The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Mizumi
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
I'm confused. Can you dumb down what I'm supposed to do?
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
You will need to use SMCA in conjunction with Truck Remover, as Truck Remover only removes the ASM routine associate with the truck, but doesn't change your start map.

Also, Kurapika is correct. Directly after the wild battle and its waitstate, you can place the giveitem.
Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?

Last edited by robin22gongon; March 11th, 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:08 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?
Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...
Quote:
With this command, the ROM will choose a random number within the range of 0x0 to the value you set with the argument, and then assign it to 0x800D.
Here is an example...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @pidgey 0x6
wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @getberry
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @noberry
end

#org @getberry
giveitem 139 1
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

#org @noberry
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end
Remember the golden rule of hacking...
Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...

Here is an example...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @pidgey 0x6
wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
random 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @getberry
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @noberry
end

#org @getberry
giveitem 139 1
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

#org @noberry
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end
Remember the golden rule of hacking...
Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.
Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Mizumi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
If you notice, number 2013 did not change its offset. That is becuase the original still exists, and you put your new one later in the rom, and now it exists at its own number. If you opted to change the pointer, it should ignore the old one and go straight to your new one.
I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:23 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizumi View Post
I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?

Have you tried to play your game? Because in unlz, when you put a new image in a new offset, checked the automatically fix pointers box and successfully saved it, it will exist in a new number in unlz format. Reply if you tried it but still nothing.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM
YogiBerra

Hello.

Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:01 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
Hello.

Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.
Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
YogiBerra

Quote:
Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.
Thank you very much, that works for the rival names, I'll test if the same will work for the hero's names. Thanks again!
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM
foxz.

hello!
Well, I would like to know how to change the design of the trainer card in pokemon fire red.
I know the offset of the card and his pals, but not as ordering raw. Because the raw serves to the front and back of the card.
Well, I hope and I can help, thanks
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:34 PM
YogiBerra

Quote:
Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?
Well if you still have the original script uncompiled with dynamic offsets you can add in the random part no problem.

As for the weather part, I assume you would use level scripts with the setweather/doweather commands.
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:05 PM
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Does the emulator run clean roms?
clean roms and non-lunarips-patching required rom hacks
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:12 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxz. View Post
hello!
Well, I would like to know how to change the design of the trainer card in pokemon fire red.
I know the offset of the card and his pals, but not as ordering raw. Because the raw serves to the front and back of the card.
Well, I hope and I can help, thanks
Here's my answer:
Spoiler:
If you know the offset and palette, open it in NSE 2.1. And then edit that or you can import your new image using the Import function. Then hit Save. Fix Pointers and your good. About the raw, do you know its unlz-GBA number? If so, Hit raw dump once you locate it. Usually it's just in the next offset of the image. So after saving the raw file, open your edited or your own image with NTME or Professional Tilemap Creator then load tilemap from .raw which is the one you saved earlier and from there edit the order of things. I hope I helped you.

Quote:
Well if you still have the original script uncompiled with dynamic offsets you can add in the random part no problem.

As for the weather part, I assume you would use level scripts with the setweather/doweather commands.
So I would still need to put new events in A-map? Or I just compile it using XSE and it will do its thing automatically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
I personally use this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x8dbik80db0vkf2

Reply if it worked.

Last edited by robin22gongon; March 12th, 2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
Wow, that is weird. Try patching it with A-ptch or UPS. I have links for both patches on the thread.

And try robin22gongon's link^ a new emulator might solve your problem.

Paired with Simba
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:12 PM
YogiBerra

Quote:
So I would still need to put new events in A-map? Or I just compile it using XSE and it will do its thing automatically?
Well you will need to have a Person Event with the Pidgey overworld sprite that has the script that karatekid552 posted for the random item giving after the battle. As for the weather, a level script that has code such as:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
random 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @sunny
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @rainy
end

#org @sunny
setweather 0x1 //sets up the weather "0x1" which is "Sunny weather with clouds in water" in Advance Map
doweather //executes the weather set in the previous line
end

#org @rainy
setweather 0x3 //sets up the weather "0x3" which is "Rainy weather" in Advance Map
doweather
end
should be placed on each map on which you want the weather to vary. The type of level script should probably be "03 On entering map/not on menu close" I believe, although I have little experience with level scripts, so anyone can feel free to disagree with me on that. Anyway, I hope I could help.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Well you will need to have a Person Event with the Pidgey overworld sprite that has the script that karatekid552 posted for the random item giving after the battle. As for the weather, a level script that has code such as:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
random 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @sunny
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @rainy
end

#org @sunny
setweather 0x1 //sets up the weather "0x1" which is "Sunny weather with clouds in water" in Advance Map
doweather //executes the weather set in the previous line
end

#org @rainy
setweather 0x3 //sets up the weather "0x3" which is "Rainy weather" in Advance Map
doweather
end
should be placed on each map on which you want the weather to vary. The type of level script should probably be "03 On entering map/not on menu close" I believe, although I have little experience with level scripts, so anyone can feel free to disagree with me on that. Anyway, I hope I could help.
Okay thanks dude. Imma try it later.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:42 PM
YogiBerra

Quote:
Okay thanks dude. Imma try it later.
You're very welcome. I'll try it out too and see how it works.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM
robin22gongon

Oh, and do I need to implement it for every map?

EDIT: How do I test it? I have been going back and forth from map to map and still sunny.

Last edited by robin22gongon; March 12th, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
YogiBerra

Yes, you will need to put it on every map you want to have random weather, and I can't think of why it would be doing that. I'll have to test it out myself, but I don't have much time at the moment.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Oh, and do I need to implement it for every map?

EDIT: How do I test it? I have been going back and forth from map to map and still sunny.
Yes, you will need to implement it on every map as a level script:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

Paired with Simba
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Yes, you will need to implement it on every map as a level script:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
Can you dumb that down and just tell me which level script command I should use?
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Can you dump that down and just tell me which level script command I should use?
In my case, I use level script number 3 for my hack SkyLine.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:51 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
In my case, I use level script number 3 for my hack SkyLine.
Thanks I'll try it later. BTW the example of Loot script you gave doesn't compile.
It says "Error 13 'Type Mismatch' on line 6 Missing #define or parameter. Line msgbox @pidgey 0x6.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks I'll try it later. BTW the example of Loot script you gave doesn't compile.
It says "Error 13 'Type Mismatch' on line 6 Missing #define or parameter. Line msgbox @pidgey 0x6.
brad, obvious na sana ang solusyon n'yan kung alam mo ang basics of scripting.
---
bro, the solution would have been pretty obvious if you know the basics of scripting.

it means that XSE couldn't find the text address of msgbox @pidgey 0x6
Add this line of code.

Quote:
#org @pidgey
= hey, this is text.

Last edited by destinedjagold; March 12th, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
You need a text portion that is:

#org @pidgey
= hey, this is text.

If you have it, make sure it isn't spelled wrong, and make sure you are using XSE 1.1.1.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here