The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:21 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
Ok, it worked and everything, but there are some errors, mainly in text, it seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.

Screenies(Sorry but you will get some big damn screenies D
Spoiler:

Notes:
-It seems like if i replaced something instead of creating something.
-As you can see it says TM13 4,000 coins, but it actually has to say "VAPOREON"
-Like, TM13 = VAPOREON / TM23 = JOLTEON / TM24 = FLAREON, and so on...

Ughh!, told you i cant do this...

EDIT: Note
-Ooops, noticed that not every TM is correct, they're all VAPOREON's, lol.
Can you spoiler your huge screen shot in your last post, it makes my page go all funky:p

Now, this will help you greatly: http://174.133.255.180/showthread.php?t=200882

Once you create the multichoice, then we will fix the problem of them all giving the same thing.

Paired with Simba
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Hey dudes, I've got a problem. I tried doing this,
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135
but when I disable the limiter, it still says "BULBASAUR used a NORMAL move! Also, when I exit PGE, the attacks I made new effect e.g. KILLER, same as POUND, I save then exit. Open again with PGE and reverts to POUND imitation not KILLER.
Okay
1. Its supposed to be 6 00's, not 8. So change the last 00 00 to the original two bytes.
2. If the new has a new effect, why would it have a new animation?
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:33 PM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Hi everyone, I was reading a few pages back and using flags over 0x900 causes bad eggs and other glitches? What flags haven't been used in the game that I can use? I have been using 0x1200 and above at the moment!
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:31 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Hi everyone, I was reading a few pages back and using flags over 0x900 causes bad eggs and other glitches? What flags haven't been used in the game that I can use? I have been using 0x1200 and above at the moment!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...56#post6829256

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=183

These will help you a lot. Read through them and then come back with any questions.

Paired with Simba
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:44 AM
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Can you spoiler your huge screen shot in your last post, it makes my page go all funky:p

Now, this will help you greatly: http://174.133.255.180/showthread.php?t=200882

Once you create the multichoice, then we will fix the problem of them all giving the same thing.
Welp, i'll try that, thank you.
I'll try it when i have time...
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:50 AM
exedissolve
Straight-edge

Do I have to index Icons for Gen IV and V pokemon that I put into my FireRed hack?

Dissolve's PokePet

Bunsin the level 53 Flareon!
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by exedissolve View Post
Do I have to index Icons for Gen IV and V pokemon that I put into my FireRed hack?
If you are using Unlz-GBA, then yes. Wichu Sprite Editor automatially indexes the sprite.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:27 AM
exedissolve
Straight-edge

Is thereca place I can download indexed gen 4 & 5 sprites for firered?

Dissolve's PokePet

Bunsin the level 53 Flareon!
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedissolve View Post
Is thereca place I can download indexed gen 4 & 5 sprites for firered?
You can index them yourself by using Irfanview and 4th and 5th gen sprites for FR can be found here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
Does anyone know how I can change the pokemon professor oak shows in his introduction (the nidoran f) in FR?

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Hi again, I'd like to know how many full size maps fit in FireRed? I plan on creating 3 seperate Islands, with 5-6 Cities each and over 50 Routes. Is this possible? If not, is there a possibility to increase the size of the Rom?

Thanks for all answers
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
Does anyone know how I can change the pokemon professor oak shows in his introduction (the nidoran f) in FR?
You can use IntroEd I found on Whack a hack:

http://wahackpokemon.com/descarga/herras/IntroEd.zip

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:59 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
Tool by MewThree Inc(?) called IntroEd.

Edit: Whoops, already answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
Hi again, I'd like to know how many full size maps fit in FireRed? I plan on creating 3 seperate Islands, with 5-6 Cities each and over 50 Routes. Is this possible? If not, is there a possibility to increase the size of the Rom?

Thanks for all answers
Easily, the max, not counting Data size limits, is about 65,000. Granted, some maps will take up a lot of bytes, but you should be fine.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 18th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Would it be possible to add a 4th world map to FR?
It doesn't seem possible, or else someone would already have done it.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
Would it be possible to add a 4th world map to FR?
It doesn't seem possible, or else someone would already have done it.
Anything is possible, but that would be extremely difficult, I mean really, really difficult.

Paired with Simba
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:27 PM
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400
I've been looking everywhere, but I don't see any specific guidance so I wanted to settle it once and for all. What exactly is the lowest flag number you can use assuming I'm using the Hacked engine by JPAN?
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
I've been looking everywhere, but I don't see any specific guidance so I wanted to settle it once and for all. What exactly is the lowest flag number you can use assuming I'm using the Hacked engine by JPAN?
With the hacked engine: 28. On DavidJCobbs list, anything that says "Used for cut tree in ___" or "Used for rock smash bolder in ____" (or the like) is temporary, and can't be used, even if you have nothing there.

Flags that pertain to story events are good though, those you can use.

Paired with Simba
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:49 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
I've run into a problem with Walking Scripts on JPAN's hacked engine. As long as a Walking Script is functioning, repel will never wear off. Presumably, this is because (according to JPAN's guide) the Walking Script code blocks low-leveled walking events from occurring. This problem also prevents wild encounters, but JPAN got around it by making a couple of specials that call the random water/grass battle generators from the Walking Script to make it work.

So my question is, is there any way I can call the repel check (or whatever it is) from my walking script? It seems possible in some way or another, but does anybody have any idea about how to do it?
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
I've run into a problem with Walking Scripts on JPAN's hacked engine. As long as a Walking Script is functioning, repel will never wear off. Presumably, this is because (according to JPAN's guide) the Walking Script code blocks low-leveled walking events from occurring. This problem also prevents wild encounters, but JPAN got around it by making a couple of specials that call the random water/grass battle generators from the Walking Script to make it work.

So my question is, is there any way I can call the repel check (or whatever it is) from my walking script? It seems possible in some way or another, but does anybody have any idea about how to do it?
My thoughts are you could run the ASM routine which checks for repel steps left using the callasm command in the script. Though, you would need to have a little bit of ASM knowledge to find that routine and call it and make sure it returns to your script when it is done.

Me and FBI branched this routine a while back to make Pokémon gain HP every step, though, for the life of me, I can't remember where it was, sorry.

Paired with Simba
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:07 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Does anybody know how to skip the credits in FR using ASM or Byte Editing? I want to skip it without a press of a button or anything, just skip it.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Does anybody know how to skip the credits in FR using ASM or Byte Editing? I want to skip it without a press of a button or anything, just skip it.
I believe it is built into special 0x110 which also does the hall of fame. Let me check.

Edit: Yes, it does do both, and special 0x1A5 just plays the credits. There is no "just hall of fame" special. So, you would have to do some ASM/byte editing to skip them.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 19th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552
My thoughts are you could run the ASM routine which checks for repel steps left using the callasm command in the script. Though, you would need to have a little bit of ASM knowledge to find that routine and call it and make sure it returns to your script when it is done.

Me and FBI branched this routine a while back to make Pokémon gain HP every step, though, for the life of me, I can't remember where it was, sorry.
I hoped this might be possible, but unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of ASM. However, I did find this page by JPAN that has some information on repel...but I'm not really sure of what to make of the information. Might this be the routine I would be looking for?
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:44 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
I hoped this might be possible, but unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of ASM. However, I did find this page by JPAN that has some information on repel...but I'm not really sure of what to make of the information. Might this be the routine I would be looking for?
The first routine is the "player used repel" routine that happens when you use it in the bag. Let me look farther. BTW, possibly one of my favorite threads on PC. It is what I used to write my evolution stone tut:p.

I don't see the outside of bag routine in there. It wouldn't be too hard for me to find where the byte is that decreases with each step. Then I could trace it back a little bit. Maybe I have that old routine laying around somewhere....

Edit: yeah, I found the routine, but I neglected to write down where it goes.... Damn.

Paired with Simba
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552
Edit: yeah, I found the routine, but I neglected to write down where it goes.... Damn.
Well, if you didn't write down where it goes, how might I go about finding it? I really have no clue how to pinpoint an ASM routine :\

Thanks for your help!
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:37 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Well, if you didn't write down where it goes, how might I go about finding it? I really have no clue how to pinpoint an ASM routine :\

Thanks for your help!
I can explain it, but if you don't know ASM, it will be really tough.

1) Use a Max repel. Then open up the create cheat function in VBA and use that to pinpoint the location of the step counter which will decrease (255, 254, 253....) with each step. Just give it a quick youtube, it is fairly simple to use.

2) Set a breakpoint on read of that location. This will be the point at which the game says, "Hmm, he has 25 steps left, continue..." And then later, "Oh! 0 steps left, play message." If you can work backwards from here by following the routine back, you will eventually find where it begins. However, if you can't read ASM, you won't know where that point is.:p

My best advice: if you are serious about hacking, hit up both HackMew's and shinyquagsire's ASM tutorials. From there, read JPAN's documentation and start experimenting. It is a lot, I know, but it is deffinately worth it.

Here is some useful stuff (Darthatron, FBI, and I all use it, probobly more people too):

Instruction reference: https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~ece222/ARM...manual-pt3.pdf

JPAN's doc: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachm...7&d=1247104157

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here