where the worldmapvalue for each map in the hex editor...
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
eXtremeDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
When starting up Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, you may receive a message indicating that the battery has run dry. The message appears like this:

The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.

Clock-based events may or may not be important to you. Should you wish to fix this, it can simply be fixed by navigating through the menu bar, selecting Options, opening the Emulator submenu and selecting "Real Time Clock".
I can't do that because I'm going to play the rom on a flashcart that does not have rtc or an option like that. That's why I want to remove that screen in particular. Is it hard?
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM
BOH
Unhatched Egg

Hi,

i've just downloaded A-MAP 1.95, but when i load a FR rom, the world map editor button remain disabled. Why? Where can i do for edit FR world map?

Thanks a lot
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:52 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOH View Post
Hi,

i've just downloaded A-MAP 1.95, but when i load a FR rom, the world map editor button remain disabled. Why? Where can i do for edit FR world map?

Thanks a lot
Darth just released a new tool for that, and it's freaking amazing so I would highly suggest using that.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286798

Since A-MAP 1.95 is just a beta at the moment, the world map editing feature has yet to be made/released.
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
how do you add new mugshots to ruby? i know how to show them (via script), i want to know how to insert new mugshots to the game. like the pokepic

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
how do you add new mugshots to ruby? i know how to show them (via script), i want to know how to insert new mugshots to the game. like the pokepic
You must replace Pokémon with mugshots by using UnlZ.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:55 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
View this thread...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267021
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
BOH
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
Darth just released a new tool for that, and it's freaking amazing so I would highly suggest using that.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286798

Since A-MAP 1.95 is just a beta at the moment, the world map editing feature has yet to be made/released.
Thanks. Using that tool is possible to change both the graphic and the position of city names?

thanks
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
PokemonMasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
no, i already know the script i want to know how to insert new images for the mugshots.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:44 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
no, i already know the script i want to know how to insert new images for the mugshots.
Replace some Pokemon Sprites you do not use, then just call them upon showpokepic...
You can use the Advanced Sprite Editor...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:15 AM
alypkm
Unhatched Egg

guys ! I'm not sure if this the right place or not, but how do I make the pokemon sprites in fire red animated ?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

How can you change the default battle music for a trainer class?
* Emerald, if it matters.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
eXtremeDevil

No solution for my problem?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Hey, how do you change Trainer pictures, or add sprites to a rom? I'm working on an Emerald hack and it needs 20 trainer sprites.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremeDevil View Post
No solution for my problem?
Why not just leave it? Removing it will not fix the fact that the RTC won't work. Therefore, just leaving it would be the simplest solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
Hey, how do you change Trainer pictures, or add sprites to a rom? I'm working on an Emerald hack and it needs 20 trainer sprites.
There is a program called UNLZ GBA that will help you do this. Guides for using it are all over the tutorial section :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoax View Post
How can you change the default battle music for a trainer class?
* Emerald, if it matters.
You can do this with a program called A-Trainer. I don't know if it changes default music for the whole class, but you can change the music for each trainer individually.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
eXtremeDevil

I already explained that it is really annoying to me. I don't have a clue about hacking, so can someone tell me if it is a difficult or a simple task?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremeDevil View Post
I already explained that it is really annoying to me. I don't have a clue about hacking, so can someone tell me if it is a difficult or a simple task?
Difficult especially if you aren't experienced is the simple answer. It requires ASM, technically I think you can do it in HEX as well. A simpler thing you can do is just edit what it says. So instead of 'battery dead' ect... you can say something like, 'Launching Hack Name.'
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
eXtremeDevil

Thank you very much for the answer
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
muidem
Unhatched Egg

Could anyone please tell me how the checksum is calculated for a .sav file for pokemon Yellow? I have located the checksum offset as 0x3522 to 0x3523 and I believe that it is a CRC16-CCITT (could someone verify that?). What I'm having trouble doing is finding which values in the .sav file that are being used to calculate the checksum.

If someone could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper

Nature: Careful
Are there some maps whose dimensions cannot be changed in A-Map? Because recently I tried to change the dimensions of one of the Dotted Hole maps in fire red, and upon trying to warp to that map got a black screen. But when I changed the the map size back to default, everything was fine again.

Basically, I want to know if there is a problem with my ROM, or if this is just the way it is (for whatever reason). Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:57 AM
PokemonMasters

1. for firered, which asm is easier to do? mugshots or prebattlemugshots
2. if i make a new tileset does it take up free space?
3. I need help, whenever ii enter this building it does this :

Last edited by PokemonMasters; September 23rd, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:29 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
1. for firered, which asm is easier to do? mugshots or prebattlemugshots
2. if i make a new tileset does it take up free space?
3. I need help, whenever ii enter this building it does this :
mugshots it only needs scripting and replacing pokemon sprites and it doesn't need ASM...

And about the new tileset of course it takes up Free Space everything you insert in the hack will take up free space...
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Couriway
leaping through the woods

Nature: Jolly
How do you add extra trainer sprite data in R/S/E/FR/LG? Without replacing any other trainer sprites?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Is it possible to give a pokemon directly to the PC?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links