The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaka-Z View Post
When and where did Nintendo state that they dont care if you hack? My PC is screwing up but no antivirus programs are saying anything...Because if we have to take the PC for repair or tradh it, they'll find the ROMs...I want to delete them but my brother doesnt and we share a user.Arghh
Just chill out! Don't worry about it!
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

Thanks for all the answers to the Ralts catching script, even thoughI still haven't found a way to change the Pokémon without screwing it up.
Is it possible to make double battles with two unrelated trainers like in Emerald in Fire Red? I mean the type of double battle in which you can either talk to one of the trainers and battle him/her in a single battle or walk inbetween of them and they both approach you.
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
ultiomos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to ultiomos
I have two questions.
1. Would this be the place to request sprites?
If not then, 2. Where would that be?
If so then, 2. Could someone make me a set of Haruhi Suzumiya overworld sprites?
Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, but it's the only place I can think of.
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultiomos View Post
I have two questions.
1. Would this be the place to request sprites?
If not then, 2. Where would that be?
If so then, 2. Could someone make me a set of Haruhi Suzumiya overworld sprites?
Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, but it's the only place I can think of.
I believe the best place to request sprites would be in Game Development's Tutorials & Resources, there is a Requests thread there.
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Dullstar

Is it possible to insert new maps into the Pokemon Gold Rom? Or can I only edit existing ones?

Google has not been very helpful here.

Old November 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullstar View Post
Is it possible to insert new maps into the Pokemon Gold Rom? Or can I only edit existing ones?

Google has not been very helpful here.
It is possible but you can't do anything about the amount of maps (yet). Join Skeetendo forums and start reading through all the tutorials we've got there, maybe one day you can actually accomplish adding more maps into the rom (this does require quite a lot of elementary knowledge and is not one of the easiest things to do but no way impossible to do either).

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krika View Post
When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.
Any chance I could get this answered?
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

is there a palette offset for bug-type TM in generation III, despite the fact that the generation had no bug-type TMs?
It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
raging-inferno-1986
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging-inferno-1986 View Post
Hi this is for Fire Red, when you get certain gym badges it enables the use of certain HM's. Is there a script controlling this? As i am removing FLASH and instead want to enable the use of ROCK SMASH with a gym badge. Thanks.
Can anyone help me? Thank you.
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
crystalmole
Unhatched Egg

Help! I tried playing my hack of FireRed and whenever I leave the starting house the game resets to the title screen! Does anyone know why this happens?
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmole View Post
Help! I tried playing my hack of FireRed and whenever I leave the starting house the game resets to the title screen! Does anyone know why this happens?
I've had this happen in other areas of my Ruby hack. I found that most times, a map script had been corrupted on the map you were trying to access and the game auto resets. Check all the map scripts for pallette town and compare them to a clean rom. You will probobly find your answer there.

Good Luck!
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
crystalmole
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I've had this happen in other areas of my Ruby hack. I found that most times, a map script had been corrupted on the map you were trying to access and the game auto resets. Check all the map scripts for pallette town and compare them to a clean rom. You will probobly find your answer there.

Good Luck!
Thanks, all I had to do for the fix was copy and paste the map script over from a clean rom lol :D
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Quote:
I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will completely work. When you recieve a gym badge, what happens is a flag a set. Then, lets say you walk up to a rock, it checks to see if the flag that goes with that particular badge has been set. When you approach a rock, the script checks flag 0x825 in firered. This is the same flag that is set when you recieve the marsh badge. Okay, now to make it so that the boulder badge alows rock smash, open up 0x1BE00C in a script editor (the comand for rock smash in firered). On line 7, change the flag from 0x825 (marsh badge) to flag 0x820 (boulder badge). Flash will still be usable as I dont know where its script is, but you will now be able to use rock smash after recieving the boulder badge.

I usually hack ruby because its the game I grew up with, and this is how it works in Ruby. I dont know if there is more to it than this, but its worth a try.
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:14 AM
raging-inferno-1986
Unhatched Egg

Thank you, that helps a lot.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Dddzort
Unhatched Egg

What command do I put in a trainer battle script to make the vs seeker work?
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddzort View Post
What command do I put in a trainer battle script to make the vs seeker work?
This question was answered by tajaros in the Script Help Thread. You use the trainerbattle 0x3. If you need more help with scripting, look up diegoisawesomes XSE scripting tutorial, there's a ton of stuff there.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:17 AM
truekidmoney
Unhatched Egg

How can I insert this into a free space in my rom?
03 B5 03 48 00 68 03 49 80 89 08 80 03 BD C0 46
0C 50 00 03 D0 70 03 02
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
wwmb
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekidmoney View Post
How can I insert this into a free space in my rom?
03 B5 03 48 00 68 03 49 80 89 08 80 03 BD C0 46
0C 50 00 03 D0 70 03 02
First: Download a hex editor (I use HxD and XVI32)
2nd: Open you rom with the hex editor.
3rd: Select a space, equal to the length of your hex, of 00 (I believe that people said this is freespace for Ruby and Sapphire, someone correct me if I'm wrong) or FF (Firered, Leafgreen and Emerald) ... check around E3D000
4th: Paste your hex code into the selection you made in step 3
5th: Take note of the location you inserted the code into (You will need it to make pointers, use it in custom scripts and such) DON'T LOSE IT.
6th: save
7th: Use your hex in a custom command somewhere! haha

Last edited by wwmb; November 13th, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
truekidmoney
Unhatched Egg

thx alot wwmb. 1 more question in fire red all spots with FF counts as free space?Also when u say take note of the location I inserted the code do u mean offset? and if so what happens if the code is 2 lines like mine?
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
wwmb
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekidmoney View Post
thx alot wwmb. 1 more question in fire red all spots with FF counts as free space?Also when u say take note of the location I inserted the code do u mean offset? and if so what happens if the code is 2 lines like mine?
Kind of.... if you see large spaces of FF's (Like down at the bottom of the ROM) then yes... but, a lone FF (or a small pach) could be used for something already (so try to judge if you think it's large enough or not.)
Correct, the offset. In HxD you can find the offset of your selection by looking in the bottom left-hand corner.

The lines don't really matter, since binary is really just one dimensional, you're only breaking it up into chucks to read easier. (You could probably set a hex editor to read it all in one line. But that would be hard to read. haha)
So to answer your question, Just select a space big enough to fit it all, and paste them in. If they are two separate commands: note the offsets where each starts. (You could paste one, the skip two FFs or so and paste the other, if you want to play things safe and make it easier to read)

Good luck
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Aquibian
Unhatched Egg

I'm hacking Ruby, and I want to make it, so at a certain point in the game, an individual gives you the PokeDex. I can't seem to be able to edit the order that Pokemon appear in the Hoenn regional dex, example changing Oddish to be #20 instead of whatever. If someone could help me with that
OR
I could give the player a National Mode Dex instead, which I believe can be edited easier, but what is the flag for that in Ruby?
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
wwmb
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquibian View Post
I'm hacking Ruby, and I want to make it, so at a certain point in the game, an individual gives you the PokeDex. I can't seem to be able to edit the order that Pokemon appear in the Hoenn regional dex, example changing Oddish to be #20 instead of whatever. If someone could help me with that
OR
I could give the player a National Mode Dex instead, which I believe can be edited easier, but what is the flag for that in Ruby?
Saddly, there isn't a flag for turning the national dex on in RS. I did find this though:
Code:
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
youtu.be/EdT38tz28OM
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Aquibian
Unhatched Egg

How do I change the order of PKMN in the Hoenn regional Dex?
Change 001 Treecko to 001 Togepi and so on

I've been using the Pokedex Order Editor by team snagem but nothing changes in-game

Last edited by Aquibian; November 13th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
How come every time I go into a random Pokemon battle, the game freezes?

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
wwmb
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquibian View Post
How do I change the order of PKMN in the Hoenn regional Dex?
Change 001 Treecko to 001 Togepi and so on

I've been using the Pokedex Order Editor by team snagem but nothing changes in-game
I used XSE and my sapphire ROM and made:
Code:
//---------------
#org 0x720000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x801 //check if the player has gotten the pokedex from the professor yet
if 0x1 call 0x872000E
release
end

//---------------
#org 0x72000E
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
return
and it worked!
(Yes it starts with it still in HOENN mode, but simply pressing SELECT and going to the newly unlocked: "SHIFT">"MODE">"NATIONAL DEX">"OK" will set the dex to show in the correct order)
I haven't tried Ruby (yet.. I'll do that later) EDIT: Yup, it worked in Ruby too! Good luck with your hack

and about changing the order... can't help you. Sorry. I don't have experience in that area.

Last edited by wwmb; November 13th, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Tested in ruby
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links