Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 7th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by makayta:
Well, it is 0.9.1, and I went back to Hackmew's toolbox and redownloaded it. The program refuses to accept any rom I want to edit. Are there any other decent trainer editors?
You can try P.E.T. But it is ancient. You wouldn't happen to have another computer you could use it on? That would be the best way to go. Also, give you registry and temp files a clear with Ccleaner. Might get rid of something blocking it's use.

Other thing to try is make sure you have all of the .net frameworks installed and both comdlg.ocx things registered. They are required for some tools.

Paired with Simba
Old February 8th, 2013 (06:57 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
How would I go about creating a script that only allows the player to access an area once a badge has been obtained? It's for blocking off the Pokemon Tower in FRLG until the player has obtained the Fourth Badge. I've had a look and I know it's something to do with setting the flags, I have an idea but I can't get it quite right.
Old February 8th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
If my PM box is full, VM instead :x

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
How would I go about creating a script that only allows the player to access an area once a badge has been obtained? It's for blocking off the Pokemon Tower in FRLG until the player has obtained the Fourth Badge. I've had a look and I know it's something to do with setting the flags, I have an idea but I can't get it quite right.
Isn't it just a simple checkflag? Or you mean like the door not opening till the fourth badge?

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though you can call me FBI because it's shorter.

Some of my stuff:
ASM request/resource thread
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop
Old February 8th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
MrGarroz

Nature: Serious
I'm using the hack tool "Pokemon Editor", that is in Pokemon Game Editor (PGE), and I can't manage to add a new attack to a Pokemon. For example, how can I add "Frenzy Plant" in Bulbasaur's learnable attacks at level 55?
It's the first time I use this tool, I always used YAPE in the past...
Old February 8th, 2013 (08:37 AM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by 95gemello7:
I'm using the hack tool "Pokemon Editor", that is in Pokemon Game Editor (PGE), and I can't manage to add a new attack to a Pokemon. For example, how can I add "Frenzy Plant" in Bulbasaur's learnable attacks at level 55?
It's the first time I use this tool, I always used YAPE in the past...
Do you see the level-up attack pointer? Right above it, click "insert attacks at offset". Then point it to a good chunk of free space, type the number of attacks you want, then click inset. Do not touch the Jambo51 hack unless you know what you are doing!

Now, remember that point we typed in for the new attack bank? Type it into the level-up attack Pointer box and hit repoint. Have fun!

Wait, this will create a new empty bank of just "pounds". So, if you want to just add one move, use YAPE. Otherwise you will have to reinsert all of the old attacks.

Paired with Simba
Old February 8th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
MrGarroz

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Do you see the level-up attack pointer? Right above it, click "insert attacks at offset". Then point it to a good chunk of free space, type the number of attacks you want, then click inset. Do not touch the Jambo51 hack unless you know what you are doing!

Now, remember that point we typed in for the new attack bank? Type it into the level-up attack Pointer box and hit repoint. Have fun!

Wait, this will create a new empty bank of just "pounds". So, if you want to just add one move, use YAPE. Otherwise you will have to reinsert all of the old attacks.
Thank you a lot!!! Really, you saved my life!!!
Old February 8th, 2013 (09:58 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by FBI agent:
Isn't it just a simple checkflag? Or you mean like the door not opening till the fourth badge?
Yeah, I wanted to make it so that the Door was locked until you receive the fourth badge.
Old February 8th, 2013 (10:34 AM).

Yeah, I wanted to make it so that the Door was locked until you receive the fourth badge.
Oh OK, in FireRed they had a green script tile infront of the door that made you walk down after a small message. Either that or you can use setmaptile. Have one tile be use warp + door animation and have the second tile not have those properties. Then you can either have a level script that checks and sets the tile depending on the flag or a screen script tile infront of the door.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though you can call me FBI because it's shorter.

Some of my stuff:
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop
Old February 8th, 2013 (10:55 AM).

Quote originally posted by FBI agent:
Oh OK, in FireRed they had a green script tile infront of the door that made you walk down after a small message. Either that or you can use setmaptile. Have one tile be use warp + door animation and have the second tile not have those properties. Then you can either have a level script that checks and sets the tile depending on the flag or a screen script tile infront of the door.
I have also done it with a hidden NPC on the door, that goes away when the flag is set.

Paired with Simba
Old February 8th, 2013 (09:59 PM).
Mew!

is there a simple way to change the chance of getting a shiny in firered...

its like 1 in 16 some odd thousand.. id like to set it at a sterdy 1%... 1 in 100

something sothat you WILL see some shiny playing thru the game... weather you catch a shiny ratatta or lugia is still random tho..
Old February 8th, 2013 (10:18 PM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by LocksmithArmy:

its like 1 in 16 some odd thousand.. id like to set it at a sterdy 1%... 1 in 100

something sothat you WILL see some shiny playing thru the game... weather you catch a shiny ratatta or lugia is still random tho..
The way shiny pokemon work is that its Trainer ID and Secret ID are XOR'd, which is then XOR'd with its Personality Value which is XOR'd with its lower and higher bits.

So it's really not so easy to make it more likely without breaking that.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality#Shininess
Old February 9th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Anyone has an idea where I can find the Poke Center animation?

The TV that changes the animations while Nurse joy(Above her head) is healing your Pokemanz, since almost all animations of those tiles (Ex. Pc's, TV's) aren't in animeditor, but are in the tileset itself, with theyre animation too, but the PC TV seems to not have the animation in the tileset nor in animeditor.

Thank you.

Anbuja~
Old February 9th, 2013 (06:50 AM).

Quote originally posted by LocksmithArmy:

I used shinyizer by HackMew on my rom and then place a couple s-tiles around on different maps which would cause the next Pokemon (both wild and trainer:D) seen to be shiny. It takes some time, but it does raise the shiny rate.

Paired with Simba
Old February 9th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
Would it be okay to recruit people for artistic help on a rom hacking project? This is important because I've lost my ability to sprite well due to years of stagnation and art direction is the entire point of the project I have in mind.
Old February 9th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Does anyone know where I can find the introductions Text on Advanced Text for Fire Red? I've searched in a few places and I can't seem to find it, I've also looked under the Archived Introduction but all that's under there is the Professor Oak Script. I'm talking about the text that appears before that.
Old February 9th, 2013 (01:05 PM). Edited February 9th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Does anyone know where I can find the introductions Text on Advanced Text for Fire Red? I've searched in a few places and I can't seem to find it, I've also looked under the Archived Introduction but all that's under there is the Professor Oak Script. I'm talking about the text that appears before that.
You do realize there is a search button, where you can type the first few words and have it find the text for you?

I found the button help intro at 1857581 (decimal).

The text with a Pikachu sitting on it is at 1858052 (dec).

Hope this helps.

Quote originally posted by Mr. Whiscash:
Would it be okay to recruit people for artistic help on a rom hacking project? This is important because I've lost my ability to sprite well due to years of stagnation and art direction is the entire point of the project I have in mind.
I think so, go to the Team Discussions section and start a recruitment thread. Tell them what your hack is about and what you need help for.

Paired with Simba
Old February 9th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
You do realize there is a search button, where you can type the first few words and have it find the text for you?

I found the button help intro at 1857581 (decimal).

The text with a Pikachu sitting on it is at 1858052 (dec).

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I tried that and I can't edit it from that and nor does it locate me to the actual script.
Old February 9th, 2013 (02:33 PM).

Yeah, I tried that and I can't edit it from that and nor does it locate me to the actual script.
Okay, so after you search and find it, in the bottom middle of the search window, click "add to .ini". Fill out the info and then click "add to INI". Now it will be in the folder you specified, such as Introduction or something else.

Paired with Simba
Old February 9th, 2013 (04:52 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Got it.

Is it possible to disable the feature that prevents Johto & Hoenn Pokemon evolving in Fire Red & Leaf Green without having the National Dex?

I want to leave any scripts regarding the Pokedex untouched but I want to make it possible to catch all 386 Pokemon before the Elite Four and if Hoenn & Johto Pokemon can't evolve it's impossible.
Old February 9th, 2013 (05:03 PM).

Nature: Quirky
In a hex editor go to 0xCE91A and change the 4 bytes there to 00 00 14 E0 and then change 0x126C4D from D9 to E0 to get stone evos working.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where the pickup item data is stored? Or just how to change the pickup items in general?

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old February 9th, 2013 (05:26 PM).

Quote originally posted by Noossab Blue:
In a hex editor go to 0xCE91A and change the 4 bytes there to 00 00 14 E0 and then change 0x126C4D from D9 to E0 to get stone evos working.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where the pickup item data is stored? Or just how to change the pickup items in general?
Pickup item? Explain what you mean and for what version?

Some of my stuff:
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop
Old February 9th, 2013 (07:00 PM).

Nature: Quirky
FR and I mean changing the items that can be found using pickup.

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old February 9th, 2013 (07:42 PM).
Is back...
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
does anyone know the offset so i can enable the Ruby/saphire grass animation in firered?

I need it for icey grass animation so i can have that and the normal one.

Thanks in advance.
Old February 10th, 2013 (03:48 AM).

Nature: Calm
I'm trying to do a worping script where you are teleported to an area after talking to the person and i have no clue how to do that so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great
Old February 10th, 2013 (04:23 AM).
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote originally posted by Omega Zero:
does anyone know the offset so i can enable the Ruby/saphire grass animation in firered?

I need it for icey grass animation so i can have that and the normal one.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=252704
Hope this helps :>

Sponsored Links