The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Felgrand89
Unhatched Egg

I ment the program that has Axew on it
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark
I tried with a clean rom, redownloaded at least 10 FR roms, 1.0 and 1.1, downloaded the tool again, it doesn't work ;w;

Also, I have windows 7, is that a problem? I activated Microsoft .net 3.5, by the way?
Hmmm. That's really strange. I'm on Windows 7 so that's not the problem. I don't know about Microsoft .net 3.5, but I doubt it's the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felgrand89
I ment the program that has Axew on it
That's still Advanced Series.
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Ive tested Johtomap as a map and event editor for a Pokemon Silver ROM, I like the tool, its amazing for map editing.

However, I face a few issues, such as Map name changing (To a custom name), some issues with tileset editing but the main problem is events. I do not know how to add my own events and ARGH.

Is there an alternative to Johtomap people can link me to please? I searched but can't find anything... Cheers!

Demo coming soon!
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:01 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

@shinyabsol1:Thanks for the response but how would I go about doing that?
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sark

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
Hmmm. That's really strange. I'm on Windows 7 so that's not the problem. I don't know about Microsoft .net 3.5, but I doubt it's the problem.
If only Wichu was still here... Anyway, tried on XP, it works... However, I can't use the xp computer... Any ideas on what's the problem? My computer? :/
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark View Post
If only Wichu was still here... Anyway, tried on XP, it works... However, I can't use the xp computer... Any ideas on what's the problem? My computer? :/
Try downloading .net 4.0 and if it still doesn't work try downloading the older versions of .net framework...
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
if your using the day and night system, and its night time, is it possible to make light to come up through some spaces? (like windows and lamps)

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64
@shinyabsol1:Thanks for the response but how would I go about doing that?
Open the .raw file in a hex editor, go to the bottom, and make a new row of 16 00s. Save. Then insert the .raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters
if your using the day and night system, and its night time, is it possible to make light to come up through some spaces? (like windows and lamps)
Yes. There is a tutorial in the tutorial section (by Wesley FG, I believe) on how to do this.
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Felgrand89
Unhatched Egg

Is there any other way to change the original name of a pokemon inn Platinum version, because PPRE is not working for me.
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Circaoffire
Clueless Scripter :/

Nature: Adamant
I was wondering how I would go about making the night cycle the only cycle in my ROM hack of Fire Red w/JPAN's patch. Would it require ASM, XSE, or just simply hex editing? I can try and go from there. Thanks in advance!
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

How do you make pokemon appear that arent in grass? like your in a forest and theirs no grass but when you walk wild pokemon appear.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
How do you make pokemon appear that arent in grass? like your in a forest and theirs no grass but when you walk wild pokemon appear.
Go to block editor.

Click the tile you want to have the wild pokemon effect on.

Ctrl + Right click on the blocks to take the whole thing.

Click on an empty tile and and paste, to make a copy of that tile.

Put Behavior Bytes: 02 02

Put Background byte 00 01

Click save block.
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Game - Pokemon Ruby
Task - How add new Pokedex Entries for 27 empty Pokemon Slots... I know how add new Pokemon to that slots... But when I catch them i have crash becouse those Pokemons do not have Pokedex Entries... Some one can help me with this?

" How do you make pokemon appear that arent in grass? like your in a forest and theirs no grass but when you walk wild pokemon appear. "

You can do it easier PokemonMaster... Go to Advanced Map and in the FOREST click in the Map Detalis... In there change type from Road to Cave... And presto... Pokemon start atacking you during walking throught forest without grass.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954

Last edited by Ksiazek Bartlomiej; September 29th, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
Ive tested Johtomap as a map and event editor for a Pokemon Silver ROM, I like the tool, its amazing for map editing.

However, I face a few issues, such as Map name changing (To a custom name), some issues with tileset editing but the main problem is events. I do not know how to add my own events and ARGH.

Is there an alternative to Johtomap people can link me to please? I searched but can't find anything... Cheers!
Johtomap supports doing most stuff and is actually the best map editor out for Gold and Silver. I do things such as changing area names with a hex editor along with all the event data editing which I just finish with Johtomap.

If you're going to make an overhaul of G/S, you're going to have to learn to deal with lots of "problems" you wouldn't run into when hacking 3rd gen games (such as space for writing data and such). I've made several video tutorials in youtube so you may want to check them out (others in skeetendo inc. have said they're good so I could as well favour them to you too).

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
miksy91... I have for you question... How Add 4 new Pokemon, and Edit sprites on Pokemon Silver... I want make DEMAKE of my project named POKEMON DIRTY SUN <In GBC version that should called Pokemon Dirt>
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
is it possible to make the Pokemon game where you can choose a Hard Mode or Easy Mode like what they did on Black 2 and White 2?
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:48 PM
CrystalStatic
Time for real life...

I have a question. Hope someone can answer!

What is the size of the Pokemon Fire Red background? Thanks for your time in advance!
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
awipe1

I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to make in gametrade scripts.
I'm pretty decent at scripting, I wouldn't call myself advanced but I know the use of variables and flags and such yada yada yada. So if you are able to teach me how to make in game trades, I would love it =) Or if you could send me to a tutorial that shows that kinda stuff too that would be awesome! =)
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
KingEddy
Unhatched Egg

Hi guys, Im working on my first Rom hack ever, anyway my question is how to a make it so the player can only pick one starter from prof oak. Also I wish for there to be just one pokeball on the table. Im using a Fire Red rom
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
is it possible to make the Pokemon game where you can choose a Hard Mode or Easy Mode like what they did on Black 2 and White 2?
Actually... that's possible... It would reduce the number of trainers, though...
My point is that you can make event at the beginning and let players choose which mode they want. If they want Hard mode, then set a specific flag you will check everytime trainer will be about to battle. If it's set, player will battle a harder version of trainer.
As I said, it would reduce the number of trainers because each trainer would have to have 1 "clone" which would be the harder version of him/herself.
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:35 AM
suryabharat
Koolbuddy85

I was searching all over internet for something which i cant find till now

My aim is to add new trainers to a GBA Rom that means creat a new trainer ID like leaving all the default trainer IDs unchanged.

It would be grateful if somebody replied.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:10 AM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryabharat View Post

My aim is to add new trainers to a GBA Rom that means creat a new trainer ID like leaving all the default trainer IDs unchanged.

I think what you want is advanced trainer
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:45 AM
suryabharat
Koolbuddy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
I think what you want is advanced trainer

Thankx awipe1 but I know how to update the trainer with new trainer spirite and replace the existing trainer ID with new trainer.

What I want is, if u have say 300 trainers already in the Rom and no empty trainer ID slots now I want couple of extra trainers say 5 so total 305 trainers with their different trainer IDs. The better example is Emerald Rom which has no empty trainer ID slots where I want new trainers to be added to the Rom.

Can any one help me out with solution.
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Nick20Haunter
Unhatched Egg

well now im aware that theif only allows you to keep the item in a wild pokemon battle i need to make it so it keeps the item in trainer battles too. how can i make this possible for fire red?
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryabharat View Post

There's no easy way to do it, since the Trainers use up flags in memory, and adding any extra Trainers means the new Trainers' flags clash with standard flags used by the game.

They need to be repointed for them to work, and that, my friend, requires a lot of ASM, and, what's more, is that ASM is unreliable at best *Bashes own code*

Sponsored Links